Mistake 2

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2013

Night club

 

After the shock, he heard from his husband, or let’s say soon to be ex-husband, Sunggyu found himself at the closest bar near the restaurant. Returning to their apartment was a difficult thing to do now; Dongwoo might be there, and judging from his husband’s character, his lover Howon might also be there.

Sunggyu just realized he spent all these years working and spending money on their expenses that he doesn’t have any savings, he honestly didn’t want to take the money Dongwoo gave him but how else he’ll survive later. The house Dongwoo bought back in Seoul was entirely from his savings and money; he made sure not to use the younger’s money, making sure Sunggyu won’t have the right to ask for his right living in that house, Dongwoo wasn’t stupid. And it made Sunggyu question himself whether his husband planned it from the beginning of their marriage or not.

 

“Give me your strongest drink.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Two glasses.”

“But-”

Sunggyu slammed the money his husband gave him on the table, “NOW!”

The bartender shrugged, not caring, as long as he is paying, he’ll serve him drinks until he has enough, “Here you go, sir, enjoy.”

“Thanks.”

Sunggyu made a face drinking the first sip from his drink, this is strong, but he wasn’t going to stop there, he forced himself to continued drinking until someone stopped him taking the glass from him, and as a result, Sunggyu coughed unable to handle more of that drink.

The stranger caressed Sunggyu’s back gently, “You shouldn’t be drinking that fast; it’s a strong drink.”

“ off,” Sunggyu pushed the hand off him and took back his drink, “And who said you could touch me!!!”

“If you continue like that, you won’t be able to control who touches you; I’m just saying.”

Sunggyu continued drinking, “Why do you care anyway!!!”

“I don’t I’m just bored and trying to make a conversation with a stranger because I don’t want to be judged by my friends,” Sunggyu followed where the stranger was pointing at, he had his friends gathered on a table drinking too.

“Are you celebrating something?”

The guy clicked his glass with Sunggyu’s, “I passed my Ph.D. exam; you’re looking at the future Kindergarten Seonsaeng-nim.”

“A teacher?”

“Hmm, just one more year, and I’ll fly back home.”

“Congratulation, then.”

“Thanks.”

Sunggyu looked at the guy next to him, confused, he doesn’t look happy, “What’s wrong then?”

“My boyfriend cheated on me,” he then sipped from his drink, “Four times.”

Sunggyu chuckled bitterly and continued to drink, “Okay.”

“What do you mean, okay!!! I’m a heartbroken man!! Show some sympathy.” 

“You’re weird.”

He really wanted to yell at him, but somehow the boy holding that glass drinking seemed in deep , “What about you? What’s your story?”

“I don’t share my personal life with strangers.”

“Woohyun,” Woohyun offered his hand, “Nam Woohyun, I’m 25.”

“You’re still a stranger, dude.”

“Haven’t you heard of friends at first sight?”

“That’s love at first sight!”

“Same thing, don’t they all end up in love later? So, it’s technically friends at first sight.”

Sunggyu smiled, shaking his head, and boy Woohyun wished he never did, “Is that a confession!”

“Only fate will determine our future young man.”

“That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.”

“Well, thank you. It’s my talent.”

“Huh?”

“Making random handsome boys smile,” Woohyun poked Sunggyu’s cheek, “You’re handsome, it’s a complement take it and thank me.”

“What was your name again?”

“Woohyun,” Woohyun offered his hand again, “And you?”

Sunggyu took the offered hand, “Kim Sunggyu, 23.”

“Then I’m your Hyung!!!! We can be friends; then I’ll call you Sunggyu then.”

“Whatever.”

Woohyun nudged Sunggyu to get his attention, “So? What’s your story? Dumped too?”

Sunggyu shook his head, “Worse.”

“We have all night; you can tell me I won’t judge.”

“I left med school to support my husband’s career; he is a doctor too, a big surgeon.”

“There are only two well-known Korean surgeons here, Jang Dongwoo and Lee Howon, Dr. Jang is the one married, so that makes you-”

“Bingo.”

“!!! You’re his husband!!!”

“Soon, ex-husband,” Sunggyu showed the papers to Woohyun, “We’re getting a divorce.”

Woohyun frowned, not getting it, “Didn’t you say you left med school to help him?”

“Yup.”

“So, without you, he wouldn’t be able to be this successful.”

“Ani, he is smart; I can’t take all the credits just because I was stupid and made wrong choices in the past.”

“So, did you cheat on him? What did you do?”

“Nothing,” Sunggyu sipped again from his drink, “I did nothing.”

“I don’t understand then, didn’t he tell you why?”

“He did,” Sunggyu finished his drink, “More, please.”

“Yah, you had enough.”

“Did you know what he told me?” Sunggyu got up to leave, holding an empty glass. “He said a big surgeon wouldn’t fit in a relationship with someone without a degree, and you know what he is right; I’m nothing now, no degree no money, no job, and here I am drinking with the money he gave me pitying me!! How pathetic I can be!!!!!”

Woohyun stopped Sunggyu from walking away, pulling him to sit back again, “Sign these papers then.”

“I’m too scared to do it!!”

“Do it, start all over, and prove him wrong!”

“But-”

Woohyun gave Sunggyu a pen, “He isn’t worth your sacrifice, you don’t need him.”

Sunggyu took the pen and looked at Woohyun’s eyes one more time before he did it, which was the hardest thing to do, his hand was shaking none stop as he signed the papers, aside from being drunk the fear of failing now that he has nothing scared him.

“Now what?”

Woohyun smiled, “Now you start living, it’s not too late,” he then got up, “Let me invite you for a cup of tea, it will help you, I live at the apartment above this bar.”

Sunggyu didn’t know whether it was right or wrong to follow that guy upstairs; he doesn’t know anything about him expect of his name, which could be a lie too. But that night, he needed company, and Woohyun happened to be around offering his services.

 

 

 

Woohyun’s apartment

 

Woohyun offered a towel and clean clothes for Sunggyu, “Go take a warm shower; I’ll prepare snacks along with the tea.”

“T-Thanks.”

 

The place didn’t feel right; there was something off about it Sunggyu knew the minute he stepped in that he made another mistake how could he accept a stranger invitation!! And it’s not like he doesn’t have any friends here, he has Sungjong, Myungsoo and the café’s Ajusshi! Wouldn’t it be safer to be around them instead of here drunk!!!

 

“You’re finally done,” Woohyun gestured for Sunggyu to come closer and have a seat next to him on the sofa, he isn’t going to lie Woohyun was right that shower was needed, “Do you feel better?”

Sunggyu nodded, taking the offered hot cup of tea, “Thanks.”

Sunggyu’s mobile started to ring, and from the caller ID name, Woohyun knew it was his husband, “Are you going to answer him?”

“…”

“Maybe he is sorry and wants to apologize.”

“I don’t think so.”

“It won’t harm to answer him, right?”

Wrong, Woohyun was wrong, “Hello.”

“Where are you????”

“O-Out, with a friend.”

“Sungjong? Myungsoo? I’ll pick you up.”

“Why? I thought we’re over!”

“We are, but still, we have a flight tomorrow.”

“I’m not coming back with you.”

“Now that’s childish, what will you do here?”

“…”

“That’s what I thought, come on, what will I tell mom when she asks about you, huh?”

“Hyung, I-,” Sunggyu didn’t get to continue hearing Howon’s voice in the background, asking Dongwoo to come to bed, “Dr Howon is sleeping over!!!”

“Of course, he is my fiancé.”

“We’re not divorced yet!! Couldn’t you wait!!!!!”

Sunggyu wanted to die hearing Dongwoo laughs, “We’re grown-ups I think you and I both know the situation by now.”

“Don’t ever call me again; we’re over.”

“Sunggyu- wai-”

Sunggyu didn’t let the elder continue and hang up, “I’m sorry, man, I didn’t know he already has someone else.”

“It’s the other famous doctor, Lee Howon.”

“I see,” Woohyun sighed, feeling bad for Sunggyu, “Is there anything I can do?”

“Sleep with me.”

“W-What!! Yah, no go to bed; you’re obviously still drunk.”

Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s hand before he walks away, he knew to ask such a thing was selfish another mistake, but he wanted to punish his husband and what better way to do it than sleeping with another guy while they’re still married!

“Please, I’m asking you for a favor.”

“I don’t sleep with strangers; we just met.”

“You said we’re friends at first sight!!!”

“And you believed that? I thought you’re too smart to fall for that.”

“Fine.”

Sunggyu got up and walked to the door, leaving, “wait, where are you going?’

“I’ll find someone from the bar and sleep with him.”

Woohyun blocked Sunggyu’s way out, “This is dangerous you might catch a disease, or this guy might be crazy and kill you.”

“I don’t care I have nothing to lose, nothing!”

Woohyun pulled Sunggyu between his arms feeling bad for him, he didn’t know what it was, but there was something about that boy between his arms “That’s suicide.”

“Nobody will miss me, that’s okay.”

“What about your parents?”

“Dead.”

“Family?”

“Stopped answering my calls when I got married.”

Woohyun caressed Sunggyu’s hair warmly, feeling bad for him, “Araso, I’ll sleep with you but promise me one thing.” Sunggyu closed his eyes with Woohyun leaned forward, nipping his lips, “Don’t do this again, you got lucky today, and I found you, but you don’t know who you’ll meet next time you want to do an adventure.”

 

 

 

Woohyun opened his eyes to an empty side; of course, he’ll leave. Woohyun wished at least he got his number to call and check on him from time to time, but all he got was a thank you and apology note.

The door to his apartment opened and then shut loudly; judging from the way the door was shut, Woohyun knew who it was, “Leave Sungyeol, you’re drunk!!!”

“I’m drunk because you~~~~~ Mr won’t forgive me.”

“The hell I won’t!”

“My boy~~~~~,” Sungyeol, a tallboy who was drunk, threw himself next to Woohyun on the bed, “You promised to stay by my side forever.”

“That’s before you cheated on me!!!! Four ing times!!!”

“Come on, ~~~; you knew this was coming!!!! You won’t sleep with me, of course, I’ll find someone else to .”

“Was that soon to be a doctor that hot to cheat on me with!!!”

Sungyeol gave it a little thought then nodded with a big smile remembering that guy’s face, “Hmm~~~, he is beautiful.”

Woohyun shook his head, getting of bed to get his friend a towel, then threw it on him, “Go shower, you smell bad.”

“Hyunie~~~~~~,” Sungyeol squeezed his friend in a tight hug, “I knew dating you weren’t wrong, you’re still my friend even though I cheated on you, multiple times~~~.”

“Cursed, I guess, I shouldn’t date my best friend, lesson learned.”

“So, are we good?”

“Of course.”

“Still dating?”

“Hell no.”

“Good, then I’ll ask that boy out.”

Woohyun pushed his friend on the bed then threw a pillow at him, “You son of a , I can’t believe we’re friends.”

Sungyeol chuckled but then stopped realizing the situation here, “Why are you ?”

Woohyun had a blanket wrapped around his waist when he left the bed, “no reason.”

“You never sleep .”

“I do- sometime?”

“, you just got laid!!!!” Sungyeol laughed, “Omg, who was it!!!!!”

“…”

“Tell me you didn’t now pick up a random dude from the bar and slept with him?”

“Kind of?”

“You are so naïve!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter