Mistake 15

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2020

 

One week later

Yadong House

 

It’s been a week since Howon asked for a divorce, a week since he applied for a vacation from work just to avoid meeting up with Dongwoo and it took Dongwoo a week to master up and finally meet Howon to set things straight between them.

Though Dongwoo had a key to his house, he preferred to ring the bell instead of barging into the house. Howon was expecting to see his husband; it wasn’t a shock to see him standing by the door.

“Can I come in?”

“Hmm.”

 

Howon didn’t know what to expect from his husband, Dongwoo has always been unpredictable, he still remembers how he switched from someone who was madly in love with Sunggyu to him confessing his feelings to him. At that time, he didn’t give it too much of a thought; Howon was in love and ready to eliminate the competition.

“You didn’t show up to work.”

“I needed time to think.”

“Does that mean you’re reconsidering your divorce request?”

“I don’t know, should I?”

“Hmm, I think you should.”

“You came here to say something, what is it?” Howon needed to hear him first before he decides.

“I cheated on you with my intern, I’m a player always has and always will be, I want to change and be loyal, but that’s just who I am.”

“So, you’re basically here to tell me to either accept you the way you are or divorce, is that what you’re saying?”

“I’m trying to be honest here, isn’t that what you wanted?”

“I really don’t get you.”

“I’m sorry, I do want to change, help me change. I love you.”

“For how long you’ve cheated on me?”

“Four years.”

“F-Four years? Is it because I was too busy at the hospital that you felt lonely?”

“Honey, no!! I’m a surgeon myself, believe me, I understand.”

“Then is it because I couldn’t give you kids?”

“Honey~.”

“No!” Howon didn’t want to be touched by Dongwoo not yet, “Give me a valid reason for your cheating, was it me? Did I do something? Was I not good enough in bed!!”

“Honey~, no!”

“Then what is it? Is there something wrong with me that I can’t have kids and you don’t want to hurt my feelings, so you cheated on me?”

“Ani”, Dongwoo had the intention to say it all today, “there is nothing wrong with you; you don’t need to do tests to figure out whether you can get pregnant or not.”

“I don’t understand!”

“I just don’t want kids, so I made sure you take birth control pills regularly.”

“You did what!”

“I did the same to Sunggyu; his miscarriage wasn’t accidental too. I made sure it happens.”

Howon tears fall at that, “How-? What did you do to him!”

“I gave him pills; he thought it was vitamins.”

“But you said you’re happy!”

“I lied, what was I supposed to do!! He was so nervous I didn’t want to break his heart.”

“Do you know how it feels to lose a baby?”

“I know I was next to him when it happened. I felt sorry for him.”

“Felt sorry for him? You killed his baby! YOUR baby.”

“Technically it wasn’t a baby yet, come on Howon you know this already, you’re a doctor.”

“I don’t understand; you did the impossible to get an answer from Sunggyu about his pregnancy, you told him you’d take that baby from him if it were yours!”

“Hmm, I was planning to take that baby away.”

“You mean-?”

“What! No, it was too late for that, probably give him for adoption. Tell Sunggyu I lost him or something.”

“Omg! What if you discovered that Elle was your daughter? What were you going to do to her?”

“You don’t want to know.”

Howon didn’t even know if he heard all of this correctly or if he is dreaming. “Does Sunggyu know about this?”

“Ani and I have no intention to tell him, we’re divorced, and it’s in the past, he is married now living the life he wants with Woohyun.”

“Aren’t you scared I tell him!”

“Ani, he wouldn’t believe you anyway, did you forget you’re the man behind the divorce.”

“Don’t I deserve to know why you don’t want kids?”

“Do we really have to talk about this?”

“You ing gave me pills behind my back!!! I deserve to know.”

“I’m not father material, with kids’ responsibilities rise, and I don’t have time for that”, Dongwoo reached for Howon’s shoulder, “I didn’t tell you that because I love you and I didn’t want you to leave me, I know you want kids.”

“You told me you want to have kids with me, was that a lie too?”

“Yes, I’m sorry.”

“You’re far from being sorry; I’ll tell you why you don’t want kids it’s because you don’t want to settle with someone, you want to continue jumping from one man to another.”

“You’re right I was wrong, we should’ve discussed everything before we get married, can’t we put everything behind us and start fresh?”

Howon reached for the brown file on the coffee table and gave it to Dongwoo, “I’ve signed them.”

“Howon, please I love you.”

“You sure have a different definition of love!”

“I was trying to be honest here! You asked for the truth. You can’t punish me for being honest!”

“You’ll never change Dongwoo, and I’m not willing to stay with someone who thinks about himself only”, as hard as it was to say it, but Howon knew it was the only truth, “You’re only here because Sunggyu rejected you, aren’t you?”

“I chose you over him, why are you still jealous of him!”

“Because you never stopped loving him, you love adventure, to try something new, and I happened to be there, but what didn’t cross your mind is Sunggyu’s reaction, you thought he’ll always depend on you that he’ll follow you to Seoul and ask for your help! You didn’t know he’d move on and be a great doctor and to top that marry someone better than you!!”

“YAH!! That man is never better than me!!”

“I wish I had someone who loves me, no matter what! Unconditional love. That man was willing to rise a kid that wasn’t his!!!”

“I chose you despite my parents’ disapproval!! I fought everyone for us, how can you say that!”

“And yet they only accepted me when Sunggyu asked them. Even your parents don’t listen to you!!!”

“Wah, you are jealous of him, what a pity, I thought you’re more confident, guess I was wrong.”

“You were the mistake in Sunggyu’s life and in mine too”, Howon pushed the papers to Dongwoo’s chest, “Sign those paper Dongwoo.”

“Araso”, Dongwoo snatched the file from his husband, “you’ll regret this Howon, mark my words.”

“Get out of my house.”

 

 

 

Woogyu House

 

Things were settled between Woohyun and Sunggyu since their argument at Sunggyu’s house; they didn’t bring what happened between them again and decided to move on because they to live happily with their daughter and their unborn baby.

As far for the pregnancy, Sunggyu didn’t think he’d show that fast, which made Woohyun excited thinking the more the younger showed means he is healthier and fine. Elle was as excited as her daddy, she always made sure to read stories for her unborn sister before bed, and that’s exactly what she was doing now only this time Sunggyu was too tired that he fell asleep first before the story ends.

Elle made sure to cover her mammy and kiss him before she leaves to her room and sleep as well, “Are you done, princess?”

“Hmm, mammy fell asleep too.”

“Wah”, Woohyun carried her “Your story must be so good that mammy fell asleep.”

“Hmm, recently he doesn’t sleep I can tell he’s in pain, but mammy doesn’t say anything.”

“Do you know you’re the sweetest girl I’ve ever met!!”

That made the little girl smile nodding, “I’ll read for mammy every night to help him sleep.”

“I’m sure mammy would be very happy.”

 

Woohyun didn’t have the heart to send his daughter alone to her room, he made sure to put her in bed and sing a song for her to help her sleep like he always does before he returned to his room and check on Sunggyu, a little concert between him and his daughter.

Only Sunggyu wasn’t in bed, and the elder guessed that nausea probably kicked in and disturbed his sleep, if only he can do something about it. Sunggyu walked out from the bathroom to be welcomed by Woohyun’s warm hug; he knows that Sunggyu doesn’t like to throw up with someone standing over his head.

“Do you feel better?”

“Hmm, where is Elle? I can’t believe I fell asleep before her.”

“Don’t feel bad”, Woohyun pecked his lips, “If only you saw how proud she was for helping you sleep.”

“I’ll go kiss her then join you downstairs; I’m hungry.”

“Araso, I’ll cook for us.”

“No please don’t, I’ll do it your cooking !!”

“Aish~~, why are you harsh!! I’m trying here!”

“Hyung, darling you’re good at other things, it’s just cooking is not your thing, that’s all.”

“Other things? Like what, I need a list.”

“Are we really doing this!!” Sunggyu whined not wanting to waste time; he is hungry after all.

Woohyun gave Sunggyu a firm nod, “Yes, you better hurry Doc.”

“Mmm, you’re an amazing father.”

“Give me more, something ier.”

Sunggyu smiled, understanding what Woohyun wants to hear, “You’re a good kisser.”

Woohyun bit his lips looking at the younger’s lips before he pecked them, “Anything else?”

“You’re great in bed.”

And it did make Woohyun happy, the smile on his face said it all, “Does that mean we’re doing it tonight?”

“Hmm, definitely.”

Woohyun’s hand worked on Sunggyu’s shirt ing it, where his eyes were fixed on his husband’s lips, “How about we do it now! Dinner can wait.”

“No! I’m hungry.”

“We can eat later.”

“I don’t want to have on an empty stomach!”

“How about you drink milk before we do it?”

“No!!” Woohyun pouted when Sunggyu pushed him off him, “Go~~ and wait for me, I’ll be back fast.”

“Araso.”

 

Sunggyu was hoping to join his husband in the kitchen and continue flirting while he cooks, only there was someone else downstairs talking to his husband, and by her voice, he knew it was Mrs Nam, which made him want to turn and go back upstairs but it was too late they already saw him.

“Sunggyu, I’m glad you’re here.”

“You are?” that was strange; the elder usually doesn’t greet him like that. Though he wasn’t a fan, he still bowed and greeted the elder, “Hello, Mrs Nam.”

“Babe, mom wants to talk to you. I’ll go prepare snacks for us.”

“How about a real meal, uh?”

“You know I can’t cook!! How dare you!!!”

“Then you stay here, and I’ll cook something for all of us, how about that?” Sunggyu would do and say anything to avoid being alone with her.

Mrs Nam smiled confusing the younger even more, “Then how about Sunggyu and me cook together, is that okay?”

Sunggyu glanced at his husband who was practically begging him with his eyes to say yes, “Araso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter