Chapter 14

ENEMIES, FRIENDS, Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunbi sat alone on the bench near the school fountain, gazing at the black screen in her hands. From far away, everyone notice the cheerleading team princess is in a gloomy mood.

 

Eunbi sighed for gazillions times in that week. That torturous week without the presence of a certain cold city girl who left her in a bundle of mess. After two hungry girls rudely interrupted their unfortunate date, that same night Sakura had to leave for their hockey practice in Japan. Eunbi never get a chance to hear what Sakura wanted to say that day when Yena come running towards them and their coach scolding the latter for being late.

 

“You’re leaving tonight?”

 

“Yeah. I’m sorry. Ughh...I guess it’s not the right time.” Sakura murmured still audible for Eunbi to hear.

 

“MIYAWAKI SAKURA!” Her coach shouted and the two girls winced.

 

Sakura grumbled. “I have to go. We’ll talk later. Wait for me.” and the girl was gone.

 

Eunbi never hear from her again after that night. It’s been a week without phone call or even a single text from Sakura. The girl just magically disappeared, vanished without a trace.

 

Swiping her thumb over the screen, Eunbi sigh again. No luck.

 

“You want me to wait and then you ignored me. Babo Kkura.” She muttered, fed up with whatever game Sakura playing.

 

Seconds later, she let out a small yelp, eyes widening in surprised by the familiar scene, déjà vu.

 

“Hi!” Wendy beamed at her.

 

“Wendy unnie. You’ve got to stop appearing like that.” She hit the older girl shoulder.

 

“Hehe...sorry. So, what makes a beautiful girl like you sitting here all alone?”

 

“Is that how you talk to my sister unnie?”

 

“Hee...kinda. She yells at me of course and most of the time, she ignored me.”

 

“Maybe you should try a new style of approaching unnie. Therefore, we can finally have some peace. I can have peace unnie. Not worrying about my sister killing you.”

 

“Can’t help it kiddo. Your sister hates me even when I breathe. Now, don’t change the subject here. Why are you here all alone? It’s lunch time you know.”

 

Eunbi bring her gaze towards the phone on her laps, debating whether she should express her messed up feelings. Why is Wendy always have the best timing?

 

“Hey...” Wendy call softly, scooting closer, wrapping her arm around Eunbi shoulder.

 

“What’s with the long face? Is there something bothering you?”

 

“Not something. Someone.” She breathe out. “It’s Sakura.”

 

“What about her?”

 

So... she told Wendy everything. About the unexpected date at the Alpha hideout, how it got ruin by two hungry girls and yes that includes her feelings toward Sakura. Admitting she like Sakura in front of one of her best pal (also the same girl she confessed before) is embarrassing. At least the burdens lessen a bit.

 

 

 

(...)

 

 

 

“...and she just disappeared. What am I to her? Does she take me as a joke? So she could play around with my feelings?” She crossed her arms finish with her rambling.

 

The older girl didn’t create a single noise but it’s transparent on her face. Either she’s happy or amused by the whole thing.

 

“Oh, you like Sakura.” Wendy didn’t mean it to came out like a teased, but it did.

 

“Are you making fun of me unnie?” Eunbi pouted.

 

“No.” Wendy finally let out her contain laughter. “I just think it’s cute that she’s the cause of your gloomy mood.”

 

“See! You’re making fun of me.” Eunbi huffed, slumping further into the bench.

 

“Am not.” Wendy assured. “Listen. I’ve known Sakura for two years and I know Sakura would never ignored you for no reason. She ain’t playing around Eunbi, no. Especially not with you.”

 

The younger girl brows crease, having a long thought to herself.

 

“What do you mean by especially not me?”

 

“Hmmm...” Wendy hummed and for the first time ever, Eunbi see the older girl look serious. Perhaps arguing with her inner self.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“Hmmm...I guess I can give you a little hint. Do you remember when you thought I gave you those macarons?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

The blonde didn’t elaborate much further, only giving Eunbi a knowing look.

 

“Hold on.” Eunbi started, straighten up her back as something click in her brain. “Are you telling me, Kkura was the one? She sent me those?”

 

“I don’t want spoiled this confidential information but...yeah!”

 

For the first time in that week, Eunbi smile. Her lips stretching out so widely can’t contain the happiness sweeping over her in the moment.

 

Sakura is her mysterious admirer. Sakura liked her.

 

“I see you’re not gloomy anymore.” Wendy commented, chuckling.

 

“You have no idea unnie. Thank you so much.” The younger girl squeal, pulling Wendy into a tight hug.

 

“Okay, okay. I get it that you’re happy. But if someone sees us like this, they’re gonna get a wrong idea.”

 

Eunbi quickly pulled away. “I’m sorry unnie. I’m just-“

 

“Happy?” Eunbi nodded.

 

“Then, I’m happy too. For both of you. So!” Wendy clap her hands. “Should we go celebrate?”

 

“We’re not official yet unnie. She still haven’t confess yet.”

 

“I know. But ice cream sounds perfect right now.” Wendy stood up and bringing her palm out.

 

“I’ll buy you an ice cream. For early celebration.”

 

Eunbi giggled as she took Wendy’s hand. “Ice cream does sounds perfect.”

 

“To the ice cream parlor.” Wendy beamed playfully as both of them bounce joyfully towards the designated place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Irene trudge her way towards Miss Hwang office. Students could feel the temperature drop down as Irene passes them, aware of the swimming princess foul mood.

 

“I can’t do it. I can’t. No! I can’t do it anymore. I had it.” Irene muttered under her breath. Repeating those phrase over and over again as she’s getting closer to her destination.

 

“What am I thinking? Agreeing to tutor that stupid playgirl.” She grumbled fist clenches tightly.

 

 

 

(Short flashback)

 

Irene left Wendy to find a good book for light reading but when she comes back, Wendy was not at their table. The Alpha was at the other table near them, having a small talk with a pretty junior, which Irene recognize of course; named Jisoo.

 

Her blood boiling up watching the two girls’ interaction. Jealous? Nope! Impossible. Annoyed is the right word for it. She was gone for five minutes and Wendy just decide to go for a hunt. Wendy was supposed to be focusing on one thing only, (her) studying!

 

Earlier, Wendy head was somewhere else too. Unlike the previous session, she wasn’t the cause of Wendy distraction, someone else was. Irene might had accidently (sneakily) caught a small glimpse at Wendy’s phone (curious whom the blonde was texting). Another first year and a cute one too, named Rose.

 

Exhaling loudly, Irene stormed towards the cheeky hamster, pinching the chubby cheek and even twisting it a bit.

 

“Ark!” Wendy cried, feeling the side of her skin stretching out while the junior look startled by the attack.

 

“Library is not the place for you to go girl hunting.” Irene growl.

 

“I’m not hunting owww.!!”

 

“Tell that to your other girls’ collection.” Irene says, pulling the blonde to their table.

 

“Ow, ow...Jisoo, I’ll call you ouuwww...”

 

 

 

Maybe library was not the right place for tutoring lesson and so, their shared room seems like a great choice, right? Wrong! The other two Alpha has this tendency crashing into their room, disturbing their study session, distracting Wendy with their club activities talks.

 

Why? Why’s Wendy had to join two clubs and make a huge ruckus in her private place, fighting over the stupidest subject, which club is better.

 

Irene had enough. If Wendy doesn’t take her – their tutor session seriously, she’s not gonna stick around and let the cheeky hamster fooling around, wasting her precious time.

 

Standing at the front door of Miss Hwang office, Irene takes a deep breath, organizing her formulate speech immaculately.

 

Gaining a little bit of strength she had, Irene raised her fist but stop midway when she heard a familiar voice she know all too well from the inside.

 

 

“Yah! Can’t you see I’m working?” Came Miss Hwang stern voice.

 

“Aww...come on. Just this once. Please??” She heard Wendy whiny voice.

 

“No!”

 

“But mushroom-“

 

“Stop calling me mushroom. What if someone hears you? And can you stop coming to my office in school hours?”

 

“Ahh~~ Please, please, please...Please??”

 

“Oh my god! Stop it! You know your aegyo won’t work on me.”

 

“Please pretty mushroom? Beautiful mushroom in the whole universe.” Wendy continued her cute pleading.

 

“Ughhh...fine! Dinner tonight at eight. Don’t be late, okay?”

 

“Yayyy~~ I know you love my aegyo pany-pany tippany, cause you love me so much.”

 

 

Irene can’t bear to listen anymore as she quickly left the scene. Her purpose to meet Miss Hwang completely forgotten. What she heard in the office between her teacher and her enemy inflicts a huge question mark in her head.

 

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! Are they?? No, no, no! No way!”

 

 

 

 

 

LATER THAT EVENING.. (soccer club locker room)

 

Amber had a confused look plastered across her face seeing her captain hiding behind the locker. Body pressed against the steel compartment and her head stuck out a bit.

 

“Captain.” Amber poke the girl. Frowning when Taeyeon flinched and spun around looking at her with pure terror.

 

“You scared me, idiot.” Taeyeon whispered harshly, rubbing her chest.

 

“Captain, what are you doing?”

 

“Nothing!”

 

That fast answer did not sit right in the llama’s head. Her captain is acting suspicious and she bound to find out. Using her height as an advantage, Amber stretch her neck out hovering over the short girl and take a sneak peek behind those lockers, totally ignoring the frantic girl underneath her.

 

Amber eyebrow quirk when she sees two girls behind those lockers as she shifts her gaze back towards her captain.

 

“Captain? Are you spying on Jessica?”

 

“No!”

 

“Doesn’t look like it. Why are you sneaking around, snooping on Jessica and Moonbyul?” Amber pressed on, crossing her arms.

 

“All right. Yes, I am but it’s not what you’re thinking. I’m just...curious what they’re whispering about, you know. Maybe they’re planning to prank me – us... or maybe...”

 

“Or maybe you’re afraid the new charming junior will make a move on our ice princess?” Amber smirk.

 

“N-no.”

 

“Yea...doesn’t seem like it. Good luck spying.” Amber pats her captain shoulder and left.

 

Taeyeon grunt, banging her head against the metal. She couldn’t quite understand her own action either. She hated Jessica for all she knows, but why Jessica talking, being friendly to a junior let alone a charming one, bothered her so much. The ice princess really messed her up so bad.

 

“Midget!” Taeyeon flinched, jerking around to find the source of her recent hardship.

 

“I didn’t hear anything.” Taeyeon speedily explained which was true. Her wolf ear did not caught what were the two conversing about.

 

Jessica lift an eyebrow, wondering what made the short girl look so nervous. Shoving the curiosity away cause well, Taeyeon wasn’t normal for a start, Jessica spoke the thing that possibly will become a big issue.

 

“Have you seen the picture?”

 

Now, it was Taeyeon eyebrow lifting up. “What picture?”

 

“Check your phone. It’s all over the school. People are going crazy about it. Especially Wendy’s fans.”

 

Taeyeon quickly fished out her phone and her eyes bulge open when she saw the picture that worries not just Jessica, her too.

 

“Oh. My. God!”

 

“I know.”

 

“You think Wendy knew about this?”

 

“As far as I concern, I am more afraid of what Irene would do.”

 

“There’s going to be a blood bath.”

 

"I know.” Both of them sighs.

 

“So...what should we do?” Taeyeon asks.

 

“Pray hard? Or wait for a cruel punishment.” The two of them sighs again, predicting their faith against the one and only devil, Miss Hwang.

 

 

 

 

Irene let her body float in the water, relaxing near the surface of the gentle liquid. Swimming practice were already finished but Irene have no intention leaving the pool just yet. The previous event between Miss Hwang and Wendy still lingering inside her mind, disturbing her terribly.

 

“Mushroom? Pany-pany Tippany?” Irene mumbled face creased.

 

“What’s their relationship? Are they... – dating? If it’s true...is it allowed though?”

 

Irene stay above the water while repeating those unanswered questions in her head. After sometimes, when she felt the warm water was too cold for her sensitive skin, she decide it’s time to head back to the dry land.

 

Almost reaching the edge of the swimming pool, she felt pain shooting up to her calf muscle. The next thing she knew, she was gasping for air, having a hard time to keep her head above the water, she was drowning.

 

“Help!” She manage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter