Chapter 8

ENEMIES, FRIENDS, Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene woke up in a foul mood, seeing her number one rival sleeping comfortably at the other side of the room. Irene still can’t believe that she and Wendy are now roommates for the rest of the year. It’s bad enough that the two are classmates and now when she goes back to her room, she have to see that annoying cocky grinned again.

 

After fixing her school uniform neatly, Irene sat in front of her dressing table, finishing up a few touches before she is completely ready to start her day. Her routine were interrupted by a muffled grunt, followed by a loud yawned. Tilting her head slightly, she sees Wendy is already awake, sitting up straight while rubbing her eyes in a cute way.

 

When their eyes met, Wendy gasp, eyes widen comically, finger pointing shakily at Irene.

 

“Wh-What…are you doing here in my room?” Wendy asked in defensive tone.

 

Irene replied with a scowl and a sharp eye roll, resume with her morning routine.

 

“Stupid! She forgot about last night!”

 

It’s like Wendy could read Irene mind, Wendy laughed, shaking her head in amusement. “Oh, yeah! Miss Hwang made us change our room. Hehe… Morning Joohyun-ah!”

 

“Don’t call me that!!”

 

“Sorry!” Wendy giggled again.

 

Irene tried to ignore her rival, pretending Wendy wasn’t in the room as she continue applying powder to her face. But somehow she got distracted, sensing Wendy was watching her every move, smiling like an idiot on her bed.

 

“What? Is there something wrong?” Irene asked, twisting her body towards Wendy direction, clearly annoyed.

 

“Nothing! I just…I like watching you, that’s all.”

 

Irene was taken aback as she could feel her face warming up and her heart start pounding.

 

“Don’t put too much make up on your face.” Wendy added.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Because to me…Joohyun always look pretty, even without make up.”

 

That was the last straw, feeling her heart was out of control, Irene bolted up from her seat, she quickly took her bag and hurriedly walked out from the room.

 

Leaning her back on the closed door, Irene fan her flushed face with her hand. “What’s wrong with her? Why is she suddenly… And why am I getting all flustered by her words?”

 

 

Later that evening…

 

Wendy was on her way to her very first soccer practice when she spotted Jessica outside the locker room, appearing slightly troubled, muttering some incoherent words under her breath.

 

“Jessica!” Wendy tap Jessica shoulder making the ice princess jerk from the sudden touch.

 

“Oh, Wendy…it was just you.”

 

“Yeah, it’s just me. What are you doing standing here? Aren’t you going in?”

 

“Urrmmm…I was about to…but-”

 

“Don’t tell me you’re scared.” Wendy smirks.

 

“N-no! I’m not!”

 

Wendy carved a huge grinned and hold Jessica hand. “Don’t worry! Your friendly hamster buddy is here and I will stand right beside you all the way. Let’s go!” Wendy beamed, tugging Jessica with her and goes into the locker room.

 

“W-wait!”

 

Entering the locker room, all players were staring at them, puzzled looking how Wendy happily walked towards her locker, casually holding onto Jessica hand like they had done it a million times before. But it was a shocking displayed for their teammates, knowing The Alpha and The Princess are not in a good terms, wondering what is the relationship between Jessica and Wendy.

 

In the middle of changing her clothes, Taeyeon went up to Wendy and pulled her away from the locker.

 

“Why are you with her?” Taeyeon hissed.

 

“Who?”

 

“Jessica!”

 

“Oh, why? Am I not allowed or something? Is it against the rules?” Wendy asked, eyes shifted back and forward between Jessica and Taeyeon.

 

“No, it’s not that. But she’s The Princess and you’re The Alpha…”

 

“So? Does The Alpha group can’t be friends with The Princess?”

 

“What’s happening to you? What kind of curse did she cast on you?”

 

Wendy chuckled. “Tae, we’re teammates now. And Jessica is really nice…can you please…please be nice to her too? Don’t give the ice princess a hard time and maybe…she will award you with something good in return.”

 

“You know it’s hard for me…acting all nice to her.”

 

Wendy shrugged. “I’m not saying you should change drastically. But…make sure your girls…won’t mess with her again or I swear they won’t be able to play anymore.”

 

Taeyeon eyes widen by Wendy threats, and being friends with Wendy for three years already, she knows Wendy are deadly serious with her words.

 

“Okay, fine! I’ll make sure they won’t lay a hand on Jessica ever again and…I also…tried to be civil with her, okay?”

 

Wendy smiled. “Good! I can already picture the three of us rocking the field at the next game.” Wendy chirp.

 

Taeyeon shakes her head and put her palms on Wendy cheeks. “You are such…” Taeyeon didn’t finish her sentence but instead, she squeeze the hamster cheeks.

 

“Aishhh…” Wendy pulled Taeyeon hands off her chubby cheeks and Taeyeon stuck her tongue out playfully.

 

“Childish!” Wendy pouted.

 

Turning her head where she just heard the locker had been closed, Wendy smiled seeing Jessica already done changing her clothes. “Sica ya~~” Wendy sang out cutely and bounced towards the dumbfounded girl.

 

“Sica?”

 

“It’s my nickname for you. Do you not like it?”

 

Seeing those pouting lips and those sad puppy eyes, Jessica icy heart melted.

 

“N-no, I like it! I mean…you can call me that.”

 

“Yay!! Come on Sica, let’s go practice!” Wendy said enthusiastically and dragged Jessica out from the locker room.

 

Not long pass ten minutes with Wendy, Jessica told herself, she couldn’t keep up with Wendy high spirit energy, feeling her own energy had been drained. Nevertheless, Wendy presence made it easier for her. When Wendy said she will stand beside Jessica all the way, she literally mean it that way, following Jessica everywhere like a puppy, except when they’re start playing of course. Jessica realize her teammates didn’t dare to say anything other than nice words to her and Jessica can finally be able to shared her thought about their previous games, helping her teammates to improve their skills and it’s all because of Wendy, boasting about Jessica achievement and her awesome skills to everybody. Jessica also notice the strong bonds between Wendy and Taeyeon, like they can read each other mind only by mere eye contact, thinking they will definitely win at the next games if they keep playing like today.

 

“Stop daydreaming princess!” Jessica snap out from her daze by Taeyeon loud voice.

 

“Don’t shout at me!”

 

“Then, stop spacing out!”

 

“I’m not deaf, you moron!”

 

“Oh, like I care!”

 

“You should be!”

 

“Now, now, you two…stop yelling and let’s continue practice.” Wendy said calmly, breaking the two girls apart.

 

***

 

Almost two weeks since the exchanging room incidents, and in these two weeks, Irene swore she have a serious heart illness, because it keeps beating in weird paces, and every time it happen is when Wendy threw a sweet and cheesy words to her. Irene should be annoyed by those flirty remarks but why does her heart flutter instead and why did she blush horribly because of it? Irene noted to herself, to go see a therapist about her condition too.

 

For Wendy, she can’t help but to smiled like a fool everytime Irene yelled at her and seconds later she sees the shades of pink on Irene cheeks. She have a big problem studying inside her room. She just can’t seem to focus and Irene was the cause of it. Her eyes keeps following Irene every move, finding herself focus on Irene instead, watching how serious and focus Irene when she’s too engrossed with her book, for Wendy the displayed was freaking mesmerizing. It’s like she was hypnotize and she can’t tore her gaze away from Irene.

 

Jessica and Taeyeon relationship turns out getting worse than before. Anyone who pass their room will heard the two girls on each other throats, shouting the top of their lungs, throwing harsh words towards each other. At night, their dorms will be filled by Jessica high pitch dolphin screams and Taeyeon ahjumma laughed as Taeyeon always pull a prank on the ice princess. Jessica tries multiple types of pranks to get back at Taeyeon but failed miserably as Taeyeon can always smells those evil plans from miles away.

 

Sakura and Eunbi grew closer as each day pass. But Eunbi still can’t read Sakura and her sudden mood change. One minute they were laughing and minutes later, Sakura will raised her voice and then, came the cold treatment. Eunbi feel frustrated and confused, didn’t know what she did wrong. Sakura really is mysterious! But there were also times, Eunbi heart flutter because of Sakura, and one time, when Sakura eyes locked with her, Eunbi could feel the increasing of her heart rate, her mind went haze looking at Sakura beautiful big round eyes. Her feelings for Wendy hasn’t faded yet, but why does her heart beating erratically for someone else, just like when she’s with Wendy.

 

Seulgi and Joy were the only roommates that doesn’t have any problem or difficulties for the past weeks. As a matter a fact, the two girls like the arrangement. Like the bear said, she and Joy are soulmate, sharing the same amount of love for foods. Joy said they are practically married, Seulgi is the husband and Joy is her wife, as Joy always cook something for Seulgi hungry stomach, smiling delightfully when Seulgi praised her cooking ability, asking Joy to add more into her bowl.

 

 

***

 

Eunbi sat on her chair, currently inside her classroom, sulking alone at her desk because of Sakura. Last night, they had a small argument about one of Eunbi admirers. Eunbi told Sakura, she thinks the girl is sweet and nice, but the feedback she got from Sakura made her heart ache. She said that girl was trying to get lucky and she has a poor eyesight. Eunbi felt insulted by that particular remarks and before she knew it, her voice raised, replying to Sakura thought about her appearance. Being her cold self, Sakura left the room, leaving the fuming girl alone.

 

Today, Eunbi woke up late, forgetting to set her alarm clock last night, resulting her to miss her breakfast as she was in a hurry to get to class, which had been cancel at the last minutes.

 

“She didn’t even consider to wake me up.” Eunbi murmured, pursing her lips.

 

Her head whipped to the front of the class where she heard the sound of the door slides open, and sees Sakura standing there. Their eyes meet briefly before Sakura broke off their gaze when someone called her name.

 

Eunbi puffed her cheek and crossed her arms. “Stupid Kkura!” Eunbi muttered grumpily and fixed her gaze towards the view outside the classroom window.

 

Eunbi flinched in surprise, when something drop on top of her desk. It was her favourite bread and chocolate milk. Slightly puzzled looking at the two well liked food and drinks, Eunbi whirled her head to find the person who gave it to her and sees Sakura back view, casually walking towards her desk and her friend Chaeyeon looking back and forward between them in confusion.

 

Eunbi eyes stayed with Sakura, as the girl sat down on her chair and start playing with her phone in a boring manner. Eunbi brows knitted, shifting back her gaze towards the bread and the chocolate milk, wondering if Sakura was the one who put these on her desk.

 

Feeling vibration in her pocket, Eunbi took her phone out and look at the screen. Her brows arched seeing Sakura name pop out on her notification chat. Opening the chat box, Eunbi carved a wide smiles after reading the message.

 

‘Don’t even think I deliberately didn’t wake you up this morning. I left two hours early to practice. About last night, I’m sorry! I didn’t meant to make it sounds like you’re ugly. Actually, you’re really pretty and that’s the truth! Eat your breakfast, don’t come crying to me when you have a stomach ache.’

 

Eunbi let out a soft chuckled as she twist her body around towards Sakura direction and found the girl head is already planted inside her arms, sleeping.

 

“Babo Kkura!” Eunbi muttered softly and start eating her breakfast, her mood suddenly lights up.

 

***

 

Irene brings her tired body towards her room, exhausted by the heavy practice she’s done today. Opening her room door, Irene halts her step, eyes widen in fear at the sight of Lee Gook Joo, the school monster, sitting comfortably on her sofa. Her body starts to tremble feeling scared for her life, wrecking her brain to find if she had done anything wrong with the sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter