Chapter 24

ENEMIES, FRIENDS, Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you sure it’s okay to leave both of them? Alone…in the same room?” Eunbi asks her surprisingly cheerful girlfriend that afternoon as they walks in the hallway, heading towards Wendy’s room.

 

“Yup.”

 

Eunbi had a wary look as she stares at the grinning girl, wondering what made Sakura thinks that it was okay to leave Jessica and Taeyeon in the same room. Last night or to be more specific, hours ago after the morning checkup it was proven that those two are not compatible to be in the same room together.

 

 

“Midget! Let go of my hand!” Jessica exclaimed, trying to undetached her hand from Taeyeon’s tight grip.

 

“No! They will come again.”

 

“So?”

 

“I need you to hold my hand if they come again.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Just because.”

 

“Wow that really explain so much. It’s so make sense, that I want you to let go of my hand!” She tries again but Taeyeon didn’t loosen her hold. “Kim Midget!”

 

“I said no! Popsicle, sit still and just let me hold your hand.”

 

“Midget! Just because I held your hand last night, doesn’t mean I will today. I have to go back to the dorm. I have to shower.”

 

“You can shower here.”

 

“I want to sleep.”

 

“You can sleep here. Just lay your head on this bed. You sleeping just fine last night.”

 

“I want to change to something clean.”

 

“They have hospital gown. It’s cleaner.”

 

Jessica squint her eyes. “Eunbi, get me a needle.”

 

“W-what?”

 

“So I can stab this midget.”

 

“Even if you stab me, I won’t let go of your hand!”

 

“Eunbi, get me a blade instead.”

 

 

(Eunbi wonders how those two haven’t kill each other yet)

 

But when they don’t try to kill each other, Eunbi must admit both of them look good together. They would make a cute bickering pair. Sakura had told her about Taeyeon and her secret crush on her unnie, and Eunbi thought it’s really cute. Especially when she witness a glimpse of Taeyeon sweet side right after Jessica had fallen asleep.

 

Even though the blonde was scared of people with uniform, she bravely had asked for an extra blanket and pillow and had taken an extra care to make sure the ice princess can sleep comfortably. And the smile on Taeyeon’s face afterwards, and the way she stares at the ice princess made Eunbi squealing internally.

 

To put it shortly, she look forward to see what Taeyeon would do to seize the ice princess heart.

 

 

***

 

Eunbi and Sakura stop dead in their tracks at the bizarre sight. The sight was so remarkably surreal that Sakura felt her head aching again, pressing her palm over her bandage head while Eunbi on the other hand, has gone completely still, processing the image into her brain.

 

There are four people inside the room which they already knew beforehand that these people would be in there. So not surprising.

 

They see Seulgi and Joy at the right side of the room, eating breakfast – feeding each other – doing all those cringes things that couples would do. The sweet intimacy of the couple didn’t surprise them at all.

 

What did baffled them was the other two occupants inside that room.

 

There, sitting on the bed with various dishes placed on the bed tray in front of her, is Wendy. She had a huge smile across her face while she munch her food, evidently happy. While on the other hand, standing next to the happy blonde holding a pair of chopsticks and a bowl of half eaten rice is Irene. Compare to the grinning blonde, Irene doesn’t look happy. She had a scowl on her face and by the looks on Irene face, she won’t hesitate to stab Wendy’s mouth with the chopsticks. (but of course she wouldn’t)

 

“Am I the only one seeing this?” Sakura asks, eyeballs following Irene hand movement heading to its destination, which is Wendy’s mouth. “Am I the only who see your sister feeding an excited golden retriever?”

 

“You see golden retriever? I see an angry mini lop feeding Wendy unnie. Is this real? Are they – are we?” the couple look at each other with similar bewildered looks.

 

If that’s not weird enough, the shocking scene doubled up the moment Wendy open .

 

“Joohyun ah, can you get me another glass of water?”

 

“Of course Wendy.”

 

Wendy was calling Irene by her Korean name. Irene didn’t blow up and she actually moving, getting Wendy her water?

 

Sakura immediately grab Eunbi arm.

 

“Princess, I think they hit my head harder than I thought. I think I still have a concussion.”

 

“I think both of us are dreaming. Because there’s no way this is real.”

 

 

 

The siblings stood face to face outside in the hallway. The youngest of the two couldn’t stop giggling after finding out the story behind the bizarre scene the witness earlier.

 

“Stop laughing. It’s not funny.” Irene huffed as she turn, back facing her sister.

 

“But it is unnie. I can’t believe you willingly gave yourself to that sly Alpha. I could obviously tell Wendy unnie is having the best time of her life right now.”

 

“Ughhh… if only I didn’t feel guilty, I won’t be here doing all this.” She grumbles as she thumbed the button.

 

Eunbi amused grin didn’t wears off as her gaze follow her sister movement, picking up the soda from the vending machine before turning around to face her but now with a different aura.

 

Eunbi brows creased in confusion. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I… “ Irene breathe out, fiddling with the can.

 

Eunbi softly sighed. She know that look very well. Her sister have been wearing the same expression after the incident.

 

“Unnie…” Eunbi calls gently stepping closer to hold her sister trembling hand. “…stop blaming yourself. You can’t keep apologizing to me unnie because it really wasn’t your fault. I’m here unnie. I’m okay.”

 

A short hollow laugh slip from Irene’s mouth as she brush a single tear leaked from her eye. “I know but I can’t help to feel that way. When I saw the picture, you tied up, felt like – “ Irene let out shaky breath. “ – I don’t know what would I do if he touch you, harm you, I keep blaming myself for letting this awful things happens to you. But thank god you’re okay. You’re not hurt. You are here with me, safe and sound.”

 

Eunbi immediately wrapped Irene into her embrace, tears spilling out. “Me too unnie. I’m happy to be here and see you’re safe.”

 

 

 

***

 

“So this means he got away?” Eunbi says and from the looks on her face, she’s not too happy with the news.

 

“His parents already contact our parents. They apologies and they promise he won’t bother us anymore. They already send him away.”

 

“What about mom and dad? They just accept it?”

 

“They don’t want this case to become big.”

 

Eunbi crosses her arms. “So they care more about their business, their reputation rather than us, their daughters. I mean their daughters are in the hospital and they don’t even bother to come and check on us.” Eunbi huffed.

 

“They said they have an important meeting.”

 

“Why am I not surprise at all.” Eunbi sneered. “That man deserve to have a life in prison.”

 

Irene sighs. She knows that Eunbi is angry same as her. They are just a bunch of kids and powerless against those adults.

 

“What about those officers then? Aren’t they supposed to ensure our safety? And what did they do? Nothing! Our law is so messed up.”

 

Hyunsik came from one of many powerful families in Korea. She knew all about Hyunsik past history but of course when you come from a family with a good background, those bad records would not exist and by that, his family must have had something to do with it.

 

Irene exhale through her nostrils. Angry, frustrated, she want justice but she couldn’t do anything.

 

If only her parents didn’t introduce them, if only Hyunsik parents doesn’t want her to be their daughter in law, if only Irene was brave enough to reject the proposal, that awful event would’ve never happened and no one’s would get hurt.

 

Irene shakes her head. There’s no use dwelling about the past and what could be done differently if she could go back in time. Because logically speaking, she can’t. All she needs to think about right now, in this present time, how to deal with the situation unfold up front.

 

Both siblings has gone completely stiff as a familiar figure whisk by them, moving fast towards the direction of Wendy’s room.

 

There’s a few seconds of delay before one of Eunbi’s hand move and grasp her sister sleeve.

 

“Un-unnie…” her voice came out shaky as she turn around to look at her sister who also had turn to look at her with the same horror expression. “Unnie, is that…”

 

Both sisters swallowed and rushes to where the figure is heading.

 

 

 

 

 

“Did you tell your parents that you’re here?” Wendy asks.

 

Sakura didn’t respond and keeps staring at the blonde who was struggling to eat an apple with her busted lip, squinting in pain.

 

After have had enough of watching, her hand had shot up and snatch the apple away.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Don’t eat if you can’t open your mouth.” Sakura scolded.

 

A smile slowly takes over Wendy’s lips as Sakura began cutting the apple into thin slices while grumbling in a low tone. At the back, Wendy saw Joy mouthing the word ‘tsundere’ to Seulgi who quickly agrees with a giggled.

 

“You can’t even open your mouth for an apple but can open widely when Irene fed you.” Sakura says, giving a slice to Wendy.

 

Wendy takes a bite and grin. “She’s Irene. My mouth would gladly open even if she fed me mint chocolate ice cream.”

 

Sakura hummed while giving her a look. “Maybe later I’ll ask her to buy it for you.”

 

Wendy visibly panic, chuckling. “Hehe don’t tell her. So did you tell your parents?”

 

Sakura gives another slice whilst shaking her head. “Nope. I don’t want them to come here and embarrass me.”

 

“Are they really that dramatic?”

 

“Hooo…you don’t want to know.”

 

“Same here.” Joy chimed in. “I have to beg my brother so he won’t tell them.”

 

“I told appa not to come. It’s his first week on his new job.” Seulgi says. “But he was worried when I told him I hit you by accident.” Sakura snorted while Wendy giving her a side eye, obviously still holding a grudge against her friend.

 

“Don’t look at me like that.” Seulgi grin sheepishly. “I said I was sorry.”

 

“Yeah your sorry, won’t give any justice to my face.” Wendy points at the injuries Seulgi had done to her face. Swollen eye, busted lips, and couple of bruises around her cheeks.

 

“At least the swelling wasn’t as worst as last night. Little ice works should do the tricks, right?” Seulgi chuckles nervously, gulping seeing that deadly glare.

 

“I swear in the names of bear, I will –“

 

“What about your parents’ unnie?” Joy asks, quickly changing the subject to save her girlfriend. “Do they know?”

 

Sakura shakes her head as Wendy continue giving Seulgi a nasty look and shoved a slice of apple into the blonde’s mouth. Well of course Wendy would let out a groan of pain and glare at her instead.

 

“Stop being upset and answer.”

 

Wendy swallowed the apple and huffed out. “They already know. Yes, they’re freaked out at first but then I got scolded. But…” Wendy seems scared all of a sudden.

 

“As you guys know, they’re not the one that I’m worried.” The three shares the same look, knowing exactly who’s Wendy referring to.

 

“Thank goodness she already flew thousands miles away or else I’ll probably be dead right now.”

 

As soon as she said that, the door suddenly flung opened.

 

The teenagers were too stunned by this person presence that they’ve become completely frozen, blood drained from their faces.

 

Wendy’s worst nightmares has come to burn her alive and she looks absolutely livid. Her face has turn into the same colour as her hair the moment their gaze clashed.

 

“YOU!” Miss Hwang growls.

 

Sakura immediately dashes away to join the other two at the corner of room leaving Wendy who got tangled up with the blanket when Miss Hwang marches forward with an over dying desire to kill.

 

“You little devil!”

 

“Wait wait wait - “

 

Wendy attempt to escape, well of course failed because the woman already pinned her down with her claws.

 

“I was only gone for one day and you got the entire school into a hospital!” a hard smack landed on Wendy’s bum.

 

“Arghhh! Ouch! Wait!”

 

The other three could only stand and watch as series of nonstop spanks and cries of pain filled up the room. Unknown to them, there are two girls standing immobile at the door. Just like them, Eunbi and Irene aren’t able to do anything. Too scared to even enter the room.

 

“My flight just landed and I have to get into another flight just to go back because surprise! Half my students got admitted into a hospital!”

 

“Wait wait –ark! Stop! Pause!”

 

“Pause? You want me to pause? I have to postpone my vacation just to clean up your mess! Can you stop causing trouble for just a day?!”

 

“Break! I need a break!”

 

“Break? I need a break!”

 

“Arggghhh! Stop stop! PINK PIGGY STOP! I’M HURT!”

 

“YAH! IS THAT HOW YOU TALK TO YOUR SISTER?!”

 

“IM IN PAIN!”

 

 

As the yelling and smacking continues, another siblings who are there with them couldn’t masked the shocked shown on their faces by what they had just discovered.

 

“Did I heard it wrong? Sis-sister?”

 

Irene blinks, opens and closes. “Miss Hwang is… Wendy sister?”

 

 

 

 

 

Despite having heard it herself, despite Seulgi, Sakura and Joy had confirm it, Irene still have a hard time believing that Miss Hwang is actually Wendy step sister. The information had left her speechless. couldn’t form a single word. She was just simply too shocked as she takes in the scene up front.

 

Wendy was pouting, clearly upset while Miss Hwang, her sister tries to cheer her up.

 

“Stop pouting already. I didn’t hit you too hard.”

 

“Didn’t hit – wah.” Wendy scoffed. “I said I was in pain but you kept going.”

 

“Arrasseo, mianhae. Come on, eat your ice cream before it melts.” Miss Hwang says, fingers the blonde locks in loving manner.

 

This is the main reason why Irene still hesitant to believe that this is all real. The woman had a fond smile decorating her face and to be fair, she never saw Miss Hwang smiles like that before. Miss Hwang always has a scowl on her face and every time she smiles, usually it makes her uncomfortable or scared.

 

Compared to Miss Hwang that she regularly met in school, the woman in front of her looks more softer and…

 

Normal.

 

Without the plain coat, pencil skirt, strong makeup and with those casual outfit, Miss Hwang looks… younger? She doesn’t look like a teacher is what Irene wanted to say. She looks like one of those college students. How old is Miss Hwang again?

 

Another thing that made Irene baffled, including Eunbi, the rest of the alphas and Joy, the way they are behaving towards the woman is different. Same goes to Miss Hwang.

 

“Ppany unnie, is there any ice cream left?” Seulgi asks in cheerful manner which was surprising considering Irene know how much she’s afraid of Miss Hwang.

 

“Oh sorry teddy. That was the last one.” The bear pouts and not long after that, the woman stands up. “Alright, let’s go buy a bunch of different flavour ice creams. And you can pick and take as much as you want, okay?”

 

“Yay!”

 

If that wasn’t shocking enough, Seulgi just had to add an even astonishing sight by grabbing the woman hand and drag her out of the room with Sakura hopping behind them.

 

Is this for real? Is she seeing things right? Is that really Miss Hwang?

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter