Chapter one

An arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 1st, 2017.

And finally, the sun rose, filling the sky with shades of orange and pink. Peach and magenta, amber and rose, radiating hope, a new beginning. Another chance to live. The start of a brand new day and a new year.

In the pink painted room stretched the blond-haired girl on her bed. She gasped when she looked at her phone. It’s almost 1 afternoon. Unlike her friends who partied together, Sana wasn’t allowed to spend the new year’s eve outside the house. Even though she will be twenty-five this year but her strict parents don’t allow her to be the party animal she wishes she can be.

And that was the complex of Minatozaki Sana’s life, strict parents.

She cracked her neck as she walked to the bathroom “look at those black circles” she said staring at herself in the mirror. She didn’t have the chance to meet and celebrate with her friends but she spent the whole night chatting with her boyfriend on the phone and that was enough for her.

“Good morning” she kissed her mother who was preparing lunch in the kitchen.

“Good morning my daughter” she smiled. Aimi was 47 years old but everyone mistook her as Sana’s sister. She was short, skinny and the smile doesn’t leave her face making her skin and face glow “did you clean up your room?” she asked as she washed the potatoes.

“Yes mom” Sana rolled her eyes as she peeled the banana “when can we eat?” she whined.

Aimi threw the cloth at her daughter “You sleep till noon and nag about the lunch?” she yelled a bit.

Sana looked blankly at her mother and sighed “I will watch TV mom if you need anything call me” she was about to leave the kitchen before she showered her mother with kisses. Aimi laughed and wiped her cheek she can’t deny that Sana fills the house with joy, she can’t imagine her life without her daughter and that concerns her because she knows sooner or later Sana will get married and choose another life.

Unlike Sana’s cheerful, calm and warm morning. The atmosphere in Son’s mansion wasn’t that noisy.

The man who will almost hit his thirties this year woke up earlier than everyone. He did a few push-ups before he took a shower and wore the black suit he put his Rolex on and sprayed some perfume. As his usual morning routine Chaeyoung smiled at himself. He ruffled and pushed back his brown long hair.

“Good morning sir,” the maid said as he went downstairs “breakfast is ready”

“Thank you” he smiled at her before he walked to his father “good morning father” he bowed and sat beside his older brother “morning” he whispered to him and smiled at his mother-in-law who faked a smile at him.

Son Seon, the owner of SIMPLE fashion company cleared his throat gaining their attention. He looked at Jeongyeon, his older son “do you want to tell me anything Jeongyeon?”

The latter’s mouth was full of food “like what?”

“SPEAK WELL!” Seon hollered “is this the behavior of the next CEO?” he said throwing some pictures at him “you partied last night? And what is this” he added pointing at the younger’s neck. Chaeyoung looked at the taken photos of his brother who was partying hard last night.

“Father, I am an adult. Last night was the new year’s eve and I was at a private party with many important and well-influenced people! I met the son of the prime minister! And at the same time, I am having fun and enjoying my age of youth”

Seon hummed and frowned “reduce your partying I don’t want you to make mistakes that will affect our reputation badly”

Jeongyeon rolled his eyes and continued eating “Chaeyoung you slept well?” Seon said softly.

“Yes, father” Chaeyoung smiled and looked at Jeongyeon who mimicked him.

Seon wiped his mouth and stood up “don’t be late you two”

“Yes sir,” the two said in unison.

“Let me accompany you, honey,” said their stepmother, not forget the mention the glare she gave the two boys as she got up. They deeply know that she doesn’t like them and it’s their last concern as all she wants is their father’s love and money.

Chaeyoung burst to laugh as soon as they left “Who left a hickey on you?”  

“A girl I ed last night I don’t even remember her name or face, by the way, I didn’t meet the minister’s son. It was a lie” he whispered the last part.

“As expected my older brother”

Jeongyeon winked at him and chuckled “what you did yesterday after I left?”

“I slept around twelve.”

“Dude why you didn’t go out with me, when will you keep ing?”

“Oh god” Chaeyoung face palmed himself “I rarely do it too”

“Chaeyoung are you gay? You can tell me I am your-“

“Shut up Jeongyeon”

“Okay fine, but whenever you want to talk about it I am here” Jeongyeon teased earning a hit from Chaeyoung.

The latter continued eating calmly the same as Jeongyeon “shall we go?” the older asked.

“Let’s go”

The two grown-up men were sitting in the backseat of their brand new car. Jeongyeon was busy working on his IPad while Chaeyoung was staring blankly outside the window, he smiled when he saw a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter