Mess 11

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"They are back, they are back!"

I signal to Mrs Oh when I hear the engine sound from the car. She places the bowl of noodles that she prepared for Sehun specially on the dining table before I open the door to greet the two men who just came home after work.

"Welcome home!" Enthusiasm written all over my face.

"What are you up to? Why are you so excited?"

Jongin points out my weird behaviour and even though Sehun isn't vocal about it, the doubt on his face says that he is suspicious of my behaviour too. Jongin and Sehun are about to climb the stairs to go back to their rooms when I tug on Sehun's shirt and stop him, he turns around and shoots a questioning look at me. Instinctively, I hook my arm around his and bring him to the dining area, while Jongin joins us to see what I am up to. Then, I make Sehun sit in front of the bowl of noodles.

"Your mum made this bowl of noodles specially for you, you must finish it."

Sehun looks at the bowl of noodles for a few seconds, before switching his gaze to his mother and me. When I got home in the evening, I told Mrs Oh about Sehun's injury and as worried as she is, I assured her that I have handled his wound properly. And then I suggested Mrs Oh to prepare supper for Sehun because she has never gotten a chance to do so. This is the perfect opportunity! Sehun has injured his hand, he should stop acting tough. Sehun needs to try to rely on people sometimes, and not cope everything by himself. He was obviously in pain in the afternoon but he didn't want the rest to worry about him, so he put on a tough front. 

"I am not hungry..."

I clicked my tongue, "Tsk! Just eat it, will you? Your mother cooked this for you." This old man is reacting like a tortoise so I pick up the chopsticks and spoon to scoop a spoonful of noodles and soup for him, "Open your mouth!"

"Yah, I am not disabled."

I open the stubborn man's mouth forcefully and shove the spoon of noodles into his mouth since he wouldn't cooperate. He stares at me with rounded eyes when I pat his head and say, "Good boy" to him, as if he is my pet dog.

"I will eat by myself."

Despite with an injury on one of his hands, Sehun managed to snatch the cutlery from me easily. I turn to Mrs Oh to give her a wink, and I can tell that she is glad to have Sehun eat the food that she made for him.

"Aww, look at these lovebirds, so sweet," I send a glare towards Jongin's direction but he clearly doesn't give a , "Aunty, what about me?" Jongin pouts.

"There are biscuits in cabinets, go help yourself," I stick out my tongue at my bestie.

Just then, Mrs Oh has placed another bowl of noodles in front of Jongin and the guy cheers in delight. 

"Thank you, aunty, you are the best!" Jongin blows a flying kiss to Mrs Oh. Speaking of that, Sehun didn't show any sign of gratitude, unlike Jongin.

I nudge Sehun, earing another irritated look from him, "What?"

Leaning closely to him, I bring my mouth to his ear, "You should say thank you to your mother huh?" Then I lean backwards to check on him. He looks so stiff and shy and honestly, it looks hilarious to see that side of Oh Sehun. He may be a cocky and confident chef in front of the trainees and his colleagues, but in front of his mother, he is just a shy potato. Of course, I am not expecting Sehun to cry a river, because he is a rock, but a mere thank you would be enough to light up his mother's world.

Sehun clears his throat after he swallows the food in his mouth, "Mum, thank you."

The bright smile on Mrs Oh's face is definitely worth the hassle that she and I went through. 

 

"You are going to bathe?"

I exclaim, rushing to block him from entering the bathroom. Sehun's annoyed face returns at my disturbance.

"What now? I can't even take a bath in my own room? Stop playing, I am beat and it's already 1am."

He pushes me away gently but I block him again, "Dude, your wound is going to get infected if you let it come into contact with water. Don't you even have that basic common sense?"

Sehun is rendered speechless after I told him off. We are taught on these when we were in culinary school. Has he forgotten how to deal with accidents in the kitchen? I am just trying to be nice and he is always so skeptical about my kind intentions. Tch. Oh Sehun may not be a likable person but I don't want him to end up in the hospital with an infected wound. Furthermore, I know how important hands are to a chef. If he is not going to take care of his injury properly now, he is going to prolonge the recovery process. I lift his hand and I put on a plastic glove for him. To prevent the water from entering the glove, I use my scrunchie to tie around his wrist. 

"Yah, rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter