Mistake 9

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2015

 

One year later

Seoul Hospital

 

“Dr Kim.”

Myungsoo bowed, “Dr Jang.”

“Walk with me.”

Myungsoo handed the chart to one of his colleagues and followed Dongwoo, the program he talked about a year ago was with Dongwoo’s surgical team, anyone would want to be trained under his wings, the man is a legend.

Once they were away from everyone, Myungsoo rolled his eyes and folded his arms, “What!”

Dongwoo smirked, “Is that how you talk to your supervisor, Dr Kim?”

“I really don’t have time for that” Dongwoo pulled Myungsoo again but this time to the emergency stairs and closed the door, “Are you nut!! We’re at the hospital!”

“This is my hospital; I get to do what I want.”

“Self-centered.”

“Come on, Dr Kim; sulking doesn’t suit you.”

Myungsoo pushed Dongwoo’s hand off him with a smirk, “So, now what, are you bored from your dear husband and looking for a new one? Damn Dr Jang you usually last longer.”

Dongwoo leant close to Myungsoo’s ear and whispered, “Never, I’m loyal.”

Myungsoo scoffed not believing his ears, “You do have a different definition of loyalty Dr Jang.”

Dongwoo leant back on the wall folding his arms with a smile that never left his lips, “Look who’s talking.”

“Don’t-”

“I wonder what will your best friend think of your definition of loyalty.”

“You wouldn’t!”

“Oh, yes, I would.”

“What do you want!”

Dongwoo grabbed the younger’s scrub’s and pinned him against the wall, not caring that he might break his back, “The same thing you want, Dr Kim.”

The door of the emergency door opened again, “Are you done?”

“Honey~~”, Dongwoo let go of Myungsoo who fixed his scrub bowed and left with a smirk, and hugged his husband “When did you arrive?”

“So, we’re going to skip what was going on here and pretend as if nothing happened?”

“Hmm, because nothing happened.”

“When will you stop asking about your ex?” Dongwoo was about to reply, but Howon cuts him off, “Don’t use your parents as an excuse they talk to him every day.”

Howon relationship with the elders improved, Dongwoo’s parents took Sunggyu’s request to heart and actually accepted their son's new husband. And knowing their son well, Mrs and Mr Jang felt kind of bad for Howon knowing what he has to deal with later. Hearing the elders talking to Sunggyu every day didn’t bother him, Howon knows now that Sunggyu moved on with his life, in fact, he knows about the younger more than Dongwoo knows.

 

“You know he’s like a young brother to me, and my parents won’t tell me anything every time I ask about him.”

“Brother? Are you sure?”

“What is that supposed to mean!”

Howon leant closer to his husband’s ear and whispered, “You don’t your little brother, honey.”

“W-We were young and-”

“Hmm, I see.”

“Howon, come on I thought we're over this by now, I love you.”

“I know you do.”

Howon pecked Dongwoo’s lips and left him alone at the emergency stairs, sadly he knows his husband too well and probably even better than Sunggyu himself.

 

 

 

Jang House

 

Mrs Jang ended a call with Sunggyu when her son walked in not expecting to see him here. Dongwoo didn’t tell them he’d come over after work and alone usually his husband tags along.

“Dongwoo”, Mrs Jang gestured for her son to come closer, “What are you doing here?”

“Visiting my parents? Why I can’t?”

The elder smiled, “Aigo~, of course, you can, your father will be home soon”, she then looked around, “But where is your husband?”

“He has surgeries and will spend the night at the hospital.”

“Oh yeah, he said he’d be busy this week.”

It’s not like Dongwoo didn’t like that his parents finally approved his husband; it was his dream, but he couldn’t help feeling left out every time. It’s like his parents always favour whomever he marries.

“So, now you know Howon’s schedule.”

“Hmm, he is such a sweetheart and calls us every day.”

“Were you talking to him just now?”

“Now? No.”

“It’s Sunggyu, isn’t it?”

“Why does it matter to you whether it was him or not?”

“Mom, you among everyone shouldn’t be saying that I happen to care about him, too, regardless of how we broke up.”

Mrs Jang smiled pouring tea for her son, “I’m sure you do, but you need to understand that things aren’t going to be the same between you two anymore, you’re his ex-husband.”

“I’m still his Hyung.”

Mrs Jang sighed knowing her son won’t let this go, so she rather answers some of the questions instead of letting him get these answers by himself, “Araso, what do you want to know?”

“How is he doing?”

“Good.”

“Mom, I want details, details.”

The elder held her son’s hand and squeezed gently, “Forget about him son, he is settled now and moved on; it’s time you move on as well.”

“What do you mean he moved on!”

“She means he is married to someone else and has-”

“Honey! That’s enough”, Mrs Jang didn’t want her husband to spill everything out.

“Married! Why was I last to know? And since when!! To whom??”

“Chill son, whoever hears you will think you’re in love with him.”

“D-Dad! That’s not true!! I love my husband.”

“Good, let’s keep it that way”, the elder took off his jacket joining his family on the couch, “It’s Woohyun, I’m sure you remember him.”

“I knew something was going between them!” Dongwoo then realized something, remembering Woohyun’s words last time they met, “Omg!! They were already married last time when they were here!!”

“Yes, son, they were married at that time”, Mrs Jang confirmed.

“Did anyone think of telling me!”

“You didn’t think of telling us about your stupid decisions!”

“Honey, let’s put that all behind us.”

“No! it seems everyone moved on expect your son, wasn’t that your decision? Getting a divorce and marry someone else?”

“Dad! I-” Dongwoo couldn’t say anything and ended up nodded.

“Good, now that we all agree on this let’s not discuss this anymore! You and your husband are more than welcome here, but can you please respect him and stop asking about another man!! Stop embarrassing me, son! I beg you.”

“I’m sorry dad, this won’t happen again.”

 

 

 

US

Woogyu House

 

“Say hi, say hi Elle.”

“Ai?”

“Yes!!!!” Woohyun pecked the little girl’s lips, “You’re so smart like daddy.”

“What are you doing!!” Sunggyu took his baby girl from Woohyun, and she gladly hugged her mammy tight, “You’re supposed to get her ready!”

“I did!” Woohyun grinned pinching the little girl’s cheeks, “Elle, show mammy what we learned today.”

“Ai~~~” the little girl then pecked her mammy’s lips melting Sunggyu’s heart.

“Hi baby, let’s get you ready since daddy isn’t doing a good job.”

“Aish~, you’re no fun hubby.”

Sunggyu glared at Woohyun, “Can please prepare breakfast”, he then gave him the fakest smile making Woohyun chuckle, Sunggyu never changed, “Or you want me to do it too?”

“No, I’ll do it.”

“Are you sure? Because I can do it all!!”

“Yes, sir. I’m sure, ~~~.”

 

It’s been a year since Sunggyu had his baby girl, everything went smoothly for him because Woohyun at that time finished his PH. D already and was entirely free to look after her as her mammy resumed med school with no worries, strangely Woohyun was a pro from day one as if he was waiting for the moment he has a baby.

Mrs and Mr Jang couldn’t wait longer to meet the baby girl and flew to meet her and stayed for a month to reassure that their son doesn’t need them and in good hands, Woohyun gave them a good impression.

“Say Hyung.”

“Yes, love.”

Sunggyu took a deep breath to control his nerves, he can’t get used to his sweet talk, Woohyun isn’t giving him time to digest it, “We need to find a nursey for Elle.”

“Why? Elle Uma or Appa?”

“Uma.”

“Uma or Appa~~~?”

“Uma~.”

“Appa or Uma?”

“Appa? No, Uma~~.”

“Aish I give up.”

“Are you done?” Woohyun carried her to his lap from her baby chair and nodded, “It’s been a year, don’t you want to get a job? You don’t want to keep on working at the café forever.”

“Why not? I happen to enjoy being a barista; you focus on studying and let me and Elle have fun.”

“Fine do what you want, but Elle is going to nursery.”

“When the time comes, I’ll make sure she goes to the best kindergarten.”

“But-”

“She is too young for that.”

“Don’t I have a saying in my girl’s life now?”

“Huh? No, that’s not what I meant-”

“Whatever, I’m leaving.”

Sunggyu took his girl from Woohyun’s arms and left. It wasn’t intentional; it’s Woohyun’s character, and Sunggyu’s weakness when he met him made it easier for him to be in charge and control. Sunggyu isn’t the same boy Woohyun met at the bar broken and unsure about his feelings he changed but Woohyun refused to see it.

 

 

 

Café

 

“Ajusshi~~~, what are you doing there?”

The café Ajusshi pouted returning to Sungjong behind the counter, “Sunggyu is late.”

“You mean Elle is late.”

“Same thing.”

Sungjong chuckled, that man grew attached to her since she was born, Woohyun would come to work at the café and he would look after her.

“Man, you fell hard for that little girl.”

“Behave, and get back to work!!”

“There are no customers!”

“I don’t care, get back to work.”

“Yes, sir”, Sungjong then chuckled when Sungyeol walked in, “Ajusshi, your other grandson is here.”

The café owner took the baby boy from the tallboy, “Aigo~~, that boy is so cute. These dimples are to die for.”

“Just like his daddy”, though Sungyeol was smiling when he said it, it sounded bitter.

“He’ll come around Yeol”, The elder tried to comfort him, “I’ll prepare milk for your son.”

“Araso, thank you, Ajusshi.”

Yes, Sungyeol was pregnant the day Myungsoo broke up with him, he was going to tell him yet Myungsoo didn’t give him a chance and ended things fast between them.

“I can’t believe he got you pregnant!” Sungjong teased, “Myungsoo always bragged about using protection in front of Sunggyu.”

“Well, he made sure he doesn’t get pregnant, but I was stupid to let it pass for one freaking night.”

“Wow, wow chill man.”

“He said nothing would happen; it’s just one night!! ing idiot. I knew I shouldn’t trust him when he said let’s switch it’s because we ran out of condoms!!!”

“Do you miss him?”

“No, not at all.”

“Did you tell him about Sam?”

“Ani, I will soon, I’m returning to Seoul next month.”

“Aw, I see.”

“Unless you ask me not to then I’ll stay.”

“H-Hyung!”

“You told m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter