Chapter 6

The New General

"Well," said Byungchan. "I sent him home, but I don't think you'd believe me," he said, turning to Subin. "He's waiting for us just outside of Austria," he said. "What?" Asked Subin as he blinked in confusion. "Did you really think that they'd let me leave the territory for long periods of time?" Asked Sejun. "We had this planned from the beginning," he said.

"Seungwoo wanted to test what Yohan was going to do if one of his own was attacked," said Byungchan. "Yohan was not aware of it at all, but everyone else was," he added. "His response was perfect," he said. "So Seungsik is joining us after all?" Asked Subin. Byungchan nodded. "Yep," he said. "Sweet!" Said Subin, a rare grin appearing, causing both Byungchan and Sejun to blink before shaking their heads in amusement.

"Why are you and Seungsik so close?" Asked Byungchan. "You tend to hang out with him more than everyone else," he said. "I ask the same with you and my uncle," said Subin. "You two used to go everywhere together before you got the general position," he said.

"Well," said Sejun. "Seungwoo and Byungchan aren't mates," he said. "Neither are Seungsik and I," said Subin. "But that doesn't really mean anything does it?" He asked. "Not really," said Byungchan. "Let's go then," he said, turning towards the tracks when he heard the sound of a train horn.

 

~



"You continue to come to me even after I explained my past to you?" Asked Seungwoo as he stared down Byungchan with his usual cold stare. "We all know it's a front, hyung," said Byungchan as he shivered under the stare involuntarily, his hand going up to his left shoulder where the large scar going down his back started.

"Does it hurt again?" Asked Seungwoo, the cold stare melting away to show a rare concerned expression on his face. "No, I'm fine," said Byungchan as he let his arm drop to his side, huffing out a sigh as he looked anywhere but at Seungwoo.

"The others won't understand you know," said Seungwoo as he looked off to his right when he heard their names being called, his usual cold stare coming back. "Of course not," mumbled Byungchan as he got to his feet, turning to see Sejun running over. "I don't think anyone would understand how we both grew up in packs that were only thirsty for power, unless you count Chan of course," he said, putting his hands in his pockets as Sejun finally caught up to them, explaining that Chanyeol was calling a meeting and they needed to be there immediately.

 

~



"You're thinking so hard that steam is coming out of your ears again," said Subin as he sat in front of Byungchan with a cup of coffee for them both. Byungchan hummed, turning his attention to the coffee before taking it and taking a sip, returning to looking out the window.

"Where's Sejun?" Asked Subin. "He's somewhere," hummed Byungchan. "Probably went to bother the dining car again," he said. "Probably," Subin said, huffing out a chuckle as he shook his head.

Sejun entered the room they were in, huffing as he closed the door. "What's wrong?" Asked Byungchan. "There's like no good coffee," whined Sejun, earning a laugh from Byungchan and a snicker from Subin.

 

~



"You and I aren't much different you know," said Byungchan as he looked at Seungwoo. "If only your nephew would understand this sort of bond we share due to this stupid fact that no, we aren't mates, but half brothers really," he said.

"Can you believe that though? We're complete opposites," said Seungwoo. "My need to keep you unharmed runs deeper than that," he said. "You don't want me to end up like you," said Byungchan. Seungwoo nodded, looking down at the ground.

"I've already been there and done that," said Byungchan as he shook his head. "I didn't let it break me, which in hindsight sets me apart from you," he said. "Our father is stupid," said Seungwoo. "Was, but yeah, I agree," hummed Byungchan as he looked down at the ground and kicked a rock off to the side.

"Subin will never understand you know," said Seungwoo. "Believe me, I know," said Byungchan. "We'll have to see what happens with him and Seungsik," he said. Seungwoo nodded. "Yeah," he said.

 

~



"Seungsik," said Byungchan as he stepped off the train and onto the platform to face Seungsik who was standing with Yunho who had his arms crossed over his chest. "Byungchan," said Seungsik as he kept a steady gaze with Byungchan.

"Good on you," said Byungchan as he grinned, relaxing as he moved so that Subin and Sejun could step off the train. "I put up a convincing front don't I?" Asked Seungsik as he chuckled slightly. "Almost had me convinced you screwed up," said Yunho as he shook his head.

"We'll get going then," said Sejun. "I can't stay for much longer unfortunately," he said. "I'll take you to Berlin before leaving to meet up with Wontak," said Yunho. "Alright," said Sejun. He soon left with Yunho and Byungchan turned to Subin and Seungsik.

"We go on foot from here?" Asked Seungsik. Byungchan and Subin nodded. "Mind carrying our clothes?" Asked Byungchan. "Not at all," said Seungsik. "I guess this is why you decided to travel light after leaving Berlin," he said. "But can you keep up with me?" He asked as he smirked. "Bring it," said Byungchan as he smirked. They headed off to change somewhere and Seungsik gathered their clothes into a backpack, putting it on and grabbing his phone to check the map to see which direction Budapest was from where they were.

Subin and Byungchan soon walked over after they were both in their wolf forms, waiting for Seungsik to lead the way. "Alright," said Seungsik. "We go this way," he said, pointing in said direction. "We'll run into a few towns it looks like but we can circle around them," he said. Byungchan and Subin nodded and Seungsik took off, in the direction of Budapest. Byungchan and Subin rushed after him.

 

~



"We both come from the same place," said Byungchan as he sat beside Seungsik. "The same leader, the same general," he said. "But are you sure you want to move?" He asked. "I feel like it'd be easier on me," said Seungsik. "I sense hostility coming off of everyone, even though Jinyoung assures me that's not the case," he said.

"You know," said Byungchan. "I think I'll go with you," he said. "If Jinyoung allows it of course," he said. "You have history with Seungwoo," said Seungsik. "I do," said Byungchan.

"Who am I to get between you two," said Seungsik. "Family bonds are always stronger than mating bonds," he said. "Keep him going will you?" He asked. "I sense he will need your presence," he said. Byungchan nodded.