Chapter five

An arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIMPLE company – 10 AM

As if Jeongyeon got bewitched by that girl, he was unable to concentrate at all. He was writing something on a paper but images of the girl kept coming to his mind, he untied his necktie and sighed.

‘I slept with many girls, I had countless one night stands but why I can’t get her out of my mind?’ he thought and left his pen.

“Who are you?” he said under his breath.

 

Simultaneously Chaeyoung arrived at the mansion. His face was red and he was sweating nonstop. He was walking with heavy steps, going upstairs suddenly seemed to be so hard to him but he managed to arrive at his room.

“Sir, are you okay?” Haru asked and he nodded “Ma’am is not here she went out with her friends”

“I know” he replied “I just need to rest”

“Okay sir”

Chaeyoung threw himself on the bed without even taking off his shoes. His body was shaking but he was too weak to cover himself and he ended up sleeping of tiredness.

 

Sana, on the other hand, was enjoying her time with her friends. She hated that she had to go back to the mansion, she was checking her Instagram feeds when she saw a post that made her smile.

“Ya! You are in Seoul?” she commented on the picture of her Japanese friend. They switched numbers in the direct messages and Sana called her immediately.

“Momo~” Sana laughed “I miss you, why you didn’t tell me that you are coming to Seoul?”

“Hahaha~ I miss you too. I came to settle down here so I am still organizing my stuff. Let’s meet soon”

“Sure~ Tell me if you need help in anything”

“Okay~ bye”

“Bye” Sana smiled “Crazy girl,” she said and in n time she arrived at the mansion.

“Welcome back, Ma’am, Chaeyoung is here”

“Hm? Why? It’s still so early” Sana was confused.

“He seemed ill but he didn’t allow me to do anything to him”

“Fine, I will take care of it, thank you” Sana smiled at Haru as she reached her room. She entered just to see Chaeyoung on the bed, shaking “he is shaking!”

Sana threw her bag away and tied her hair up “Chaeyoung” she repeated, trying to wake him up and he did.

“You are shaking, let me cover you, and take off your suit”

Chaeyoung sat down and took off his jacket and shoes. Sana touched his forehead and he froze “I am fine” he said faintly.

“You are burning Chaeyoung”

“Ahh~” he groaned in pain. Chaeyoung’s body was hurting so bad including his bones. He had no energy to take off his outfit.

He was shaking under the blanket “Haru, bring me a bowl of cold water and a washcloth and if you have a thermometer bring that too”

Chaeyoung was still groaning in pain when Sana was sitting beside him. Putting the wet washcloth on his forehead “I hope this will work”

She never saw Chaeyoung this weak and tired, he couldn’t even open his eyes and that made Sana concerned. She took the forehead thermometer and gasped “39.2⸰!”

“I am sleepy,” said Chaeyoung as he turned to face the other side.

“Okay, I will let you sleep” Sana closed the curtains and turned off the lights “you are here early too?” she said to Jeongyeon who was about to enter their room.

“How is he?” he asked worriedly. Jeongyeon looked over-worried and Sana noticed it.

“He is sleeping but he has a high fever. He was shaking and in pain”

Jeongyeon rubbed his face up and down, he went to his bedroom followed by Sana.

“Today is February 15th, the twenty-six anniversary of our mother’s death. He yearly gets sick on this day because of sadness. She died when I was six while he was three. We were so young. She had leukemia” Jeongyeon got teary-eyed remembering his mother “Chaeyoung was a smart kid, he was so young but he remembers everything. How the maid screamed when she found our mother in her room laying on the floor. She was pale and there was blood on . She suffered a lot, my father told me that she is in a better place” he yelped and smiled at Sana “I raised Chaeyoung even though I was a kid myself but I was responsible of him and I am happy and so proud of him and nothing can change that because I trust what he is and what he says. Many people don’t understand him and find him boring but Chaeyoung is a very fun person. I can’t imagine my life without him”

“Your bond with him is very heart-warming” Sana smiled warmly at him.

He nodded “I try to give him the love he couldn’t take from my mother. My father got married a year after my mother’s death. So I tried to protect Chaeyoung as much as I can” he took a deep breath “Sana can I stay alone? I too don’t concentrate on this day”

“Sure” Sana patted his shoulder and left. Jeongyeon stared at a picture of him and Chaeyoung they took before she died he cried silently staring at it, wishing she was still here with them.

She went to her room and looked at Chaeyoung, there is a visible wet patch on the bed indicating that he was crying.

“Mum” Chaeyoung repeated with a frown “don’t go”

Sana couldn’t help but get teary-eyed. The cold boring Chaeyoung suddenly became a poor weak one. She laid in bed with him, facing him.

“Shush” she patted his shoulder then played with his hair. He was calmer. Sana watched how a tear escaped his eye. She wiped it softly with her thumb and sat closer, his head was near her body. As he was seeking shelter “it’s okay” she repeated while caressing his hair…

One hour passed

Chayeoung was the first to wake up. He gasped when he found himself in bed and Sana was in a deep sleep next to him and to make it much worse he was holding her hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter