Chapter thirteen

An arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saeron was looking at her son fiercely she has to be the only person who isn’t afraid of him “mom, please wait for me in your bedroom” he ordered. She nodded before she left and Siwon grabbed his friend’s arm.

“Myungsoo, she is your mother-“

“I won’t hurt her” Myungsoo cut him off “I love her so much, and I don’t hurt people that I love”

“You never hurt women but you killed Sunkyu” Siwon yelped “I was shocked”

“I am ready to kill whoever stop me from being by Sana’s side”

Siwon frowned “I don’t understand your love for her”

Myungsoo smiled “I love everything about her Siwon, her face, body, and personality. I lost count on the times I stared at her pictures or how many times I stole glances at her from my room. She is perfect, and that attracts me” Siwon looked down but Myungsoo cupped his face “I am so happy to have you as a friend”

“Friend” Siwon chuckled and watched Myungsoo leave the kitchen.

 

“So are you going to kill me?” Saeron asked she was sitting on the couch in her bedroom while Myungsoo stood tall in front of her.

“I’ll never hurt you mom, but you know something you shouldn’t know”

“So?”

“You will need to stay away from here and everyone; I will book a flight for you”

“To where?” Saeron was confused.

“Somewhere far from everyone here where the secret will stay with you only” he smirked…

~~

Four years passed

Chaeyoung’s point of view

My father is surely happy where he is.

SIMPLE company is gaining more fame worldwide. No one thought that Jeongyeon will succeed like this. His strategy and diplomacy made him the number one businessman in South Korea. His name is well-known and not to forget how wealthy he became.

Meanwhile, as I said four years ago, I dedicated myself to the factory. My brand isn’t strong enough to compete with SIMPLE but I am not complaining at all. Ansan’s people are now educated and less poor than before. They proofed to me how hard-working they are if they had the opportunity. The women now are professional sewers, it took them a lot of time to learn but I am so proud of what they achieved. I was sitting behind my desk smiling at their busy day behind the sewing machine.

“Look who is here” I smiled as I walked to Nayeon, the latter is a successful engineer now. She now wears high hells with expensive branded clothes. She changed the most between us.

“I was nearby so I thought of visiting you”

I cringed as we sat on the couch to drink some tea “so how is everything?” she asked, “what was the hospital’s test result?”

“I am still one hundred percent cancer-free,” I said proudly as I fixed my jacket.

“I am so proud of you” she squealed and I can see the love in her eyes. Our friendship grew more throughout the years.

“And how about you? How was last night’s blind date?”

“Awful” she rolled her eyes.

“Seriously, why can’t you find a man? You ain’t that ugly” I chuckled and she tickled me jokingly when she noticed the bracelet in my hand, it’s Sana’s bracelet that I bought from Thailand.

“Still wearing it?” she asked and I nodded.

“When I came back to the mansion, our bedroom was empty. Haru took care of Sana’s outfit, she said she donated them for poor families and I only found this in the drawer” I took it off and stared at it “do you think she is fine?”

“I think about her every single day” Nayeon breathed “but I am sure she is proud of you. You are healthy and you achieved your dream”

I smiled sadly “she was supposed to be by my side through it all”

Nayeon caressed my back as we stared into the blank… Every time we see each other we talk about Sana as if it’s our homework.

~~

Night came after a long day, I cracked my neck as I walked into the big empty mansion.

“Lucyy” I said out loud while going upstairs, and that was enough for my beautiful golden retriever to run to me. Lucy was the sort of dog you want to hug until the world feels right again. She loved the sea-air, the feeling of shifting sands below his paws. I guess, as, with all things that are alive, she was a sort of poetry I took into my soul. I bought it two years ago when my therapist recommended it to me, it helped me feel less lonely and happier.

After playing with her for a few minutes I laid on my bed with her next to me, she rested her chin on my chest and stared at me with her beautiful big brown eyes.

“I should bring a husband for you,” I said while caressing her head “so you can feel less lonely and mate so you can have a beautiful family” I cringed “I used to have a wife too,” I said, if Lucy can understand what I am saying she could’ve slapped me because I tell her this almost every day “her name was Sana, she would’ve loved you so much. She was lovely, funny and beautiful. Before we knew I am infertile we wanted to name our son Hajoon and our daughter Byul” I got teary-eyed remembering Sana’s details “why does God take the best people from us?”

Lucy purred and snuggled into me as I cried silently while hugging her before I heard some noise downstairs I knew then that the joy of this mansion is here.

“Uncle Chaeyoung” three little kids came running. I wiped my tears with my hand and smiled at them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter