Blind Faith And Hope

The Beauty of Senses ~ Inuyasha X Reader

There's a brief moment of silence from both of us, I take a deep breath, the air feels cool and refreshing but my heart feels heavy. I want to say it again, my wish to see but I know it's impossible. I keep my mouth closed and close my eyes as frustration takes over me again. I then hear gentle chimes behind me, Inuyasha's arms holds me tightly to him and I feel him rest his left cheek next to mine. His bangs tickles my face and I can feel his dog ear fluttering next to my head, his breathing is so evident next to me. His body warmth overwhelms me and I feel so safe and loved. I lean back against him and rest my functional hand on top of his.

"I know that you desperately want to see, and I want you to see too__________. I want to see your eyes actually looking into mine for once. I just don't know if it's possible." Inuyasha says quietly next to me.

"I understand, I don't think demons' can grant my wish." I reply back with a depleted sigh."

Silence, the sound of the crickets fills my senses. But then I feel Inuyasha lift his face away from mine, I turn my head to face him.

"Inuyasha?" I say his name.

"Demons... celestial....gods... Gods... That might be it." Inuyasha's voice says with more confidence.

"Huh?" I say furrowing my brows.

"Gods, if we can find a god or goddess, than perhaps they can grant your wish." Inuyasha says with hope in his voice.

My eyes goes wide in surprise. That's right, if demons exist, then perhaps gods do as well. Demons may be more out in the open than gods. I feel slight hope ignite deep within me, perhaps a god can be my only chance. My heart begins to beat faster at that thought that I just might be able to regain back something, I put one of my hand over my chest to calm myself down, I can feel my cheeks becoming warmer. I feel gentle lips kissing my left temple and I turn my head to the left in surprise, the next thing I know, the same pair of lips caresses my own. I close my eyes as I take in the scent of Inuyasha and the intimateness of the kiss. We finally part after a few seconds, I can feel his warm breath lingering next to my face. I smile and rest my forehead against his cheek.

"Let's search for some information tomorrow, I'm determined to give you your wish. You gave up a lot for me and helped me through a lot, it's time for me to return the favour." I hear him say.

I shake my head slowly.

"No Inuyasha, you don't owe me anything, everything that has happened to me was due to my own actions. I helped you because I wanted to, I did it because I love and care for you. I don't want either of us to feel like we owe each other anything. So don't do this for me because you feel that way." I tell him.

"I don't feel that way, like what you said, I'm doing this because I love you too, I don't want to see you suffer and hopelessly wishing for something that you so longed for. If I'm capable of giving it to you, I will." Inuyasha replies.

I nod in response, I feel his arms tightening gently around me as he holds me to him, the warmth of his body radiating and seeping into me. After staying up in the tree and in the open field for an hour or so, Inuyasha brought us back down and he piggybacked me back to our hut. I hear his footsteps as he walks up the wooden platform into the hut. The chirps of the crickets soon disappear from the night as the door closes behind us, Inuyasha then gently lowers me down. The solid wood touches my feet and I find my grounding. I then hear matches being lit and the flickering sounds of the candles. I can hear Inuyasha's bell chiming as he comes walking back towards me, I smile as I feel him take my hand. His big warm hands wraps around my functional one, I squeeze his hand back as my bracelets chimes along with the movements of us walking towards the futon. We sit down and I go to take off of my outer wear, but then I feel Inuyasha's hand stopping me.

"What are you doing?" He asks me with a chuckle.

I blink in confusion.

"Uhm, I'm taking off my kimono so I can switch into my night wear." I reply back to him.

"Well, unless you want to change into your kimono and go out again then sure go for it, but you don't need to take off your night wear." He says.

Huh? Change into my kimono? I then feel the fabric of my outfit, then it hits me. I didn't change this morning because I was so busy trying to find Inuyasha and wondering if he was alright or not. I have been in my nightwear the whole day and no one told me, I feel my face going warm. I cover my face with my hands in embarrassment.

"I almost went bare in front of you." I reply back with a groan.

I hear Inuyasha chuckle and his big hands pulling my hands away from my face, I raise my head up and let my eyes wonder around.

"It's fine, it's nothing to be embarrassed about, besides it's not like we haven't seen each other before. Well...you haven't seen me bare but I have." He tells me.

I smile at his words. He's right, we've made love already, I have felt his warm skin against mine and him in the most deepest part. I cradle his hands between my own.

"You're right Inuyasha, I was so out of it today that I didn't have time to change." I say with a sigh.

His right hand comes up and caresses my cheek lovingly.

"I completely understand, and I'm grateful. Ever since we met again after that bad first encounter, you have been there for me and helped me more than you know. I don't care what you wear or what you look like, I'm in love with your heart and your personality and will. In fact, I want to feel your bare skin against mine tonight as we sleep. I miss being this close beside you even though it has only been a day or so." Inuyasha says his voice becoming softer as he says the last few words.

I listen to every one of his words and I feel my heart becoming light and I smile as I'm overcome with longing and love for him.

"I want that too, I want to fall asleep with your skin against mine. I want to make sure that you are here with me with your warmth embracing me." I reply back to him with a nod and a smile.

"Good, let's get to bed." He says.

I nod. I then feel him going for my wrist and untying the bell bracelet that I made, the bell chimes as it leaves my wrist. I hear him placing it on the ground and then his hands going to my sash and unties it as well, I don't feel embarrassed or nervous because I know tonight isn't a night for us to share our bodies with each other. We just want to feel each other's physical body and warmth. I feel the sash sliding away from under my arms and then his hands taking hold of my collar and gently opening it up. The slight cold air hits my skin and I can feel goosebumps rising on my skin, The nightwear slides off of my shoulders and pools around my elbows. I raise my hands up to find him, and I eventually do as I touch his strong chest. With my functional hand I find the cord that holds his kimono together and I pull it open with the support of my other hand. I fold the cord up and place it beside me and I open up his kimono. I can feel his long hair brushing against the skin of my hands along with the warmth. Inuyasha then pulls me into him and now we're skin against skin flush, The bell on his neck rings next to my ear, Inuyasha rests his chin onto my shoulder as he holds me. I wrap my arms around his neck and I untie the knot of his necklace, I then place it beside the futon. Inuyasha then pushes the two of us back slowly until my back touches the cool silk fabric of the futon, I shiver slightly. Inuyasha's hair falls onto my arm and brushes along the side of my stomach as he lowers himself on top of me. I feel him brushing aside my hair from my face and placing a kiss on my forehead, he then nuzzles my nose with his. I giggle at the sweet and cute gesture, the faint swooshing sound of his dog ears can be heard above me.

"Goodnight love." I say to him.

"Goodnight ______________." He replies.

He then slides himself off of me and rests beside me on my right, he pulls the futon cover over the two of us. I feel so at peace right knowing that Inuyasha is back. I snuggle into his embrace and in no time I fall asleep. We're going to search for a way for me to regain my sight, we will try to at least. When I come to, I feel a bit out of it. Guess I overslept, but I feel calm. I can feel warmth and rhythmic breathing above me. I'm still in Inuyasha's embrace. How nice this feels, I don't want to get up but I feel like I should. I can feel the faint sunlight from the window telling me it's indeed morning, I carefully sit up and hold the blanket over my body as I stretch. I take in a deep breath, how refreshing. As I try to get up and let Inuyasha sleep, I feel a large hand placing over mine and I stop moving.

"Where are you going?" I hear Inuyasha's low voice asking me.

"Good morning Inuyasha. I'm not going anywhere, I just got up." I tell him with a smile.

I then feel him shift on the futon and then his hair brushing against my arm as I feel him nuzzle up against my arm with his forehead. He still sounds like he's still sleepy, I can feel his head resting on the back of my hand and his ears fluttering. I use my functional hand and glide my fingers through his thick long hair, I smile.

"You're just like a dog, a cute dog who's showing affections to its owner." I chuckle.

"I'm a dog demon not an actual dog thank you very much, but I don't mind cuddling up to the person that I love." He replies back to me.

I stop his head and I lean down and I rest my head lightly on his, I can hear his breathing loud and clear and the leather skin of his dog ears.

"I love you too Inuyasha, I don't care if you are a human, or a demon, or a dog. I will show you the affections and love that you need to feel like you again." I assure him.

"Thank you_________. Let's go and find information on a god or goddess and ask them to help you regain your sight. We'll start today." Inuyasha tells me confidently.

"Ya." I respond back nodding my head.

We then get out of bed and Inuyasha helps me get my kimono and tie the bell bracelet back onto my wrist. We wash up and go meet up with Miroku, Sango and Shippo. As always the big hut is lively and comforting, this place has become my home. The smell of breakfast fills my senses and the company of them.

"How was a good night's rest?" Miroku asks me.

"It was good, both Inuyasha and I got a good amount of rest and Inuyasha seems absolutely fine now." I tell them.

"That's wonderful, how do you feel Inuyasha?" Sango asks.

"Good, being near death, it kind of made me feel reborn in a way. __________ and I are going to do something important today." Inuyasha says informing them.

"Oh, what will you guys be doing?" Sango asks me.

"Well, I know this may sound selfish but, I told Inuyasha that I want to see again, so Inuyasha and I are planning to find some informations on gods and goddesses because the divine can perhaps help me." I say to them lowering my head.

"Oh, no judgement but when did you decide to want to officially see again?" Miroku asks.

"I know, it sounds completely selfish and why would someone like me, should go and find a divine being and ask them to help regain my sight back when it is fate for me to be blind." I say with a depleted sigh.

I realized, why should I? I'm not anyone special. I shouldn't deserve any special treatments. I feel depleted all of a sudden. I let out a sigh, but after a while I feel a big strong and reassuring hand holding mine. I lift my head up in surprise.

"You gave up a lot for others, you definitely deserve this, sight is important to a person and to any living being. You were born with sight, but it was taken away from due to a gene inherited through your generation. It wasn't something you asked for but accepted, I want you to have your sight back. I want you to see me again. With that said, as a demon I'll do anything in my power to help you achieve that wish." I hear Inuyasha say.

I smile at his words, I squeeze his hand back as a gesture of gratitude.

"Indeed, you have gave up a lot and accepted life as it is, it's not wrong to wish for something. That's why dreams and goals exists, it gives us a purpose in life. Wishing to regain one's sight, it's a wish that no one has a right to judge on. Sango and I will be here to support you, and if you need us to help you just ask." Miroku says with kindness in his voice.

"Thank you so much, thank you." I say bowing to them.

"Say, do you know any gods or goddesses that can grant wishes?" I hear Inuyasha as them.

"I'm sure the majority of the deities can grant wishes but only certain types, and most of them have certain requirements. I'm not really good with myths but I do know Ameterasu, Miroku do you know any others?" I hear Sango asking Miroku.

"I may be a monk but it's not like I had a lot of time to study on deities in my youth. Let's see, there are many but they are from long long ago, perhaps if you go to our local archives you may find something." Miroku says.

"Thank you for the suggestion." I reply with a smile.

"Let's go if we're done, we got a lot to search." I hear Inuyasha say.

"Indeed, it's better to start sooner, go, we'll take care of things here." Sango tells us.

After we finish eating, Inuyasha takes me by the hand and he guides us out, I can hear the birds chirping away. The gentle chimes of our bells fills my senses as Inuyasha leads the two of us towards the village's archives. The gentle footsteps from us are rhythmic. The air is light and fresh, I take a deep breath and exhale through my nose.

"Are you alright?" I hear Inuyasha ask me.

"Yes, of course, I'm just filled with anticipation, a bit nervous too." I tell him.

"Don't be, I'm sure that we'll find something. I'll run to the other side of the world if I have to." Inuyasha tells me with determination in his voice.

I smile at his consideration and love for me, I gently squeeze his hand to let him know that I appreciate it.

"I know Inuyasha, your consideration is enough. You know, even if we don't find anything, I'm content with the way things are now. I have you, I have all of my other senses, I have Miroku, Sango, and Shippo. I can't really ask anything more than that." I say to him.

"____________..." I hear Inuyasha say slightly trailing off.

"I'm not sad, so you shouldn't be either. I'll be happy as long as I can hear your voice." I assure him.

Inuyasha squeezes my hand back, his warmth pulsing through me. After walking for a while we finally arrive at the archive, I can hear townspeople's voices talking outside. Inuyasha leads us inside guiding me every step because there are stairs. The sounds slowly dies down after the door closes, for a place of knowledge I assume quietness and serenity is a must.

"Wait here for a second, I'm going to ask where the celestial archives are." Inuyasha says.

I nod my head. He lets go of my hand and I hear the bell around his neck fading away slowly. I just stand where I am and I listen to paper flipping in every direction, far and near within this incased space. Sharp and clear, I can hear the quiet breathing of people as well. Although quiet but this place is filled with life. What senses can bring us and allow us to experience. I put my hand out slightly at my side little bit little to see if I can feel something, as I lift it up slightly it hits something hard. I then spread my fingers and flip my hand around and I properly feel it. Smooth hard surface, as I glide my hands along it I realize that it's a table, made of wood. I smile at the feeling, not soon after I hear the familiar gentle sound of chimes again.

"I got it, come." I hear Inuyasha say taking my hand into his again.

I smile and nod in response, he takes us further into the room, our gentle footsteps echoing beneath us on the wooden floor.

"The archive keeper said that there are a few books about celestial beings, hopefully we'll find a celestial being that can help." Inuyasha says.

"That's what we're hoping for. Can celestial beings walk on earth?" I ask him.

"I'm not sure but I think they can." Inuyasha says.

"Come on, you're a demon but you don't know? I mean your brother Sesshomaru is a demon but he can walk on earth?" I ask him with a chuckle.

"Hey, just because I'm a demon doesn't mean that I know things about the celestial, besides I'm a half-demon not a full demon so basically I never knew much about things outside of earth. Besides demons don't follow rules, they do whatever they want." Inuyasha says blowing a raspberry.

"Like you?" I ask him with a laugh.

"Hey!" Inuyasha retorts back.

I cover my mouth with my free hand as I try to suppress my laughter. I'm glad that we can joke around like how we use to. Good old times. Inuyasha helps me sit down at a table and he goes and retrieve books. As I wait for him, I begin to think. I don't think I'll be much of a help, because I can't see. But hopefully I have some knowledge. I then hear a thunk beside me that surprised me slightly.

"Here we go." Inuyasha says.

"How many are there?" I ask him.

"Uh..... 4?" He replies.

"Are there a lot of pages?" I ask him again.

"Uh... two of them are decent but the other two are pretty thick." He replies.

I can hear scratching sound, I'm guessing it's him scratching his thick hair. I let out a mental sigh but I tell myself to hang in there.

"Although I can't see, but I'll do my best." I tell him.

"_______________ you just need to be here with me, remember? I said that I'll be your official eyes now. I'll let you know if there are any important information." He tells me.

"Thank you Inuyasha." I reply back with a smile.

I then hear pages being flipped, heavy breathing accompanying it. I wish that I can help out, how I wish I can trade another one of my senses for my sight again. Time goes by, pages being flipped within non-consistent minutes. I don't know why but I start to think about life, what are things associated with life? Celestial beings are often associated with a specific thing, whether it's flowers, plants, animals, they all symbolizes with something. Life is short and fleeting what celestial beings associates that? I begin to stress out. As I come back to my senses, I realize that I haven't heard pages flipping beside me for a while.

"Inuyasha? Is everything alright?" i ask him.

"Ya, I just read a bunch of mythological stories and now I'm on a page with a bunch of deity names." He says.

"Can you tell me all of them?' I ask him.

"Ya sure, gods or goddesses?" He replies.

"Goddesses first?" I respond.

"Alright, Uhm let's see. Amanozako, Ameterasu, Ame-no Uzume, Benzaiten, Daikokuten, Hariti, Izanami, Kisshoten, Konohanasakuya-hime, Kukurihime, Marici, Tamayori-hime, Toyotam.." Inuyasha says going down the list.

Wait." I suddenly say, a name catching my attention.

"What is it?" He asks.

"Konohanasakuya-hime? Are there any information or story on her?" I ask him.

"Let's see...uh... uh... ya here, there's a legend on her." He says flipping through pages.

"Can you read it to me? I want to know more about her." I ask him again.

"Ya sure, but why her?" He asks me slightly confused.

"I don't know, something about her just seem to intrigue me. Her name contains "flower" and flowers are fleeting and part of life, delicate and worth nourishing. Perhaps, there's something about her that might be the one." I say furrowing my brows as I think.

"Alright, here goes." Inuyasha responds.

I nod, I think this Konohanasakuya-hime might help. I straighten my back and I wait for Inuyasha to tell me the legend of this goddess. My heart seem to be enlightened by new faith and belief.