A Start Of A Tolerable Bonding

The Beauty of Senses ~ Inuyasha X Reader

"Really, it's quite alright." I say to them.

"You don't need to be so polite, we would like the thought of having some company for a while especially in a season so cold." Sango says with a light laugh.

"I'd feel that I'll give you all such inconvenience, you would have to look after me." I say giving them reasons.

"Nonsense, it will be like looking after a granddaughter. It will be no trouble at all." Miroku chirps in.

"It can be quite dangerous outside in the winter, since you told us you are travelling we are worried that you'll run into trouble." Sango says with concern in voice.

I think about what she says, they do have a point. If I run into trouble, it will be difficult since I don't have my sight. But I still have a bit time, should I stay? I begin to ponder. Conflicted.

"I'm sure she'll be fine on her own, she seems like a human that won't deal with nonsense herself, I mean look at the way she argues with me, she just doesn't stop." I hear Inuyasha say.

"Inuyasha, please, she's a guest." Sango says with a depleted sigh.

"Indeed Inuyasha, try to keep some of your emotions hidden." Miroku adds.

"You two told me to be more open with my emotions, so I do it, and now you're telling me not too. What do you want me to do?" Inuyasha asks annoyed.

"Yes Inuyasha, but some emotions shouldn't be expressed out loud." Sango adds quietly.

Hearing him say that, my mind completely changes. I think someone should put Inuyasha in his place, I don't care if it's behaviour or not. I straighten my back and give them a bow.

"I appreciate the hospitality, and I'll be happy to accept." I say to them.

"That's great, please when you're here just act casual with us. Excuse Inuyasha." Miroku says.

"Thank you." I reply back with a nod.

I hear Inuyasha letting out a depleted groan, and I grin slightly. I guess the reason was to annoy him, it's a payback for him being such a rude demon.

"I'll go prepare a hut for you." Sango says.

"Thank you, but I should pay you for your hospitality." I say to them.

"We do not require pay, it is our duty as head of the village to see that our guests are comfortable." Miroku tells me.

"I understand but you are suggesting I stay for months, it's too long to not require payment. Please it would make me feel better." I push.

There's a brief silence.

"Alright, if you don't mind then, I would like to request a portrait of us. Would that be enough?" He suddenly says.

A drawing, that's the payment? I look at them slightly confused. I hear Miroku let out a chuckle.

"It sounds a bit ridiculous doesn't it, but I think a nice family portrait would be nice. A good memory to keep in the long run. So please would you draw a portrait of us?" Miroku asks.

"Of course, it would be my pleasure." I respond with a nod and a smile.

I retrieve my art supplies, I wet the towel and clean my hands.

"In order to sketch out you all, I'll need to feel your face. So if you don't mind." I tell them explaining my art style.

"Such talent, you can draw us just by feeling our face." Sango says amused.

"Yes, besides, the sense of touch is my only way to draw now since my sight is no longer with me." I reply with a chuckle.

"Right, totally forgot, I'll go first!" I hear Shippo say.

I hear him coming over and sitting down in front of me with the slight whoosh of the air. I put out my hands and try to locate his face.

"Excuse me." I say to him with a smile.

"Not at all, you do your thing." I hear him reply with a cheery tone.

I touch something soft and squishy, I realized that I touched his lips. I glide my thumb against his lips, how smooth. Then from his lips I move my fingers and the palm of my hands to his face and other features, as expected from his voice, his facial structure is that of a teen. Defined but slightly round. He has a high and pointed nose, and still slightly chubby cheeks. I felt his closed eyes, they are big and round with long lashes. Thin eyebrows, pointed ears. I guess demons has pointed ears, my hands then travels to his forehead and hair. He has a big forehead but his fluffy bangs covers them, that back of his hair is tied in a ponytail with a bow. His hair is about neck length and fluffy. My hands then went to his shoulders, they aren't too wide and he's wearing a kimono with a fluffy vest. I'll be drawing from his head to his collarbone so that's all I need.

"All good." I say to Shippo.

'Alright!" He replies.

I hear him get up and someone else sits down.

"I guess I"m next." I hear the voice of Miroku.

"Of course, excuse me." I say to him with a bow.

"Don't be, go ahead." He replies.

I clean my hands again and repeat. If I remember, Miroku has big eyes, but he has crow's feet around them, he has a beard, wrinkles on his forehead. The skin on his face seems loose. He has white hair tied to the back below his neck. A high nose and thick eyebrows. After Miroku, Sango sits down. I clean my hands again and start over. She has soft lips but thinned out, they use to be plump and full but I guess her age caught on. She has wrinkles in her brows and forehead, crow's feet at the edge of her eyes. She has large eyes and lashes but with hooded lids. Thin eyebrows. Her skin feels slightly loose just like Miroku's. She has long hair tied up that feels brittle but hard, I assume that they are gray almost white by the touch, white or gray hair feels different than other hair they are more hard. It saddens me to know that they are old, they must have been handsome and beautiful in their prime youth.

"All done. I say to her with a smile.

"Inuyasha, you're turn." Sango says.

"No thanks, I don't need hands on my face." I hear him say.

"Well I don't want to touch your face either, besides I remember what you look like. White hair and big golden eyes right? Oh ya and dog ears that goes up and down just like a real dog. Bright red kimono too?" I say with a grin putting my hands on the top of my head and waving back and forth like dog ears.

"You did not just make fun of my ears." I hear him say in annoyance.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. It's up to you to decipher." I say to him exactly the way he said to me that day years before.

I then take out a large piece of rice paper and my charcoal stick, I get a good feel of the size and how big I need to draw each person in order to make them all fit. No sooner, I start. One of my hand stays on the paper while the other glides the charcoal across the smooth surface. The sound of charcoal scratching fills my ears as the quiet sounds of breathing accompanies it, my fingers goes over the lines gently to avoid over smudging of the charcoal. Minutes goes by and I finally finish, I give one finally touch, everything seem to be in place. Shippo has his round cheeks wth big eyes, Miroku has his thick brows and long beard, Sango has her kind smile and her long hair, and Inuyasha with his dog ears and long white hair. I smile at the finish result, I hold it up for them to see.

"How is it?" I ask them.

"It looks beautiful." Sango says with joy in her voice.

"As aspected of an artist as talented as you. You amazed me that day with your art and you did once again." Miroku adds.

"Wow... it looks just like me. I'm going to ask you to draw me in the future again!" Shippo says with excitement.

"I'm glad that it turned out alright." I say with a sigh of relief.

"I suppose it looks alright." Inuyasha chirps in quietly.

"Thanks Inuyasha." I answer back with a grin.

"I'll frame this tomorrow, I'll go set your room, it will only take a few minutes." I hear Sango say getting up.

"Thank you." I say with a bow.

I hear her get up and exit out of the hut.

"Since you will be staying here, you will be going places. Knowing that, you will need someone to accompany you." Miroku says out of the blue.

"Oh no, really it's quite alright. I can go to places myself." I tell him.

"You're still not quite familiar with the area so I think it will be nice if someone accompanied you for a while. I suppose until you have grasp of the environment around you." Miroku reasons with me.

"You have done so much for me already, I don't want to inconvenience you anymore." I tell them.

"Ridiculous, it's not at all." Miroku replies with a laugh.

They are the ages of grandparents, and grandparents can be stubborn at times. I smile at the kind thought.

"It's going to cause more inconvenience if you bumped into something or got lost." I hear Inuyasha say with a passive tone.

I turn my head towards his direction.

"Do you ever stop?" I ask him.

"What do you want me to stop? I don't see anything wrong." I hear him ask.

"I would also like to add, that I will be out all day until late evening so I won't be able to guide you. Sango has the village to take care of as well so she can only help out if needed. Shippo I believe still needs time to take care of himself..." Miroku slowly says going through everyone.

"I can take care of myself Miroku, I'm not a kid anymore." I hear Shippo say with a pout.

I smile at his response, he may be almost 80, but he sounds like a child.

"You technically still are Shippo, 80 years old is nothing." Inuyasha says.

"For Inuyasha... He has quite a bit free time. I think letting him reconnect with the world and talking to people more will be nice." Miroku says with realization in his voice.

There's a brief silence, I then hear rustling of fabric.

"What are you suggesting Miroku?" Inuyasha asks slowly in a displeased tone.

"Isn't it obvious Inuyasha? I'm appointing you to be___________'s company, to guide her around town." Miroku answers him with a light tone in his voice.

"You didn't even ask me if I wanted to old man!" Inuyasha argues back.

"You never ask us either, besides, you're helping a person out. It's what we do remember Inuyasha? It's been a while since you've been this talkative. I think talking with someone else besides us will be good for you." I hear Miroku say to Inuyasha softly.

Inuyasha wasn't this talkative? Really? It's kind of hard to believe. Every time he opens his mouth it makes me want to punch him. The more annoying part of it all is that he doesn't even realize that his words makes me wants to punch him. But, why is Miroku saying this? Did something happen to Inuyasha? I stay quiet and let them talk. There's another brief moment of silence.

"Fine, but only for a little while." Inuyasha finally says giving up.

"Thanks Inuyasha." I hear Miroku say.

Inuyasha sure doesn't like this does he? Well I guess he just have to it up, because that makes two of us. I don't want to be stuck with him every moment of the day, I feel like I'll go nuts. I put on a smile anyway.

"Thanks Inuyasha." I say to him with bow.

"Ya well, I'm just doing Miroku a favour since he never really asks for anything." He responds slightly baffled.

"Well then, should we head to bed? It's getting quite late." Shippo chirps in.

"Yes indeed." Miroku adds.

No sooner, the curtains of the hut lifts and a pair of footsteps comes in.

"You're room is ready, I'll take you to it." I hear Sango say.

"Ah, thank you." I say getting up.

" No need, come dear." She replies.

She takes my arm gently in her hand and guides me outside, I hear my art supplies shuffling, someone picked it up. One by one we all head out.

"Goodnight____________, hope you will get a good night's rest and we will see you in the morning." Miroku says.

"Yes, thank you again for the hospitality. Goodnight." I reply with a bow.

'Goodnight____________! Thanks for the drawing!" Shippo tells me in a cheerful tone.

"Glad you liked it. Goodnight." I answer back with a smile.

I hear them walk away, the faint sounds of crickets in the distance tells me that it's night. It's quiet and serene except for me, Inuyasha and Sango. Three pairs of footsteps crunches in the gravel road as we walk to the the hut that I'll be staying. After walking for a little while we stop.

'Here we are, your home for the time being, hope you will feel comfortable here." Sango tells me with a gentle voice.

"I'm sure I will, I can't say thank you enough for taking care of me." I say to her.

"No thanks are needed, besides we did push you into staying so please just be casual with us. I'll let you rest now, goodnight___________. Inuyasha goodnight." She says bidding us goodnight.

Goodnight." I respond back with a bow.

I hear her walking away, the crunches of the gravel from her steps fading away. I just stood there, the quiet night surrounds me, but I'm aware that Inuyasha is beside me as well.

"Well here, I'm going to bed." I hear him say flatly.

I then feel him coming closer and then grabbing my left hand, he pulls it out in front of me and hands me something. I grab hold of it with my other and I feel it, it's my art supplies. Without another word I hear him turning around and walking away as well.

"Thank you Inuyasha." I say without thinking.

I hear him stop walking.

"For what?" He responds slightly curious.

"For deciding to accompany me in the next few months." I tell him trying to think of a reason as to why I thanked him.

"Ya well, I can't really decline it because Miroku and Sango will be on me until I accept. I didn't accept it because I wanted to." He responds flatly again.

I let out a sigh, can't he just say a "you're welcome" or something? I can almost feel the veins on my forehead bulging as I try to suppress my irritation.

"Look, I realize that this "job" is tiring and irritating because you will have to be my unofficial eyes for the next few months, I get it, you don't like it and it seem like you don't like me either. Well, guess what, I'm not really fond of you too, and I don't want to spent every minute of the next few months being stuck next to you. Besides, you were the one who brought me to the village in the first place." I tell him truthfully with irritation in my voice again.

"That makes two of us. When I brought you to the village I thought it would be a good place for you to regain your senses a bit after a near death experience and have a place to stay for the night, didn't expect Miroku and Sango to ask you to stay for the whole Winter." Inuyasha grumbles.

"You have been their friends for years, I would assume you would know what kind of people they are by now. Well, we're here now whether you like it or not, circumstances has lead to this moment. So let's try to co-exist side by side until Winter is over, at least I'll give an effort. Then Winter ends, I'll be out of your hair and you don't have to be my unofficial eyes anymore." I tell him with a softer tone but I rolled my eyes.

"You know you could have declined, why didn't you?" He asks me.

Should I tell him? I guess I should since he has ticked me off so many times already.

"I accepted because they are nice people and has helped me today, declining them would be rude, and if you remember I tried but it didn't work. Also, I accepted to annoy you." I tell him.

"Well, you've done a great job to annoy me. Congratulations. I thought others gave you the nickname "Butterfly" because you were gentle, doesn't seem like it. I guess I'll just have to try my best to not over talk to you." He replies with a grumble.

"It's just a nickname, you should've realized that day that we met, besides, do I look like someone who was gentle and let others walk over me? No. Ya I will too, let's try our best not to get on each other's nerves. Try." I say emphasizing the word.

"It's either I'm going to annoy you, or you annoying me, there's no try. Anyway, I'm heading to bed. I guess I'll see ya in the morning." Inuyasha says.

I feel my mind slowing down a little, he just said "see you in the morning" I thought he found this "job" annoying and tiresome. He confuses me, but before I can say something I hear him turning around and walking away. The sound of his steps are different, it's quieter, lighter and not much crunches of the gravel. He must be barefoot, if I remember, the first time I met him he was barefoot as well. I guess demons don't feel pain easily. His steps fades and soon the atmosphere around me goes quiet, the sounds of crickets only fills the night. I hold onto my art supplies tightly with my walking stick leaning against my leg.

"See you in the morning too..." I quietly say even though I know Inuyasha is far off.

With nothing else to do, I take my walking stick again and turn around and face forward. I can feel a big presence in front of me so I assume it's the hut, I tap my walking stick in front of me as I walk forward. I can hear it on the ground then a "tok tok" sound, I continue tapping it against it and I move it up, it's wood. It must be the outer exterior of the hut, one side of it, I put my hands out and I feel the the smooth wooden surface. I begin to move my hands around and I find a latch, I pull it and the surface moves out. Guess I found the door. I pull it open, there is a step, I step up and I step inside, I continue tapping my walking stick on the ground in front of me. The outside ground soon turns into wooden floorboards, I close the door behind me, and take off my sandals. With the help of my walking stick I move forward, it seems to be quite a big space. The sound of the wood echos in the room, I found a table, and a candle stands on it. I found the wall and I place my art supplies against it, I walked around the space until the wooden floor stopped sounding and the shifting of fabrics takes over. I kneel down and glide my hand on the surface, it feels like a futon. I sit down and place my walking stick to the side, I feel around the area beside me with my hands. I soon touch a wooden basin or some sort, with a towel beside it. it feels heavy. As I shift it, I can hear the faint sound of liquid. I dip one finger inside the basin, cool liquid comes in contact with my skin.

"Is this water?" I ask myself.

I bring my finger up to my face, I smell it. Nothing, guess it is water. Sango has prepared a basin of water for me to wash my face and hands, I shed my outer kimono and fold it beside me, I dip my hands in the water and wash my face. I dry off with the towel and slide into the futon, after I lay down I let out an exhale.

"What a day, but it was quite nice. Except for Inuyasha's rashness." I say to myself.

Without knowing, I let out a small chuckle. Inuyasha is annoying, but arguing with him is... quite entertaining. Hearing him get annoyed is good payback. I smile and close my eyes, although fun, but I don't know how the days will turn out being stuck with him for almost every minute of the day. I let out a tired groan and turn onto my side. Despite his obnoxiousness, he did save my life, and I'm thankful for that. I empty out my mind and soon, I drift off into a light slumber. I regain consciousness, I feel the gentle warmth of the morning sun in the room. How soothing, I slowly sit and stretch. I feel energized, I open my eyes slowly, I still see nothing. I sigh, but life carries on. I feel the floor around me for the basin of water, I clean my face with the cool water and I stand up, I unfold my kimono and dress myself. I braid my hair again and grab my walking stick, After last night, I have a grasp of where everything is in the room. I find the latch to the door and open it up, I feel the warm sun shining against my skin. I take a step forward and at the same time make sure that my kimono and obi is in place and straightened out, suddenly I feel my right foot stub on something and I stumble forward. I gasp in surprise, but then I feel my knees hit something and this obstacle shifts forward. I have nothing to grab onto for balance and I begin to fall over. I remember there's a step but I don't remember it going upwards.

"Ah!" I blurt out.

"Ow!"

Huh? Did I just bump into a person? Whoever or whatever it is, it's about to get squashed by me. Both of my arms reaches out to desperately grab onto something, I feel the air hitting my face as I tip over, I feel the person's shoulders and and I grab onto the fabric and we both fall onto the dirt ground, torso first.

"Oof!" We both let out.

The two of us crash onto the ground together and I can feel the dirt flying into the air and entering my nostrils and mouth. I cough them out, that hurt. I think I'm on the person's back, I landed on them. I shift my body off of them and prop myself up and I hold my head.

"Who are you?" I ask them furrowing my brows as I try to sit up straight.

"Geez, be careful where you're walking." The person's voice grumbles.

"...Inuyasha?" I say recognizing his voice.

"Ya... My bottom hurts now from your foot stubbing into it." I hear him say slightly breathing in as if in pain.

"Well why are you sitting in front of the door in the first place? If you forgot, I can't see. I can't see you sitting down in front of my door. Besides why didn't you say anything after I opened the door?" I say annoyed.

"I literally just sat down, I was stretching when you came out and crashed into me." He says.

"Well why are you stretching in front of my place?" I ask him confused.

"I came here to get you so I can guide you to the big hut, did you forget? It's my "job." Inuyasha says with a huff.

I feel my irritation fading slowly, he came here to get me so he can guide me to the others. He sounded irritated and voiced his opinion last night, but in the end he's here to guide me, he's here to help me. I feel slightly thankful towards him. I think Inuyasha is a contradictor, I find it interesting. I clear my throat, feeling a bit bad for getting irritated. If only he told me straight out in the beginning though.

"I see... well... thanks for coming here...and sorry for landing on you." I say slowly slightly awkward.

I hear him let out a mumble and stand up, I hear the rustling of his kimono as he dusts himself off and walks closer to me.

"Looks like you can't go anywhere without me, come on let's go, or are you planning on sitting here all day?" He says with a sigh.

I then feel something nudging against my shoulder, I grab it and it's my walking stick. I take hold of it and he pulls me up, He then starts walking away, just like that day he tugs me along with the walking stick between us. Our footsteps fills the space around us as walk towards the hut, I can smell the fresh air and the faint faint smell of vegetables and fruits. People are talking in the distance like yesterday, Winter is coming along, I can feel a slight chill in the air along with the sunlight. I hear the curtains shifting and then the sunlight disappearing as we enter into a confined space.

"____________, Inuyasha, you're up."I hear the voice of Lady Sango greeting us with a cheerful voice in the morning.

"Good morning." I greet back with a bow.

"It's good to see that Inuyasha is taking care of you." I hear Miroku say with a chuckle.

"I'm only doing what you asked Miroku." Inuyasha grumbles.

"Thanks anyway Inuyasha." Sango says.

The curtains opens again and I can feel a lively presence, it must be Shippo.

"Morning! Hi____________." The lively voice says.

"Morning Shippo, glad to hear your voice." I greet him with a smile.

"Come on, let's have breakfast." Sango says guiding me to sit down.

We the all sit down and have a nice breakfast.

"Since you're still unfamiliar around here, why don't you let Inuyasha take you around, let him take you to places today." Sango says.

"I think it's a good idea too, it will be a good opportunity for you and Inuyasha to get to know each other a bit as well... because you both seem to have started on a rough note." Miroku says.

"I guess that will be alright." I reply back with a smile, but I don't know if it will be a day without arguments.

"Inuyasha?" Sango asks.

"Well, I can't really say no can I? Because____________ can't really walk in a straight line without someone acting as her eyes." He responds.

"Hey, I'm not that bad." I reply back with a frown.

"This morning proved it, it's the truth." He says.

I let out a low grumble in my throat, alright, I guess he is right. But it's irritating for him to remind me.

"How about you Shippo? What are you doing today?" Sango asks.

"I have met some young fox demons around my age in the mountains, I'm going to play with them." Shippo answers.

"Oh wow, that's wonderful. You finally found some fellow demons of your race, hope you have fun." Miroku says with a chuckle.

"Thanks, I'll be back by dinner." Shippo replies with eagerness in his voice.

We finish up breakfast together, Miroku heads off to an exorcism job, Sango goes around the village to do her job as head of the village. Shippo has set off to meet up with his fellow fox demons. Guess it just leaves Inuyasha and I. Inuyasha guides me around the village, telling me where everything is, but with an unamused attitude. Afterwards, he stops and I hear him stretch.

"Man, I'm tired." He says with a yawn.

"What are you planning on doing now?" I ask him.

"I want to rest, but I can't, cause I have you to take care of." Inuyasha sighs.

"Well gee, sorry to drag you down." I reply back rolling my eyes.

The two of us stay quit for a while, I haven't drawn anything today, maybe I should draw something.

"Hey, is there a place where you can rest and I can draw in peace?" I ask him.

"There are many places out there, it just depends on where you want to go." Inuyasha replies flatly.

Well, since he has been a decent guide so far, I'll let him decide on a place.

"You decide, the two of us can go somewhere where you like and enjoy, I'll let you rest in peace while I draw. It will benefit the both us and give each other some space." I say to him.

There's a brief silence.

"You sure?" I hear him ask me in a softer tone.

"Ya... You have been a decent guide with no rash attitude so I'll let you go somewhere the you want and do what you want to do." I say to him.

"Alright? You're not going to tattle on me afterwards are you?" Inuyasha asks me slightly cautious.

"...I'm not a bad person, don't make me into a bad person. Anyway I'm going to go get my art supplies." I say to him.

"Woah Woah, no you're not. It will take you half the day just to find your way back to your hut, I'll go." Inuyasha says in a hurry.

I bite my lower lips in annoyance, I turn my body back towards him, my eyes moving around in the emptiness as I direct my irritation towards him.

"I'm not that bad alright? It will take me some time, but it won't take me half the day. No need to exaggerate Inuyasha." I say to him flatly.

"Anyway, just wait here, I'll be back. Don't move, I don't want to go around looking for a girl with a walking stick whacking everything around her." He says with a huff.

Oh I want to whack him with my walking stick at this moment, but. I decide to let it pass since he's going to get my art supplies. I hear him walk away, I hold tightly onto my walking stick as I stand where I am. We must be in a quiet part of the village, there's not people around me so I can listen to the sounds around me and be alert. Inuyasha sure is annoying with the way he talks, but I know for sure that he's not a bad person...or demon in his case. He has a complex with the way he talks without consideration for others, he tests your patience and tolerance, he's tiring to talk to but, it's kind of interesting arguing with him if you have the will to want to put him in his place. I close my eyes and let my mind fall into a state of peace but at the same time listening to everything around me. I don't know how long time has passed, but I would assume a few minutes. I then hear faint footsteps coming closer, then something poking at my shoulder, I open my eyes in hoping to see who it is, but of course, nothing.

"Did you fall asleep or something standing up?" The person asks me.

"I see you're back Inuyasha." I reply back with a sigh.

You can tell its him by the way he talks. I feel him placing my art supplies in my arms, I then feel him grabbing the other end of my walking stick again.

"Come on, I want to get there before I fall asleep myself." He says.

He tugs lightly on the walking stick and I follow after him, I seem to follow after him without a word. I find it surprising myself to be honest, I hold my art supplies to my chest and hold onto the one end of the walking stick. No words were said between us as I follow after Inuyasha, but I don't find it awkward. It feels somehow... serene in a sense. Soon I feel us walking out of the village, I wonder where he is taking me, but it seems like this place might be a place that he's fond of. I'll trust him and let him guide me there as my unofficial eyes, and hopefully not off a cliff. I can feel the gentle wind, I know that we are heading towards an open field where no trees are blocking us. It feels soothing, the sun is high in the sky, the warmth lacing my skin. Two pairs of feet walks in the field, one in front and one in the back with a wooden walking stick giving a meter distance between us.