Putting The Skills To Good Use

The Beauty of Senses ~ Inuyasha X Reader

Since then, 2 days has gone by, the snow is still coming down by the gentle touches of the frozen liquid on my skin. Since that day of helping Inuyasha open up to me, he seems a tiny bit more relaxed. Although relaxed, but I can still feel that he's holding on to some things. One step at a time right? I want to give him some space to think things through for himself, after that day, I feel that our bond has improved quite a lot. We still banter, but I suppose it's needed if you want to lighten up the mood once in a while. Since that day, Inuyasha has been going out by himself quite a bit, for the past 2 days he hasn't told me where he's going but I have a knack on where he is. Since I don't go to the tree often, I don't know my way there. Inuyasha comes back around late afternoon to evening, leaving the morning all by myself, well with the help of Shippo to guide me around. I feel bad for Shippo for having to take half of Inuyasha's job as my "unofficial eyes", but I also feel bad because of my blindness that I'm preventing Shippo from going out in the morning and afternoon to play with his own kind. Luckily, Shippo and I are on pretty good terms with each other so Shippo is alright with it. Shippo guided me through the village in the morning, because Inuyasha went off again. Shippo and I decided go to a tea shop in the village, it's nice to have some tea in the cold weather.

"How are you with your friends?" I ask him.

"Great! I'm getting along very well with the other young fox demons." Shippo replies with an energetic voice.

"That's wonderful to hear, it's funny to think that you're almost 80 but are still considered young. I believe foxes don't live in packs, but they can stay together in a group. I'm glad to know that you are happy with the others." I say to Shippo with a smile.

"It is, how are you and Inuyasha?" Shippo asks me.

"Well, That day, Inuyasha has opened to me, it took a while but I managed. Inuyasha is stubborn, so you have to be just as stubborn. The thing is, you can't force someone to tell you something, you have to give them time and space. I took the time and waited patiently for Inuyasha to open himself up and tell me his past." I say to Shippo quietly.

"I see, I guess it is right to have someone out of the family to help someone else. I suppose we were a bit pushy trying to get Inuyasha to move on, when you weren't here, trying to get Inuyasha move on and let go was hard, so some of us tried to do was tell him straight out to move on quickly because it's not good for him. Over time we realized that we shouldn't push him, so we backed off a bit to give him space. Guess we also realized it was a bad decision because Inuyasha has shut himself up even more. I'm grateful that you are trying your best to help that stubborn dog." Shippo says with a sigh.

"Yes, I could tell when I eavesdropped on the conversation between Inuyasha and Sesshomaru, good intentions from Sesshomaru, but his words came out a bit harsh. I suppose it's a bit of an appreciation payback for him guiding me for the past 2 to 3 weeks of being here. Besides... hearing Inuyasha being him is nice, I agree, it feels off not hearing Inuyasha being loud." I say with a light chuckle.

"Indeed, we all miss that. Inuyasha's loudness now isn't the same kind of loudness when Kagome was still here. You can hear the jokes and teasing in his words, but since, it's lifeless and only used to hide his true feelings so that we won't worry for him." Shippo replies.

"I understand completely, you guys are family, friends beyond being friends. You guys all tried to help him, and that is amazing. I'm here, and I've made progress with Inuyasha, I'll do my best to help him for the rest of the time I'm here. So leave it to me." I say to Shippo with a smile.

I suddenly feel arms around my neck and I almost topple over.

"Oof." I say in response.

"Thanks so much___________, if you can get Inuyasha back, it's more than enough. We owe you a lot." Shippo says right next to my ear.

I hug him back, I can feel his fluffy tail swaying back and forth against my arm, his long fluffy hair brushes against my cheek and it tickles.

"No thanks needed, helping a person to return back to who they are meant to be is what we as people should do for others. I'm happy having you all giving me the confidence and trust to bring Inuyasha back." I reply back rubbing his back in comfort.

After having tea and cakes with Shippo, the two of us head back. I'm a bit tired so Shippo guides me back to my hut and then he goes off to find his friends. Miroku is out, and Sango is busy with the other elders in the village, so I might as well rest for a bit until Inuyasha comes back...whenever he does. I doze off for I don't know how long, since I can't see I have no sense of time. I open my eyes to the emptiness around me, I can feel my eyes moving around but nothing. I sigh, I get up and sit on my futon for a while trying to regain my senses. I find my walking stick and I get up, I dress warmly and I head to my front door. I can feel the cold air seeping in from the small cracks in the door, I shiver slightly. I open the door and take a step out.

"I thought you were never getting out." A blunt voice says.

I roll my eyes, glad to hear that he's back. I close my door and turn back to him.

"Glad to hear that you are back and well." I greet him sticking out my tongue.

"Hmph, well let's go, dinner is almost ready, guess you woke up at a good time." Inuyasha replies with a lighter tone.

"Thanks for getting me." I reply back with a smile.

"Ya ya, it's my job anyway." He replies back.

I feel a bit dull hearing him say that and I don't know why, I shrug it off. I step down from the step and my feet touches the deep snow, guess it snowed quite a bit while I was sleeping, I lose my balance slightly. I then feel someone grab onto my arm, their strong hands holds on tight as they try to steady me.

"The ground is covered in snow, you should hold onto something for support before you stepped down, luckily I was here or you would've toppled right into the snow." I hear Inuyasha say with a huff.

"Thanks for the help, but adding on the last part wasn't necessary. I would have been good without it." I reply back sticking out of my tongue again.

I take this split second to feel his grip on my arm, his hands are big and warm. I can feel his long nails grazing against my skin through my kimono sleeve, I feel safe with him holding on to me. He caught me before I toppled over and I'm thankful for that. I can feel my eyes wondering around on natural instinct, I can feel Inuyasha's grip loosening slightly.

"Come on let's go, Miroku should be back too." He says.

He then lets go of my arm, the warmth of his palm leaving. But then, I feel his other hand taking my wrist. His hand holds my wrist through my sleeve again, he then places my hand on his arm. I feel confused.

"Hold on, and let's go." Inuyasha says with a lighter voice.

"Aren't you going to grab onto my walking stick?" I ask him.

"The snow's getting higher and higher, you're going to fall over if I dragged you by the walking stick, besides, you walk slow so if I pulled just a bit faster you'll face plant into the ground. So this way is better for both of us." Inuyasha replies clearing his throat.

"So why did you guide me by pulling my walking stick before then?" I ask him.

He doesn't reply back for a few seconds, I didn't ask him in a mean way, it was to . I can feel my mouth curving up into a grin. He then clears his throat.

"It wasn't snowing then, so it was easy for you to walk. Now come on grab on." Inuyasha replies.

He slap my hand on his arm lightly a few times to get me to hold onto him, I do so. He sounds slightly flustered but I let it go, I remember him telling me that he didn't want me to touch him so I suppose that's why he always guided me by pulling my walking stick. I think after that talk, he accepted me a bit which I'm happy about. I feel the soft fabric of his kimono sleeve, I can remember the vibrant red of his outfit. It's vivid in my mind, but his face, I'm starting to lose it a little bit. I guess I haven't seen him in years so I'm starting to forget what he looks like. I can only remember he has big amber eyes, white long hair, and a pair of dog ears, but his face... I practically forgot. I can feel the warmth of his skin through his kimono in the cold weather, I'm standing right next to him as I hold his arm.

"Let's go." Inuyasha says.

He starts walking and I follow right after him with my walking stick beside me to help me walk, he's walking in a moderate pace so that I can keep up. With Inuyasha beside me, I feel calm and safe. A few minutes of walking we finally arrive at the big hut, I hear Inuyasha lifting the curtains and I take a step inside. I can feel the warmth of the fire from the hut, so different than being outside.

"__________ you're here, come let's eat dinner." Sango's gentle voice says guiding me inside.

"Good to see that Inuyasha is here with you as well, I suppose you had a relaxing morning?" Miroku says asking Inuyasha.

"I suppose I did, taking the morning time for myself is a nice breather." Inuyasha replies slightly flat.

"It's glad to see that you're holding onto Inuyasha's arm__________." Shippo points out with slight joy and curiosity in his voice.

Huh? I then realize that I'm still holding onto Inuyasha's arm. I quickly let it go and clear my throat.

"The snow is piling up so I had her hold my arm so that she won't face plant." Inuyasha answers.

We then proceed to eat dinner together, Sango helped me put things in my bowl like she always has since I can't see.

"You seem to be in a lighter mood lately Inuyasha, I'm glad to see that." Miroku says.

"Well, I'm not sad or mad or anything, so I don't know what you are talking about Miroku. I'm fine alright?" Inuyasha replies back with a quiet groan.

"Alright, At least__________ can keep you company. Say, why don't you take the morning tomorrow to take ____________ on a walk, you haven't been with her in the morning for the past 2 days. Shippo had to take over your job." Sango says to Inuyasha.

"It was nice to spend some time with Shippo, For the time that I'm here I barely got to talk with Shippo since he's always out, so it was nice. Inuyasha has helped me quite a lot in the past 2 weeks so I understand if he wants to have some peace and quiet. Everyone needs some time alone." I say with a smile.

"How thoughtful of you___________, still I think someone should spend more time with you, no one better than Inuyasha right?" Miroku says.

"Fine, I'll spend the day with___________ tomorrow." Inuyasha replies with a quiet grumble again.

I hope he isn't annoyed spending time with me, hopefully tomorrow won't be too bad... I mean our relationship should be on a friend's level now right? He still sounds like he has quite a few things bothering him, so hopefully I can help him unravel a bit more. After dinner, we all bid each other goodnight and Inuyasha walks me back to my hut. The snow crunches below our feet, I can feel the cold snow against my bare ankles since my feet are sinking into the high snow. I can feel my face going slightly numb and my nose.

"Where do you have in mind tomorrow?" I ask Inuyasha.

"Well we can't go too far because of the snow, you'll probably freeze to death." Inuyasha replies.

"Probably, so I'm guessing the tree and the cliff again?" I ask him with a chuckle.

"Well it's my go to place, if you have somewhere else in mind tell me." Inuyasha says with a stretch by the sound of his voice trying to get his words out.

"It doesn't really matter to me, I'm alright wherever you want to go because I can't seen anything." I answer him back.

There's a brief silence, the gentle feather light snow landing on my hands and hair, the crunches of the snow accompanies us.

"Alright, I'll see where else I can take you in this big empty place." Inuyasha finally replies.

"Thanks" I say with a smile.

"Here we are, get some rest I'll see you tomorrow." Inuyasha says stopping.

"Thanks for walking me back, and I'll see you tomorrow." I say to him as I step up onto the step.

"Stop thanking me, it's irritating." Inuyasha says with a grumble.

"If that's what you want, then I'll cut it down a little. You get some rest too Inuyasha." I say to him with a wave.

"Hmph. Well, see you." I hear him reply.

I hear his footsteps walking away in the deep snow, further and further into the distance. I listen until his footsteps completely disappears, the cold air dawns on me and I head inside. I shake off the snow on my head and outer wear, I change into my nightwear and I slide into my futon. The cold silk caresses my skin and I shiver slightly, it's cool but it's soothing. My opened eyes looks around in the dark emptiness of my vision, I let out a sigh.

"Hopefully, he can take me to somewhere more interesting." I think to myself.

I then finally close my eyes and slowly empty out my mind, and after a while I drift off into slumber. Times passes by and I then open my eyes, I stretch and sit up. I change my sleepwear into my kimono, I grab my walking stick and I prepare to head out. I open the front door, and I can feel the the cold air. The snow is still falling, light coldness landing on my skin.

"You slept well I see." A rich voice says.

"Inuyasha, you're here." I say recognizing his voice.

I smile knowing that he's here as he promised, he didn't head out by himself and instead waited here for me.

"Well I said I would spend the day with you did I not?" Inuyasha says with a huff.

"I'm grateful." I reply back sticking out my tongue in a teasing manner.

"Let's go." Inuyasha says stepping closer to the step.

I feel him nudging my arm with his own, I look down on instinct but then I realize that I can't see anything. I realize that he wants me to hold onto his arm again, just like yesterday. I feel a faint warmth in my chest knowing that, I glide my hand on his arm and close my palm around his strong arm, his warmth radiating through my hand.

"Thanks Inuyasha." I say with a smile.

"Ugh, why you thanking me again? I told you it feel awkward." Inuyasha grumbles.

"Sorry." I chuckle.

"Now you're apologizing... I don't understand you at times." He says with a sigh.

"Well you're more confusing than I am." I reply back blowing a raspberry.

After the small bantering with Inuyasha, we finally head over to the big hut. The moment I here the curtains lift, warmth welcomes me, both physically and emotionally.

"____________! Morning!" Shippo's voices welcomes me.

"Morning dear." Both Sango and Miroku says with kindness in their voice.

"Morning everyone." I reply back to them with a smile and bow.

We all sit down and have a warm breakfast, afterwards, everyone has their own things to do like always, leaving only Inuyasha and I. I step outside and take a deep breath of the winter air, it's so cool that the inside of my nose feels cold. Although cold, but it's refreshing. I hear Inuyasha coming up beside me, since that day that he carried me on his back, I can always feel the warmth that radiates off his body when he's next to me now. It's soothing.

"Are you ready to go?" Inuyasha asks.

"Ya, just give me a few minutes, I want to go grab my papers and charcoal. I haven't drawn in a while so I'm afraid I'll get a bit foreign if I don't touch paper and the feeling of the charcoal stick." I say to him.

"An artist can get foreign?" Inuyasha asks me slightly curious.

"Yes we can, being an artist is like being a swimmer..." I begin.

"How does that make sense? An artist and a swimmer are two completely different types of people." Inuyasha interrupts me.

"Well, give me a second and I'll explain what I mean. An artist is like a swimmer, yes they are two completely different types of people but they do have things in common and same goes for a lot of different things. When a swimmer knows how to swim, they can never forget that skill. Same goes for artists, the moment that they know how to use a charcoal stick to draw or paint, they will know it for life. Although those skills will never be forgotten, but we can become unfamiliar with it if we don't practice. A swimmer can lose their strength and stamina without practice, and an artist will forget how to perfect the techniques of such mediums. You know what I mean?" I say to him.

"Ya, I think I get it now." Inuyasha slowly replies.

"I'm glad to hear that. Also, you and I are of completely different races as well, but we have things in common don't we and I think that as long as people have things in common, a strong bond will emerge. Now give me a while and I'll go get my stuff." I tell him with a smile.

"No No, like I said you're going take half the day, I'll go get it. Just stay here and don't move until I come get you." Inuyasha quickly interjects.

Before I can reply, I can hear him walking away in the high snow. I hear his steps fade away and I take a deep breath, I hold tightly to my walking stick. I feel the feather light kisses of the snowflakes landing in my hair and face, I tilt my head back and I close my eyes. I can feel the snowflakes drifting down one by one onto my face, but I can't see them. It's been years since I've seen the pure white of the world in Winter, and the flurry of snowflakes floating in the quiet air. I couldn't see the beauty of nature anymore, and it saddens me to know that. Although I can't see but I can feel still, I bend down and place my hand on the cold surface of the snow, I move my hand on top of the layer of snow. I let the snow glide over my fingers and I smile at the coldness, although it's beautiful, but I know that staying out in the cold without proper clothing can kill you. I stand up again and put my arm out and open my palm, I wait and feel the snow landing in my hand. I smile at the serenity and feeling, I can feel my eyes moving around but unable to see anything. I let the snow fall for a while and then I close my palm, small amount of water covers my palm as the snow melts from the heat of my body.

"I'm back." I hear Inuyasha's voice all of a sudden.

It surprised me slightly, I turn my head towards the direction of his voice. He came at the right time.

"Welcome back, thanks for getting my stuff for me." I say to him with a smile.

"Ya well, it's nothing. Come on let's go, and here I got you your blanket." Inuyasha says clearing his throat.

"A blanket? Will I be needing it?" I asked him confused.

'Ya, the place that we're going to will be colder than everywhere else. Come on." Inuyasha answers me.

"Wonder where this place is." I say.

"Well we have to start walking if you want to know." Inuyasha replies back with a matter of fact voice.

I stick my tongue out at him in annoyance, but I feel lighthearted at the same time. I feel him nudge my arm with his and I naturally hold his strong arm, I then let him guide me to wherever he has in mind. The two of us walk for about 20 minutes to half an hour, as we near to wherever this place is, the temperature seem to have dropped more. Inuyasha is right, I think I am happy that he brought the blanket, he is quite thoughtful. As we draw nearer and nearer, I can hear faint sounds of water, in a rhythmic timing I hear it swishes. Did Inuyasha bring me to the ocean? There's an ocean near here? I then feel Inuyasha stop walking.

"Are we at the ocean?" I ask him.

"Yea, kind of got the feeling that you would want to go somewhere else besides the tree, so I took you to the oceanside, the only other beautiful place here besides the village, the cliffside, and a waterfall near the village." Inuyasha replies back clearing his throat.

I smile as I hear the ocean waves swaying back and forth, I'm surprised the water isn't frozen in the cold Winter. It so soothing to hear the gentleness of nature, I let my mind go free for a second, but my smile not leaving my face. I then feel something drape over my shoulders, I quickly grab onto it before it falls off my shoulders. I realize that it's the blanket that Inuyasha brought, I turn to his direction.

"Come on, there's a tree trunk not far away we can sit down there." Inuyasha says.

I nod my head, I hold onto his arm again as he guides me back to the tree trunk that he mentioned. I lower my hand down to find the surface of the tree that is laying in the snow, dust aside the snow that covered the flat surface and I turn around and sit down. I feel Inuyasha sit down beside me, his warmth not far away. I look out into the open nothingness, but I can imagine the ocean in front of me swaying back and forth, what it would look like in Winter, and in Spring, Summer and Fall. I smile as I see the ocean in all four seasons.

"Hey Inuyasha, can you give me 4 pieces of paper and my charcoal stick?" I ask him holding out my hands.

I hear him unravelling my rolled up paper and take out a charcoal stick from the wrapped up paper, he then places them in my hands. I place the papers on my lap and I take the charcoal in my hand, I place it on the paper and I start drawing. The sound of charcoal gliding on paper fills my ears, I glide my other hand's fingers over the lines that I've created so I know where to go next from the dusty charcoal trail.

"What are you drawing?" I hear Inuyasha ask me.

"I'm drawing the ocean in all four seasons." I reply back with a smile.

"In all four seasons? But how would you know what it will look like when you haven't even seen it in all four seasons?" Inuyasha asks again.

I smile, there's a lot of things that I can teach Inuyasha I see.

"Remember what I said before? To draw and to imagine is like breathing for an artist, our minds have to constantly be thinking of ideas and filled with imagination. What you can't smell, you imagine, what you can't feel, you imagine, what you can't hear, you imagine, what you can't taste, you imagine, and especially what you can't see, you'd imagine what it would look like if you could. In Summer, I would imagine the warmth and the sun high in the sky with birds flying, and in the Spring, the blue green water swaying back and forth against the sand with people here and the birds in the trees nearby, and in the Winter, the water is frozen with snow on the sand and snowflakes floating about like feathers in a dream. The mind is a magnificent thing, it allows us to remember memories, people, it controls our body, and most of all, it allows us to imagine anything that we want." I explain to Inuyasha with nostalgia.

I then return back to sketching, Inuyasha doesn't reply back but I know that he understood what I'm trying to tell him. That was enough for me. Minutes passes and I finally finish all four drawings, I made sure that the ocean was drawn in different angles and with different surroundings as to match the seasons. I place them to the side and I place my hands in the thick snow, I grab a handful of snow and I clean my hands from the stained charcoal.

"Did they turn out alright?" I ask Inuyasha.

I hear the paper rustle as what I assume him picking them up.

"Ya, they all turned out alright." He replies back.

"Good, I'm glad." I say with a smile.

The two of us then look out to the ocean again, well, Inuyasha did while my eyes only faced in the direction. Silence fills the air for a few seconds.

"Why didn't you draw people in these four sketches?" Inuyasha asks me again.

"Well, there's no one to draw in the image, besides, no one are here whom I can place in the drawing. I can't draw myself, and you said that you don't like me touching you so I can't add you in the image since I don't remember what you look like." I reply back with a chuckle.

There's a brief silence, and I hear Inuyasha inhale quietly.

"Right..." He replies.

He sounds slightly, disappointed. If he asked me that question perhaps there were some intentions hidden. A question usually does regardless if it's straightforward or for fun. Perhaps this is a good time now for me to help him let some things go as to help him on the road of moving on.

"You've mentioned that you didn't really go anywhere with Kagome due to her role as a priestess." I mention to him.

"Yes..." He replies.

"How about going to those places now." I say with a smile.

He doesn't reply and I know that he's confused about what I said, but I know what I said.

"What do you mean?" He asks me curious.

"I'm asking how about going to those places now with Kagome?" I repeat myself.

"How? She's not here anymore." He asks me curious and confused.

"Remember what I said? An artist's imagination is everything, but artists aren't the only people who can imagine, everyone can. Including you Inuyasha. I can make your imagination happen." I explain to him.

"You're saying..." Inuyasha slowly says.

"Tell me all the places that you wish you went with Kagome, and I'll draw them out for you, with you and her in the drawing, that way it will serve as a conduit for your dream and wish that you couldn't fulfill before, ad hopefully...it can help you slowly move on little bit little." I say in a gentle tone.

Inuyasha doesn't reply back but I know he's thinking.

"Alright, but you don't know what we look like, so how will you draw us?" He asks me.

"I remember what Kagome looks like because you told me what she looked like years before, and she is beautiful. The only person that I don't remember is you Inuyasha, it's been years since I've seen your face. To be honest I practically forgot what you look like aside from your big amber eyes, long white hair, and dog ears. So if you trust me and allow me to touch your face, I'll be able to draw you into the picture with Kagome. So, will you trust me to fulfill this dream for you?" I ask him.

I wait for Inuyasha to reply, I hear him inhaling and exhaling.

"I suppose I'm at the point that I won't mind you touching me anymore. Go ahead." He finally says.

I nod and smile, I clean my hands one more time and I find his shoulders. After finding the shoulders I know where the face is by then.

"Excuse me." I say to him.

"Don't be." He replies.

I then slowly move my hand to his face and I let my fingers feel his skin and to his facial features and structures. I hold my breath as I do so in case he freaks out at me. My eyes are facing him but they are wondering around, he has soft lips that are full, he has defined jawline and high cheekbones, he has a high nose bridge and long eyelashes, his eyes feel big. He has thick eyebrows that goes upwards in an angle. I can feel all the defined facial structures, they seem perfect and well proportioned, if I can recall my faint memories, and adding it on the facial features that I just felt of Inuyasha, he is quite handsome. I feel his fluffy bangs against his forehead and I feel the soft dog ears on top of his head, they twitched when I touched them and I smile at the cuteness.

"Now I remember what you look like, it's been a long time but now I have it down in memories. Thanks Inuyasha." I say to him with a smile and a nod.

"Right." He replies clearing his throat.

I let go of his face and the soft skin, the gentle warmth of his face leaves my fingertips as I let him go. I didn't want to for some reason but I did, I then feel the tree trunk for my papers and charcoal stick. I face Inuyasha and I prepare myself.

"Now, think of all the places that you wished you could've taken Kagome, one by one explain the place to me, every detail of that place, what you see. Tell me everything, almost as if you are there as of this moment." I instruct Inuyasha.

"Alright... The first place, I wished I took Kagome to the tree by the cliff, the green grass covers the ground blade by blade, the tree covered in green leaves and strong branches, birds flying high in the sky as the mountains stands tall in the distance, rivers running below us and the flowers growing here and there." Inuyasha goes on to describe the first place.

I start to sketch out the cliffside, then added the tree, birds in the sky and the grass on the ground, I added the mountains in the distance and the barely visible river below. After I finish drawing those and decided on a angle, I start drawing Inuyasha and Kagome. I let my imagination go free, I drew Inuyasha and Kagome side by side sitting at the edge of the cliff side with their feet hanging off the edge as they look out. I remember and know what they look like so I just incorporated it all in. After a few minutes I finish the first drawing, I place it beside me and grab another piece of paper.

"Where to next?" I ask him.

"Here, the ocean. In the Summer, the sun is warm and high in the sky, the waves splashing onto the sandy beach as birds soar in the sky above us surrounded by clouds, seashells lies on the golden sand and the reflections of the mountains in the distance on the water surface." Inuyasha continues.

I draw the ocean and the sand, the mountains separating the page. I add a few birds and clouds in the sky, I then add Inuyasha and Kagome playing in the water. As I draw, I realize that the two places are places that Inuyasha has taken me to. I feel happy but sad that I got to experience all these places that Inuyasha wished he could've shown Kagome. As I think that, I have a slight pain in my chest, it didn't feel right for some reason that I'm here instead of her but at the same time I'm happy that I'm here. Another few minutes passes and I finish that one, I grab another piece of paper and I wait.

"The last place is in a field of flowers a bit far away from the village, in the Spring all colors of the flowers fills the field. Not far away is a big cave, the blue sky covers the space above and the horizon line holds the far away mountains that stands tall and strong." Inuyasha says describing the last place to me.

I draw everything out and I draw Kagome and Inuyasha sitting in the field of flowers with only their shoulders and heads visible. I then place it down beside the other two, my hands feel numb at this point.

"You only have three places?" I ask him.

"Yes, I don't want to come up with too much or else I'll just trap myself in an endless cycle again. These all look good, I really felt like I was there with her as I described it." Inuyasha says quietly.

"Ah I see, well I'm happy that they turned out alright and hopefully helped you slightly." I say to him with a nod.

"Why are you doing so much for me? We hated each other in the beginning." Inuyasha suddenly asks me.

I take a deep breath and I smile.

"Because I want to, and I want you to look forward to a future Inuyasha, a future without chains and binds that's keeping you stuck in the past. I want you to be happy and lively again, because I know that that's the real you. You had wishes, I just used what I could to make them happen for you despite it was only on paper. By telling others your inner most feelings and thoughts, it will lessen the weight on your mind and heart, you had a lot so I wanted to lighten it for you a bit and slowly bit by bit, I hope that you will return back to the normal you." I answer him like I did a while ago.

I smile and shift my eyes somewhere else, I take a deep breath, I can feel my nose going numb and so are my cheeks. My hands are almost freezing and numb, I put aside my charcoal stick and I grab another handful of snow to wash my hands with, I then rub my hands together to try and warm them up. I can hear the gentle whispers of the winter air blowing across the place and Inuyasha and my breathing, they all seem so loud and clear. My eyes wonder around aimlessly as I just stay there with a smile on my face. I feel a lock of my hair falling to the side of my cheek, it didn't really bother me so I let it be. The next thing I know I feel something brushing it aside gently, it surprised me. I turn my face to the side slightly and I then realize that Inuyasha is sitting beside me. I raise my eyebrows in curious.

"Never knew that for someone who can't see, they can imagine a whole world in their mind and so detailed than someone who can see..." Inuyasha says softly almost in a daze.

"Are you complimenting me?" I ask him with a smile.

I feel him retreat his hands quickly and clear his throat.

"No, I'm not complimenting you, I'm just saying in general." Inuyasha quickly replies.

I feel a smile come upon my face, Inuyasha is kind indeed. But gets embarrassed too easily.

"Thanks Inuyasha, that means a lot coming from you." I say to him.

I then turn my head forward again and then let my eyes wonder around in the emptiness.

"I never asked you this, but what do you see exactly? Do you see faint colors? Shapes?" Inuyasha asks me.

"Everyone is different I assume, but for me... I see nothing. It's just emptiness and no colors. Although I don't see anything but all the things that I've known before I lost my sight are vivid in my mind." I explain to him.

"You met me before but you said that you don't remember what I look like, I feel insulted." Inuyasha says with a huff.

I smile at his childishness, I turn my head to his direction again. Without thinking about it, I lift my right hand and find his long hair. I gently hold a lock of his thick hair in my hand.

"Yes I don't quite remember you, I could only remember the basic details that stood out, like your fire red kimono, bright amber eyes, long white hair, and those cute dog ears on top of your head. Every person's face is different and unique, seeing them once without examining them too deeply can easily allow someone to forget. It was for me, I couldn't remember what you looked like because you didn't want me to feel your facial structures since...or touch you to begin with. But I finally remember what you looked like as my memories slowly came back to me while feeling your face." I say to him.

"I see, you better not think I look like a dog in your imaginative head of yours." Inuyasha says with a huff.

I chuckle at his response, and I shake my head.

"When I first met you, I would have imagined you as a misbehaved wild dog despite having a human face, but after getting to you know a bit better. I remembered that you had a human face and you looked, quite handsome if I can recall. After feeling your facial proportions and structures, it helped cement that view." I answer him with a smile.

Inuyasha doesn't reply back but I can hear him let out a quiet sound of surprise. I let his hair sift through my fingers and I let my eyes wonder around a little and I look away, I feel my face slightly becoming warm as I realize what I said. I clear my throat trying to loosen up the tension.

"You have nice eyes." Inuyasha blurts out unexpectedly.

I turn my head towards his direction, did he just?

"Inuyasha..." I say his named dazed.

"What? I just said that you have nice eyes, it's a compliment alright, but don't overthink anything. It's not like I can't give compliments, I'm capable. Don't look at me like I'm a jerk who can't say nice things." Inuyasha answers with a huff.

I feel my chest becoming light and fuzzy and I don't know why, but it's a nice feeling. Hearing a compliment from him is rare I suppose so it feels special, I smile at his response.

"Thanks Inuyasha." I say to him softly.

"Ya, let's go now, your nose is red purple and your face is white. We better head back before your nose falls off." Inuyasha says.

"I envy you that you don't get to feel cold." I reply back sticking my tongue out at him.

"You humans are just weak. When you get cold you need warmth, and when it gets too hot you need cold. Like make up your mind." Inuyasha replies back blowing a raspberry.

"Well you have dog blood running through you and you're a demon but..... I suppose you have a point." I say thinking about it.

I hear Inuyasha let out a "hmph" with a lighthearted tone almost as if to stifle a chuckle, I let out a quiet laugh. I feel the atmosphere lighten up just from this moment, the two of us practically laughed together and that is memorable. Being with Inuyasha is quite fun, I get to learn so much about him and understand him the more time I spent with him. I feel my laughter slightly quiet down and my smile becoming more subtle, I imagined Inuyasha's face in my mind. How I wish I can see his face again, wonder what his smile would look like. Unfortunately, I don't think I will see his smile in the future, but being able to hear his voice and know that he's here by the feel of his warmth next to me, is enough. I hear Inuyasha stand up and nudge me on the arm lightly.

"Come on let's go." Inuyasha says in a pretty nice tone.

"Ya." I reply back with a nod.

I slowly find his hand with my own, but I wrapped my hand around his wrist. I didn't touch his hand, it doesn't matter because he wrapped his large hand around my wrist as well. The warmth of his hand surrounds the skin on my wrist, I then feel him pull me up. I stumble slightly as my feet sinks into the snow, I then let his wrist go, the thing is, I feel his hand letting mine go after I let his go. I let it go and I hold onto his arm again, He then guides us back to the village. Inuyasha carries my art supplies and the sketches that I've drew for him.

'What are you going to do with the sketches?" I ask him.

"I don't know, I suppose I'll put it somewhere for the time being." He replies with a sigh.

"I see, I'm happy to hear you explain things to me in details Inuyasha, all the places that you wanted to be at with the person you loved it allowed me to sketch out something beautiful and meaningful, thank you." I say to him giving his arm a gentle squeeze.

"You wanted me to do it, so I just complied...but I suppose I should appreciate your thoughtfulness." Inuyasha replies clearing his throat.

I smile at his response, the snow is still falling in the afternoon. The faint sound of the ocean waves is soothing but we are walking away and soon it completely disappears. The snow crunches beneath us as our feet sinks ankle high into the cold softness. The weather is cold, but I don't feel that way when Inuyasha is nearby or right next to me. Perhaps it's his body heat that radiates off of him and the proximity between us, it's soothing and comforting. But I wonder how much longer I can feel this warmth in the middle of Winter.