You're the Best

You're My Universe

It’s a couple of days later and sitting in her office chair is Byuli waiting for the one and only Yongsun. As she checks her text messages, she notices that she received a few unread texts from one of her new artists, Maria, that she hadn’t checked yet.

Maria: I just met this woman named Shelby, and she’s amazing! Here are some videos of her covers from last night. I think she could be a great addition to your team.

Maria: Look, I did something wrong. I know Shelby. My parents told me that we used to be friends. I promised that I would come back to see her, but I didn’t. I broke my promises. I don’t know what to do. She doesn’t wanna sing anymore because she saw me. What do I do?

Maria: Byuli, what do I do? I promised to never let her go again and she wants to think about it. Is that good? Have you seen the videos? What if she doesn’t want to join because I’m there? Do you think she’ll forgive me?

Maria: Here are the other videos. These are the songs she wrote because of me.

Maria: Please call me.

As Yongsun walks into Byuli’s office, she sees Byuli with a concerned look on her face. Without hesitation, she asks the purple-haired woman, “Hey, what’s happening? You look so stressed... Do you want me to come back later?”

“No. I need you to stay. It’s about Maria. She wants me to call her,” Byuli says while looking at her phone.

“Is this about Shelby?”

“Yes.”

Yongsun quickly pulls up a chair next to Byuli as Maria is being called.

“Hello?”

“Maria? It’s Byuli. I’m with Yongsun in my office. How are you feeling,” Byuli asks with concern.

“Honestly, I don't know what to do anymore. We talked last night and I explained everything to her and asked her for forgiveness. I haven’t even told her about all of us and that I was even planning on going to your company. When it all clicked that I knew her, I couldn’t just leave her. She was my first love. I want to fight for her, you know,” Maria says crying.

Yongsun starts to talk, “Look at the bright side. At least she said that she was going to think about it. She said she’s going to give you an answer no matter what.”

“Yeah, what Yong said,” Byuli jumps back in. “Just give her some space and time to think. I mean, you both haven’t seen each other in years. It probably freaked her out that you were even coming in the first place.”

“Well, you don’t have to put it that way, Byuli. This girl is fragile. You have to take care of her and be slow to the truth. But, while we’re on that subject, she’s kinda right, Maria. She probably didn’t know what to do or say at first. The best thing is that you talked things out. Now, she knows how you truly feel and that’s what matters most. I’m sorry it had to happen like this though. I wish life was full of ice cream and strawberries, but it’s not. Sometimes, there are really salty and gross times,” Yongsun says.

“I’m sorry, what?” Byuli is confused.

“What I’m saying is that there will always be good times and bad times in life. You also have to remember that you have unnies who support you no matter what. You can talk to them about anything and they will be there to listen just like right now. Also, it’s not the end of the world. Spend some time distracting yourself like driving around, watching movies, or spending time with your parents. Keep yourself busy so that you’re not constantly thinking about her,” Yongsun says.

“You could even write a song about it. Aren’t you doing the showcase in a few days? Maybe you could perform it there.”

“You know what? That’s not a bad idea. I’ll for sure do that,” Maria happily says. “Maybe you and Yong unnie can come too! It would be so much fun! I could show you around my hometown, you know? I don’t think Yong unnie has even been there before.”

“You’re right! I definitely will then! We'll spend the night at your house! Oohhh! This sounds like so much fun!” Yongsun says. “Wait, since when did you have a showcase?” She looks at Byuli with her infamous death stare.

“Hey! She asked for my help and this is what I’m good at,” Byuli says in her defense.

“Well, how come no one told me… I’m the best friend here,” Yongsun says as she crosses her arms and shows a pout on her face.

“I know you are. It just suddenly came to mind and I made some calls to make it happen. We’re all in this together, remember? And if it helps, I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you this was happening.” Byuli looks at Yongsun with reassuring eyes and touches Yong’s arm with her hand.

“Yes, we are. We all support each other. And thank you. I forgive you,” Yongsun says as she half-smiles and nods.

“Um… Hey guys, I’m still here. When do you wanna come over?” Maria is starting to want to hang up just to give them privacy.

“Well, today’s Wednesday and the showcase is Saturday night. I think we could come tomorrow morning at the latest. I have to tell my staff that I’ll be gone and talk to Yongsun about her contract.” Byulie says.

“Okay. I have the copies right here and I agree with everything and signed the papers. When do we start?” Yongsun says to everyone’s surprise as she puts the copies on Byuli’s desk.

“So, you want to join my company? No negotiations?” Byuli says surprised.

“None. I read everything thoroughly and thought about it. I believe that this would be the best decision and step forward for me. However, as I said. I only want in if Maria’s in too,” Yongsun says.

“I thought that I already was. I mean, with both you coming and with the whole showcase happening, it’s kind of obvious, right?” Maria says.

“Then, Yongsun and Maria, welcome to MoonStar World! We’ll make an official announcement when we come back from Jeonju,” Byuli says excitedly. “This is so exciting! And don’t you dare think I forgot about Shelby! You were right about her. Honey-like vocals with a gorgeous stage presence like an angel. Nice job, Maria!”

“Thanks, Byuli. I have to go. And thank you both. You’re the best!” Maria feels that things are starting to look up for her after all.

“You’re welcome, honey. Remember to keep yourself busy and call if you need anything, okay?” Yongsun says in the most loving way.

“Of course unnie. Love you!”

“Love you too. Bye.”