High Tension with My Star (part 2)

You're My Universe

After they finish dinner, Yongsun stands up and grabs Byuli's hand.

"Let's go get some dessert. Just the two of us," Yongsun says smiling.

"Okay, but I should pay for our meal first," Byuli points out.

"Good idea," Yongsun says.

The restaurant was almost empty by the time they left. They spent so much time talking about their childhoods and how they got into the music industry that they forgot about the time. Turns out that they had a lot more in common than they originally thought.

When they get into the car, Byuli asks, "Where to next, my princess."

"So, I'm a princess now? I like it," Yongsun says smiling. "Okay... I would like to go somewhere that has ice cream. Yes! I could really use some ice cream right now."

"Your wish is my command," Byuli says as they drive off again.

As Byuli pulls up to a store, she says, "This is the only place that sells ice cream this late. Wait here and I'll get us some ice cream."

"Okay. I don't want anything special. Just get me a vanilla ice cream cone."

"Okay." Byuli gets out of the car and walks into the store where she's greeted by a young man at the counter. She proceeds to head to the freezer and gets two vanilla ice cream cones and heads to the counter while looking outside to check if Yongsun is okay. Everything seems fine.

"That'll $2.50, please," the cashier says and then looks up. "Hey, you're Byuli Moon!"

"Yes, that's me," she says smiling. "What are you studying?" She noticed that the cashier was in college due to the books stacked to the side.

"I'm studying business. The reason why is because I want to work for you someday. I also like writing music. Honestly, there have been many times that I want to quit, but you always told fans to go to school and that's what I'm doing," he says with a smile.

"Well, if there's anything I can do, let me know. I'm sure I can get you an internship somewhere in my company. Just keep your grades up and give me a call." She hands the college man her business card. She grabs another business card and asks the man for his name.

"Yoo Joon. Yoo Joon Lee," He says with a smile. "Please, just take the ice cream. There's no need to pay for it."

Byuli is touched by his actions but knew she had to reject it. "Hey, a sale is a sale. In fact, why don't you come with me so that I can give you something."

"Okay. I think I'm good. There's nobody else in the store," Yoo Joon says.

They both proceed outside and Byuli sits down to write something on some paper and hands him an envelope. "Here, take this and use it for your tuition. It's just enough to get you by for a bit. I'll pay for the rest only if you keep your promise about grades for the rest of the term. Once you call me, you get your internship with me and officially finish school so that I can hire you. I'm giving you a chance to change your life for the better. I see that there's a lot of potential in you. Don't waste it or lose it," Byuli says firmly.

"Yes, Miss Moon. I promise to not let you down!"

With that said, Yoo Joon walks back into the store and Byuli goes to her car and hands Yongsun one of the ice cream cones. Just then, Yoo Joon comes back outside with two more ice cones. Byuli rolls down her window as he says, "Here, those cones are probably melted by now. Have these."

Byuli takes back the ice cream cone from Yongsun and switches for the new ones from Yoo Joon. "Thanks, Yoo Joon. Oh! Please don't mention the deal with anyone, okay? I can't help you if many people know about it. This is between us, you understand? I trust you."

"No problem, Miss Moon. I won't tell a soul. Not even my mother," he says.

"Good. Thanks again," Byuli says.

"You're welcome," Yoo Joon says then runs back inside to his post as cashier.

Byuli closes her window, hands Yongsun one of the ice cream cones, and starts to drive.

As she's driving, Yongsun speaks up, "So, Yoo Joon."

"He's studying business and writes music. He was also in the exact same place I was as a university student. Working late nights at a store while studying. So, I thought I'd help him out by offering money and an internship if he kept his grades up for the rest of the term. After he finishes school, depending on how he did, I would hire him so that he wouldn't have to worry about paying for school. It's something to keep him motivated, you know," Byuli explains.

"I guess you're right. But what if he doesn't fulfill your requests?" Yongsun asks.

"Well, I do know where-"

"Byuli!"

"I'm just kidding!" Byuli says while laughing. "It would live with him for the rest of his life. He would regret it and change his mind when it's too late. Then, no matter what, I can't give him another chance because he broke the trust between us."

"Well, that's one way to put it. Hey, let's get out of the car soon. I wanna eat the ice cream somewhere special," Yongsun says.

"Okay. Just tell me when," Byuli says.

As the two drive, they glance at each other with loving eyes. Of course, they notice but don't say anything.

"Let's stop here," Yongsun says as soon as she sees the place.

"Okay." Byuli drives the car to the side by the curb and turns off the car to put the keys into her pocket. She opens her door and runs to Yongsun who gets out of the car when Byuli opens her door for her.

"Wait, We're outside of your house," Byuli points out.

"Yeah, but look! You can see Han River. There's a full moon too," Yongsun says. She proceeds to sit in the curb behind Byuli's car.

"Why are you sitting on the curb? Especially in a dress?" Byuli asks shocked.

"Because I want to." Yongsun pats a spot next to her. "Come on, join me!"

Byuli joins her and they start eating their ice cream cones together. As the ice cream starts to melt, Yongsun gets an idea and wants to execute it.

She looks at Byuli and says, "Hey, you have something on her face." She gets ready.

"Hm? Where?" Byuli asks confused.

"Right... THERE!" Yongsun puts her ice cream onto Byuli's cheek and laughs. She then gets up and starts to run away from the purple-haired woman.

Byuli stands up and starts to chase her. She catches up quickly since Yongsun is wearing heels. Byuli grabs the older woman from behind and proceeds to smash her ice cream onto her lips and nose. Both of the women are laughing with ice cream in hand, acting and feeling like kids. The moon shines bright along with the sidewalk lights in front of Yongsun's house. They look at each other with loving eyes for the longest moment and Yongsun begins to speak, "I've never felt this way with anyone."

"What do you mean?" Byuli asks.

“Words don’t come easy to me, but when I’m with you, I feel like I can say anything and you’d understand. You know my needs and wants. You know how to have fun while also doing business. You’re so smart, talented… I feel like I could be myself when I’m around you. And the thing that I’m feeling in my heart and soul are saying that...” Yongsun pulls her fingers through Byuli’s purple hair.

“I think my heart and soul are feeling the same way about you. There’s this feeling that I get when I’m around you. I get nervous, excited, and relaxed. I even got goosebumps just by you whispering into my ear. It sent chills down my spine,” Byuli says in a soft voice.

Yongsun starts to giggle. “So, that’s what you were so embarrassed about at the restaurant.”

“Yes, and I want more moments like that. I want to feel and hear your voice whisper in my ears, heart, and soul,” Byuli says.

“Before that, let me help you out with the ice cream on your face.” She proceeds to kiss the ice cream off of Byuli’s face. She kisses the right cheek to her nose.

When she’s done, Byuli says, “Now, it’s my turn.” Byuli kisses Yongsun’s nose slowly, getting every bit of dairy off the singer’s face. She moves down slowly keeping Yongsun in anticipation for what they both have been wanting ever since their first meeting. As Byuli gets closer to Yongsun’s lips, she drops her ice cream cone and puts her arms around Yongsun’s waist. With all that was said and felt, Byuli gives Yongsun a kiss on the lips filled with ice cream and passion. They kiss for what felt like a beautiful eternity and as Yongsun moves her head away, she stares at Byuli. She sees the moonlight hitting her lover’s face and stares into the most elegant eyes she’s ever seen. She thought that she could see her bright future with this woman.

They both smile as Yongsun says, “Looks like I’ve found my star. My bright, shining star that will always be there for me. And my moon that will always help others shine bright.”

“Looks like I found my sun who will share the sky with me and be the best part of my day for as long as I live.”

They continue to kiss in the moonlight.

To remember this moment, Yongsun pulls out her phone to take a picture of Byuli standing in the moonlight and Byuli does the same thing with Yongsun.

“Dance with me?” Byuli asks.

“Why?” Yongsun asks.

“I wanted to live out that song, ‘Dancing in the Moonlight’ by King Harvest,” Byuli explains. She plays the song on her phone and starts dancing.

“Come on, Yongsun. Don’t leave me hanging,” Byuli says as she dances in front of her.

“Oh alright,” Yongsun says and proceeds to grab Byuli’s waist.

They finish the night by dancing in the moonlight.