Chapter three

An arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday, January 12th

Chaeyoung was standing in front of the mirror in his room. Black suit and vest wrapping his small buffed body. He fixed his necktie and brushed his hair. He can’t deny it; he was so nervous. 

“My beautiful brother!” Jeongyeon commented as he stepped in. He cupped his brother’s face and smiled “you are sweating” he said worriedly “you took your medicine? Nervousness is not good for you”

“I am fine” Chaeyoung rolled his eyes “yeah I am nervous but looking forward to my life from now on” he shrugged and all Jeongyeon did was hug his brother tight.

Meanwhile…

Sana was preparing herself in the bride's room in the church. Her mother was fixing her black hair. Seon didn’t agree on Sana keeping her blonde hair as it doesn’t suit the family’s image…

Sana was wearing a Reagan wedding dress. Her hair was tied up in a bun and the mantilla was long enough to reach the floor. She was holding the white bouquet with her both hands.

“You look so beautiful,” Aimi said emotionally not being able to see the inside of her daughter and how unhappy she is. Sana was staring blankly at her reflection. She is going to marry someone she doesn’t know… Chills roamed her body as she imaged the nightmares she will see in the next period.

Akira helped his daughter stand up, he cupped her face and kissed her forehead “I love you so much Sana… I wish you a happy life from all of my heart”

Sana frowned and looked away, she can’t feel her father’s words because she can’t stop herself from thinking of him as a criminal while she is the victim.

Aimi cleared “Chaeyoung wants to see the bride for the first time”

Sana swore her heart dropped to the floor. She hates this, she hates this moment.

The door swung open and Chaeyoung came in slowly. His eyes were glued on Sana, in the past, he used to look away but not anymore. A few minutes later this girl will be his wife; his property.

“We will leave you alone,” Akira said as he winked at his wife. Chaeyoung was standing two meters away. As if he was witched he couldn’t step forward.

He was not sure if he'd say she was classically beautiful, but her large liquid brown eyes held such intelligence and serenity that it was impossible for him not to be held prisoner by them. Her cheekbones weren't especially high and her sharp pointy nose was too perfect to be true, but there was undeniable symmetry to her features and perhaps that's what held him so captivated. Her hair was tied in a bun but in his mind it was long and fluid, lying gently over her shoulder bones, kissing her soft skin.

Even though Sana was unhappy. She couldn’t deny the fact that Chaeyoung changed and looked very handsome and gentle; he got tall a bit and the tight black suit made his body looked puffed and sculptured. He finally stepped forward, not breaking the eye contact.

“Long time no see, Sana”

Chaeyoung waited so long to say her name and it rang in her ears. His voice was so gentle and low.

“Don’t you ever think that I am fine with what is happening!” she said trying her best to not make a scene and rage “I agreed to save my father and I have zero interest in you, this marriage or this~” she looked around at the fancy room “I broke up with the love of my life because of you and I won’t ever forgive you!”

Chaeyoung was left speechless, he looked down and nodded as he watched her leave the room angrily. He put his hand in the pant’s pocket and pulled out a beige velvet jewelry box; he opened and looked at the personalized gold star necklace he specially designed for Sana “she will have you at the right time” he smiled sadly.

~~

With the loud Ave Maria music blasting in the church, Sana walked on the aisle, linking arms with her father, with every step taking her to Chaeyoung hear heart would throb more and she would grasp her father’s arm more.

Chaeyoung greeted Akira “Take care of her” the later said and Chaeyoung gave him a sad smile. All the attendances were politicians and businessmen and their wives. They were gossiping and whispering about the couple. Jeongyeon was staring at them sadly. He knows the behind story of their marriage while people think that they love each other and have an unbreakable relationship as Seon described it to the press.

“Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?” said the priest.

“We do,” the couple said blankly.

“Chaeyoung, please repeat after me: I Chaeyoung, promise to love and support you Sana and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed.”

Chaeyoung repeated what he said and he placed the ring into Sana’s left ring finger.

“Sana, please repeat after me: I Sana, promise to love and support you Chaeyoung and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring, I thee wed.”

Sana repeated what he said it took her a few seconds to hold Chaeyoung’s hand and place the ring on his finger.

“Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have the gifts of your lives united. And may your days be long on this earth. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

The two; faced each other, Chaeyoung was staring into Sana’s angry eyes with his sad soft ones. He kissed her knuckles and her hand. They faced their guests as they clapped and cheered.

~~

Sana’s point of view

The ring is suffocating me.

Faking my smiles to everyone was so hard today, I am tired, worried and depressed. My mother couldn’t stop crying as I bid her goodbye. All I can think about is how my life will be from now on.

I was I in the back seat with Chaeyoung on my right. I hope the driver won’t notice the awkwardness between us.

I have no idea where are we going or where is the mansion. He has been driving for ten minutes now.

“Son residence”

I read on a right arrow sign as he drove in. My lips parted when I saw a huge two-floored mansion. The lights, the neat gardens, and entrance made me be in a shock. I will live here?

The driver opened the door for me and I stepped out to see two lines of people facing each other.

They bowed to me “welcome to the mansion ma’am, my name is Hyungsik, the responsible of the maids, guards, and security of the mansion” he smiled at me and I bowed my head “Haru is your personal maid feel free to ask her whatever you want” I looked at Haru who smiled at me, she was young and beautiful. Her hair was black and tied up in a bun; same as the three maids next to her.

“Please take care of me,” she said as she bowed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter