Hotaru

Untold Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Saku-chan! Saku-chan!", Chaeyeon excitedly called.


Sakura is playing games with her headphones on so she didn't hear Chaeyeon calling her. 


"Saku-chan!", Chaeyeon shouted while waving her hand. Sakura finally noticed her excited girlfriend. She removed her headphones then turned her attention to the one who's standing in front of her. Chaeyeon looked so happy as she hid her left hand on her back.


"I made something", she said.

"What is it?"


Chaeyeon showed their personalized aircondition remote. She put cherry blossom stickers, formed a wing, and even wrote 'KkuChaen'. Sakura slowly took it then smiled.


"What do you think?"

"It's cute."

"You like it?"


Sakura nodded.


"I bought one because, you know, the aircondition remote here in our dorm is constantly missing. Now we have our own and with our name on it so, I doubt it'll go missing."


Sakura pinched Chaeyeon's cheeks. 


"You're tired scolding Yuri about it."

"That too."


Sakura kept smiling as she noticed the stickers Chaeyeon put and their name attached to it. She smirked as she started using the remote.


"This is a literal couple item", Sakura commented.

"More of a conjugal property", Chaeyeon said.

"Speaking of conjugal, I saw something on Twitter. They are greeting us with 'Happy Anniversary!'."

"Really? Why?"


Sakura took her phone and showed Chaeyeon a video from Produce 48. The charades with headphones on that their Very Very Very Team played where Chaeyeon is the one who must give their answer. They watched it together and laughed with it. 


"They said it was uploaded on this day two years ago."

"So they made it our anniversary."

"Jjaeyeon-ah..."

"Hmmm..."

"Thank you!"

"Yah! Why are you thanking me all of a sudden?"

"I want to thank you everytime I have a chance to. I'll be forever grateful to you."

"There you are again..."

"I've always believed we're fated to meet each other. Not only the two of us but the 12 of us. No matter what they say, whatever they may think, despite what we had to go through, we're destined for this. Meeting you from that survival program is one of the best things that has ever happened in my life. So, thank you!"


Chaeyeon didn't respond. She wasn't able to hold back her tears. Sakura immediately came near her and patted her back.


"We were just talking about the remote, why are you being like this?"


Sakura chuckled.


"I'm sorry. When you mentioned conjugal, I remembered what I saw on Twitter."


Wiping her tears, Chaeyeon faced Sakura then she pouted.


"Saku-chan...Saku-chan..."

"Why?"

"Me too, I'll always be thankful to you. We started as Korean and Japanese trainees, became friends who rely on each other during a tough competiton then debuted together in a global girl group. That alone is something to be grafeful for. But we didn't stop there, we developed our friendship and ended up being a couple. We're even roommates now, living like mom and dad to our younger members. And now,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter