Bonus Chapter: 2 {New}

Byun Baekhyun The Fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

High school love is such a fragile thing. It almost seems as if anything can ruin it, but that isn't how Baekhyun and Hyemi saw things. In their opinions, love can overcome any obstacles as long as you nurture it. Of course, it was hard going from being a couple in high school, to being a couple in university--especially when you're at different universities. It's often a reason for heartbreak. Long distance . It's just not for everyone, no matter how hard you try to make it work. Schedules clash and life smacks you right in the face.

"And that's why we broke up." 

Somi sobbed into Hyemi's sweater. Hyemi did her best to comfort her, but in all honesty she wasn't sure how. She was still with the one person who she really ever loved in that way. Heartbreak seemed like something she'd only seen in dramas at this point. Luckily, she was capable of sympathy. Especially since she was very present in the breaking of this relationship. I mean, how could she not be? Both halves were her closest friends, they came to her with everything...but all she could really do was stand aside and watch as her friend slowly came to the conclusion that a break was needed. 

It was heartbreaking in it's own way. 

''It's just a break Somi, it's already been almost a week, you've been doing so good." Hyemi said as she slowly pated Somi's back. A horrible hiccough escaped her friend's lips. 

"A break practically means broken!"  Hyemi was ready to spit out some quotes she'd seen online--ones about how things will get better, so forth and so on--but, suddenly Somi sat straight up, wiping the tear streaks from her face as she did so. "I shouldn't be crying over him! I'm a bad B, and I should be acting like one!" Somi said vigorously as she stood up from her seat. "You know what?" She asked, now angrily pacing back and forth. 

"I don't think I want to know."  Hyemi mumbled. 

"Tomorrow is a Saturday night, we should go to the club!" She was growing excited. Hyemi could easily see that Somi was just looking for a way to distract herself. "Drink a little, maybe find new boyfriend material~" she shook her shoulder.

Hyemi grabbed onto her shoulder, keeping them still. "Somi, first off, I don't think Jongin would appreciate that--" 

"Who cares what he-who-shall-not-be-named thinks?" Somi was squirming under Hyemi's grasp. 

"Second of all, I'm still very much with Baekhyun and I don't think going drinking at a bar and flirting with guys falls under the 'good girlfriend' category." And plus, Hyemi had been to a club once right after her twentieth birthday, and it wasn't her scene. She liked open spaces, and a club was basically the opposite of that. 

"I really don't think Baekhyun will care, and you obviously don't have to actually flirt with someone; just help me." Somi said, trying to act like this was so  normal. Neither of them were the party type, but Somi clearly wasn't in her right mind currently. "You said Baekhyun isn't coming back till Sunday anyway, it's the perfect time to have a girls night." Somi explained, slowly moving Hyemi's arms away. "I'll pick you up tomorrow night!" Somi said before hurriedly running for the door. She had a lecture to get to, so there was no point in Hyemi trying to stop her. 

Hyemi threw herself onto the couch. She slipped her phone out of her pocket, she read the messages on her phone before immediately responding. 

From: Boyfriend <3

I might get back a bit earlier than planned~ 

I'll call you later, love you xx

~~~

Baekhyun looked down at his phone in confusion. "What's wrong?" Jongin asked, taking a seat beside him on the bench. Baekhyun showed him the text he'd just received. 

From: Girlfriend <3

I might be too busy mentally preparing myself for the weekend to answer any call><

Jongin looked just as confused, "What's going on this weekend?" He asked. 

Baekhyun shrugged, "I thought that maybe you'd know." He said as his thumbs hovered over the device in his hands. 

Jongin perused his lips, "I think she's mad at me for 'being a heartless jerk and breaking up with Somi', or at least that's what Sehun told me she called me." He chuckled at the end, but he didn't seem to find much humor in it. Baekhyun shook his head, there had been a couple of things that led to Jongin telling Somi they needed a break, and Baekhyun had heard both sides of the story (thanks to Hyemi) and honestly, he thought the break was silly. Of course, when he found out that Jongin and himself would be at the same wedding, he decided it was best to act like nothing happened. That doesn't mean he couldn't clearly tell Jongin was hurting. 

"You know, I was planning on heading back to uni  tomorrow afternoon." The wedding had taken place today, and Baekhyun didn't see much of a point in staying at his dad's for the entire weekend, when he could just go back to campus and prepare for the upcoming school week. "You should come, you haven't seen Hyemi in like two months and she misses you." Baekhyun said. 

"I don't know about that." Jongin chuckled, "I mean how much does she miss me if she hasn't even tried to talk to me the past couple days?" 

"You know she's probably just been busy, her text to me have even been curt." Baekhyun slightly pouted, her text earlier--joking as it might have been--wasn't the most pleasant response. "Just come, you can stay with Sehun and I tomorrow and Sunday night, then you can take a train to your university on Monday." What was one missed day? 

Jongin hummed, it was tempting...even the possibility of running into Somi didn't make him want to say no. It wasn't like he was the only one who went to a different school, Chanyeol actually went to the same school as him, but he is Hyemi's best friend, and was Somi's boyfriend. Or is somewhat in a way still her boyfriend--he wasn't sure exactly where all of that stood. Either way, he had an opportunity to visit them...and he didn't really want to decline it. "Sure, I'll visit." 

~~~

Hyemi looked at Somi in awe. She was dressed in a beautiful silver wrap dress, and she had a black leather jacket over it, along with silver heels. Don't even get her started on the stunning makeup look, Somi was clearly dressed to impress. Hyemi herself, however, wasn't dressed quite as nicely; or more so was dressed for bed and not the club. "Why are you still in your pj's?" Somi pouted, she grabbed Hyemi and started dragging her to her bedroom. "I told you we were going out tonight!" She pointed to the clock on the nightstand, as if to say 'it's night!'.

"I was hoping you'd realized how silly this was." Hyemi stated, trudging towards her closet, "Plus, it's only six o'clock, why would we already be going out? You know, I know a really pretty cliff side we could go stargazing on!" That would be an even better detraction, afterall, who could stay sad while looking at stars? Somi definitely could, she made that clear by the growing look of irritation on her face. "Fine, I'll get dressed." She stated duly before grabbing the first dress her eyes landed on and walking into the bathroom. That was one of the plus sides of sharing an apartment with Somi; Hyemi never ran out of things to wear. 

Hyemi looked at herself in the mirror, she'd just finished taming her hair into a half-up-half-down look, and putting on a bit of makeup. The dress she'd borrowed from Somi wasn't her favorite, but it fit well so what else could she ask for. It looked a lot like Somi's dress, except it was emerald green and mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter