Chapter fourteen

An arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung’s point of view

This weekend was the perfect time for me to visit Daehan, it’s been a long time since I visited her and we were walking in the forest. We arrived at the place me and Sana had our forest kiss. I sighed deeply as memories hit me hard.

“You are thinking of her?” she asked and I nodded.

“I miss her so much” I bit the inside of my cheeks to not burst into tears “it’s weird that I can’t get over her right?”

“Well you two truly loved each other and it’s not weird at all to me” she stated “it’s normal”

A phone call cut off our conversation and Jeongyeon broke the news to me that Saeron has passed away. I drove to the nursing home and Myungsoo was sitting alone in the garden. I’ve never seen him cry like this. Even though I am not close to him but at a time like this people need a hug and a shoulder to cry on, I sat beside him and patted his thigh but he looked away and ignored me. We stayed there for a few minutes before we did the paperwork and prepared for the funeral.

~~

Myungsoo’s mansion

Hajoon was lying in bed with Sana, she showered him with kisses as his scent was strawberry-like. His new shampoo is my favorite now.

“Mom, where is my dad?” Sana sighed and caressed his hair “I know that Myungsoo is not my father, I call him dad because he tells me to do it” he pouted “how does my father look like?”

Sana hummed “he wasn’t tall but he was fit and very calm. He has the most beautiful heart and very charming. Everyone loved him”

“I want to see him so bad, what should I do to make him come?”

Sana thought for a bit “if you want something to happen so bad, do good” she smiled “if you do good, your father will come back”

Hajoon nodded and clung into his mother’s chest “I am thankful that I have you as a mother, I love you so much”

“I love you too sweetie” she kissed his forehead as he slowly drifted to a deep sleep while she as always spent the night staring at her son before she slept.

~~

Seoul nursing house

A nurse looked around as stood in the nurses’ restroom she pulled out a paper from her pocket and dialed the number written on it.

Chaeyoung was leaving the factory when he picked up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Mister Chaeyoung?”

“Speaking”

“I am a nurse from Seoul nursing house, I used to take care of Saeron” she muted a bit “she left a letter to you and she told me to not tell anyone especially her son so can you come and take it? She wrote it a week before she passed away”

Chaeyoung was confused, why would Saeron leave him a letter?

“Coming” he said hanging up.

~~

I sat in the car as soon as I received the letter I took a deep breath before I opened it.

‘dear Chaeyoung.

Since you are reading this letter it means I am gone.

I couldn’t die with this secret with me.

You know that Myungsoo is a monster, I didn’t know that I raised a monster until a few years ago and now it’s time for him to stop and get exposed.

I am afraid that he will find this letter so please burn it after you read it.

I want you to go to the C-Sharp coffee shop, it was my favorite place in town. I left you something there.

Good luck’

I was puzzled, why did she do that? I drove straight to the coffee shop. She used to come here a lot with her friends. I asked the barista about the owner and he pointed at a guy wearing a suit in his mid-40s he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter