Mess 31

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a few days since that incident and nothing has been the same ever since then. Sehun and I broke all forms of contact. Even though Mrs Oh tried reaching me, I didn't answer any of her calls because I am still feeling very hurt from Sehun's action and I know my heart will waver if I hear anything about Sehun from his mother. You guys may call me a fool but it's impossible for me to erase my feelings for Sehun within such a short time frame. As much as I shouldn't be concerned about the guy who broke my heart, the  who fired me without investigating the truth and called off our engagement in front of everyone, I can't help to check on news related to him and so far, all I have seen are bad news. The respective authority has found laxative and spoiled milk in the pasta, which resulted in severe food poisoning among those who have consumed the carbonara. Because of that incident, Al Dente has to suspend its operation for the time being for further investigation and many of the victims are planning to sue Sehun for putting their health at risk. I can't deny that I am worried for Sehun and I wonder how he has been coping so far; I hope he doesn't neglect his health, even though I doubt he is eating well and sleeping well. I know how important Al Dente is to Sehun, his blood, sweat, and tears would mean nothing if he loses his restaurant.

"Hey Areum."

I snap out of my trance when I hear a knock on my door, "Yeah, Baek?"

"Breakfast is ready!"

"Okay, coming."

As I walk out of my room, I see Jongin already feasting on the food that Baekhyun has made, "Why are you here again?" I groan as I take the seat next to him. 

Jongin puts his orange juice down and picks up another slice of toast, "Well morning to you, babe," He greets in his usual sassy manner, "Baekhyun hyung makes great food, so why not?"

I roll my eyes at his lame reason, "That's not the reason why you came, Jongin. I said I am fine, you don't have to come visit me everyday." Even though I don't really have any appetite, I force myself to take a bite of the toast on my plate to assure Jongin that I am feeling alright. I know Jongin is worried about me because I haven't really been myself lately, ever since the broke up, and that's why he pops up at Baekhyun's place everyday to check on me for the past one week. I am grateful for Jongin's concern, but I don't want anyone to pay extra attention to me and I prefer to be alone in my room, which Jongin begs to differ. Because according to Jongin, "I know you well, babe, I am not going to let you lock yourself in the room, you are just gonna cry non-stop for that jerk." That's what he said and even when I "promised" him that I am not going to shed tears for Sehun, he still wouldn't leave me alone. 

"Don't listen to her," Baekhyun joins in suddenly when he appears with a plate of cut fruits, "She skipped lunch and dinner yesterday."

"Baek!" I whine and frown upon seeing Baekhyun betraying me just like that. From my peripheral view, I can tell that Jongin is glaring at me but I refuse to acknowledge it. Nibbling on the toast in my hands, I look away from the guys nervously as I know I am going to get another round of scolding from Jongin. 

"Hyung, why didn't you take good care of her?"

I am surprised that Jongin directs his scolding to Baekhyun this time instead of me, likewise, Baekhyun has the same surprised look on my face. 

"I did, but she wouldn't eat, what am I supposed to do?" Baekhyun retorts with his arms thrown in the air in despair and it seems like the boys are going to get into a fight because of me. 

"You-"

"Guys, don't fight please?"

"If you don't want us to fight, eat your food and stop skipping meals."

"Okay, okay," I surrender, chewing the toast faster than usual, "I will eat alright? Don't fight please..." With so many problems on my plate currently, my closest friends arguing because of me is the last thing I need right now. When the boys strike their palm with each other and smirk in victory, I eye them with a deep frown forming on my face. They must have done that on purpose to provoke me. Even so, there is no way I will hate the two of them. If it wasn't for Baekhyun and Jongin for the past few days, I don't know what I would have become of today.

When Baekhyun brought me away from the restaurant and Sehun, he made me stay with him as he offered me the vacant room at his place since I needed a place to stay and going back to my parents' place is not an option because then I would only get bombarded with questions from them endlessly. Initially, I was hesitant because I didn't want to mislead anyone else anymore, knowing that my heart is already occupied by Sehun, but Baekhyun was persistent, so I gave in eventually. And when Baekhyun said that he will treat me right because Sehun didn't know how to, he truly meant his words. For the past few days, Baekhyun has been there for me and he has been taking care of me. When I cried, he lent me his shoulders and wiped my tears away. He tried to get all the unhappy things off my mind by making me laugh and telling me funny stories. He also made all my favourite food for me just to cheer me up; even though I barely had any appetite, I didn't want to make his efforts go down the drain so I tried to eat as much as I can. Baekhyun has been so caring and loving towards me, even Jongin noticed it and he wouldn't stop persuading me to forget about Sehun and accept Baekhyun instead, "The Serum ship has officially sank, honey. I am shipping you and with Baek hyung. He is so sweet, I think he is the best man you can ever ask for." Jongin said that; Mina said the same thing in her text too, yet, I can't stop my heart beating for another man.

"Eat more, Areum," Baekhyun scoops two spoonfuls of sauteed mushroom and places the mushroom on my plate, "Look at how skinny you have become."

Jongin's lips curve upwards as he wriggles his brows at me. Seriously, this guy wouldn't stop teasing me whenever a guy, beside him, treats me well.

"D-Don't you have things to do?" I ask Jongin, hoping to divert his focus from Baekhyun and me.

"Besides watching over you, nope," He chuckles, "Al Dente is now closed for business. We are basically jobless," He points at Baekhyun and himself, "What are you expecting me to be busy with? Maybe we should start hunting for jobs together."

Even knowing that was just a joke, the uneasiness in my heart doesn't go away, "Is that really the end for Al Dente?" I am hoping to hear some positive news from Jongin but at this point, I am just deceiving myself. As much as I try to look on the brighter side, clearly and certainly, the current situation isn't looking good for Al Dente and it's definitely not in Sehun's favour.

"Pretty much, unless miracles happen."

"Jongin, it's not funny."

He shrugs and continues eating like the life and death of Al Dente has nothing to do with him, "I am not lyin- Oh," He shows me his phone, which has an unknown number flashing on the screen, "Maybe miracle is happening. Hello?" He answers the call, "Sure, I will head down in a bit."

"Who is that?" 

"The security agency. I told them to contact me once they found the footages from the day when the incident took place. Only then, we might be able to catch the culprit. And it seems like they have found the clip. Do you want to go with me?"

My eyes shoot wide open; it has been so long since I heard something good happening this week. I nod my head excitedly. Hell yes I am going to catch the  who framed Jungwoo and me!

 

When Jongin and I arrive at the security company, I never thought that I would be seeing Sehun there as well. We make a brief eye contact but that's enough to cause a turmoil inside of me. Despite looking like he hasn't slept for ages with those sullen eyes and stubble on his jaw, Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter