High Tension with My Star (part 1)

You're My Universe

As soon as Maria hangs up, Yongsun stands up and hugs Byuli from behind.

"What's the hug for?" Byuli says.

Yongsun cover Byuli's mouth with her hand. " Shhh... Stop talking. Just embrace the moment."

They both stay in the same place for a few moments.

Yongsun removes her hand and stands in front of Byuli. "Thanks for helping out Maria. She may seem very intimidating on the outside, but on the inside, she's fragile. She's a bit like glass. She can break if you don't take care of her or at least look after her. She's very confident, but at the same time, she's sad. She's had to mature a lot ever since she first started. People would bully her and make fun of her because she didn't fit their beauty standards. So, she had to break those. She would always encourage people to be confident in their own skin and to love themselves. She wants everyone to accept themselves for who they are. That's her message. Be the best version of yourself. Don't try to fit into someone else's mold. It's quite inspirational."

"What about you?" Byuli looks up at Yongsun.

"What about me?" Yongsun asks and looks at Byuli.

"I know how Maria is feeling, but I'm concerned for you too. How are you feeling?"

"I'm of course worried about Maria, but I'm excited for us and our futures. For so long, I didn't know what to and all of a sudden, you come into our lives and here we are. New deals, a showcase, riding to Jeonju for the first time. It's like a step in the right direction. It wouldn't have happened without you. Thank you, Byuli," Yongsun says sincerely.

"You're welcome. All of you deserve the world. I'm just here to help. Speaking of helping, why don't we go out tonight after we've packed for Jeonju? You can help me ease myself and get into vacation mode," Byuli says.

"Aren't you just asking me out on a date and making excuses for it?" Yongsun jokingly says.

"Well, no. I genuinely need help. I haven't gone on a vacation ever since this company started. I've been waiting for someone like you. A loving friend to help me out of my shell and give me an excuse to go outside and live," Byuli says jokingly.

"Oh stop it, Byuli," Yongsun says as she attempts to playfully smack Byuli's arm. Just as she tries, Byuli catches her wrist, leaving them both in disbelief. The women are silent once again and now, only a couple of feet separate them. Yongsun moves her body closer to Byuli and soon finds herself standing in between the younger woman's legs. Yongsun couldn't help but move her head closer, but as she tries to close the distance between the lips of her and Byuli, she stops.

"I think I need to get packed."

Byuli lets go of Yongsun's wrist and says, "Okay. I need to also. I'll see you later, right?"

"Yeah. Sounds good."

Not too long after Yongsun leaves MoonStar World, she arrives at the boxing gym, needing to punch a bag to let everything out. As soon as she finishes warming up, the woman begins punching the punching bag in formation. She punches the bag harder and harder until she hears someone shout. "Yongsun, be careful! You're going to break your wrists if you do it too hard like that!" She stops and doesn't see anyone. Maybe it was her imagination. She continues punching the bag the same way as before.

"Yongsun, stop!" She stops and sees Byuli standing next to her holding her gloved wrists. "I don't want you hurting yourself, please." Byuli proceeds to hug Yongsun and gives her a kiss on the cheek and whispers into her ear while holding her wrists, "It's going to be okay, unnie. It'll be okay. I promise." She moves her head back and stares into Yongsun's eyes. It's then and there Yongsun feels weak and tired. Weak from the gaze of someone she truly admires and tired of fighting her feelings all this time. She just wants to kiss the damn woman. Yongsun looks down and begins to cry.

"Why are you crying?" Byuli asks as she lifts up Yongsun's chin.

"Because I can't fight these feelings anymore. I think I'm in love with you." Right after she says those words, Byuli gently grabs the back of Yongsun's head and pushes her lips against the pair of her new lover's. It's sweet and slow and there's nobody around to stop them.

Just then, a loud alarm goes off and Yongsun is hit with reality. She looks at her phone and turns off the alarm. "How long have I been asleep?" She picks up her phone to look at the time. "Oh no! It's 6:15! I have to get ready to go and meet Byuli!"

At this time, she had already finished packing for her mini-vacation to Jeonju.

Before Yongsun could get up, she felt her lips. "Hey, Byuli?" There's no answer. She gets up and looks around her house for Byuli. Just then, she gets a text. She looks down at her phone. It's from Byuli and says:

Hey Yong, I can't wait to see you tonight.

Byuli :)

She was about to throw her phone until she got another message from the younger woman.

Byuli: Make sure you wear a nice dress. I want to take you somewhere nice ;) Also, where do you live? I wanted to pick you up if that's alright.

"That sly girl," Yongsun says.

She replies back. Well, haven't you been here? Weren't you just here like... not too long ago?

Byuli: Um.. no. I've never been to your house nor have I ever seen it. I was at work and then came home to get ready for Jeonju and spend time with my dogs before leaving to meet you. Why?

Yongsun is shocked by Byuli's response. "So, everything was just a dream then, I guess. Wait. Everything was a dream?! Ugh....." Yongsun falls back onto the living room couch.

Byuli: Are you okay? Did something come up? We can cancel if you want. It's no big deal.

Yongsun: It's nothing. I just woke up and thought I heard someone I guess. I thought it was you for some reason.

Byuli: Oh! Do you need me to help you look around? I'm good at finding things and people for that matter. Should I call someone?

Yongsun: no. That's okay. Since you're gonna pick me up now, I'll send you my address. Pick me up at 7?

Byuli: Nothing would make me happier :)

Forty-five minutes later, at exactly 7pm, Yongsun hears a car pull up in her driveway.

"That must be Byuli," she thinks. Just as she's about to stand, she gets a text from Byuli.

Byuli: I'm outside

Yongsun: Okay

Yongsun gets up from the couch to fix her red dress. She then proceeds to turn off the lights in her house and open her front door. After she closes and locks her front door, she sees a woman leaning against the passenger's side of the car with a black suit that has a red tie that matches her dress exactly as well as a sparkling Rolex watch.

Byuli looks up at Yongsun and smiles. "You look beautiful."

Yongsun is in awe. With and eyes wide open, she stops walking when she gets four feet away from Byuli.

Byuli just stands there giggling. "Yup! I thought this might happen."

Yongsun snaps out of her awestruck mindset and says, "You have a purple Genesis Essentia? Your outfit matches mine exactly? Is this a dream?"

"Yes. Yes. No," Byuli says. She opens up the car door.

"The whole car is customized all the way down to the stitching of the seats. It took a few months, but it's worth every penny. It just came in yesterday which means that you're the first person to sit in the passenger's seat," Byuli says as she smiles with pride. "Please, have a seat."

Right away, Yongsun gets into the seat comfortably and puts her purse on her lap. Byuli slowly closes the door and proceeds to get in on the driver's side. After she gets in, she looks at Yongsun. Head to toe, Yongsun glows in her elegant red dress with matching shoes. "You ready to go? I have something nice planned for us tonight."

Yongsun looks at Byuli. "I'm ready." After she says that, she hears a loud roar coming from the car. "I love a good engine," she says.

"Good, because I only want the best for you," Byuli says as they drive off into the night.

There's silence as Byuli drives towards their destination. Beautiful silence. As Byuli drives, Yongsun looks outside the window as they drive across Han River and into the main part of Seoul. It had been a while since she had been there during the night. Eventually, the car stops in front of what Yongsun knows as one of the most expensive restaurants in Seoul. The valet greets them as they open the door.

"Welcome, Miss Moon and Miss Kim. We've been expecting you," the manager says happily. "We have a private table set for the two of you as requested. Right this way."

Byuli and Yongsun walk next to each other behind the manager. There are eyes on them from many people as they walk to the back of the restaurant.

"They're looking at us," Yongsun whispers nervously.

"That's probably because they see how beautiful you are in that red dress. I mean, the slit on your right leg shows off your leg very well," Byuli whispers.

"You're very observant," Yongsun whispers into Byuli's ear.

It sends chills down Byuli's spine. Goosebumps start to form which makes her unable to give a response to the older woman.

After they get seated the manager leaves them alone so that they can figure out what they want to order. Both of the women are quiet while looking at their menus without talking. Well, it's Byuli that can't talk. She's still going crazy over that whisper from the woman in the red dress. Noticing how quiet Byuli is, Yongsun puts down her menu and starts to talk, "Hey, you okay?"

Byuli puts down her menu and has her head down in embarrassment. "Sorry, I just became really dumbfounded."

"How so?" Yongsun asks.

"You just took my breath away with that... whisper," Byuli says with her head down.

"Oh!" Yongsun says surprised.

"I'm sorry if that was weird. I didn't know how else to put it," Byuli says with her palms on her head.

There's silence for a moment. A very long moment.

"Hello. What can I get for you this evening?" The waiter says to dissolve the tension.