Mistake 11

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2020

 

Seoul Hospital

Pediatric Ward

 

Back to the pediatric ward, Woohyun walked there carrying his five years old girl and was welcomed by one of the sweet nurses who asked if he needs help because he seemed lost as if looking for something.

“How can I help you, sir?”

“My daughter isn’t feeling well; I think she has a fever.”

The nurse-led Woohyun to an empty bed to lay Elle on it as she measured her temperature, “Are you new here? Does she have a file here?”

“We just arrived from the US; we’re kind of new here.”

“Ah~, I see, you don’t worry, I’ll take care of all the papers you just need to sign them, how old are you, dear?”

“I’m five”, Elle looked at her father, “Can’t we just call mammy?”

Just as Woohyun was going to answer her the nurse smiled to assure him, “she has a slight fever, the doctor will be with you in less than a minute, Dr Kim is the best.”

“Dr Kim? As in-”

“Dr Kim Sunggyu, you’re lucky he has no patients now.”

“Elle!!”

“Mammy!!!!!”

Elle jumped from the bed and ran to hug her mammy who got on his knees to catch her; she misses him so much last time she saw him was three months ago before he returned to Seoul alone. Sunggyu’s heart almost stopped when he saw her laying on the bed, but when she ran towards him, he was assured it was nothing serious.

“I missed you”, Sunggyu cupped the little girl’s cheeks examining her from head to toe to make sure she is okay, “Are you okay? Are you sick?” he then hugged her again, “Don’t scare mammy like that!”

“I’m okay, ~~, I think I have a fever.”

Sunggyu pressed his palm on her forehead, “You’re warm, did they take your temperature?”

“Yes, Dr Kim”, the nurse joined them with the readings, so Sunggyu stood up again carrying his girl, “She has a slight fever, 38.”

“Thank you, nurse; I’ll take it from here.”

The nurse smiled, “When she asked for her mammy, I didn’t know she meant you, Dr Kim, you have a lovely girl.”

Sunggyu returned the smile, “Thank you.”

The nurse bowed and left leaving Woohyun and Sunggyu finally alone, but Sunggyu didn’t say much he just rolled his eyes and walked to his office and Woohyun just followed him.

 

Sunggyu’s office

“Couldn’t you just call me!!! She is my daughter too!!”

“Here we go again”, Woohyun rolled his eyes taking a seat on the chair, “I was just avoiding you and your arguments because recently that’s all you want to do! Either that or runaway you coward.”

“Yeah, yeah, drop this on me! Oh, I have an idea why don’t you call your mom and complain me to her!”

“Don’t you bring my mother into this!!! That is between you and me! Can’t you be professional and treat your daughter like a decent doctor!”

That was the last straw, “Fine, then get out!!!”

“Yah, she is mine too!!”

Sunggyu lowered his girl who was used to all of this by now and pulled Woohyun to stand. “Leave my office Nam Woohyun.”

“No!!”

“Mammy, daddy can’t you two just chill?”

“NO!”

“NO!”

Getting a ‘No’ from both of them at the same time was expected, so she just sat on Sunggyu’s chair waiting for them to end it by themselves. And knowing how stubborn Sunggyu was Woohyun had no option but to leave and come back again.

“Fine, I’ll go drink coffee, don’t take long.”

Elle hugged her mammy’s leg when her father left to get his attention, and it did the trick Sunggyu carried her to sit on his desk in front of him, “I’m sorry you had to see this again.”

“It’s okay mammy”, Elle gave her mammy her best smile before she asks, “Can’t we live together again, mammy? I miss you, why did you leave without me!”

Sunggyu caressed her cheek, warmly, “I’m sorry, baby, it won't happen again.”

"Does that mean you'll come with us??"

"Ani, I can't."

“But why?”

“Because- I don’t know.”

“Just say you’re sorry, Appa loves you a lot.”

Sunggyu kissed his girl, “Aigo~~, why do you worry about these things now?” 

“Appa doesn’t want to listen to you, right?”

“Hmm.”

“Appa has a big heart he will listen to you, I know he will.”

“You’re right, but mammy pushed it too far.”

“Grandma said- never mind.”

“What did she say?”

The little girl tried to bring out her best smile, “Nothing.”

Sunggyu ruffled the little girl’s hair, “come let mammy treat you so that you can go home.”

 

Woohyun waited for 30 minutes before he returned to pick up his daughter, he knows Sunggyu misses her a lot, to see them hugging while sitting on the chair melted his heart.

“Appa!!!”

Though it was harsh, Woohyun took Elle from her mammy back to his arms, “How do you feel princess?”

“I’m better; mammy is the best!!!”

Sunggyu got closer to Woohyun and handed him Elle medicine, “I’ll text you the doses, so unblock my number.”

"I-"

"I know you did I couldn't care less that you did, but it's Elle's health so just let's be grown-ups and handle it like adults."

“Araso.”

“Are you coming mammy later?” Sunggyu couldn’t say anything, telling his girl he can’t come and see her pained him, but he had no other option, understanding her mammy Elle gave him her best smile, “It’s okay mammy, Elle loves you so~~~~~ much.”

“I love you more princess.”

“Let’s go Elle; Nana is waiting.”

“Wait”, Sunggyu held his daughter hands tightly then kissed them, “Make sure she has no fever at night and if she is still warm, give her a cold bath.”

“I will don’t worry”, it's hard, but he had to do it, “Sunggyu, we have to go.”

“Yeah, sure”, Elle kissed her mammy before he let her go, “Can you please update me?”

“Sunggyu I-”

“Text, that’s all I’m asking, one text.”

“Hmm, sure.”

 

Myungsoo walked into his friend’s office to find him absentminded standing in the middle of his office, staring at the door, “Was that your husband?? He walked so fast I couldn’t be sure.”

“Hmm.”

Myungsoo looked at the floor and gasped, “Yah! You’re bleeding.”

Sunggyu groaned but maintained a very calm face as he took a seat on the chair, “I know.”

“Don’t you want to check it?”

“Ani.”

“What do you mean ‘Ani’! Why are you so calm!!”

“Because panicking won't stop the bleeding.”

“Gyu.”

“I’m a doctor; I know how it goes.”

“Gyu”, Myungsoo sighed unable to do anything about it by now, it’s too late “You need to tell someone about it, you can’t keep it all inside you you’ll explode.”

“I don’t want to make my parents worry about me.”

“Your parents will figure it out when they discover that your husband and daughter are in Seoul but living separately.”

“Hmm, I know.”

“Where are you staying now?”

“At my parents’ house, but I’m moving out to a hotel.”

“Not in that status you’re not!”

“They’ll ask questions; I can't hide my feelings from mom she'll see right through me!”

“That let’s go do something about it now”, Myungsoo helped his friend to stand, “Can you walk? Are you dizzy?”

“A little, but I’m fine.”

“That’s a lot of blood I would’ve fainted.”

“You’re weak, give me a minute to use the bathroom and change.”

“Hmm, call me if you need help.”

 

 

 

Sungyeol’s apartment

 

Sungyeol smiled, watching Sungjong helping his son with his homework which was all craft art and needed no effort, but it still looked adorable.

Three years ago, Sungyeol proposed for Sungjong to make their relationship more official and asked him to marry him. Strangely Sungjong refused and insisted on keeping their relationship in dating frame only not because he hated the idea of marrying him; it was for Sam’s sake. Sungjong knew that no matter how long he’ll date Sungyeol, the moment he meets Myungsoo again, the elder’s heart will soften again regardless of how much he tells him that Myungsoo’s chapter is closed.

Sungjong was already attached to the little boy, and to make it official then be taken away from him by his biological father is going to be hard on him. Putting Sam in the middle of this taking his daddy’s place then making him choose between them seemed unfair for a little boy to go through all of this, so not only he was protecting his heart he was doing that for Sam as well.

 

Why was Sungjong so sure that Sungyeol still loves Myungsoo no matter how many times he denies and swears that he loves him! It was every time Sungyeol got drunk that uncovered his true feelings which were a lot of time. Sungyeol never failed to call Sungjong by Myungsoo’s name whether they were in a party or making out or even having , drunk Sungyeol always called out for Myungsoo. And because Sungyeol was so lovely and lovable to him all these years, the younger kept it for himself and never told Sungyeol about it or even got mad at him for such mistake. He rather enjoys the time being together until it all ends and Sungyeol reunited with Myungsoo along with Sam.

 

Sungyeol back hugged Sungjong leaning over his shoulder, “Did you call Sunggyu yet?”

“Ani, I didn’t get the chance to do it, Sam’s school first day was yesterday.”

“I should’ve booked for an earlier flight.”

“I know, but you don’t listen!!!!”

Sungyeol tightened his hold around Sungjong’s neck, “Thank you for taking care of us; I don’t know what I would’ve done without you.”

“You’d be lost”, Sungjong pushed the elder off him making sure he kisses him before he pouts, “What about your friend?”

“You mean your café partner?”

“Yes, him.”

“He texted me that Elle is a bit sick.”

“Her mother is a doctor, but his head is made of rock!”

“Come on Jjong, you know he has the right to be upset.”

“Three months is enough punishment! Sunggyu is her mother.”

“I don’t agree with how Hyun dealt with this issue, but we can’t interfere with their problems, they are both grown men let them handle it by themselves.”

Sungjong kissed Sam on his cheek, “Go wash and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter