Mistake 7

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2013

 

Two days later

Seoul

Yadong’s House

 

Ever since they returned from Dongwoo’s parents’ house, things weren’t the same between the two. Dongwoo was on his phone 24/7 as if he is waiting for someone’s message while Howon stayed still watching silently as he waited for his husband to tell him what’s on his head and hopefully it’s not what he’s thinking of ‘Sunggyu’.

 

“Honey.”

Howon closed the book he’s reading and immediately gave him his attention, “Yes, baby?”

Dongwoo gestured for his husband to come closer, and he did without thinking twice, and snuggled between his husband’s arms “I want to pass by my parents’ house this evening.”

“Sure, I don’t have anything this evening we can go.”

“I meant alone”, Howon nodded backing from Dongwoo’s hold, “I just want to clear things between us, I don’t want to drag you into this mess.”

“Hmm, Araso.”

“Honey~, are you mad at me?”

“Why would I be mad!”

“Sunggyu is still there; I don’t want to make things worse; my parents are already mad at Him.”

Dongwoo knew his parents wouldn’t kick Sunggyu out, they would be mad and probably accept Howon, but that’s it, they won’t give up on Sunggyu.

Howon scoffed, “Since when you care about his feelings!! The way you divorced him doesn’t show any sign of care.”

“That’s different, Sunggyu will always be- you know we grew up together I looked after him.”

“OMG, shut up!!!!” Howon finally snapped, “If you love him so much, why did you divorce him?????”

Dongwoo held Howon’s hand, bringing him back between his arms, “I love you, and only you.”

“Well, recently, your behaviour says otherwise.”

“Never question my feelings, Honey. I just had a lot of things going on my feelings for you didn’t change and it won’t ever change.”

“And Sunggyu?”

“I told you, I grew up with him, please understand.”

“I thought you hated him.”

“I’m mad at him for cheating on me for not accepting our divorce maturely, for killing my son without even talking about it with me!”

“Hmm, he made wrong chooses.”

“And hid things from me, he even gave me an attitude the last time I saw him at the café before the divorce! Who know Sunggyu might’ve cheated on before I even broke up with him.”

“He is young I’m sure that man he cheated on you with is the reason behind all of it.”

Dongwoo grinned pecking Howon’s lips, “See!! I knew you’d understand.”

“I mean yeah, you helped to raise him too, I understand the bond.”

“So, do I get your approval to go tonight?”

Howon nodded with a smile, “Hmm, sure.”

 

 

 

The Jang House

 

“Where is Woohyun?” Mr Jang asked watching the game on TV with Sunggyu, the latter been lazing on the couch next to his father after having sudden stomach pain, though for 14 weeks he was okay he didn’t even feel that he’s carrying a baby, “Here eat some fruit.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Eat.”

“Appa~~, stop I can’t eat.”

“Leave the boy alone”, Mrs Jang joined them “Shouldn’t Woohyun be here already? You’re in pain, shouldn’t he be taking care of you?”

“Uma, Uma~~~, I’m fine, and I came here because I miss you and dad not to spend it with him.”

“Aww~~, Sunggyu, son I love you.”

“I love you more Uma, besides he has parents too you know.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“A little discomfort other than that I’m okay”, Sunggyu then added knowing his mother is dying to know where is Woohyun, “Woohyun Hyung has a family dinner tonight, I told him to go alone because I don’t feel well.”

“You did good, you stay and rest with your father and me.”

Sunggyu yawned, dropping his head on the couch pillow, “I’m sleepy, can I sleep here, my room is too far.”

“Aigo~~, you became lazy”, Mrs Jang chuckled when Sunggyu placed the pillow on his father’s lap to sleep on it, “Araso, you’re pregnant I’ll let it pass.”

“Let my son sleep, Honey; I can’t hear the game!”

“It isn’t about Sunggyu sleeping; you just want to watch the game!!”

Mr Jang grinned, “If my woman doesn’t know me well then I don’t know who.”

“Appa, you do know I’m still her favourite, so drop the sweet talk.”

Mrs Jang chuckled, “I think your son knows me better than you.”

“Yah! You’re supposed to be on my side!! You’re sleeping my lap for god’s sake.”

 

One hour later, the living room became quiet once Sunggyu fell asleep only the TV sound, which wasn’t a problem to Sunggyu he sleeps everywhere and anywhere, which was a blessing. Mrs Jang prepared snacks for Sunggyu just in case he woke up hungry, she isn’t fond of the way he lost his cheeks back in the US.

Because it was super quiet, Dongwoo tiptoed into the living room guessing someone is sleeping or isn’t well; he knows his family being quiet plus TV means either someone is sleeping or isn’t feeling well and resting in the living room. He was going to guess that it was Sunggyu and he guessed right; it wasn’t a shock his parents were around Sunggyu not even looked mad at him as if nothing happened three days ago. Dongwoo was relieved that his parents didn’t take it to heart and treated Sunggyu like a son; he kind of felt guilty for saying these words about the younger.

Dongwoo knows it was harsh to break up with Sunggyu the way he did, but that’s his character something he can’t change, once he set his mind and eyes on something he’d get it.

 

“Hello, Uma, Appa.”

“Uh Dongwoo, you’re here”, Mrs Jang knew her son did Sunggyu wrong, but that boy in front of her is still her son with his good and bad, “I thought we would see you by next week.”

“Well, I missed you all.”

“How is Howon doing with the pregnancy?”

“Good, good, nausea is killing him”, another lie, but that was the first time his mother asks about his husband since the day he introduced them to him, “How is he? Is he okay?”

“I thought now that you’re married you have nothing to do with him.”

“Appa~~, come on I still care about Sunggyu.”

“You sure show your care differently.”

“Honey!”

“No, it’s okay Uma, dad is right.”

“Of course, I’m right!!! So, you fell in love with someone else? Fine, marry him and divorce that kid but to return to Seoul without securing him in both financially and education-wise after all he’s done for you isn’t right.”

“I know he works at the same café, he is not jobless, and I asked him to come with me he refused!!!”

Mr Jang felt he failed for the first time in his life, though Dongwoo had a lot of ups and downs this by far is the worst.

“You used to love him a lot! What changed?”

“Appa, I just met someone else; my heart changed.”

“Another reason not to accept your new husband.”

“Appa!!! That’s not fair! Howon had nothing to do with it, mom! Say something.”

“Keep me out of this; I can’t deal with everything that’s happening, I’m a human too.”

Dongwoo hugged his mother feeling sorry to put her into such a situation; he shouldn’t blurt out everything about Sunggyu and make his parents even sadder for losing a grandchild.

“I’m sorry mom, you too dad I’m very sorry, I meant no harm I swear.”

“Dongwoo, you’re always going to be my son, my pride, just don’t disappoint me.”

“Promise dad, I’ll do my best to make you even prouder”, Dongwoo then frowned noticing how Sunggyu stayed still in a deep sleep not even moved, he knows that the younger loves to sleep, but they were literally having the loudest conversation over his head. “Is he okay?”

“He must be tired from- from gardening, he is fine.”

“Gardening? Uma since when we do that?” Dongwoo pressed his palm on Sunggyu’s forehead, “The boy is burning! Why is he wearing a lot of clothes!!”

“He said he is cold”, Mrs Jang smiled at the way Dongwoo panicked looking after Sunggyu, “So, you do care?”

“Uma~~, not now. I’ll get him clean clothes.”

“Take him to his room”, Mr Jang suggested.

“Good idea”, and without an effort, Dongwoo lifted the younger who snuggled into his ex’s chest, something he is used to it a habit.

“Careful son.”

“Don’t worry, Uma; I’ve got him.”

 

Sunggyu’s room

Mrs Jang took charge to change Sunggyu’s shirt scared if Dongwoo did it, he’d notice Sunggyu’s small stomach. Though it wasn’t noticeable Dongwoo is a doctor he’d figure it out fast. And regarding the medicine, Mrs Jang had to lie to her son and claim that she already gave it to him and that all Sunggyu needs now is to cool his temperature with cold water. Dongwoo made sure he calls his husband and update him, Howon even suggested he stays over in case they needed him.

 

Sunggyu opened his eyes to the wet towel cold feeling, not liking what he saw or who is taking care of him he immediately reacted backing off from Dongwoo’s touch to the other side of the bed, just to get away from him.

“Where is Uma?”

“Preparing soup for you, get back here let me help.”

“No thanks, I’ll manage.”

Dongwoo sighed at the way Sunggyu’s eyes opened and closed suspecting that he’s dizzy, and of course, he’d be dizzy, his temperature was high, “Look I’m sorry Sunggyu.”

“Sorry?” Sunggyu chuckled sadly, “For what exactly?”

“Sunggyu~~.”

“NO!! ANSWER ME!!”

“For everything, I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“You didn’t hurt me; you killed everything good inside me, I lost trust in everyone!”

“Well, you sure moved on with that guy.”

Sunggyu wanted to punch his ex, why is he acting like a jealous man! If he cared so much, why did he divorce him! “I can’t ing-love that man you’re talking about because of the things you made me go through!! I can’t trust anyone any more THANKS TO YOU!”

“You’re right, I wasn’t fair to you, but I didn’t know how else I’ll do it, it will hurt you anyway, it was the only way to help you move on and accept our divorce.”

More excuses, Dongwoo broke up with Sunggyu harshly on purpose, he wanted the younger to find a reason to hate him and move on. Believe it or not, breaking up with someone as sweet as Sunggyu would be hard on anyone. Dongwoo thought he did the right thing, that Sunggyu will understand later and return to their brotherly bond, it’s not like divorced couples can’t conceal later.

“So, you thought sleeping with me then taking me on a date to break up with me is a good way to break up with someone? What are you dumb?”

“It- it sounded good in my head, besides has nothing to do with feelings, I mean we had trial when you were just a kid, remember?”

Sunggyu hated himself for letting his tears fell on his cheeks, “You said you loved me.”

“But you didn’t yet you agreed to have with me many times, Sunggyu that was me turning you into a man.”

“So, all the things you said were lies?”

“Not lies~~~, I love you but come on Sunggyu you were only what 13 something?”

“14, I was 14.”

“See~~, there was no future for us you were just a kid”, Dongwoo got on the bed to get closer to Sunggyu and wipe his tears, “I loved you and still love you Sunggyu but a different kind of love, can’t we take back things to how we were before we got married? Brotherly love? We were so close.”

“Why did you marry me then? You followed me everywhere; I rejected you, millions of times because I didn’t want to lose that connection between us but you-!!! You insisted” Sunggyu smacked Dongwoo’s hand from his face, “WHY!!!”

“Dad, he heard us talking about it and asked me to fix what I did.”

It wasn’t a one-time thing, Dongwoo and Sunggyu done it two more times before Dongwoo actually asked him out and it turned out that Mr Jang had a hand in that.

“So, you married me for six ing years because you wanted to fix a mistake you did with a minor?”

Dongwoo lowered his he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter