A Close Lost

The Beauty of Senses ~ Inuyasha X Reader

We finally return back to the village a bit longer than when we got to the forest, Since I couldn't see, I could only listen. Inuyasha's breathing seem to be a bit heavy as he ran. He said he was fine, so I just assume that that fight with the demon worn him out slightly. I hold tightly to his hand as he guides the two of us to the big hut, I can hear talking as we near the entrance, Shippo and Sango's voices. I hear the curtain lift and then the smell of delicious food and warm atmosphere.

"You two are back, how was your day?" I hear Miroku asking us.

"It was alright for most of the time." I reply back with a sigh.

"Most of the time? What happened?" Sango asks concerned.

The two of us sits down at the table, Inuyasha guiding me down, I didn't let go of his hand the whole time.

"Well we had a leisure time, but then a demon ruined it. I got rid of it." Inuyasha replies.

"I see, I'm glad to see that you're both not hurt, get some rest afterwards. You two had a long day." Miroku says.

"Yea, especially for Inuyasha, he saved me and fought off the demon. I'm kind of worried about him to be honest, how is he?" I ask the others.

"Well, Inuyasha seems fine, you want us to body check him for any injuries?" Shippo asks.

"That would be great, please be my eyes." I nod.

"Don't you guys touch me, I'll bite you. I'm fine, leave me alone." Inuyasha grumbles.

I let out a frustrated sigh, but I let it go. We start eating, I tried my best to put my worries for Inuyasha off to the side. Afterwards, Inuyasha guides me back to our shared hut. I hear the wooden door open and Inuyasha leading me inside, the door closes and I let go of Inuyasha's hand. I hear him walk to the middle of the room and flop down onto the futon with the sound of the fabric shifting. I take off my kimono, and put on my night wear. I then walk to the centre of the room and find the futon with my feet, I then descend down and I can feel Inuyasha's presence in front of me. His breathing is slightly heavy.

"Inuyasha, you're breathing seems heavy, I'm worried." I tell him again.

"__________, trust me I'm fine, I just ran a bit much today and overused my energy. I'll be fine in the morning, you worry too much. Let's get to bed." Inuyasha says taking my hand into his.

I noticed that his hand seems a bit colder than it was, now I'm even more worried. I squeeze his hand, and I sigh.


"Look Inuyasha, I'm going to tell you how I'm feeling right now truthfully. I'm worried Inuyasha, I'm very worried about you. After that fight with the demon, you seemed different, more tired, and now your hands are colder than how it was." I tell him.

"I know________ but really, I'm alright. I'm just a bit tired, a good night's rest will be alright." Inuyasha says assuring me.

I shake my head in disagreement.

"Inuyasha, I'm not just worried, I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated that I can't see, I'm frustrated that I couldn't help you against that demon. I'm frustrated that I can't see any injuries that you might have sustained. I'm frustrated at myself that I wondered off aimlessly because I couldn't see." I add on.

I feel Inuyasha's free hand on my cheek as he caresses it, I can feel faint warmth.

"I know how you feel, like I said, I'm fine. A good night's rest will be fine. I'll be good as new and back to the annoying demon that you know. Worrying too much isn't good for you. Now come on, our day off got ruined by that demon, so I would like the two of us to at least go to bed without and interruptions." Inuyasha tells me.

Inuyasha then pulls me into his broad chest, his long hair brushes against my face. I close my eyes and I hug him tightly. I can smell his scent as it fills my nose, I don't want to lose Inuyasha. I just hope that what he says will be right, he will wake up as the annoying jerk of a demon that I know, the demon that I fell in love with. Inuyasha descends the two of us down onto the soft futon, my arms are tight around Inuyasha's strong back. I take a deep breath and bury my face against his collar bone, I feel his big hands going down my back to comfort me. I let my mind empty out and slowly drift off, I can hear Inuyasha's steady snoring above me. It tells me that Inuyasha is alright and that he's just tired, it calms me down a bit. In time, I drift off. I don't know how much time has passed but I regain consciousness, I can faintly hear crickets outside chirping still. I suppose only a few hours or so has gone by, I can feel Inuyasha beside me, just how we were. I focus my hearing on his breathing, I furrow my brows as I listen. Something doesn't sound right, he sounds laboured. I bring my left hand up and put it underneath his nose, it feels slightly dry. The air coming out of his nose is weak, I then take his hand and feel them, slightly cold. My heart is starting to beat faster in worry.

"Inuyasha?" I call his name.

He doesn't respond, now I'm really worried. His snoring has stopped and he's breathing pretty fast, something is definitely not right. I prop myself up and push him onto his back gently and I shake him.

"Inuyasha? Inuyasha wake up!" I start to say louder.

I hear him groan, he sounds like he's in pain. I touch his face, he's sweating. I then slip my functional hand underneath his head and I pull him into my lap and I cradle him. My heart is beating loud and fast that I can hear it through my ears. I continue to shake him.

"Inuyasha wake up! What's wrong?!" I shout at him.

He isn't responding properly, my eyes are wandering around frantically. I feel up his arms and chest, I lift his sleeves up and feel his skin. I can't seem to find any kind of injury, no cuts or breaks in the skin. What is happening? I can't just stay here, I need to get Sango and Miroku. Inuyasha's a demon, this isn't right. I kiss him on the lips, and I gently lay him back down. I put the blanket back on him.

"I'm going to go get Sango and Miroku, hold on Inuyasha." I tell him with fear.

I kiss his hand and I get up, I feel the walls until I find the front door, I fling open the door and I go down the steps, almost tripping. Right now, my mind is an absolute mess. I need to help Inuyasha but I can't, only Sango and Miroku can. As I walk through the quiet village, my mind is in fear. I remember where Miroku and Sango's hut his, I have to occasionally stop and feel for my surroundings. Eventually I get there, or at least in the area.

"Miroku! Sango! I need your help!" I shout in the night.

I continue to shout, until I hear a wooden door opening on my far right.

"_____________? What's wrong? What happened?" Sango's voice surfaces as she takes hold of my arm.

"Sango, something's wrong with Inuyasha and I don't know what it is. He's sweating and he's shivering, his body temperature is dropping too!" I tell her frantically.

"It's alright___________, let's go back and see what's going on. Sango take your time back with___________, I'll go ahead." I hear Miroku say to us.

"Alright." Sango replies back.

I then hear Miroku's footsteps and his staff rattling as he walks away. I feel like crying, I feel Sango's comforting hands holding me.

"Come on________, let's go back to Inuyasha and see what's wrong with him." Sango tells me with a determined voice.

I nod my head in response, Sango then guides me back towards Inuyasha's hut. Since I have someone here beside me, it's much faster. Our footsteps crunches on the sandy ground, then it turns into wood. I put my hand against the wooden exterior of the hut, and I hear Sango open the door. It feels warm slightly, I assume Miroku lit some candles. I can hear fabrics rustling.

"Miroku, what's wrong with Inuyasha?" Sango asks me.

She helps me sit on the futon, I put my hands out in front of me and I feel rough long hair. I then feel up the hair and I feel soft dog ears, I caress them knowing that's Inuyasha. My heart aches knowing that he isn't responding, but I can hear his heavy breathing.

"I took off his kimono and checked his body, it looks like he got bitten by something on his right forearm. He seems to be poisoned by the symptoms. They look like a bite of a snake." Miroku tells us.

"That stubborn dog, he hid it from us." Sango sighs.

Why didn't he tell me? And us? Why didn't he tell me that he was bitten? Why did he hide it from me? Whatever the reason may be, I'm more mad at myself. I'm mad at myself that I couldn't see the bite and his symptoms. I feel a tear fall from my face.

"It's alright___________, I'm sure Inuyasha will pull through it. He is a demon after all, it doesn't seem like whatever bit him is normal, it must be the demon that he fought. The poison is moving up his arm and has reached almost to his chest area, we need to remove the poison as soon as possible." Miroku tells us again.

"How can we remove the poison in him by ourselves, it will take forever." I ask him.

"I think this is a situation that we need to call for Myoga." Sango says.

"Myoga?" I ask them confused.

"Yes He's a demon. I'll go get Shippo and ask him to get Myoga." Miroku says.

I hear him get up with his staff chiming, and then walking out of the hut. I lean down and kiss Inuyasha' forehead, he is still sweating, his breath is laboured but he's still alive.

"Keep your faith___________, Myoga will be able to remove the majority of the poison from Inuyasha's body. The rest will be up to Inuyasha himself to fight it off. We just have to hold on till Myoga gets here." Sango tells me taking my hand.

"Really? What kind of demon is Myoga?" I ask her concerned.

"Myoga is a flea demon, and like what fleas do, they blood. Myoga will be able to out the blood containing the poison in his bloodstream, and then hopefully Inuyasha's body will be able to produce new blood and wash out the remaining poison." Sango explains to me.

I nod my head in understanding, Sango lets go of my hands and I find Inuyasha's big hands. I hold them with my functional hand, they were slightly limp. I squeeze them and I can feel him squeezing back very very softly, it tells me that he's fighting it. Sango and I try our best to make Inuyasha feel comfortable as we wait for Myoga, time passes. I feel my mind going numb slightly but I know I can't sleep, the man that I love is fighting for his life. Besides, Sango, Miroku, and Shippo are doing what they can to help save Inuyasha, something that I can't really help with because of my lost of sight. How I hated myself for that, I got Inuyasha into this situation because of my blindness. Sango and I try our best to keep Inuyasha comfortable and what we can to extract the poison in his system, although it's mostly Sango doing the work. I can hear Inuyasha's heavy breathing, The most that I can do is hold his hand and assist Sango with the easy things. Time goes by but I can't see the sun rising, my mind feels numb but I can't sleep. How can I when Inuyasha is in this state. Hours goes by I assume, when I hear footsteps outside.

"Sango, I think someone is here." I say to her.

"Must be Miroku, hopefully Myoga is here." Sango says getting up.


She lets out a tired groan as she stands up, after sitting and kneeling for so long, your legs will go numb. I hear her walk to the door and open it up, I stand up as well. I hear the chimes of metal, it must be Miroku's staff.

"Miroku you're back, Myoga it's good to see you again." I hear Sango say.

Myoga is here? Is it true.

"Nice to see you again Sango, Miroku and Shippo had told me what has happened to Inuyasha, that stubborn dog." An unfamiliar voice says with a tongue click.

I analyzed his voice, Myoga sounds old but his voice is high and rasp. A bit airy almost as if he's not even there, very light and bouncy. I then hear light thuds coming closer and stopping in front of me.

"You must be__________." The voice says below me.

I lower my head and my eyes wonder around.

"Nice to meet you Lord Myoga." I say with a bow.

"No need to bow to me, Inuyasha is my master, I'm just a flea demon." Myoga says with kindness in his voice.

"Thank you for coming here, please save Inuyasha, help us remove the poison." I beg him.


"You don't need to ask, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and you_________, go rest, I'll handle it from here." Myoga says.

"Thank you Myoga, let us know when it's done." Miroku says.

"Will do." Myoga replies.

"I'm going to stay, Inuyasha and I share this place together now." I tell him.

"Watch over Inuyasha___________,Give him a good scolding when he recovers." Sango says to me.


I nod, I then hear the three of them walk out and the door close. I sit back down and I find Inuyasha's hand again.

"__________, if you don't mind, can you open up Master Inuyasha's kimono covering his chest, I will out the blood closest to his heart." Myoga says.

"Of course." I reply back immediately.

I glide my hand on Inuyasha's chest until I find the collar of his kimono and open it up, I can barely feel his body heat anymore.

"Thank you__________. I will be done soon." Myoga assure me.

I nod, I then hear him lightly land on Inuyasha and then a very light sound of puncture, then sounds. It is rhythmic and consistent, like drinking liquid. I have no idea how big Myoga is but his power is strong, well he is a demon so it shouldn't be surprising. After about a minute or two the stops, I then feel something touch my hand, I pull back upon instinct. It felt like fabric.

"Myoga are you alright?" I ask him.

I feel the air in front of me shift slightly, movements. Then a groan and a burp.

"Yes, I'm alright and full. I never get old of drinking canine blood." Myoga says almost as if he's about to explode and slightly tipsy.

"Please don't over stuff yourself, how is Inuyasha? How long will it be till he recovers?" I ask him.

"Well I out the majority of his blood containing the poison, I didn't him completely dry so he won't die. As a demon, Inuyasha should be able to produce more blood and recover quickly, the majority of the poison are gone so his immune system should be able to flush out the remaining poison. It will be about another day or two." Myoga tells me.

"Thank you Myoga, thank you so much!" I tell him with a bow.

"No thanks are needed, keeping Inuyasha safe was my job, but it looks like you have taken that place. Even though it was Kagome at first." Myoga says.

I lower my gaze, and I sigh.

"Yes, It was Kagome, Inuyasha went through a lot of pain and sadness after she passed. After meeting Inuyasha, I wanted to understand him." I go on to explain.

"He must have been a tough nut to crack." Myoga says with a chuckle.

"Indeed he was, but I managed, and along the way of that process, I fell in love with him. Inuyasha says that he let his past go and now loves me back." I tell him with a smile.

"Yes, Inuyasha is as stubborn as can be, but to hear that he has moved on from his past and opened up his heart again must have taken a lot of effort and time." Myoga tells me with kindness in his voice.

"Time was a given, but I never saw it as bothersome. It was a task I took up to help Inuyasha, but after falling in love with Inuyasha I never saw it as a task anymore, it was me trying to understand him on an emotional level and try to help him find happiness again. I'm glad that I succeeded." I say reminiscing the past.

"To imagine Inuyasha to fall in love with another human, you must be special." He says.

I shake my head.

"There's nothing special about me, I'm pretty normal. Besides I put him in this situation" I tell him with a chuckle.

"On the outside maybe, but if you can pull a demon out from his own despair, that is more than special. I noticed that you are unable to see as your eyes wonder around. A lost of sense can make a person become incapable of something, but you are able to carry on through life as if nothing happened. Of course, with struggles but seems as if it's just a normal thing. That, is admirable. You did not put Inuyasha in this situation, the demon may have been waiting the whole time. I'm glad to know that it wasn't you who was bitten by the snake demon, if it was you, I can't imagine the pain and lost that Inuyasha will go through again. As a demon, Inuyasha was able to withstand the poison for a long duration, long enough to get help and remove the poison. If it was you, you would have died within minutes. Just now that Inuyasha is out of the dark now. " Myoga assure me.

I raise my head and let my eyes wonder around again, I can't help but smile. I suppose I should see that about myself, a strong person with a strong will. I suppose Myoga is right, if it was me, I would have put Inuyasha in more pain and the feeling of lost again. I don't want that. 

"Thank you, I just wish that I can see Inuyasha's face again. I remember when I saw his face years before, his golden amber eyes were so bright and vivid, they were beautiful. His long white hair and dog ears made him special. Until his stinky attitude made him less attractive, until I knew why. I can only remember the distinct details of Inuyasha, but not his face. I just wish that I can see him again, have my sight back." I tell him with an nostalgic tone.

I hear Myoga sigh.

"Thank you for dealing with Inuyasha's feral attitude, and not giving up on him. Please take care of Inuyasha for the years to come. I wish that you can regain your sight again one day in the future, but if not, do not be sad. What you don't have, others makes up for it. Not being able to see, you can feel genuine feelings from the other person. Never see the things that you are missing as something of a demise, but instead be thankful because of all the other things that you do have. Please look after Inuyasha___________, I have to move around a bit and get my digestive system working to digestive all this blood. Do you mind helping me get to the door?" Myoga says with groan.

"Thank you for the talk Myoga, and of course." I reply back with a smile.

I then reach down to find Myoga, and I met with a ball shaped form. I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Myoga is this...." I start out.

"Yes, I have bloated up, if you can just...roll me to the door that will be great." Myoga says with a chuckle.

I smile at the realization, I then use my two hands to push, or in this case, roll Myoga towards the door with him guiding me. I open the wooden door for him and I give him a push, I hear him bounce down the stairs.

"Thank you again Myoga!" I give him a shout.

"No thank needed, take care." He responds back.

I then hear him bounce away, I can't help but let out a chuckle. I close the door and I return back to Inuyasha, I listen to him. His breathing has slowed down, becoming more quiet. But I know he's alive, and he's recovering. I take hold of his hand again with my functional one, he's still slightly cold, but I can feel a weak pulse. I bring his hand up and I kiss the back of his hand gently, I sit there and I wait. Eventually I feel fatigue take over me, so I lay down beside Inuyasha after covering him up again. I rest my forehead against his left shoulder and I close my eyes that has been open for hours. I let out a sigh and my heart slightly aches, it aches knowing that Inuyasha was in danger hours ago. I keep the hope and faith that Inuyasha will be back to himself again in no time, I let my hand glide along his long hair. Slightly rough and not as smooth as it was when he's healthy. Although It's been a day but it felt like forever, I miss his voice and his warmth. Eventually my thoughts overtake my mind and I fall asleep.