Universe

You're My Universe

One day after rehearsal for their upcoming album, the young women of Mamamoo decided to go to Solar's house for a night in. The three younger women were chatting it up as Solar grabs the drinks from her fridge and puts them on the coffee table. The others grab a glass bottle and open them to drink the alcoholic contents.

After a moment of silence between the four artists, Solar speaks up first. "Hey, what did you guys wanna do for the next album? I wanna do something fun and exciting! I love the whole Universe idea, but what do we do?" The rest of the group looks at her then at each other.

"Well, let's break it down first. If I were in another universe, I'd want to be a painter. Ooh! And a singer... like an indie artist," Wheein said with excitement. Her dimple could be seen as she smiled and giggled like a child getting an ice cream cone.

"Okay. If that's the case, then I would want to stick to music too. I love to film, hence my username on Instagram and want to run my own company so that I can direct the music videos and choreograph for upcoming talent. Maybe Wheein can be signed to my label and —"

"Um... That's not what indie artists are, Byul. They're independent like do-it-yourself kind of artists," Hwasa said. "But maybe Solar can become the rockstar of her dreams though! Maybe you guys can work together and... say it with me Wheein!" Hwasa points to Wheein who's sitting right next to her.

"Ooh yes!" Wheein gets excited because of what's about to be said.

"FALL. IN. LOVE!!!" After they say love, Wheein and Hwasa start a laughing spree while giving each other the biggest high-fives and tumbling on the floor laughing. Meanwhile, Solar and Moonbyul give blank stares to each other, wondering why people want them to fall in love with each other so bad. They didn't mind loving each other as friends, but being in love with someone is something totally that they didn't want to explore. They both flirt with each other, but that's normal, right (spoiler, it's not)?

A few seconds of staring at each other go by and Solar stands up in front of the coffee table and slams her drink right on top of it, spilling the rest of the liquid onto the table and the floor.

"Okay okay. That's enough! Both of you stop right now or leave!" Solar says it her leader-like tone. She sits down with the two young girls who immediately stopped laughing and sat next to each other cross-legged.

"So, now that we're done going down that rabbit hole... again... Hwasa, where do you see yourself in another universe?" Solar, Moonbyul, and Wheein were very curious about what the maknae of the group would say. Even though she knew the question was coming, she didn't like being asked questions on the spot. She would usually freeze up on the spot and ask her unnies to help her answer the questions.

"Um... Well... - " Hwasa says nervously.

"Well?" Moonbyul says quickly.

"Shhhhh! She's trying to think!" Wheein says in a soft voice.

"Well, I've always wanted to be a musical actress and—"
"Well, you kinda are one, but that's—"

"Shut up, Moonbyul! Stop interrupting!" Solar slaps Moonbyul's arm which makes Wheein giggle. Hwasa has a serious look on her face which meant that she was still in her thinking mode. "Sorry, keep going. You're doing great! A musical actress and what else," Solar questions in a calm, gentle voice.

"A musical actress... and maybe a mother. I'd want to have a career and be someone that my future daughter looks up to."

"Wow. I'd never think you'd do something like that," Solar said.

"Of course she would. We all would. We'd get it from you, Solar. And our parents of course! You're like a motherly leader to us. Always protecting us, caring for and about us, and also keeping us in check," Moonbyul said with a smile. Solar and Moonbyul stare into each other's eyes when all of a sudden, they're interrupted by Wheein's gasp.

"Oh look! A shooting star!" Wheein interrupts and gets all of her groupmates to look outside the window. "Quick! Make a wish!"

"I wish we could live in this other universe."