Chapter seven

An arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon was frightened. The sight of his brother on the floor full of blood made his body shakes. Sana was crying as she pressed the wound in on his head.

“He was pale when we entered the room and he went to the bathroom directly. I got worried because he stayed there for a long time then I heard a sound and found him like this” she sobbed.

“Sana call the ambulance and whoever asks say he slipped after taking a shower”

Sana was confused “but-“

“DO AS I SAID!” he yelled as he grabbed his phone. He called Chaeyoung’s doctor and the latter panicked and rushed to the hospital.

The maids gasped as they saw Chaeyoung on the wheeled stretcher. Sana rode the ambulance car while Jeongyeon drove his car. The two had blood all over their hands.

Sana couldn’t stop crying, Chaeyoung was unconscious. Many bad thoughts were crossing her mind, what if the hit was so strong and he is highly injured?

They arrived at the hospital and followed the paramedics to the emergency room.

“What are his vital signs?” Chaeyoung’s doctor asked as he wore his white robe.

“His pulse rate is high same as his blood pressure” the nurse replied.

“What happened?” he yelled a bit at Jeongyeon “didn’t I tell you to not make him bleed nor stressed?”

“Something happened at the mansion and he got really mad” Jeongyeon shivered “doctor please tell me that his condition is not dangerous”

“Let me take care of the wound first” the doctor replied. His eyes landed on the confused Sana. Her mind was trying to function and puzzle out this whole mess.

She waited outside the room along with Jeongyeon who was silent the whole time “I think I need to understand what is happening!”

Jeongyeon yelped and looked at her “like what? Chaeyoung fell and injured his head”

“SON JEONGYEON!” she yelled a bit “What’s wrong with Chaeyoung? Why he has a personal doctor and why he shouldn’t bleed? I need to know”

“She is right,” the doctor said while standing behind the two “I assume she is his wife?”

“Yes,” Sana replied.

Simultaneously, Myungsoo arrived at the hospital “Son Chaeyoung” he asked the receptionist.

“Room 407”

“Thank you” he smiled and walked to the elevator. He was whistling while walking to Chaeyoung’s room. He stopped when he sat Jeongyeon and Sana talking to the doctor. He hid behind the wall and started to eavesdrop.

Jeongyeon rubbed his face up and down, he looked at the doctor with teary eyes “how is he now? What’s his condition?”

“I won’t lie to you Jeongyeon. The illness is spreading fast and he needs the treatment as soon as possible”

“Treatment for what!?” Sana puzzled “can you tell me the truth doctor, Kim?”

The latter sighed “I guess Chaeyoung is stubborn who wants to suffer alone, I will be honest with you Sana” Jeongyeon shook his head signalizing the doctor to not talk but he failed “Chaeyoung has leukemia”

Sana gasped it feels like a thousand knives just pierced through her heart. She can feel the hot tears already welling up in her eyes. She got flashbacks of the nights she heard Chaeyoung groaning in his sleep or the day he got a fever. She regretted every single time she hurt him or was bad to him. She understood his continuous mention of death.

“He is only taking a few medicines but he needs to take proper treatment. It will take a long time but I know he can win over it. He only has to agree on taking it” he muted a bit “I hope you can convince him from now on ma’am because he doesn’t deserve this”

Sana nodded, she sat down as she felt her knees can’t carry her anymore “when he will wake up?”

“After a few minutes probably” dr. Kim replied “excuse me now”

“Thank you, doctor,” Jeongyeon said as he sat beside her.

“Who besides you know?” she asked.

“Only me, Sana please don’t tell anyone. It won’t do us good and Chaeyoung doesn’t like to feel pathetic or that the attention is on him. He will be more anxious than he already” Jeongyeon sighed “he will get mad at me because you know the truth now” he chuckled lowly “I will call my father; he was probably sleeping when that happened I need to comfort him”

Myungsoo, on the other hand, smirked as he heard the whole conversation “I am such a lucky man” he smirked.

“Ma’am, mister Chaeyoung is awake” the nurse smiled at Sana “you can go to his room”

Sana took a deep breath and stood by the door, he didn’t notice her as he was sitting on the bed. IV connected to him, his shirt has bloodstain. He held his head and groaned before he noticed Sana who was in reckless condition; red nose, swollen eyes and some bloodstains on her pants.

“Sana?”

She walked fast to him and pulled him closer to her as soon as she reached him, wrapping her arms around his neck “I am fine” he whispered gently as he reached out and hugged her tightly, his arms as shields of love, a hug so warm yet so different than a motherly embrace. When they finally parted, she stared at his tired eyes “I just slipped don’t worry”

Sana shook her head “You don’t have the right Chaeyoung”

“Hm?” he asked confusingly.

“I won’t let you die slowly like that”

“So you know now?” Chaeyoung frowned, he got up quickly.

“Chayeoung slowly”

“See why I don’t want anyone to know?” he raged “I don’t want to feel that I am pathetic and keep those warm stares to someone else! You only care about me now because you knew that I am ill!”

“Reminder that when I kissed you in the woods I didn’t know about your illness” she fired back coldly before she walked to him, she cupped his face “Chaeyoung, you should start your treatment so the pain can go away. Don’t you want to open a factory and grow up till you retire?”

Chaeyoung shook his head and removed Sana’s hands “my mom died with the same disease. I was so young but when I grew up I blamed her because she didn’t take care of me and left me early. I envied my friends because they had a mother. I was young and illogical. Guess God is punishing me”

“What?” Sana whispered “don’t think like that! You are not a bad person! You don’t derive this yes but you can get over it, hm?”

“Sorry for interrupting you two” Jeongyeon chuckled awkwardly “how are you Chaeyoung”

“We need to talk later Son Jeongyeon” Chaeyoung warned.

“The doctor told me not him” Sana pointed out.

“Thank you my sister-in-law” Jeongyeon grinned.

“I just want you two to know that I won’t take the treatment! I will accept my fate as it is”

“NO, YOU WON’T!” Sana commanded, “you don’t live alone in thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter