Chapter 18

ENEMIES, FRIENDS, Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another week has passed after the night of the cold war had ended and an honest confession between two mortal enemies took place. In that week however, there was no sign of the blonde anywhere either school or at the dorm. After that night where the enraged teacher emerge in the calmness night with her silky pink pajamas, Wendy and Seulgi went missing. No one know where they were or what happened to those two, and no one dare to question their whereabouts. Did Miss Hwang locked them up in a dungeon, torture them or even worse, murdered them –

 

Yup, not a single soul was brave enough to question the devil itself. Not even Irene who shared most of her time stuck in a room with the scary teacher. Worried, curious but Irene doesn’t have a gut to open unless it was for singing. The other two alphas could only shudders every time the topic brought up while the princesses felt relief that Jessica and Irene were somehow lucky that night to be able to get away.

 

They finally got their answers when Seulgi suddenly showed up in the cafeteria during lunchtime with a dramatic entrance, bawling inside her girlfriend’s arms.

 

Still, no sign of Wendy anywhere.

 

Irene pressed her lips into a thin line, restraining herself from interrogating as she stared at the sniffling bear practically inhaling every food on the table as if she had been starved for days.

 

“Now, can you tell us what happen? And where’s Wendy?” Taeyeon asks placing another tray on the table.

 

Seulgi sniff picking one of the drumstick on the tray Taeyeon slide in front of her. “It was horrible...” she whimpered but it doesn’t stop from taking a bite.

 

All eyes fixed on the bear, giving their full attention as they patiently waits for an answer on the mysterious case of disappearance. Although they can’t denied the chills crawling down their spine imagining Miss Hwang horrible punishment and taking away the fluffy bear adorable smile from her face.

 

“Miss Hwang is two times worse than hellsica.”

 

Those eyes were on the confused girl for a brief second. Jessica merely shrugged her shoulders twirling weird pattern in her drink.

 

Joy lightly shakes her head removing those haunted images out of her head, bringing her gaze back to her girlfriend. “Can you...explain – more?”

 

“Miss Hwang found a new way - an extreme, cruel way in her punishing game.”

 

They all gulped.

 

“Cruel game – what?” Sakura voice came out shaky.

 

“She’s gonna find our weaknesses and use them against us. She...” Seulgi sniff again. “She force me to go veggie for a whole week.” She cries.

 

The table went silent again, some were blinking and some had a blank expression on their faces.

 

“Pfftt!”

 

The two alphas snorted and shortly after, they were cackling, fingers pointing at the dejected bear.

 

“What kind of punishment – hahaha... oh my god, that was so cruel of her - ” Taeyeon guffawed hitting the table with her palm while the other alpha tries to regain her breath, one hand holding her stomach.

 

“It was horrible, okay. I had to eat those gross thing three times a day.” The two went hysterical for the second time that day.

 

Seulgi turn her gaze towards the princesses in hopes they would back her up but it all came crushing down. Jessica and Irene heads were facing down, shoulders shaking in fast pace, they were laughing at her too. And even Joy, her own girlfriend found her misery was funny the way she tries so hard holding back her laughter.

 

“You know what, laugh...laugh all you want. Laugh at my misery. Let’s see how would you guys laughs when the time finally comes to you.” She huffed tearing the drumstick with her sharp teeth.

 

Taeyeon exhales, easing her cramp stomach. “Sorry Seul. It’s just funny. You make it look like Miss Hwang did something horrible to you. But turns out she only made you go vegan. I can’t say it was bad because you do need some green stuff in your food.”

 

“Maybe not for you, but for me it was. Okay, imagine this. She takes away your dookong’s collection and cut it one by one with a pair of sharp scissor in front of your eyes...cutting your dookong’s into pieces.”

 

The amused smile on Taeyeon face vanished as she pales.

 

Seulgi change her target. “What if she erase your games or even worse...” she leans in. “...throws them in the garbage.”

 

Sakura gulp.

 

The brightness on the two alphas faces just few minutes ago vanished as if their blood had been drained, slightly trembling on their seat.

 

“Maybe we should behave for the rest of the year.” Taeyeon chuckles nervously.

 

Sakura immediately answer with a fast nod. “Y-yeah, we should. I’m already bored causing troubled this year.”

 

“Me too.”

 

Unaware of the switch mood between her two friends, Seulgi veer her gaze towards the ice princess seated in front of her. Even before she could parted her lips, Jessica cuts her.

 

“Before she can even think she could force me to eat cucumber, I will burn every pink items she has.”

 

Seulgi froze midway. Irene eyes widen as she quickly distance herself from the ice princess and as for Joy, she hit the bear shoulder and hissed.

 

“Unnie, why do you have to awake hellsica.”

 

Seulgi gulp slowly standing up. She placed both of her hands on her stomach and made a ninety degrees bow. “I apologize. I’m sorry, please go back to warm Sica.”

 

 

 

 

Many cold moments later...

 

 

The ice princess was back to her normal self, much to Seulgi relief and Eunbi finally joined them, holding her girlfriend shaky hand still confused of the situation.

 

“So...for the past week, you were held captive in Miss Hwang house unnie?” Seulgi nod and Eunbi spoke.

 

“And in that week, she personally teach you and Wendy unnie for the classes you two missed...” Seulgi nod. “...and uses your weaknesses as a tool of punishment?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Since your biggest weakness is vegetables, she made you go vegan for a whole week....” Seulgi nods again, her lips quiver. “And now that you are free....what about Wendy unnie?”

 

All eyes were on Seulgi in split second, forgetting about Wendy for a moment there when the new punishment game brought up. Curious gazes waits as Seulgi takes a longer time to answer.

 

Seulgi sighs. “She’s still in the devil lair. Her punishment are worth for two weeks. She still have a week to go through.”

 

“Poor Wendy.” Taeyeon feels pity for her friend’s fate.

 

“Let’s pray for her.” Sakura says and the two starts to pray, clasping their hands together.

 

The princesses only shakes their head at the two ‘religious’ girls.

 

“I am curious though, about Wendy unnie weakness. She seems like she doesn’t have any weaknesses.” Eunbi wondered.

 

“Everyone has a weakness Eun.” Irene says.

 

“And Wendy unnie is not perfect. She got tons of weaknesses actually.” Joy told.

 

“I know that...but it got wondering what kind of punishment Miss Hwang sets on her. Wendy unnie is hard to crack.”

 

The princesses stares at Seulgi in bewilderments when the girl begin giggling.

 

“Hooo...this time she did crack though.” The bear was still giggling.

 

“Unnie, you creeping me out. What’s so funny?” Joy says.

 

Seulgi composed herself, clearing . “Sorry, I just had a short flashback. The way she kept on whining every night...”

 

“Who? Wendy unnie?”

 

Seulgi bobbed her head, grinning from ear to ear. “It was the first time I saw her acted so childish. She desperately wants to get out but of course, Miss Hwang won’t let her. She kept saying she needs to hear what Irene have to say.”

 

Irene stiffened aware that the attention diverted to her. “W-what? Why are you guys looking at me?”

 

“Turns out, Wendy biggest weakness is Irene.” Seulgi revealed.

 

“What?!”

 

“Come again?”

 

“Irene? As in...Joohyun unnie?”

 

Seulgi nods, the grin grew wider. “Miss Hwang knew and decide to punish her by separating them, knowing it would killed her – and it worked. Wendy looks so depressed.”

 

A smirk immediately appeared on the youngest face, the ice princess side eyeing the flustered girl while Eunbi had a confused expression across her face.

 

“Errr...am I missing something?” Eunbi asks. “Why is Joohyun unnie – how should I say this? I’m confused.” She turn to ask her girlfriend for help but the two alphas were still praying. Sighing, Eunbi then averted her gaze to Joy and found the girl grinning slyly, shrugging.

 

“Don’t look at me. I don’t know either.”

 

“Then, why are you smiling like you knew something.”

 

“What? Can’t a girl just smile?”

 

“But the smile you’re using right now is suspicious.”

 

Seulgi sip on her drink, eyes switching between the two girls in interest.

 

“Unnie, stop being paranoid over a simple smile.”

 

“You saying something like this made it even more suspicious.”

 

In between that moment, Jessica slowly turn her body and spoke in a quiet manner.

 

“Did something happened between the two of you after I left?” Jessica asks, staring intensely.

 

Irene unconsciously hold her breath. Something did, she confessed to Wendy, she told Wendy she likes her, although the girl didn’t hear her, still she did confessed.

 

Jessica lips tug upward into a smirk seeing redness slowly crawls up to the girl’s ears. “Oh. That’s why Wendy desperately wants to get out.” her voice was calm but Irene heard playfulness behind that calm tone. “After that cute hug you two shared, I should have seen it coming.”

 

“Jess.” she hit the girl shoulder.

 

Jessica giggled. “Is the rivalry between the alpha and the princess will finally be over?”

 

Irene open but no words comes out as a small smile crept across her face.

 

“Maybe, I guess.”

 

 

 

 

 

Irene bid farewell at her teammates and pulled the shirt over her head. She checked her face at the mirror, fixing her messy bangs. Irene sighs. The showcase is only two days away; summer vacation is only two days away and still, no sign of Wendy. Miss Hwang really did locked her up in her devil lair. She didn’t even let Wendy out for rehearsal and Irene wonder if Wendy would still participate in the summer showcase. Will she see Wendy before summer break?

 

Unlocking her phone, Irene read the text messages her parents sent to her and she sighs again. Her parents were angry, not because of the breakup but mainly because they finally found out the truth. After Eunbi told them about Hyunsik, her parents quickly cancelled the engagement and now, she have to prepare and listen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter