Mistake 12

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2020

 

Café

 

“So, you still like your coffee plain.”

Sungyeol gave the younger a scary glare, “You disappeared for five years, and that’s the first thing you say to me!”

Sungyeol met Myungsoo by the Jang’s house on his way out, Myungsoo invited him for a cup of a coffee which wasn’t something expected to be honest, but it was a chance to talk about their son.

“I was going to ask about you next, geez why are you so serious!”

“You know what” Sungyeol rose from his chair, “ you, I’m leaving.”

“Wait”, quickly Myungsoo held the elder’s hand, “I’m sorry, you’re right- it has been so long I don’t know how to start.”

Sungyeol joined the younger again, “How about you start by asking about your son!”

“…”

“It’s yours; I didn’t cheat on you.”

Sungyeol threw his mobile in front of Myungsoo, showing a picture of Sam where he looked an exact copy of Myungsoo, “C-Can I see him?”

“Are you ready to meet him?”

“Hmm.”

Sungyeol nodded; he isn’t the type to separate a child from his father even though Myungsoo brought that to himself, “I’ll text Jjong and see if he is still awake.”

“You two live together now?”

“Hmm, we’ve been dating for the past four years.”

“Sungjong is a good guy.”

“He is”, Sungyeol wanted to punch Myungsoo for being so cold about their situation, “But because of you he won’t accept my proposal.”

“H-Hyung!”

“Whatever, what about you? Seeing anyone?”

“Ani, just casually meeting someone for fun.”

"You mean casual , just say it."

"Hmm."

“Who is it?”

Myungsoo wasn’t planning to lie, “Dongwoo.”

Sungyeol’s eyes widen, unsure if he heard him right, “You mean your best friend ex!!”

“Hmm.”

“He is married!”

“So”, Myungsoo shrugged, “We’re not serious it's like you said just casual .”

“Are you trying to make me hate you or something? What the are you doing!”

“Hmm, did it work?”

“Myungsoo!”

“I loved you Hyung, but since the moment I broke up with you till the day I accepted to sleep with my best friend’s ex-husband made me realize that I lost you forever.”

“Myungsoo, you can stop now, I moved on you should too.”

“I’m not doing it for you”, Myungsoo tried his best to keep his tears in place, “I’m doing this for myself to give you an excuse for moving on and choosing someone else.”

“Myungsoo, it’s okay you can stop now.”

For the first time, Sungyeol saw a tear rolling on the younger’s cheek, “I messed up big time, didn’t I?”

“I’m sorry, but yes.”

“I thought I was doing the right thing.”

“We all make mistakes Myungsoo; it’s okay.”

“My mistake cost me my son and the one person I loved.”

Sungyeol patted the younger’s hand, “I promise I won’t stop you from meeting your son, come on, let’s go see him.”

“Hyung-”

“I can’t promise you anything else. I’m sorry.”

 

 

Sungyeol’s apartment

 

Sungjong greeted his friend with a warm hug, it’s been years since the last time they saw each other even though they never had a pleasant conversation and always ended up fighting or disagreeing, but they still missed each other. Sungjong was so happy that Sungyeol brought Myungsoo to meet his son, he knew no matter what Sam will always look for his real father and even though his friend made a mistake he’s allowed to correct before it’s too late.

Myungsoo knew he had no right to be jealous of his friend when Sungyeol pecked Sungjong’s lips with a smile, but he couldn’t stop the feelings from flowing, and why do they look so good together!

“I’ll call Sam, he insisted on looking nice when he meets you”, the way Sungjong talked about Sam sounded like how any parent would talk about their kids with pride.

“They seem close.”

“They are, Sam loves Sungjong, your friend practically raised him.”

Myungsoo didn’t get to comment on that when a four and half years old boy walked into the room holding Sungjong’s hand, as if Sam knew he is meeting his father and not just a random man his mammy brought home.

Getting on his knees to reach his level, Myungsoo didn’t know what else he should do and damn the resembles between them is hard to miss, Sam even got his dimple.

“Go on Sam say hi to daddy.”

Myungsoo looked up speechless, just like that!! And his son is supposed to accept him after disappearing for such a long time!!

“Jjong, give the boy a minute.”

Sungjong chuckled, “Chill Myung he knows you’re his daddy.”

“What!”

Sam walked closer to Myungsoo and hugged him, “Hi daddy, it’s Sam.”

 

Myungsoo spent the next hour talking to his son in his room alone bonding and getting to know everything about him; the boy loves to talk, he was thankful that Sungyeol and Sungjong gave him some privacy to get that chance. Eventually, the boy fell asleep between Myungsoo’s arms, and it was time to leave, Myungsoo never thought it would be hard to let go of his son and leave him again.

Myungsoo wore his jacket to leave, not wanting to be a burden, it’s already late “I don’t know how to thank you both.”

“Come sit with us for late coffee”, Sungjong offered, and Sungyeol nodded agreeing.

“It’s late. I don’t want to keep you guys awake.”

“Aigo~, don’t say that I’ll make coffee like for old time sake.”

And who can refuse a coffee from the famous barista, “Now I can’t refuse such offer.”

Myungsoo learned that Sungjong and Sungyeol made sure Sam knows who his father is, they don’t want him to grow up thinking that Sungjong is the father then discover later on that he is not and break his heart.

Telling Sam that his father works overboard made things easier for the little boy to accept his father’s absence. And since Sungjong was always around, Sam never felt any different from the kids in school. Sungjong even attended events for his school and served coffee for other parents, and hot chocolate for the kids and Sam couldn’t be any happier with that he talked about for a whole week from excitement.

 

When Sungyeol left to check on his son giving the two friends a time alone Sungjong had to ask, “How is Sunggyu?”

“You guys didn’t talk?”

“We did through a phone call, but we couldn’t meet we arrived two days ago, and Sam started school right away. I didn’t get a chance to meet him.”

Awch, parenting for his own son and looking for his best interest putting him first on his priority list while he screws around with a married man, “Sam started school here?”

“Hmm, I’ll send you all details to catch up and when there is an event make sure to come.”

“Hmm, why are you helping me?”

“I’m not doing it for you idiot; I’m doing it for Sam, I love that boy.”

Myungsoo smiled, “God, I want to hug you, ~~.”

“Eww~~, no that’s weird I’ll pass!!!!” Sungjong shook his head, “Seoul made you soft, what happened to the guy who always fights back!”

“Long story, I’ll tell you some other time, and about Sunggyu he is not okay, but I’m sure he’ll be fine now that Woohyun Hyung is with him.”

Sungjong sighed relieved that Sungyeol’s plan worked, “Thank god.”

“Now I really have to go”, Myungsoo rose from the comfy sofa and wore his jacket, “Thank you for the coffee, make sure you have it ready by seven tomorrow I’m picking it up from your café.”

“Ugh not again!!” Sungjong and Myungsoo laughed together, “It’s good to have you back, buddy.”

“Hmm, it feels good to be back with everyone.”

 

 

Yadong House

 

Howon watched his husband entering the house with the most annoying face ever, which wasn’t something new Dongwoo has always been moody, “I made tea, want some?”

Dongwoo joined his husband on the couch and hugged him, “Yes, please.”

Though Dongwoo was clinging to him, Howon managed to pour the tea, “You look stressed, everything good.”

“Hmm.” That’s it? A nod? No other questions, “Aren’t you going to ask me what happened?”

“You’ll talk when you’re ready.”

Impressed by his husband’s calmness, Dongwoo didn’t know if he should be worried or thankful that he has an understanding husband, “I met Sunggyu.”

“And?”

“She is not my daughter.”

“Are you sure?”

Dongwoo backed off from the hug leaning back on the couch comfortably, “Hmm, and to be honest, she never felt like mine, she has her father's attitude.”

“I see.”

“What’s up with that face?” Dongwoo turned his husband’s face and kissed him lightly on his lips, “You can tell me anything.”

“Don’t you want to have kids?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter