What Does Fifteen Mean?

Byun Baekhyun The Fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday...

 

Hyemi looked around her room, her fingers moved as she tied her schools tie on. Hyemi's room had a nice balcony off one of the windows, just big enough to stand on but not to move. It was basically just a long window seel to her. Mrs. Kim added it for her, to try and get her to go outside, after the accident when she was nine. Hyemi looked at her reflection in the mirror and sighed. "A new day." She told herself as she put on her best smile. 

Maybe she took the saying 'You're never fully dressed without a smile' too seriously. 

Hyemi often liked to tell herself encouraging things on days like this one. The days were life was a little sad, and reality was a little too real. 

Memories are just as they're called, things you remember and can't forget. Scenes that play in your head over and over again, even when you try and make them stop. 
But she had come to terms with that, and now she rarely let's certain memories get to her, but from time to time, day to day, they'd slip into her thoughts and wouldn't leave. 

"Hyemi, come eat breakfast!" 
Hyemi walked away from her window, last night was the first night she'd slept in her room in two weeks, she liked how open the outdoors were. And the feeling of climbing a tree and looking down , there was a few reasons she enjoyed it but she was almost positive she got it from her parents, a Kim thing. 

She grabbed her school blazer and headed for the stairs. 

~~~~

"Daddy, you know how I was at Hyemi's house yesterday?" Hansol asked, Mr. Byun nodded as he sipped his coffee, "She said Minsoo, Kai, and Hun were going over for a sleepover in the big tree house!" Hansol swung his feet back and forth, "I was wondering...can I go?" Mr. Byun smiled, "Sure buddy." Hansol beamed as he hopped down from his chair and ran upstairs.

Mr. Byun sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, Baekhyun was giving him a judgemental look, "Dad, we barley know them, and you already trust Hansol to spend all his time around them?" Baek asked. "Baekhyun, you know your brothers been down in the dumps, well, since your mother and I split. I think having a female like Hyemi around will be good for him." Baekhyun shook his head, "Why should he need one, he's got us." Mr. Byun shook his head right back at him, "You know that's different, we aren't as understanding or gentle as his mom." He paused, "I think this will help him adjust to the new at home life." 

Baekhyun troubled his bottom lip, to be honest, he hadn't thought much about how Hansol feels...he did on a surface level. He wanted Hansol to be comfortable, and be happy, but he didn't think about how it's just as hard, if not harder, on Hansol. At least Baekhyun can understand why his parents split, but someone Hansol's age probably has a harder time. 

"Are you driving to school today?" Mr. Byun decided to end the earlier discussion. "No, I'm going to walk today." Mr. Byun grasped his shoulder and nodded before walking off, "Hansol! Let's go!" The little boy came down the stairs with his backpack. "Baekhyun, tell Emi 'fifteen', she'll know what it means." Hansol said before following Mr. Byun out of the house. Baekhyun smiled.

When he left, ten minutes later, he was greeted by the sight of Hyumi holding Jongin in a headlock. He chortled at the sight. 
"Hey," the best friends greeted in unison, Baekhyun said the same. "Ah," he said, drawing the other twos attention back to him, "Hyemi, Hansol told me to tell you 'fifteen'" Hyem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter