Chapter 16

ENEMIES, FRIENDS, Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The side of Taeyeon eyes twitch. Suddenly having an urge to smack the squirming bear sitting next to her.

 

“Can you stop?” Taeyeon says.

 

Unfortunately, the bear didn’t hear her as she continues with her nervous antic and that finally snap Taeyeon to grab her shoulder, putting an end to Seulgi discomfort.

 

“Can you stop? You driving me insane.” Taeyeon exclaimed. “What’s with you?”

 

“I just – you know – Sooyoung.” Seulgi stutters and she sound like she’s about to cry.

 

Taeyeon groaned. “For god sake. She’s just went to get her lunch. It’s not like she’s abandoning you.”

 

“B-but – but don’t you think she’s taking too long?”

 

“You seriously need to take a chill pill. She and Jessica just took off minutes ago. It hasn’t even pass five. Jeez... Just calm your asses.”

 

“But but but – wait a minute.” The bear finally stop being jumpy, eyeing Taeyeon for a moment before her lips forming into a teasing grin.

 

“What? What’s with the smile? You creeping me out.”

 

“Did I hear it wrong or you just called Sica, Jessica?” Taeyeon tense up, knowing what’s playing in the bear’s head.

 

“W-well, because you know...that’s her real name. What’s wrong with that?”

 

“Oh, nothing. You always called her iceberg, cold-hearted princess and my personal favorite, Popsicle. But I never heard you used her real name.”

 

Taeyeon squint her eyes, that sly grin have a meaning. “Where are you going with this?”

 

“Guess that morning wasn’t a misunderstanding like you explained.”

 

The soccer captain face heating up, knowing what particular morning Seulgi implying.

 

 

 

 

(short flashback)

 

 

“Jessica Jung Soyeon! Wake up! WAKE UP!!”

 

Taeyeon groaned. All that yelling and violating the peaceful morning wasn’t working. The ice princess did not budge, sleeping like a dead log.

 

“Did she put icebuds in her ears?” Taeyeon ponder for a moment, finding ways to awaken the sleeping beast.

 

“Everyone calls her sleeping beauty. Should I kiss her?”

 

Taeyeon quickly shakes her head. The idea was too stupid as stupid as herself for coming up with that ridiculous idea.

 

“Or you can touch her and shake her until she wakes up, genius.” she gives herself a knock on the head for her slow brain.

 

She poke the girl shoulder. “Yoo, popsicle!” Another poke and she got no signal.

 

Taeyeon exhale, hoping the ice princess won’t punch her. “Iceberg, wake up!” with a slight raise voice, Taeyeon shakes the girl harder.

 

Finally, there was some movement. “Hurmm...five more – hours.” The girl murmured turning around and resumed in her dreamland.

 

Taeyeon tries again, several times actually. She even tried pulling the cover off but the princess grip were too strong for someone who’s not conscious.

 

“That’s it!” Her patience has reach to its limit as she climb onto the bed and start jumping like a child throwing a tantrum.

 

“WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!!” She holler, being as loud as she can be.

 

The sudden movement from the sleeping girl cause her to lose balance. Her feet got tangled up with the blanket and she tumble, crushing the peaceful ice princess. (typical drama scene)

 

“Ughhh...” a sudden heavy weight finally awake the ice princess. Opening one of her eye, she see Taeyeon, hissing and rubbing her forehead.

 

“Taeyeon? Why are you on my bed?” she asks, groggily sitting up.

 

"Got a bump on my forehead trying to wake up a dead person.” Taeyeon grumble, glaring at the cause of her exaggerating (none existent) injury.

 

Taeyeon froze; she forgot how to breath shortly when Jessica absentmindedly lean closer, brushing her finger over her forehead.

 

“I don’t see any bump.” She mumbled, checking through fully the girl’s forehead.

 

Taeyeon heart picking up its pace. Jessica is close, too close. She never notice how smooth Jessica skin before and she wonder what kind of lotion or shampoo or body wash Jessica used. She smells good and...Addicting. Taeyeon wants to buried her nose on that skin –

 

Taeyeon took a sharp intake, shocked with her own erted thought. What in the actual fu-fish?

 

“Does it hurt?”

 

“W-what?”

 

“Your forehead. Does it hurt?”

 

The softness and sweetness in Jessica tone was just too... let’s just say Taeyeon couldn’t imagine it came from the cold ice princess as she numbly nods as an answer.

 

The thing is Taeyeon had encounter with so many surprising scenarios in her life. However, this particular scenario, at this exact moment is the winner. Taeyeon feel dizzy, the room suddenly become hot, and the soft touch still lingered on her forehead. Jessica totally knock the air out of her with a simple kiss (on the forehead).

 

Jessica kissed her. The ice princess kissed her forehead.

 

Her ears numb. She see Jessica mouth moving but her she can’t distinguish a single syllable, staring intensely, transfix by the pink structure.

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

It was like magnet as her hand reach out to cup Jessica face. The urge to kiss Jessica was too strong. She inattentively shift forward, drawn into those bewitching lips.

 

“SICA UNNIE! RISE AND SHINE!”

 

Taeyeon jolt up, accidentally bumping their head together, shocked by the two girls’ interruption.

 

The two soccer players hissed while the two intruders stood still at their spot, analyzing the situation in front of them.

 

“PARK SOOYOUNG! How many times do I have to tell you not to use yelling attack to wake me up.” Jessica scolded but the younger girl only smirk at her and Seulgi just stood frozen with a bread hanging on .

 

Jessica face crease in bewilderment. Why are they staring at her like that?

 

The instant she see Taeyeon and the position they were in with Taeyeon straddling her stomach and the close proximity, Jessica squeak, pushing the soccer captain all the way to the floor and hastily pulling the thick material over her body.

 

“Argh!”

 

“Midget! What are you doing on my bed?” she gasp. “You were trying to take advantage while I was asleep?”

 

“WHAT? N-no!” but her face betrayed her, blowing up into brighter red.

 

“BYUNTAE!”

 

 

Turns out, the ice princess was not fully awake when she kiss Taeyeon and have no memory of that incident. Only Taeyeon remember every detail of it, sometimes she caught herself staring at Jessica lips, and today, her skin once again betrayed her, reddening because of the short incident.

 

“Ohooo...ByunTaeyeon.” Seulgi teased.

 

“I’m not – yah – it wasn’t...shhhh...” her brain suddenly ran out of word, can’t explain herself.

 

“It’s okay, Tae. You’ll eventually fall for Sica anyway. No one can’t resist her icy charm.”

 

My case, her icy lips. Taeyeon grumble inwardly.

 

“Sooyoung ah!” The bear exclaimed, hugging the taller girl waist.

 

Usually, Taeyeon would vomit but this time she felt grateful. At least she don’t have to explained her messed up feelings to the annoying bear anymore.

 

“What the matter unnie?” Joy caressed the bear head in worriedness.

 

“I thought you left me.” Seulgi whimpered.

 

“Aigooo...we already talk about this unnie. I just went to grab our lunch. I’m not going anywhere.”

 

“Promise? You won’t leave me?” Joy answer with a short peck on the bear lips.

 

On second thought, Taeyeon wish Joy wouldn’t showed up, bothered at the two girls PDA.

 

(And since when did they become an item)

 

“Byuntae! Stop staring at them. I don’t want you imagining dirty stuff in your erted mind.”

 

“Can you stop calling me a ? And I wasn’t imagining things. I was disgusted if that wasn’t evidently enough.”

 

Jessica rolls her eyes and then, she zone out grabbing Taeyeon attention at the bipolar behavior.

 

Taeyeon sighs. “Okay, what are you worrying about now?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Your blizzard mood. What is it about?”

 

“Irene.”

 

Taeyeon hummed. “I’m not usually concern about your friend’s problem, but I think I know what’s playing on your mind.”

 

“She’s acting strange.”

 

“Strange as in...Trying to avoid Wendy at all cost?” Jessica nod. “Yes, it was strange and I think Wendy also notice. But the real question is why though?”

 

“She’s hiding something and I can’t figure out what it is.”

 

“We get that she hates Wendy, but she’s behaving... more peculiar. Did they fought? Irene didn’t tell you anything?”

 

“That’s what worries me. Irene and her problem, we have zero chance to find out. She never talks. Never.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie!” Eunbi call out, waving her hand. Irene smile at her. However, when she see the person standing near her, Irene smile fades and hurriedly walk the opposite direction.

 

Eunbi brows wrinkle baffled with her sister antic. “Okay, that was weird. I could have sworn she saw me earlier but why...” she trail off.

 

“Maybe because she saw this devastated hamster.” Sakura says, side eyeing the pouting blonde.

 

“Wendy unnie. Did something happen between the two of you?”

 

“Yes, clearly something did happened. Your sister hates me and she doesn’t want to share the same air with me ANYMORE!”

 

Wendy unanticipated blown up left the two girls gaping as they watch the angry blonde stormed away.

 

Eunbi clears . “Well, that was...surprising.”

 

“Okay. Something is definitely wrong for Wendy to lose her temper. What happened exactly? Why is your sister avoiding Wendy? Not like she never done it, but this one is totally different from the other times she tries not making any contact with Wendy. ”

 

“Believe me, I have no clue.” Then, her brows shot up remembering something. “Is it because of Hyunsik oppa?”

 

“Oppa? Who is this Hyunsik oppa?” Sakura ask grimly.

 

Eunbi giggled sensing her girlfriend jealousy. “A total nobody you shouldn’t be jealous of. He’s unnie ex-boyfriend. Well...they recently got back together.”

 

“So...why is he have to do with your sister avoiding Wendy?”

 

“Unnie never talks about Hyunsik oppa that much. But what I can say is... he is not a good man like my parents assumed he may be.”

 

“You don’t like him, don’t you?”

 

“Nope. Unfortunately, I have no power to against it. Neither did my sister. Hyunsik oppa deceiving skill is top notch. You can’t imagine how much in trouble unnie was when she told our parents about their breakup. Hyunsik oppa succeed in fooling them and made my sister the bad guy.”

 

“Err...should I feel scared?”

 

“Huh? For what?”

 

“Your parents...our relationship. You did told them, right. About us?”

 

Eunbi smirk. “Yes, I did. I told them everything...” She drawls.

 

Sakura gulp. “Everything? Including my volcano head?”

 

Eunbi snorts done playing around when that face has turn white as sheet. “I only told them about the good qualities.” Eunbi cup the girl’s face. “- and they like you.” She see Sakura sighs. “However-“

 

“What?”

 

“If you walk away from me again, ignored me again... being your old -self, I’m gonna tell them everything. Including your volcano head.” She threatens.

 

Sakura big eyes went rounder, trembling slightly. “I promis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter