The Eyes Are Concealed With Lies

The Beauty of Senses ~ Inuyasha X Reader

Everything seem to resolve all of a sudden, all these feelings that I'm feeling when I'm with Inuyasha... I'm happy when he sounds happy, and I'm sad when he's sad. My heart drops when I figure out my feelings, I'm in love with Inuyasha. I can't help but show a smile after finally realizing my feelings, I feel a light cloud that has been blocking my vision has dispersed and allowed me to see clearly of my own feelings towards Inuyasha now. I feel happy, but then somethings starts to bother me. I can feel my smile becoming subtle. Somehow it doesn't feel right. Inuyasha has just lost Kagome, and he's in the process of moving on from her. If I told Inuyasha my feelings, it wouldn't feel right, I would be burdening him with another emotional crisis. I feel like I'm in an emotional crisis of my own now, I'll have to keep my feelings hidden deep down in my heart and focus on helping Inuyasha move on from his past, I don't know how long I can hold my feelings in but hopefully I can manage till I leave here when Winter ends. But now that I know my feelings for Inuyasha, how can I try to help myself from moving on?

"Hello? Earth to____________? Did you fall asleep?" Inuyasha's voice echos in my ears.

I then hear the chimes of the bell right after, Inuyasha is ringing it. I blink and I try to find my senses again, I can feel my eyes moving around but I can't see. I show a small smile after regaining my composure.

"I'm alright, well if you say it looks good then I suppose it really looks alright then. Thanks Inuyasha and I'm happy that you've accepted it." I say to him.

"Hmm, after just now, I feel that I'll be using the bell to get you to wake up every now and then from your daydreaming." Inuyasha says with a slight chuckle.

He just chuckled, it lightened my heart hearing him. It's true when they say that you are sad when the one you love is sad and you are happy when the one you love is happy. You laugh when they laugh and you cry when they cry.

"Well, the original purpose was to let me know or you know when the other is nearby, but if you want to use it to get someone back to reality then please go ahead." I say with a chuckle.

"Maybe I'll use only on you." Inuyasha replies blowing a raspberry.

Perhaps, I think he'll be using it more than he would think to bring me back to reality from losing myself in my feelings for him. I smile at his childishness, I wonder if I can force myself to move on from that precious side of him. It pains me to think that I'll be leaving here and him eventually, I can feel slight wetness in my eyes. My nose becomes slightly congested and I inhale through my mouth.

"Are you crying?" Inuyasha asks me suddenly.

Oh no, he noticed. I open my eyes wide to try and bring the tears back and I shake my head. I show him a smile.

"No, the coldness just caused my nose to dry up to the point that it hurts and cause my eyes to water." I say coming up with an excuse quickly.

"Hmm, well when I have a cold my nose dries up, otherwise it's always damp." Inuyasha says with a deep sigh.

I feel my smile becoming slightly bigger after hearing that, is he trying to make me feel better somehow? Regardless after hearing it I feel better. I'll miss his voice when I leave.

"How cute, I'll let you go now Inuyasha, I'll see you later at lunch." I say to him.

"You kicking me out because you want to take a nap?" Inuyasha asks with a teasing tone.

"Well I was thinking that you might want to take some time away from me until lunch time, but now that you mentioned about napping I think I'll take a nap." I say with a chuckle.

"You seem more like a dog than I am, you take a lot of naps." He says.

"Although I can't see but my eyes do need rests once in a while." I reply back sticking out tongue.

I feel him get up with a grunt, the bell ringing gently as he moves.

"Fine, I'll let you sleep, see you in a bit." Inuyasha says and starts walking towards the direction of the door.

Each step allowing the bell to release gentle chimes as he walks closer to the door, I then hear the door opening and the winter air comes in slightly. He's leaving, and I feel like I'm pushing him out of here when I was the one who invited him in the first place. I feel that I'm trying to deny my feelings and slowly force myself to let him go before it's too late. I move my arm slightly and I then hear my bell ringing, I feel like I'm starting to regret making the necklace.

"Inuyasha." I call out his name before he exits out of the door.

"What?" He replies.

"The necklace, since it's a bell it will be ringing when you move, so at night, don't forget to remove it, or whenever you don't want to wear it." I tell him.

Inuyasha doesn't say anything for a second or two, so I wait.

"You made this for me and you're saying that you don't mind if I just take it off and put it somewhere whenever I want?" He asks me slightly curious.

"I don't mind at all, like I said, I don't want it to bind you anyhow and especially not to me. Like I said, it's just to let me know when you are nearby. At nighttime, you won't be needing it so you can take it off. Also, when you're not beside me you can take it off because I assume that it will bother your ears after a while." I assure him with a smile.

Inuyasha doesn't reply right away, he must be thinking.

"If you insist, anyway go rest your eyes. And...thanks for the necklace." Inuyasha replies in a lighter tone.

"Ya, I'll see you in a bit." I answer him with a nod.

I hear him walk out and close the door, the Winter air stops coming in but the room feels cold after he left. I don't have to focus to listen for his footsteps because I can hear the chimes of the bell even behind the close door, it goes on for a few seconds and then it fades away. I finally let my breath go, I shake my right wrist slightly and then my bell sounds. I exhale deeply. Will I be able to tell my feelings to Inuyasha, will I ever be able to? Will I find the time to tell him before I leave? If I'm able to, I'll feel like I'll be taking advantage of his vulnerability. And if he by a miracle, accepts my feelings and returns it, will it be sincere and true between us? I close my eyes and I feel my chest ache again, I love him but I feel that if I told him I will be suffocating him. I want to love him, but I can't be selfish. I let a single tear come down my face and I wipe the rest away. A month eventually goes by, and eventually enters into the middle of the second month. The snow has stopped falling but it isn't melting. I have locked away my feelings or try my best to lock away my feelings for Inuyasha. When we are together I try my best to make the moment as normal as it can be so that it will just be like before, before I realized my feelings for him. It's hard, but I try, I suppose it's a bit easier because I can't see his face. I feel that if I saw his amber eyes in front of me, I won't be able to contain my feelings. I eventually created another mask to hide my feelings that could give me happiness, it's ironic, how I'm helping Inuyasha to open up his past and inner most feelings so that he can move on, when I can't even tell someone that I love them because I'm afraid of burdening them. I haven't been sleeping well at night in the past two weeks or so because my endless cycle of tiring thoughts, If I have dark circles, I hope they aren't too visible. Although it's been rough but the good thing was, I knew whenever Inuyasha was nearby since I gave him that necklace. The heavenly chime of the bell rings through the openness when he's near, and same goes for the bracelet on my wrist. Knowing that he wears it every single day makes me happy, I hope it mean that he treasures it.

"Where are you planning on taking me today?" I ask him.

The second month is almost over at this point, the two of us are starting off our day. I have my art supplies with me, well Inuyasha is carrying all of them. My other hand is holding onto Inuyasha's arm like always, his warmth is so evident next to me. The snow has started to harden a little at this point, but the snow has stopped falling which is nice for a change.

"I'm taking you to a flower field just outside of the village, although there's no flower right now but it's a nice place to go to when you want to rest somewhere close to the village." Inuyasha answers me.

"How come you never took me there in the past month before? Always making me walk far to the cliffside?" I ask him with a pout.

"Hey, I needed my daily walk and you said you wouldn't mind following me around." Inuyasha fires back.

I smile at his response, it's true, I did say that before. I really don't mind going anywhere as long as I'm with Inuyasha. We finally arrive at the big field that Inuyasha said, well at least that's what he said when we arrived. He guides me to the middle of the field I assume, I then feel him plop down onto the snow, my hand slipped away from his arm. I hear him groan with what I assume a stretch.

"The air feels so clear and light." I hear him say.

"It sure is." I say sitting down beside him.

I can feel the winter snow beneath me but my kimono and outer layer is preventing it from causing my skin to freeze, I take the art supplies beside Inuyasha and I take out my charcoal stick and paper. I put it on my lap and I lift my head up.

"What are you drawing?" Inuyasha asks me.

"I still haven't thought up of anything yet." I answer back.

"Well, try drawing yourself." Inuyasha adds.

Drawing myself, I lower my head and I glide my hand along the smooth paper.

"I can't draw myself." I reply quietly.

"You can't draw yourself? I find that hard to believe. You can draw landscapes and other people but you can't draw yourself? Now why is that?" Inuyasha asks me with a tone of curiosity.

"I wish I knew, I know it's my face but I can't seem to draw myself no matter how much I try. Then again, when we look at others, we can see them perfectly and accurately. The only person that we can't see clearly are ourselves, in this era besides the clear water and well made mirrors we barely can see what we look like. Besides, I haven't seen what I look like in years. Perhaps...that's the reason why." I answer as my eyes wonder around aimlessly again.

Inuyasha doesn't say anything but I hear him breathing, I clear my throat and smile.

"It doesn't matter anyway, drawing myself isn't important. I can't see so even if I keep it it would be pointless." I say quietly clearing my throat.

"Well how about trying it now, and see how it will turn out." Inuyasha suggests all of a sudden.

I lift my head at his words, I just can't draw myself because he wants me to.

"How?" I ask him.

"Here, turn your face towards me." He says.

"Like this?" I ask him turning my head towards him.

"I'll touch your facial structures and I'll describe what you look like. Just like how you draw other people." He says.

I feel my chest becoming light as he said that, he's willing to help me draw myself. I subtly smile and nod as I can't seem to say anything. I then feel his hand on each side of my face, his warm hands caress my face in a slight roughly manner, but I can't blame him since it's his personality. Hs fingers and sharp nails glides along the skin on my face, he traces my jawline, my nose, and he feels my eyes and forehead. He then proceed to describe what I look like, the size of my eyes, nose, height of my nose bridge and everything. I feel my hand moving the charcoal stick across the paper and drawing out shapes and shading here and there, as I listen to his words I can almost visualize what I look like in great details. I have felt my own face before but it was only broad and general, the basic. But Inuyasha, he described everything that he saw. He described and I drew. I know that I can't see but unlike before, I feel my eyes staying in one place. Straight ahead, straight at Inuyasha. I can feel his warm breath in front of me as he talked, how I wish that I can see those amber eyes in front of me, looking at my face and describing what he sees. Which is me. His hands caresses my face here and there as he observes, the warmth lingering on my face. I wish that his hand can continue to hold my face, but I know it's not possible. After a while I finish sketching, Inuyasha has told me everything there is. As I put the charcoal stick down, I feel his hands starting to leave my face. Without realizing it, my free hand comes up and I place it on top of his right hand. I feel his hands stop moving.

"Thanks for doing this for me. It means a lot." I say to him in a slightly dazed voice.

"Ya...well... an artist should be able to draw themselves or they shouldn't be considered an artist. I just saved you from embarrassment and disgrace." Inuyasha replies clearing his throat.

I smile and I look down, I found my senses again. I let his hand go, because I know it's not right.

"Thanks for saving me from that disgrace, how did it turn out?" I ask him.

I hear the paper rustle as he takes it, there's a brief moment of silence.

"I think my description was on point, it looks just like you." Inuyasha replies with a huff.

I smile, Inuyasha is pretty straightforward with his thoughts so if he says that it looks like me, then I accomplished something that I couldn't do in years. I couldn't do it before, until today, and it's all thanks to Inuyasha. I feel my feelings overwhelming slightly inside my chest.

"Inuyasha?" I say his name.

"Ya?" He answers back.

"If you don't mind me asking, and if it feels uncomfortable for you, you don't have to answer. But, since opening up your inner most feelings to me about your past, have you ever considered of placing those remaining love for Kagome into someone else?" Finally asking him the big question.

I hear Inuyasha gasp slightly, very quietly I have to strain my ears to hear. At the same time, I can hear a faint chime from the bell necklace. He must have shifted his neck slightly to cause a chime like that. I hold my breath as I wait.

"No, I haven't considered anything like that. I'm working on moving on from Kagome, but I don't think I'll shift my love for her onto someone else that easily. Besides, I have closed myself off from loving anyone else. It's been like that for quite a while now." Inuyasha goes on to explain.

I feel my chest ache, I won't stand a chance then. Inuyasha has shut himself away from loving someone because he wants to keep his remaining love solely for Kagome.

"I see. It's good to hear that you are trying to move on from the past, but you should never forget the love for the one that is dearest to you. You tend to shut away something that has hurt you, and in this situation was love. I just hope that in time you can learn to love again." I say returning to my dazed tone as I feel myself getting lost in my feelings.

Inuyasha doesn't respond, the quietness pulling me deeper into my feelings. Suddenly I feel my wrist move and the chiming of the bell rings through the field, I blink and I come back to my senses.

"You started daydreaming again. As for what you said... Time can only tell, maybe one day I can learn to love again. Or maybe I can't. Now, do some more sketches." Inuyasha says bringing me back to reality.

"And what are you going to do?" I ask him in return.

"I don't know, sit here, look at the scenery or something. You don't have to worry about me, you do your own stuff and I'll do mine." He replies with a yawn.

"Alright." I answer him with a smile.

I then turn towards the front again, and away from him. I grab another paper and I start drawing, I hear Inuyasha's kimono rustling next to me and the gentle chimes of the bell. The two of us just sat in the field for minutes as we both do our own things, the charcoal glides on the paper and and it fills my ears. Although I'm drawing, my mind is occupied by endless thoughts. To be honest I don't even know what I'm drawing, probably scribbles or something. Inuyasha has shut his heart off from the world and only kept a part of it on for Kagome, he is preventing himself from loving anyone else. Thinking of that pains me, my feelings for him has reached a dead end and I can't find a way to release it to the open. I only have a month and a half left almost, I have helped Inuyasha start to slowly move on from Kagome, but I don't think I'll be able to unlock his heart and help him to love again before I leave. I feel my hands slowly stop moving, I close my eyes hoping to stop the thoughts. I then feel something land on my right shoulder, a ring of the bell accompanies it. I open my eyes in surprise, it feels pretty heavy. I then feel silk like strands landing on my arm that isn't covered by my kimono sleeve, a few strands tickles my cheek. I then feel something fluffy twitching next to my ear from the gentle swooshes of the air. I hear snoring, could it be? Inuyasha fell asleep. He must have fallen asleep from the quietness and not doing anything, I can hear his rhythmic breathing and his shoulder grazing against my arm going up and down. I smile knowing that he's at peace right now, without knowing, my left hand comes up and gently touches his right cheek. His flawless smooth skin glides along my fingertips, I feel his dog ear twitching again. I then dare to rest my palm gently against his cheek, the gentle warmth of his face is cupped within the palm of my hand. How I wish I can treasure this warmth, I feel a single tear come down my face.

"How I wish you could see that there is someone else in this world that loves you besides Kagome. If only you can see my true feelings hidden behind my concealed eyes that wishes so deeply to see your amber ones." I say in my mind.

I take a deep breath and I reluctantly take my hand off of his face, the warmth leaving immediately. I then lower my hand back onto the paper. Inuyasha is still snoring away.

"But I will abandon that wish of mine, because I know, by the time that I leave, your heart will still be locked away and will only beat for Kagome." I think in my mind.

Inuyasha's ears twitches again, but he doesn't stir. Although I feel Inuyasha sleeping next to me with his head on my shoulder, and his warmth evident. But I feel the Winter air overpowering that warmth at this moment, and it's seeping into the cracks of my heart. They say that the eye tells the truth, but I'll be concealing mine with lies. Lies to hide my true feelings just beneath my irises.