Mistake 8

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2014

 

US

Café

 

It’s been four or three days since Woohyun and Sunggyu returned to the US, Sunggyu couldn’t take meeting up casually with his ex, and he can’t be selfish and ask his parents to kick him out during his stay. So, returning to the US was the right decision; it wasn’t only his ex, Sunggyu was trying to avoid meeting Woohyun’s parents. His last meeting with Woohyun’s mom wasn’t pleasant, and if she knew that he is pregnant with another man’s baby while hanging out with her son, she wouldn’t be happy about it.

Everything changed once Sunggyu entered his 15 weeks, not feeling pregnant wasn’t a thing anymore, it amazed him how he started to show slightly overnight and what scared him the most the new symptom addition, dizziness.

 

Sungjong pouted unable to complain as he watches his best friend leaning over Woohyun’s shoulder eyes closed resting, while he takes over their shift because Sunggyu was about to faint earlier. He doesn’t mind Sunggyu taking a rest but why does Woohyun have to take one too!!!

“What is it Sungjong?”

Sungjong sighed, “Ajusshi, tell him to get back to work!! I need help.”

“You mean Woohyun?”

“Yeah.”

“But he is looking after your friend. Who’s been covering for your shifts for the past three days to make it up to you.”

True, Sunggyu felt terrible to leave Sungjong look after the café by himself, especially when Woohyun left as well even if it was for only a couple of days, he still felt terrible. Covering for his friend’s shift while pregnant wasn’t easy of course, but who dares to go against his will.

“Sunggyu can rest all day I don’t mind, but Hyung needs to help me out here! It’s crowded today.”

“Hmm, you’re right, I’ll call him over.”

The café Ajusshi made sure to text Myungsoo to come over and take his friend home; it’s about time he interferes and boss around. Woohyun had no option but to listen to his boss at least he rests assured that Sunggyu is in good hands resting.

 

By the time the café is about to close, things began to slow down, and customers were leaving, that’s when Sungjong had the opportunity to ask his questions.

“Here, I made you coffee.”

Woohyun smiled, taking the offered coffee, “Thank you, I needed one.”

Sungjong leant on the counter having his drink as well, “What kind of relationship you have with Sunggyu?”

Woohyun chuckled at how straight forward Sunggyu’s friends were, they never let him down when it comes to sticking their nose into their friend’s business.

“Shouldn’t you like- I don’t know, ask your friend about it?”

“His words don’t match his face when you’re around; I don’t trust his answers.”

“And that’s curiosity talking or you caring?”

“Of course, it’s out of care”, Sungjong added since Woohyun doesn’t seem like he’ll talk, “Look I do not doubt you, I know you’re a good man, I can tell.”

“Well, thank you, that’s so nice of you to say.”

“Sunggyu won’t be able to trust you soon fully; I know my friend, and I couldn’t blame him; he has his reasons that I fully support.”

“You’re scared I bail on your friend tired of waiting, aren’t you?” Sungjong nodded, “Don’t worry, I love your friend even though he told me he doesn’t love me multiple times.”

Sungjong sighed in relief, hearing these words from Woohyun, “And his baby?”

“What about it?”

“What did Sunggyu tell you?”

“It’s Dongwoo’s baby, I know so relax.”

“You don’t mind?”

“Ani, I don’t care, I’ll raise that baby as if he or she is mine”, Woohyun sipped the last drop from his coffee, “Let’s close up the café.”

“Hmm.”

“Wait”, Woohyun wasn’t having doubts or insecure, but he needed to have slight of hope that things will work out between them in future, “You said something about Sunggyu’s face, what about it?”

“I did?”

“You said his face doesn’t match his words.”

“Aaaa~~ that, when he is around you he looks calm and happy.”

 

Woohyun had to control himself from jumping and hugging Sungjong, it’s not like he didn’t feel how calm and happy Sunggyu was around him, he actually sensed it and needed someone to verify it. Woohyun knows when you’re in love, you see things differently sometimes as if the smallest action could have a different meaning in a lover's eyes. He just needed to hear someone else’s perspective that it’s not all in his head because he is head over heels in love with Sunggyu.

 

 

Myungsoo’s Dorm

 

Myungsoo was no better than Sungjong; he needed to hear it all from Sunggyu’s mouth. Sunggyu didn’t say much when he returned; he just handed Myungsoo money to cover his room expenses since he was in no condition to move out and live alone now. Plus, Myungsoo covered a lot of things for him; he felt like returning the favour.

Sunggyu laid on the couch, flipping through the TV channels none stop, he wasn’t into anything specific and just wanted to kill time as he waits for his friend to prepare dinner. Myungsoo sat on the wooden table in front of Sunggyu blocking the TV view with a plate full of snacks.

“Eat something if you’re hungry now, dinner will be ready in 15 minutes.”

“I’ll wait for dinner, thank you” Sunggyu switched off the TV and smiled he knew his friend had questions, “Go ahead, ask me what’s on your mind.”

“How did your parents react?”

“Like any parents, they were very supportive.”

“And the baby?”

“They know of course but promised to keep it a secret from him.”

“You think they will? Dongwoo is their son.”

“I trust them.”

“Did you tell them who is the father?” Sunggyu nodded, “I see, did you meet him?”

“Yeah.”

“What happened between you and him?” Myungsoo knew the answer before he hears it when wiped Sunggyu’s tears, “Hey~, he isn’t worth your tears.”

“I’m not crying because of him, I’m crying because I was stupid, you were right Myung.”, the hardest thing to do is realizing how everyone was right about someone, but you decided to ignore them and believe the other guy.

Myungsoo knew that sleeping with Dongwoo was wrong and he made sure to voice out his opinion about it loud and clear for his friend not to make another mistake and sleep again with his Hyung, yet Sunggyu didn’t listen.

“You didn’t know”, Myungsoo squeezed his friend’s hand, “What did he say?”

“That- it wasn’t love! That it was just , that he married me because he got caught and forced to fix things.”

“You were young; it’s okay we all made mistakes back then, right?”

“True, but in my case, everyone told me it wasn’t right, I chose not to listen.”

“You shouldn’t be the one crying here feeling like ; it’s him who’s supposed to feel ashamed for taking advantage of a teenager at that time.”

“M-Myung.”

Myungsoo helped his friend to sit and joined him on couch offering for his friend a shoulder to lean on, “We can’t change the past we learn from it, you’re divorced now and still young it’s not too late to start fresh.”

“I told Woohyun Hyung that I don’t love him.”

“You think to lie about how you feel for him will fix your past mistakes?”

“Y-Yah, it’s not a lie, I don’t love him- I think.”

“Then why didn’t you stop checking your messages all day?”

“I- I did not!!”

“And why are you still with him?”

“Fine”, Sunggyu didn’t have another choice but to tell his friend, “Myung, can you keep a secret?”

 

Myungsoo answered the door and welcomed his boyfriend in; the tallboy can’t stay away from his boy for too long. The two-relationship developed fast that it scared Myungsoo a little, a few months back they were only buddies that liked each other, and now Sungyeol is vocal on how much he loves him. At first, it was cute, but looking back at his friend’s experience made the younger take one step backwards and take things slowly, Sungyeol will graduate soon and leave again to Seoul, will he wait for him?

 

“Wow, Sunggyu you’re actually pregnant I can finally see a tummy.”

“I know it’s crazy,” Sunggyu sighed as he checked his mobile, no missed calls and no messages “where is Woohyun Hyung?”

Sungyeol wished his friend was here to hear the boy he loves the most ask about his whereabouts, “Probably at the bar.”

“Hyung, don’t you have work to do?”

Sungyeol pouted squeezing his boyfriend between his arms, “Why~~~, are you trying to kick me out?”

“You can’t come every day; you just can’t.”

“Why not?”

“No reason”, Myungsoo unlocked his boyfriend’s arms difficultly, “Do you want to drink something?”

Sungyeol couldn’t contain his smile, he knows what Myungsoo is doing, but he decided to ignore it and play dumb, “Coffee, please.”

“Fine, and you?” Sunggyu shook his head, “Even better; I’ll be back.”

 

Sungyeol waited until Myungsoo leaves to have a one-to-one conversation with Sunggyu, “I know he told me.”

“And what do you think about it?”

“I’m in no place to give advice, I can’t even control my relationship with that kitten, but I don’t want you to regret anything later, my friend deserves to be happy too.”

Sunggyu smiled, looking at his mobile, “He usually calls or at least sends a message.”

“Does that mean you miss him?”

“A little- no, I don’t, it’s just a habit.”

“Wow, who would’ve known an innocent face can be that harsh.”

“Hyung!”

“I’m not judging you here, but you made a choice don’t turn it into another mistake just because you can’t get over a past relationship.”

“What do you know about my past relationship! You don’t even know me.”

“I know you agreed to be in that relationship with Woohyun while you’re still unsure about your feelings, how selfish does that make you?”

“That’s harsh!”

“Don’t make my friend one of your adventure in self-discovery, Woohyun deserves much more than to be a phase or a mistake.”

“I don’t want to hear this anymore.”

“You asked for an opinion.”

“Well, I take it back.”

“If you’re too scared to be in a new relationship, then why did you drag my friend into this!!!”

Sunggyu rose from the couch wearing his jacket, “I’m leaving.”

“Wait, where are you going?”

“Out, don’t worry, I’m not going to screw your friend’s life. I just don’t want to stay around you.”

“Come on, don’t take what I said personally. I didn’t mean to offend you.”

Sunggyu smiled, “Look who is scared now.”

“I’m not scared.”

“Yes, you’re scared you things up between us, and Myungsoo leaves you, am I right or what!” Sungyeol was about to deny it, but he ended up nodded, “I guess we all have our fears now do we.”

“Sunggyu~, come on.”

“Later, Hyung.”

Myungsoo walked in when Sunggyu slammed the door on his way out, to Sungyeol’s surprise Myungsoo didn’t say a word and calmly placed the coffee on the table in front of him, he is sure that Myungsoo heard everything they weren’t quiet anyway.

“I- I ed up, I’m sorry.”

“Do you think their relationship is a mistake?”

“Hmm, I believe Sunggyu needs to focus on himself get it together then start a new relationship.”

“I agree, but who’s fault was it that they’re together now?”

“Yah, it’s not Woohyun’s fault that he fell in love.”

“He should’ve said no when Sunggyu asked him to sleep with him if he did we wouldn’t be in this .”

“My friend was trying to protect him.”

“By having with him? Wow, what a way of protection.”

Sungyeol tried to gather himself and control his nerves not to say more and end up with a breakup, Myungsoo wasn’t going to back out, “Look you’re right, but they both made wrong choices we can’t blame only Woohyun on this, right?”

“Did you mean what you said to Sunggyu?”

“Myungsoo~~, come on.”

“Please answer me”, Myungsoo held Sungyeol’s hand, “I’m not going to break up with you for having an opinion about my friend’s life. I just need to know.”

“Hmm.”

 

 

Woohyun’s Bar

 

It smells and not a pleasant smell and with this pregnancy going on it gave him nausea but Sunggyu had nowhere else to go but to look for Woohyun at the bar, which was a pretty hard thing to do since it was fully crowded and loud.

“Hi.”

“Hello~~~, what do you want to drink, sir?”

“Nothing. Can you please tell me where is the owner?”

“Mr Nam?” Sunggyu nodded, “At his room” Sunggyu was about to go, but the bartender caught his hand, “Not so fast love, wait I need to inform him first, your name?”

“Sunggyu.”

“Full

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter