Chapter ten

An arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ansan

To say that the hometown people were mad was an understatement. They saw the police closing the factory with red wax after telling them that it doesn’t have a license.

“He deceived us~” a young guy yelled at his people “we should not trust anyone anymore!”  he fumed as he broke into the factory’s construction. He along with a few men destroyed everything including the tables, chairs, and equipment.

The news was everywhere on TV and social media. It affected the company’s stock and the family reputation. In the mid of that Myungsoo was watching the news with a smirk, he took a sip of his wine and sighed “why is he an easy target like that? So weak” he bragged.

Jeongyeon, on the other hand, was only caring about his brother’s health “my brother is ill” he told the officer “he can’t stay in cold places like detention center” he pointed out.

“Shall we give him his milk bottle too?” one of the police officers joked “and I have flu too but I am stuck in his place too like them because it’s my job” he said between my gritted teeth “if you are really worried about your brother educate him and teach him to not illegally do a business!”

Jeongyeon clenched his fist but he was calmed by lawyer Lee who talked to the officers.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was indeed shaking in the detention cell. His coat wasn’t enough to make him warm and it made his cellmates laugh and make fun of him except for one old guy who has been staring at Chaeyoung for a solid five minutes. The latter was blowing air in his hands hoping it can warm him up. He was nervous, scared and in pain. Chaeyoung yelped in fear as the old guy approached him, he was frightening. But his next action made Chaeyoung gasp as he took his coat and put it on Chaeyoung’s shoulder “stay warm young guy” he patted his shoulder.

“Thank you, sir”

“Min Sunmin” he smiled before he went to his seat. Everyone in the cell stopped making fun of Chaeyoung as Sunmin, the well-known mafia guy was kind to him and they couldn’t disobey this man.

~~

Jeongyeon didn’t allow Sana to go with him, she was crying silently in her room. Praying that Chaeyoung will be fine and he won’t discover who reported for the police. A few hours passed and Jeongyeon was making his inside phone calls doing anything to get Chaeyoung out of jail and he succeeds.

“Rich people always find their ways out,” the officer said in disgust as he signed the paper “call Son Chaeyoung, he is out”

Jeongyeon smirked at him and waited for his brother.

“The final price was five million dollars” Lee sighed “it was a miracle that they agreed”

Jeongyeon hummed before he walked to his brother, he hugged him tightly “you are okay?”

Chaeyoung nodded blankly “take me to Ansan” he frowned “what happened to Nayeon?”

“I don’t think it’s the right thing to do, I mean going to Ansan, people there are angry” Jeongyeon replied “They didn’t arrest Nayeon they just investigated with her, she is already at home. Don’t worry” Lee replied.

“Why do you want to go to Ansan?” Jeongyeon asked “you look so tired and pale” he whispered.

“I ow them an apology,” he said sadly “they trusted me and I wasn’t qualified”

Jeongyeon patted his brother’s head and nodded. They rode the car and Chaeyoung was exhausted but he insisted on meeting the hometown’s people.

He arrived at the factory and saw the destroyed equipment and furniture. He watched his dream breaking down and it depressed him.

“Chaeyoung” Jeongyeon whispered when he saw the hometown’s people approaching them angrily.

The first thing Chaeyoung did was bow to them deeply making them stop. He bowed for a solid one minute before he looked at them “I apologize” he yelped “I understand your anger and adapting it. I made a mistake I admit. I should’ve waited for the license but I was impatient and excited and I am sorry” he muted for a bit “the construction will resume as soon as I receive the license and I swear. It will be the first and the last mistake I make toward all of you”

The people were speechless, Chaeyoung absorbed their anger and they can’t deny it. They agreed on giving him a second chance because he is their last hope.

Jeongyeon was driving them back to the mansion “I couldn’t know or find who reported for the police” he hit the steering wheel with his hand “I will murder him when I catch him”

~~

Son’s Mansion

Chaeyoung threw himself between Sana’s arms as soon as he arrived at their room, he was tired and down and S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter