Mistake 16

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2020

 

Seoul Hospital

 

It’s been a week since Sunggyu shared the elevator with Howon as if the latter disappeared. Honestly, Sunggyu didn’t even bother to ask about him; it was a blessing not meeting him every morning and having to deal with his stupid questions about his daughter and life. It wasn’t only Dongwoo who was interested in his life, Howon developed a sudden interest in his life, which was ridiculous considering how he ruined his marriage years ago.

That peaceful elevator moment lasted for only a week, Howon slid into the elevator before the door closes and joined Sunggyu.

“Morning.”

“…”

Howon understood why Sunggyu kept on ignoring him, but he needed to talk to him, so he blocked his way out when Sunggyu reached his floor, “Can we talk?”

“Move Dr Lee; I have better things to do than talk to you.”

“Let me rephrase my sentence”, Howon pressed the roof floor, “we will talk.”

 

As stupid as it may seem, Sunggyu felt like he needed to listen to him, Howon looked desperate, he is sure that whatever Howon is going to say this time is serious.

 

Roof

Howon thought it would be easy to talk to the younger, to tell him everything then let him decide whether he wants to believe him or not, at least he did his best, and it’s up to Sunggyu to either listen to him and confront Dongwoo or let it go. But how is he going even to start talking or even start the conversation!

It seems Howon was taking too long that Sunggyu had enough, “Look, if you’re here to tell me to stay away from Dongwoo Hyung then you shouldn’t worry about it. I told him about how I felt and my feelings toward my husband, and he understood.”

Howon sighed, “It doesn’t matter anyway; we’re getting a divorce.”

Sunggyu nodded, “Hmm, Hyung said you’re getting a divorce, but I thought you two talked yesterday, he told mom he is going to meet you.”

“We did talk and boy I wish we never did that talk.”

“Look, I don’t want to get involved into this I already told Hyung, I moved on I love my husband and want to live peacefully with him with our kids.”

“…”

Howon tears suddenly fell shocking the younger, Sunggyu never saw Howon cry in front of him, he never showed his weakness to him, which made Sunggyu worry a little, “Dr Lee, everything okay?”

“I’m sorry, Sunggyu.”

“Why are you apologizing now?”

The looks in Sunggyu’s eyes made Howon soften; he was ready to say it all not caring if he is going to break the younger’s heart or not, all that he wants to do is get all the things Dongwoo told him out of his chest to live peacefully without guilt.

“For how things started between us, you are a good man.”

Sunggyu smiled, “You don’t have to apologize to me; I told you I’m over what happened years ago; I moved on.”

“Hmm.”

“If anything, I’m thankful for you, I wouldn’t have met my husband if you hadn’t shown up in my life.”

He couldn’t do it, Sunggyu is finally living the life he wants why to bring the past again, “So, I guess this would be the last time we talk then, take care of yourself.”

“You too- ah-” Sunggyu made a discomfort face rubbing his stomach, something that wasn’t new to him.

“Are you okay?”

“Hmm, I just need to sit a little, can you get me water please?”

“Sure”, Howon made sure Sunggyu sits on the floor as he looked for water, “Here.”

“Thanks, it’s okay you can go, I’ll manage.”

“Are you sure? Do you want me to call anyone for you?”

“I’m really okay; I’ll swallow these pills and be good to go.”

Howon joined Sunggyu on the floor, “Your doctor gave you this?”

“Ani, Dongwoo Hyung- Yah!!” Howon didn’t know what got into him, but he smacked Sunggyu’s hand, causing the pills to drop, “What is wrong with you?”

“Don’t take anything from him!”

“Huh?”

“Don’t trust him Sunggyu.”

“I took these pills from the pharmacy myself; they’re vitamins! He only prescribed them.”

“Aw- I see.”

“I’m a doctor too; my doctor also told me they’re good ones.”

Howon got off the floor fast, “I’m sorry, I have to go.”

“Wait”, Sunggyu did the same, “Why did you say that? What do you know Dr Lee?”

“N-Nothing.”

“You can’t just say that and then say it’s nothing; you told me not to trust him.”

“Fine”, Howon finally turned to face Sunggyu, “You’re free to believe me or not, but what I’m going to say is the truth.”

“Araso, talk.”

“You know that we’ve been trying for so long to have kids, I even thought there was something wrong with me because Dongwoo got you pregnant once.”

“Hmm, I know.”

“Dongwoo told me yesterday that there is nothing wrong with me and that he’s been giving me birth control pills behind my back for five years.”

“Hyung would never- he loves kids he was so happy when I told him I was pregnant- I don’t understand.”

“He wasn’t happy Sunggyu; he never wanted kids, not from you or me”, Howon made sure Sunggyu sits down when he tells him the rest, “What I’m going to say now is not your fault, you didn’t know.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Your miscarriage.”

“I wasn’t taking care of myself; I overworked myself-”

“Ani, it wasn’t your fault.”

“But Dongwoo Hyung said-”

“Dongwoo gave you miscarriage pills and got rid of the baby.”

“W-What-? He wouldn’t-”

Sunggyu’s face paled, and hands turned ice cold from the shock, he never imagined in his life that Dongwoo would go this far to hurt him, “He told me last night, he is sure that you won’t believe me.”

“I need to go.”

Howon helped Sunggyu to stand again, “I can’t leave you like this.”

“Oh, please save it, as if you really care.”

“I had nothing to do with what he did, I swear.”

Sunggyu retrieved his hand, “You two are the worst, you probably had nothing to do with the miscarriage, but you are no better than him, you slept with someone else’s husband and stole my house!!! I worked for that house for years, and now after all these years, you’re telling me something I don’t want to hear, only because you want to sleep peacefully at night and not feel guilty! You don’t care about me; you only care about yourself; you two are the same and deserve each other.”

 

Sunggyu passed by his office to cancel all his appointments and patients, making sure they’re all in the right hand with another doctor, the hospital walls became suffocating as if he needed to leave right away.

“Gyu, you’re late, where were you?”

“Why are you here, Myungsoo?”

“I came to see you, everything okay?”

“Hmm, you can go back to work.”

Myungsoo smiled, “Anyway~~~, let me tell you you’re looking at the heart surgeon Dr Kim Myungsoo”, Sunggyu frowned which made Myungsoo’s smile disappear, “Aren’t you going to congratulate me?”

“I thought you’re with Dr Park.”

“Well, I-”

“Dr Park doesn’t do heart surgeries”, Sunggyu cuts him off understanding what’s happening without hearing anything from his friend, “! You’re back to him!”

“Hmm, he asked me to come back, and I agreed.”

“He asked you back because he is getting a divorce!”

“I know he told me.”

“Don’t tell me you’re-” Sunggyu didn’t need an answer the look in his friend’s face said it all, “Myung I thought you wanted to stop!”

“Why do I need to stop! Ha!!! Sungyeol Hyung moved on with his life and marrying my supposed to befriend, and my son wants to call another guy dad!!!! Can you imagine that!!!”

“Why are you angry at Jjong? You decided to break up with Sungyeol Hyung! Hyung is allowed to find love and live happily with someone else.”

“I know! But he is my ex!!! Sungjong is sleeping with my ex”, Myungsoo felt stupid for saying that considering he was doing the same, “Gyu I-”

“Yes Myung, you’re doing the same, but at least Sungyeol Hyung didn’t ruin your future, cheat on you and kill your baby.”

“Kill your baby? What do you mean?”

“That man you’re sleeping with gave me abortion pills behind my back and watched bleed with a cold heart; he dared to blame me for my loss!!”

“Gyu, I’m sorry I didn’t know.”

“As if it’s going to stop you from sleeping with him!”

“…”

“How could you do this to me, Myung! You’re my best friend.”

Myungsoo lowered his head ashamed of what he did; he understands now how it feels to be betrayed by your friends, “I’m sorry, Gyu.”

“Please leave, I don’t want to see your face right now.”

“Gyu!”

“Please, I’m begging you.”

Myungsoo wanted to hug his friend and tell him how things are okay now and to look ahead and live happily with his husband and kids, but he couldn’t say a word all he got to do is nod and leave his friend alone, Myungsoo knew he lost that right and things between them might never be repaired.

 

 

 

Woollim University

 

A knocking on the class door interrupted Woohyun’s thoughts at the lecture if anything he hated when his students are late, yet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter