Mistake 1

MistakeS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2009

US

 

“We’re broke!!”

“We will figure it out.”

“No!!” Dongwoo walked away from Sunggyu, “They are going to kick us out, where we will live!! And what about college, huh?”

“Hyung.”

“I’m sorry, come here,” Dongwoo hugged the younger, feeling bad for yelling at him and stressing him it’s not Sunggyu’s fault, “I’ll see what I can do about it, don’t worry.”

“But-”

“Go to sleep; you have a big exam coming; you need to be awake and alert.”

 

Sunggyu was only 16 when they got married, the elder at that time, just graduated from med school and was waiting for a resident scholarship in the US. He had to work in Seoul for two years before he gets accepted, which was perfect for him Sunggyu would graduate from High school and apply to a college in the US with him.

Everything was perfect, Dongwoo’s parents adored Sunggyu, the younger made their son happy and settled, Dongwoo is known to be a playboy his parents lost hope to see him settled down and married. Sunggyu, on the other hand, had no parents, he lived with his aunt and uncle which were happy to get rid of him before graduation, that means fewer expenses, they already had kids to look after.

 

Though the between Sunggyu and Dongwoo was big (8 years to be more specific), they were perfect for each other. Sunggyu didn’t sound like a 16 years old brat when they got married, he was mature with good grades, and he even got himself a scholarship at the same university his husband applied to work for it.

 

Everything was excellent; the couple moved to the US as soon as Sunggyu graduated, they lived in an apartment near Sunggyu’s university. The elder would make sure his husband is in college before he drives off to work at the hospital.

These happy days ended when the bills increased, and the couple had no other way to deal with them anymore, Dongwoo’s salary covered everything including apartment rent, car rent, food, health and more Sunggyu’s college expenses which were draining.

 

“I can work and help.”

Dongwoo smiled at his husband’s adorableness, “You do know you’re a med student; it isn’t easy to work and study.”

“I know that’s why I’ll leave med school.”

“Yah!! Are you nut!! It is your second year!!”

“Hyung listen to me first,” Sunggyu forced his husband to sit on the sofa, taking the space next to him holding his hand, “It’s temporary, only for one year then I’ll return to med school.”

“I don’t know~~; it doesn’t feel right.”

“I want to do it,” Sunggyu smiled, pecking his husband’s lips, “I already found two jobs you can’t say no.”

“Yah, you made up your mind even before you ask me!!”

“Hmm, because I know you can’t say no to me.”

 

Dongwoo wanted to squeeze his husband into a hug, Sunggyu’s confident always gets him, and the younger is right, Dongwoo never in his life said no to him, “Can’t you let me think about it first?”

“Ani~~~, here.”

Dongwoo took the paper from Sunggyu, “A waitress?????? Hell no, go back to school, I refuse.”

“I’ll work as a barista in the morning at a café close to our apartment then a waitress at this restaurant, it’s not far.”

“Honey~~, this doesn’t feel right, let me talk to mom and dad see if they can help before you do that.”

Sunggyu shook his head, “You shouldn’t burden them, Hyung; they already helped a lot.”

Dongwoo couldn’t stop himself from hugging the younger, “What did I do in my life to get an amazing husband!”

“Mom’s prayers, you were hopeless without her prayers.”

“Y-Yah!!” Sunggyu took the chance to slip from the elder’s arms dazed by what he just heard from his husband, “Yah, get back here.”

Sunggyu kept their bedroom door as a shield hiding behind it, “No.”

Sunggyu wasn’t strong enough to keep the elder from getting into the bedroom; Dongwoo successfully pushed the door open and pinned his dear husband on the bed, “Take that back!”

Sunggyu tilted his head, biting his lips, teasingly, “What if I don’t?”

Dongwoo smirked, knowing how playful his innocent boy can sometimes turn; aside from him, no one ever got to see, only for his eyes, “You asked for it, Kim Sunggyu.”

 

 

 

Two months later

Café – Sunggyu’s working place

 

“It’s not too late, come back to class.”

Sunggyu sighed, looking out from the window taking his first break after 6 hours standing on his feet with a smile on his face asking strangers what they would like to drink then wish them a happy day. It’s been only two months since he took that job, but the paying made a difference, even tips were no joke.

Myungsoo came over again to convince his best friend to return to med school, Sunggyu was smart it was a waste to see his friend spend his time doing something he doesn’t like shouldn’t this be his husband’s job!!

 

“Kim, the break is over, get back here.”

“Is he kidding me!! You barely had 10 minutes break!”

“Myung, calm down,” Sunggyu got up, “Right away, sir.”

Myungsoo caught his friend’s arm before he leaves back behind the counter, “Should he at least give you 30 minutes break? You are not a machine!!”

“I asked for a raise, and the tip is great, people are willing to give you money just for a smile, and I’m helping a friend too.”

“You mean Sungjong? The boy you recently met!!!” Sunggyu nodded, “Why are you doing favors for strangers!! Did you look at your face? God, you looked better studying all night.”

“KIM.”

“I have to go, later, Myung.”

“Araso, answer me when I call, got it?”

Sunggyu smiled, nodding, “Araso.”

 

Sunggyu bowed and apologized for taking too long to return behind the counter, “What can I get you, sir-? Hyung!”

Dongwoo smiled, making the younger smile as well, forgetting all the tiredness, “The usual baby.”

“Sure.”

Another doctor stood beside Dongwoo, “Can I have the same?”

“That’s Dr Lee Howon, you remember him, right?”

Sunggyu nodded then bowed, “Nice to see you again.”

“Dongwoo wasn’t kidding when he said he married an angel.”

“Yah Lee Howon!!! Are you flirting with my husband!!”

“Why, ~~~, I can’t?”

“Leave Howon; I’ll pay for both.”

“Geez, Araso, Araso, I’m leaving,” Howon shook hands with Sunggyu, “Let’s meet again for dinner, I’m buying.”

“Sure.”

“Go, Howon.”

“Fine~~~. Bye, bye, Sunggyu.”

“Bye.”

“Sorry about that, Howon is a good man he just loves to flirt with everything.”

“Hmm, that’s okay.”

“Can I have 5 minutes with you?”

“Actually-”

“Dr Jang!!! It’s good to see you again.”

Dongwoo shook hands with the owner of the café, “Good to see you too.”

“Did Sunggyu take care of you?”

Dongwoo smiled, nodding, “Like always.”

“Good,” the owner then patted Sunggyu’s back, “Go, talk to your husband, Sungjong just arrived he’ll cover for you.”

Sungjong joined them, smiling brightly like always, “I can take it from here; go, go.”

“Thank you; I’ll be back fast.”

“Hmm, now go.”

 

The younger took his husband to the staff rest area, where it was quiet away from the café noise, and then hugged him right away, “Everything good, baby?”

“Hmm.”

“Did Myungsoo pass by today?”

“Yeah, he gave me today’s lectures.”

“Good, make sure you read them later, it will help you when you’re back to college.”

“Hmm.”

Dongwoo backed from the hug to look into his husband’s eyes, “What? You know you can tell me anything.”

“Promise you won’t be mad.”

“You’re scaring me what’s wrong?” Dongwoo frowned, examining his husband’s pale face, “When was the last time you ate? Did you have breakfast?”

“Hyung, I’m trying to tell you something.”

Dongwoo leaned toward Sunggyu’s face matching his eyes with a soft smile, “Did you take the test?”

“H-Hyung! How did you-?”

“Throwing up in the morning, moody, craving ice cream at midnight. Did you forget I’m a doctor?” Sunggyu hugged the elder hiding his face; he doesn’t know if this is what his husband wants, especially right now with their situation, “So, did you?”

“It’s positive.”

“Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Sunggyu looked up, surprised, why did his husband sound excited? “Hyung, you don’t mind?”

“Why would I mind?”

“But we can’t afford a baby now-”

Dongwoo pecked his lips, shushing him, “No negative thoughts, we can do this together, we’re both working now, and by the time our baby is big enough for nursery you’d be back in med school, and I’ll handle the rest.”

“You make it sound easy.”

“It is easy.”

“I didn’t know you want kids now; I thought you wanted to wait.”

“If I wanted to wait then I would’ve used protection instead of -”

Sunggyu covered the elder’s mouth, and it made him chuckles through Sunggyu’s hand, “Hyung, this is my working place, behave!”

“You’re no fun~~~,” Dongwoo pecked his lips one more time, “I have to go, make sure you rest and don’t overwork yourself. I’ll talk to your boss.”

“No need, he is a nice man. I’ll talk to him.”

Dongwoo always forgets that Sunggyu isn’t a kid anymore, the 16 years old boy he married grew up just fine and was able to look after himself, “Hmm, Araso.”

 

Sungjong nudged his co-worker the minute he joined him, “So? What did he say?”

“He is happy.”

“See~~~~~; you were worried for no reason.”

“You’re right; I overthink things sometimes.”

Sungjong looked from the window peeking at Dongwoo talking with his friend outside the café drinking their coffee, “Your husband is handsome, but he doesn’t look our age, how old is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter