Chapter 20

ENEMIES, FRIENDS, Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The hot boiling lava will erupt anytime soon. She know it was only for a show, it was part of the choreo. Even so, it was hard to simulate composure, especially seeing the little smirk on her best friend face. Okay, maybe she did that on purpose, her best friend was silently challenging her and maybe she was wrong sharing her problem with her best friend. That best friend of hers knew how to push the button and thanks to her, it really did the trick. The competitive side of hers kicking in and she will do anything to win.

 

“Hooo...it is on.”

 

 

 

20 minutes ago...

 

“Irene!” the banging was getting louder. The person on the other side of the room was getting impatience. “Irene! Open the door!”

 

“No!”

 

“Are you getting a stage fright or something?”

 

“No! Can I just quit?”

 

“Why so suddenly? Please just open the door and talk to me. Why are you hiding?”

 

“No, I can’t! I just can’t Jess.” The girl at the other side sigh.

 

“Can you at least tell me what’s wrong? Quitting is not in your vocabulary.”

 

Jessica’s right. Quitting is not in her dictionary, but Miss Hwang wicked plan was too much for her, too advanced and she can’t imagine herself doing it.

 

“Irene... “ Jessica voice drop an octave lower. “...don’t make me pay for a new door.”

 

Irene breathe hitch as she speedily went to the door and flung the door open just to get herself a surprised.

 

Her best friend looks so stunning in that short black tube dress, her wavy hair pulled to the side exposing her lean shoulder, the orange-tan shape daisy jewelry compliment that beauty bone –

 

“Are you done staring?”

 

Irene blinked, shaking off the fogginess. She always knew the ice princess had some sort of magical charms to make people freeze up with her presence and this time, she acknowledge this magical power.

 

“Wow, Jess. Are you... going somewhere?”

 

Jessica lean on one of her leg, hand placed on her hip, gazing at her with an unimpressed look. “Yes, I do actually. I have to go to the stage later, same as you.” Her gaze move downward and back to meeting Irene eyes.

 

“Now, I have a question for you. Do you have any extra class later?”

 

Right, her outfit, the reason why she locked herself in the first place. The common dress code she wears six time a week was an important contribution in carrying out Miss Hwang wicked plan.

 

“Ahhh...This?” she smile sheepishly, finger scratching the side of her cheek. “...My outfit for the performance.”

 

Jessica expression didn’t change and the intense gaze only made her squirm.

 

“As far as I know, our school dress code doesn’t approve us to wear a skirt that is too short and definitely not allowed to tie up our blouse and expose that cute tummy I’m seeing right now.”

 

Her hands moved fast covering up the bare abdomen. This is the main reason she wants to quit. She never consider herself as a good role model for other students. She never thought she was a good student to begin with. She’s been in detention for bunch of times, she gets into trouble, she creates many ruckus in her school years, but she never, in her school years she never puts on something so as this. Never!

 

The girl in front of her sigh and it was evident that her best friend doesn’t like the little changes they did (Miss Hwang idea) with their school uniform, same as her.

 

“Huhh...no wonder that Alpha of yours flip out.”

 

She frown at the remarks. Earlier, just few minutes before she locked herself in the changing room, Wendy and she had a small fight. Turns out, Miss Hwang evil plan already cause a great deal of ogling and disagreeable noise the moment she enter the backstage. Wendy was not happy and she didn’t hold back showing her dislike towards the new upgrade uniform styling. To save herself from embarrassment, her pride, and because she has a hot temper, she respond to Wendy’s rambling with an aggressive feedback and soon, the backstage turn into a huge commotion.

 

“What do you mean by that Alpha of mine? And to make myself clear, I don’t like my own outfit either. This is just for the performance.”

 

“I know you don’t, that’s why you hid yourself in there because you were too embarrassed to come out. But don’t you think you were being a little mean to Wendy? She was just worried Irene ah.”

 

“Tsk.”

 

Okay, she admit she might have acted a little too defensive and harsh with her words earlier, but Wendy and her ability putting them under a spotlight was the incentive of her action. She was already at the edge of the bridge and Wendy just had to push her further.

 

“She should be after embarrassing me out there.” She didn’t meant those words but she knew it would naturally flowing out of because that’s her ego talking right there.

 

Jessica shakes her head and her face shows disappointment. “You know...sometimes I wonder why Wendy likes you.”

 

That was so unexpected coming from her best friend mouth. The way she’s behaving right now probably brings out a displeasure to her friend.

 

Irene open but only to closed it back the next second, doesn’t have any good reason to defend herself.

 

Another sigh escape from Jessica parted lips. “You like Wendy, but I don’t get what’s with all this attitude. Are you playing hard to get or something?”

 

“N-no.”

 

“Then, what? Wendy clearly said she likes you, she even stole Miss Hwang car and went to that house and save you from your crazy ex. So, why are you still behaving like this?”

 

“I...”

 

She can’t fully grasp her own action either. The inner side of hers wants to be nice to Wendy, stepping out from the confusing rivalry relationship, taking a huge step forward and confess her feeling to the Alpha. However, the outer part of her body wouldn’t listen to her inner self, denying all of her advances.

 

“Huhhh... it’s such a shame that cute Alpha doesn’t realize there’s someone else in the princess squad that would appreciate her more.”

 

A creased form under her bangs.

 

“Someone – who?” there’s an unsettling feelings spread across her chest by the lopsided smile.

 

“Hmmm...in the princess squad, there are only two single princess left.”

 

Irene eyes widen. “You –“ she choked as realization hits her.

 

“You like Wendy?”

 

The girl in front of her merely shrugged and Irene saw the smirk threatening to expand wider as Jessica twist her heels around.

 

“Well, I’ll better go. The charming Alpha is waiting for me.”

 

“Jess, wait – “

 

“Oh! Just saying, maybe Wendy have enough heat for this summer and needs a little snow to freshen up her day.”

 

Speechless, Irene could only watch the curvy back view of her friend, her heels clicking against the floor as she walks along the hall until she was out of sight.

 

Her brain was overloading. The revelation – confession was abrupt, an unforeseen context. Was she blind this whole time, too ignorant to the point she can’t even see her own friend hide an affection towards the charming Alpha. And now, it would seem that her most loyal comrade has declared a war, discreetly challenging the combative side of her to have a fair fight to get the trophy.

 

“No, that can’t be. She can’t be serious, right?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Restless, she was feeling a little bit jittery knowing that it was her turn next. She gives a brisk beat on her trembling legs, eyes darting towards the dancers in the middle of stretching their limbs, unperturbed by the short announcement just a minute ago and Wendy mentally curse at them.

 

Okay, it wasn’t fair to curse at them and it wasn’t their fault for being calm. She’s the one who’s supposed to get her head straight and stop trembling already. Her mood was already ruined when Irene showed up with an inappropriate school attire. And to be honest, she had a moment where her brain parameter overdriving with intense emotion. Irene wasn’t lying when she said she don’t have to put on a y dress to show everyone how attractive and hot she is, but when the mention dress bring into play, the scale went above the chart, knocking the air out of her, fulfilling her ding-a-ling fantasy.

 

The thirst however only last temporarily because within second she caught lustful gazes wandering around the girl’s body, and it did brings out the chivalry side of her (forgetting how she was also lusting over Irene before), and she hurries to Irene side, failing in her attempt to cover that inviting abdomen with her hands. After that... well, it didn’t go well as planned. Blame her Alpha possessiveness.

 

Aside from the small fight with Irene, the cause of her inconvenience is the short sketch she about to do with Jessica on stage any minutes from now. She was well aware it was only for performance purpose, heck, it was her idea to begin with and now, she doesn’t know anymore. The dance routine wasn’t provocative, but there’s a scene in the middle, a small scene that probably will cause a conflict, something worth gossiping about.

 

A light tap on the shoulder and she flinch, head swirled fast to the person standing next to her.

 

“Wendy, you okay?” It was only Jessica.

 

Jessica with an outfit that scream hot sauce. Alright, emergency! She is definitely going to cause a hot war.

 

“Urmmm...” she clears . “Sic- Sica? Don’t you think that dress is a bit...urmmm you know?”

 

Jessica lift an eyebrow, arms crossed over her stomach. “You gave me this dress. You’re the one who lay it out for me in the dressing room.”

 

Right! The outfit was hers, but it never crossed her mind Jessica assets will squeezed perfectly in that dress. Perhaps she should measure Jessica blessed benefit first.

 

“Urmmm...” chuckling nervously, she discard those suggestive arms from boosting up those Mountains.

 

“...do you mind if I steal a bit of your energy and time so you could change to your previous outfit? The decent red?”

 

Jessica doesn’t look impressed with the request and the famous ice princess façade come into sight.

 

“Wendy...” Jessica tone was breezeless, too flat and Wendy felt herself shivering. “I’m not changing.” She deadpanned and Wendy gulp as she quickly answer with a fast nod.

 

“Gotcha.”

 

She let out a breath, grateful that Seulgi being Seulgi pick a right time to interfere, snapping Jessica from her cold demeanor with her flavorsome flattery.

 

“Well, the show must go on.”

 

 

 

 

“Oop! My bearbear just texted me. They are next.” Joy chirp excitedly, grabbing the cute yellow sign under the seat. Hearing this, the two Alphas quickly unroll their own banner.

 

“Finally! After all that, I need a breather. It’s hard being a philogynist.” Taeyeon says.

 

“After your brain burst apart you meant, after Jessica.” Sakura teased and a sweaty palm flew, slamming shut.

 

“I told you not to bring that up again.” Taeyeon hissed.

 

Sakura slap the moist body parts off her face, grimace at the salty aftertaste. “Ughhh! You taste awful. Your generosity with fluid, please stop. I’m soaking already.”

 

“Then, you should stop with your colorful twits.”

 

Soon, the two engage with a glaring contest, which only occur for a short while after Eunbi spoke.

 

“Oh, if Wendy unnie is up next, that means Jessica unnie will come out too.”

 

“Oh, yeah. I totally forgot about that.”

 

Taeyeon backed away, perturbed by the unpleasant grin. “What’s with the smile?”

 

“So...Taeyeon ssi?”

 

“What? What’s with the sudden formality?”

 

“I wonder if I should record you or not, for the outcome reaction.”

 

Taeyeon frown. “Reaction to what?”

 

“Maybe I should prepare a rope, just in case the loony wolf decide for a bite.”

 

“Huh? I don’t follow you.”

 

“We’ll wait.” Sakura says, stretching out her limbs.

 

“Why are you stretching?”

 

“Just gearing up my limbs.”

 

“You, after getting bind with a leash, I don’t know you anymore.”

 

“I know, right. I’ve become a new born human. Must be the power of love.”

 

“Don’t talk to me anymore.”

 

 

 

 

She was this close, high-level percentage on quitting, running far away from the crazy teacher.

 

She rushes to the backstage to find Jessica, demand for an explanation, only to bump into Miss Hwang in the middle. New last minute arrangement, a new game plan brought up to the table and Irene doesn’t know if she was predator or a prey – a victim in this somewhat scandalous plan.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter