Mistake 14

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2020

 

Seoul Hospital

 

Sunggyu’s office

“You have one last patient, Dr Kim.”

“Nancy! I have an appointment, did you forget?” Sunggyu checked his watch, “Alright bring them in 2 minutes, and text Dr Song I’ll be 30 minutes late.”

“Yes, Dr Kim.”

Not even a minute passed, but the door opened again, and a pair of arms back hugged him tightly, and who better than Woohyun to do such a thing. Sunggyu smiled, tracing his fingers on his husband’s arm, “So, are you my last patient Professor Nam?”

“Professor Nam!!!” Sunggyu chuckled when Woohyun turned him around pouting of course, “How about my love? Honey? Baby? Anything!!!!!!”

“Well, you’re my patient; I can’t cross the line with my patients; it’s against work ethics.”

“Blah, blah, blah endless excuses!!!!”

Woohyun pulled Sunggyu toward the bed sitting on it and of course welcoming his husband on his lap, what he didn’t expect the younger wrapping his arms around his neck.

“Professor Nam.”

“I could get used to this”, Woohyun pecked his cheek gently, “I like it.”

Sunggyu cleared his throat and tried not to smile, keeping it professionally, “Tell me, where does it hurt?”

Sunggyu raised his eyebrow when Woohyun took his finger and pointed at his heart, “Here.”

“How does it feel?”

“My heart is racing none stop.”

“Since when?”

“Hmm~~~, 2013”, Woohyun caressed Sunggyu’s cheek, “at a nightclub.”

“Were you drunk that day?”

“Ani, I met a drunk stranger that changed my life with one request.”

Sunggyu’s eyes shifted on Woohyun’s lips back to his eyes and whispered clear enough for Woohyun to hear him, “And what was that request?”

“He said, sleep with me.”

“And you slept with a stranger.”

“We were friends at first sight”, Sunggyu smiled remembering that night and how can he forget how stupid he behaved in front of Woohyun the first time they met, “What~?”

“Thank you.”

“For what babe?”

“For finding me that night, I don’t know how I would’ve ended without you.”

“You mean that?”

“Hmm, Hyung it might- took me too long to confess my feelings but”, Sunggyu this time cupped his husband’s cheeks, “I’ve always loved you and trusted you.”

“I love you too, babe”, Woohyun smiled when Sunggyu kissed his lips then hugged him, “Are these your hormones talking or you?”

“Both take it; it’s all I’ve got.”

“I love you so much, Dr Kim.”

 

 

 

Jang’s House

 

Dongwoo had no place to go to other than his parents’ house, Howon refused to be at the same place with him, and because he had a weak moment seven years ago, he registered the house under his husband’s name as a proof of love. The same house he and Sunggyu saved for, talking about karma hitting hard just like he snatched what Sunggyu’s right was, Howon did the same to him after years.

 “Oh, son, you’re home? Where is Howon?”

“We’re getting a divorce.”

Dongwoo simply said, he had no intention to hide anything from his mother, she won’t fall for his excuses of whatever he did; she knows him too well.

“Hmm, I see and who is the next husband this time?”

“Mom~~.”

“Isn’t it the reason Howon asked for a divorce?”

“What made you think it was his decision?”

“Sadly, because I know you too well, son.”

“I’m innocent this time.”

“So, you didn’t cheat on him?”

“Mom! You can’t ask me that question.”

Judging from the way he reacted Mrs Jang had an idea of what happened, Dongwoo was caught cheating on his husband, “Are you going to divorce him? Aren’t you going to fight for him?”

“Ugh, what’s the point! He made up his mind”, Dongwoo kissed his mother’s forehead, “I’m going to shower, do you need anything, mom?”

“Ani, I’ll prepare warm tea for you.”

“Thanks, mom, you’re the best.”

 

The next person visiting Mrs Jang alone is her other son, but this one looked happy and settled, unlike her eldest. Recently Sunggyu been looking sad and down which made the elder think he’s having troubles with his husband but when Woohyun arrived in Seoul and picked him up, it brushed all the suspicion she had in her head. Sunggyu was probably missing his husband that’s all.

“Hello, Uma”, Sunggyu hugged his mother, “Where is dad?”

“At his office, why? Everything okay?”

“Hmm”, Sunggyu gave his mother the ultrasound picture happily, “It’s a girl.”

“Sunggyu~~ my beautiful son”, the elder hugged her son, “I’m so happy for you? Did you check on everything? Are you good?”

“I am, and I’m in my 16th week.”

“Elle will be excited to hear that she told me she wants a baby sister.”

“Where is she?”

“With her grandfather at his office, she loves staying there with him.”

“I’ll go see her and dad.”

Sunggyu was about to stand up, but Mrs Jang stopped him, “Where is your husband?”

“He is coming, I needed vitamins, and we couldn’t find them at the hospital pharmacy, so he’s looking at other pharmacies”. Sunggyu made a face remembering the feeling he had at the car, “I couldn’t stay longer in the car, it made me want to throw up, so he suggested to drop me here first.”

“Aigo~~, the things Woohyun does for you!”

“I know.”

Mrs Jang smiled, seeing the smile on Sunggyu’s face; usually, he talks back on how she should be on his side, “I hope you stay happy with him forever.”

“Thanks, Uma.”

“Go see your father and daughter; I’ll prepare tea for Dongwoo.”

“Hyung is home? I didn’t see his car.”

 “Yes, he fought with his husband and apparently they’re getting a divorce.”

“Is he okay?”

“Aigo~, you still worry for him?” Sunggyu lowered his head, unsure what to say though he told Dongwoo that he forgives him yet it still doesn’t feel right, “Forgive your Hyung Sunggyu, please?”

“Uma!”

“My heart hurt to see you two fighting.”

 

Dongwoo’s room

After talking with his mother, Mrs Jang suggested he takes the tea for his Hyung and Sunggyu didn’t have the heart to refuse her request, her happiness meant the world for him.

When Dongwoo walked out from the bathroom with a towel on his head, he found Sunggyu walking in holding a cup of tea, “Sunggyu? What are you doing here?”

“Here, I brought tea for you.”

The elder took the warm cup from him, “Thanks, ~~, I really need one.”

“Then, I’ll let you rest, later Hyung.”

“Howon left me”, just before Sunggyu walks out, “Go on tell me what goes around comes around.”

“Are you okay, Hyung?”

“I’m heartbroken; finally, I felt how I made you feel that day.”

“I was young; I’m sure you’re going to do better.”

“Aren’t you going to tell me to try to fix things first?”

“Ani, I don’t care honestly; it’s your life.”

“Awch, that hurts.”

“Well, that’s how it is, I’ll go check on Elle, get some rest Hyung.”

Dongwoo back hugged Sunggyu before he leaves, holding him in place, “I love you, Sunggyu, I never stopped loving you.”

“Don’t you think it’s too late for that talk”, Sunggyu’s eyes widen feeling something, “Hyung, You-”

“Hmm, you still make me hard Sunggyu”, Dongwoo pressed his chin to Sunggyu’s shoulder, “I know you’re still hurt, I wasn’t fair to you.”

“You got it all wrong.”

“What do you mean!”

“Who said I’m hurt, I’m over you Hyung I have someone else in my life, and I wouldn’t let him in my life if I weren’t sure that I loved him. So, no, I’m not hurt anymore”, Sunggyu tried to unlock his Hyung arms, “Please, let me go, I can’t breathe, and it’s uncomfortable.”

“Are you telling me that you don’t have feelings for me?”

Shocked by the cold reaction, Dongwoo’s arms loosen so Sunggyu turned to look his Hyung into his eyes, “You were right, what we had wasn’t love, I was a kid who looked up to his Hyung, and you used that. I never knew love until I met my husband.”

“Sunggyu!”

“The stranger I met at the bar felt safer than your arms.”

“Don’t say that we had something special.”

“I was just a curious kid, and you were , I confused this feeling to love”.

“You said you forgive me; your words seem far from that.”

“I’m sorry, I can’t forgive you, I can’t forget how you broke up with me”, hold your tears Sunggyu, you can do it, “You made me feel so low as if I was not worth it. I gave up my future for you, and you treated me as if I’ve done nothing.”

“I was stupid.”

“I was so scared that night, I didn’t have anywhere to go.”

Dongwoo didn’t know, all he knew is that he left Sunggyu at the restaurant. He never asked and never cared back then; he thought Sunggyu moved on smoothly without any trouble. Well, he returned a well-known doctor, he wouldn’t guess.

“I’m- I’m sorry, I didn’t know.”

“Do you know how hard I tried to hate you?”

“Sunggyu, don’t tell me you do!”

“Ani,” Sunggyu lowered his head, “I can’t hate, you took my hand when I had no one and shared your room your video games, you shared everything with me even your parents.”

“I really want to fix things between us, get back to how we used to be.”

“Don’t you think it’s a little too late for that?”

“I know you’re scared, but I won’t let you down again, I promise.”

“Do you want to know my biggest fear, Hyung?”

“What?”

“Is that one-day Woohyun Hyung would realize he’s too good for me and leaves me, then I won’t be able to survive.”

“You love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter