Renjun | Time Stamp

NCT Drabble/One-Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[8:15pm]

“What are you doing here?” Renjun asked, surprised that you were standing on his doorstep, not failing to notice the conflicted look on your face. “Aren’t you supposed to be with Jeno?”

You shrugged at the mention of your supposed date. The contrast between the first time the boy asked you out and the present was just too obvious. You’ve gushed a lot about Jeno to Renjun, your childhood best friend. You acted all crazy because of your huge crush on the captain of the basketball team, and when he finally asked you out on a date, you were beyond ecstatic that you almost cried telling Renjun about it.

And yet there you were on his doorstep, looking like the sky fell on you. Without saying a word, you stepped closer towards him, wrapping your arms around him, your forehead against his chest.

He didn’t know whether to check if you were crying first, which you weren’t, or to wrap his arms around you, too. He settled for the latter, gently placing his chin on top of your head, slightly swaying from side to side. He had a habit of doing that, and you loved it no matter how hard you didn’t want to admit it.

“What happened?” he asked, the edge in his tone evident despite its gentle quality. You loved his voice too much that you did not want to answer his question, wishing for him to just talk. At your lack of response, he droned on, “Did he do anything bad to you?”

You shook your head.

“So, what is it? Weren’t you exci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter