Mess 29

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Returning back to Seoul is like returning back to reality. That short trip to Boseong was a great (and sweet) escape from reality and even though it has been a month since we came back to Seoul, I miss the time spent there because the hectic schedule at work is draining me. Not just me, all my peers feel the same way too, especially now that we are in our third month, we have gotten more responsibilities and workload on our plates. Furthermore, with Joohyun's return, my life in the kitchen has been a torture and I truly comprehend the meaning of "You never know what you have until it's gone". Working under Sehun was actually less pressurising, as compared to having that demon nitpicking about very single mistake of mine and breathing down my neck. I shouldn't have fought with Sehun at the very beginning. If I didn't act on impulse, I wouldn't have transferred to Joohyun's team and get dragged to hell.

"You look tired."

Just when I am massaging the back of my neck, I heard Jongin's voice next to my ear. 

"What did you and Sehun do last night?"

I click my tongue at my best friend for having inappropriate thoughts all the time. Ever since I told Jongin that Sehun and I had at the beach, he wouldn't stop teasing me whenever opportunity arises. And of course, being the big mouth in the house, he ratted on me and he went to share that with Sehun's mother too. Urgh, I am never sharing my life with Jongin anymore. This guy doesn't know to keep his mouth shut at all!

"Shut up, Jongin. We didn't do anything."

The only time Sehun and I had was on the beach and that was the last time we got intimate with each other, despite sharing a same room. It would be a lie if I say I am not looking forward to the next time we do it. Ever since the Boseong trip, I find myself thinking of him more than usual, despite the fact that we work in the same place and live under the same roof. Knowing how shy he is, I just love to tease him non-stop whenever we are in our room and initiate all sorts of skinship just to catch a glimpse of his rosy cheeks. He would always cast me a scrutinising look whenever I invade his personal bubble initially, but now, I think he gave up and he lets me do whatever I want as long as it doesn't put him in an uncomfortable position.

Even though the time spent with Sehun makes me feel like I am soaked in immerse happiness, I can't help to feel bad for another man. And that man is Baekhyun. Whenever Baekhyun's face appears in front of me, I can feel a sinking feeling of guilt in the pit of my stomach. He asked me how was my trip to Boseong and I told him everything, except for the intimate stuff I did with Sehun, and I felt extremely bad for not being completely honest with him. He asked me if I missed him, I lied that I did, but in reality, I didn't. Not just that, I hate myself so much because he is always so excited to make dinner plans with me but undeniably, I no longer feel the same enthusiasm. We had a few dinner dates for the past one month and never have I failed to think of Sehun throughout the dates, even though Baekhyun was right beside me. I didn't want to disappoint Baekhyun and reject him so I went for those dinner dates with him, but it didn't feel right.

Since when did I start feeling that way? I have always loved Baekhyun and I never stopped thinking about him even when he broke my heart and left without bidding goodbye. It was like a dream come true when Baekhyun told me that he likes me because my feelings were finally reciprocated. But suddenly, that dream of being Baekhyun's one and only doesn't seem as appealing as being in the arms of my fiance, Oh Sehun.

At this point, it's pretty obvious that I am starting to fall for Sehun and I am no longer on the same page as Baekhyun. So many times, I have wanted to come clean with Baekhyun but whenever he looks at me with hearts in his eyes, I just can't bring myself to break his heart. I promised him that we will be together after Sehun and I call off the engagement, but things have changed. Knowing that I have made him wait for nothing, I feel like the biggest ever. Baekhyun has been so loyal, so loving, and so accommodating, how can I crush his heart by telling him that I only want to be with Sehun and not him anymore?

"Did you hear what I said? Or were you busy daydreaming away?"

"What?" I spit in an annoyed tone and when I spin my head to the side. To my surprise, instead of Jongin, it's Joohyun, who is eyeing me with her arms crossed, "S-Sorry."

"You seem to be very engrossed in your own thoughts all the time huh? How many times have I caught you drifting away? Don't let me catch you again, or else, out you go."

 

"There will be a media event this coming weekend and the PR agency has engaged us for catering service. Hence, we have a challenge for all the trainees. You guys will be preparing the buffet selection for that event all by yourselves, without the help of any senior chefs."

All the trainees and I gasp at that abrupt news. That's a huge responsibility put on our shoulders! Sehun is basically asking us to run the show without any senior chefs. Sure, it's a great opportunity to test our ability and also for us to be less reliant on our mentors, but how can he pin the restaurant's reputation solely on us? How can he entrust us fully on that? What if any of us ed up? How can we bear that responsibility? 

"As usual, if you are not up for it, you can leave anytime," Sehun points at his chin towards the direction of the door and I can feel terror running down my spine from his icy gaze. I almost forget that Sehun can make anyone pee in their pants with his death glare because I haven't seen that side of him for quite some time, "I know this sounds massive and intimidating," His hard gaze seems to soften a little, "But it's already your third month here, we have imparted the relevant knowledge to you guys and all of you have been improving progressively. Take this challenge as an indication of your ability. We have faith in you guys so you should have faith in yourself too. Furthermor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter