Mistake 13

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2020

 

Seoul Hospital

 

Sunggyu’s office

“Do I need to ask?”

“Awch- watch it.”

Sunggyu helped his friend applying something on the bruises on his friend’s lips; it wasn’t the first time Myungsoo returns from his little adventure messed up only this time he was close to tears.

“You need to stop; his husband knows, and I don’t think he’s going to let it go easily.”

“He told you?”

“Hmm, he sounded serious, I’m worried about you.”

Myungsoo smiled, “Thanks”, he then prepared for himself a cup of coffee trying to avoid Sunggyu’s worried looks, “So, how are things between you and your husband?”

“I’m asking you to stop screwing my ex, and you ask about me!!”

“I met my son yesterday.”

“Myung, that’s good.”

“Ani, because after I met him, I discovered how much I hate myself now! I even asked Dongwoo to stop, but he refused, he said it’s up to him to end it, not me.”

“Myung!” Sunggyu turned his friend to face him, “Look at me, did he just force you?”

Myungsoo shook his head close to tears, “I wish he did, I couldn’t stop him! I asked him not to stop.”

“I’ll talk to him.”

“Gyu, wait-”

“No!!! If he doesn’t want to listen, I’m telling mom and dad!”

Sunggyu stopped by the door and groaned holding his stomach, “Yah, take it easy! I’ll take care of that I’m a grown man.”

“You are not a grown man; you are an idiot; I’ll talk to him.”

“Gyu! Yah- damn that boy doesn’t listen to anyone!!!!”

 

Dongwoo’s office

Dongwoo smiled when Sunggyu walked into his office, not caring that he looked like he’s going to fight him and probably scold him about what happened between him and Myungsoo. Sadly, he knows Sunggyu too well that predicting his actions weren’t too hard to guess. And guess what! He was right.

“Are you here to ask me to stop screwing your friend or cheating on my husband?”

“Both!!”

Dongwoo sighed, dragging Sunggyu to sit on the bed at his office, making sure to close the door, “You don’t look well, let me examine you.”

“No need I’m a doctor!”

“Well, not a very good one! You look like .”

“I’m not here for your consultations.”

Sunggyu tried to get up but failed his head was spinning, “That’s what I thought, lay down please, mom will kill me if she knew I let you leave like that”, Dongwoo then pressed his palm on the younger’s forehead, “You’re warm.”

“Elle is sick; I probably caught it from her.”

“Is your husband dumb!! Can’t he look after her for you!”

“I can take care of my own daughter.”

“I’m sure you can, but you’re not supposed to get sick at this condition.”

“Hyung, you know?”

“It’s not hard to guess”, Dongwoo smiled ruffling Sunggyu’s hair before he pushed his gently to lay down on the bed, “I’m sorry.”

“Huh?”

“I was a bad Hyung and husband to you; you deserved much better than me.”

Howon and Dongwoo are apologizing on the same day! What are the odds “Why now?”

“Here, swallow this”, Sunggyu took the pills and the glass of water from Dongwoo who joined him on the bed sitting next to him, “I always wanted to apologize to you, you never allowed me to do it.”

“So now it’s my fault.”

“Yes, you have a sassy attitude every time I tried to reach out for you.”

“Fine! Apology not accepted.”

Dongwoo chuckled, “You’re really something Sunggyu, even when you’re sick, you’re stubborn.”

“Hyung, do me a favour and leave Myungsoo alone.”

“Only if you promise to let me be your favourite Hyung again.”

“Favorite?” Sunggyu snorted when Dongwoo nodded proudly, “You wish!!”

“Is that a yes?”

Sunggyu nodded slowly; he wasn’t sure if it was the fever talking or the need to forgive Dongwoo for what he did to finally move on and have a stable life with his husband away from doubts and insecurities. It won’t harm to give his Hyung another chance; it’s not like he is a teenager and naïve like he used to be things changed Sunggyu is now in control of his life.

Dongwoo smiled when Sunggyu nodded and closed his eyes, “Don’t make me regret this, uh?”

“I won’t”, Like a good Hyung, Dongwoo covered the younger, and caressed his hair “Do you need anything?”

“No, now stop touching me.”

“Fine, fine don't yell at me!!” Dongwoo did as told and retrieved his hand, he just won him back he doesn't want to upset him again, “So, how far?”

“I lost count; I don’t know.”

“Don’t tell me you didn’t see someone.”

“I did three months ago.”

“And?”

“He said it’s not stable.”

“Yah! You have miscarriage history; it might happen again if you don’t look after yourself”, Sunggyu didn’t say a word only smiled confusing the elder, “Why are you smiling?”

“I can’t remember the last time you cared about me.”

“Lift your sleeve, I’ll measure your blood pressure”, Dongwoo felt like he is responsible for doing all the necessary examination himself, “That’s nonsense I always cared about you. Are you in pain?”

“Sometimes.”

“What do you mean sometimes”, Dongwoo called the nurse to bring in the ultrasound device, Sunggyu isn’t helping as if he lost interest in that baby as if he doesn’t exist, “Does your husband know about this?”

“Hmm.”

“And done nothing?”

“I told him everything is okay.”

“I see”, Dongwoo noticed the bandage on Sunggyu’s palm, “Did you check on that?”

Dongwoo pointed at the cut in Sunggyu's hand, “I did, it’s healing I guess.”

“God, sometimes you act like a kid, any bleeding?”

“A little”, Dongwoo the ultrasound device himself, “Hyung.”

“What? Let me check really quick”, Dongwoo frowned, “This is your second pregnancy, shouldn’t you like show a little bit more.”

“Can we not.”

Dongwoo sighed, helping Sunggyu to sit back and button his shirt again, he can’t force him, “Araso, but go see someone.”

“Hmm.”

Dongwoo joined Sunggyu on the bed sitting next to him, “So, how is your relationship with your husband?”

“What are you doing?”

“Being a good Hyung, well?”

“Good, are you disappointed?”

“I can sense trouble between you two.”

“It's not like your marriage is perfect too, we all fight sometimes.”

Dongwoo patted Sunggyu’s hand and got up from the bed, “You can tell me when you’re ready.”

“I love him; I want things to work between us. I don’t want us to fight.”

Dongwoo wasn’t sure why did it hurt hearing Sunggyu talking about someone else with love other than him, he always thought no one will ever take his place in Sunggyu’s heart other than him.

“So- so does that mean you’re not getting along?” Dongwoo tried to be cool about it and act like a Hyung; he can do it.

“His mother hates me!!! As if she wants me to disappear from her son’s life!”

“Then make him choose” stop talking Dongwoo, don’t ruin things for him, “Woohyun needs to make a choice his mother or you and Elle.”

“That’s impossible no one can make such a choice! No one will pick up someone over their mother!”

“It’s because you lost your parents Sunggyu, you think that parents are everything, but that’s not the case for everyone. Test it; it will show you how much Woohyun loves you and whether he deserves your love or not.”

 

Surgery Ward

Dongwoo joined his husband in front of the surgeries board like they always do “Hey, Honey. What do we have for today.”

“Tranfser him to someone else.”

“Who?”

“Myungsoo, your lover.”

“Honey~~, do I have to? The boy is so good at his job, it would be hard to replace him.”

“Don't care, just do it.”

“Araso, I'll see what I can do about it.”

“End it today, I don't want to see him near your office.”

Dongwoo back hugged his husband still looking at the board, “Consider him gone, Honey.”

 

later that day,

Dongwoo did as he promised, Howon wasn’t around yet he avoided looking at Myungsoo by all means as if the latter doesn’t exist, which didn’t sound right to the younger, earlier that day Dongwoo made it clear he is not done from him, what happened! Did his friend’s request actually pay off?

 

“Dr Jang.”

Without sparing him a look, Dongwoo answered, “Yes, Dr Kim.”

“What is this?” Myungsoo handed the elder a paper, “I didn’t request for this.”

“I did.”

Dongwoo returned the paper to Myungsoo and continued walking, which left Myungsoo with no other choice but to follow him.

“You’re assigning me to another surgeon?”

“Yes, Dr Park is an excellent surgeon; you’ll enjoy working with him.”

“I earned my spot in your program; you can’t do that!”

 

Dongwoo didn’t want to argue with Myungsoo in the hall, so he pushed him into one of the empty rooms making sure to close the door behind, “I’m bored, is that what you want to hear.”

“YAH!!” Myungsoo wanted to punch Dongwoo if only he were scared to get fired for assaulting him, “Just like that!”

“Hmm, what did you expect a farewell party?”

“You can’t me in the morning then do this hours later!! I’m human, too; I have feelings.”

Dongwoo smirked, “Oh god, don’t tell me you fell in love with me?”

“Shut up!”

“Sunggyu told me you want this to stop and I made your wish come true, tell me again, how am I wrong here?”

“What! Sunggyu asked you to do that?”

“Hmm.”

“Sunggyu would never, you're lying.”

“Go ask him.”

“You could’ve talked to me about it instead of throwing me in someone else’s program.”

“It’s my program, I get to decide who fits with me or not, and you, my darling don’t have the potential.”

“I gave up everything for this! Even my son I didn’t want to believe it because I wanted this badly, you can’t come now and tell me that!!”

“I never asked you to leave your life; it was your choice. Now if you excuse me, I have patients to see”, Dongwoo stopped by the door before openin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter