Chapter 5

ENEMIES, FRIENDS, Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy was laying down with her front pressing down on the mattress, watching her three friends struggling to closed her bedroom door and tried to blocked her fans from entering her room.

 

“God! Bunch of crazy girls.” Sakura grunt after they finally able to closed the bedroom door.

 

“Your fans are crazy! Did you know that?” Taeyeon add, settling herself on Wendy bed.

 

“I know! Sometimes they can be a little bit carried away and…a burden.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell us that your back was hurting?” Seulgi asked while rummaging her hands inside Sakura and Wendy fridge. Probably looking for something to eat.

 

“I don’t want you guys to get worried. And…it doesn’t hurt that much.”

 

“Really?” A sly grinned form on Taeyeon lips as she pressed her palm on Wendy’s back.

 

Wendy immediately jerk her body away from Taeyeon touched. “Yah!! That hurts you idiot.” Her three friends laughed.

 

“Son Wendy ssi! Stop trying so hard to act cool.” Taeyeon teased. Wendy pushed Taeyeon from her bed but Taeyeon jump back up while cackling.

 

“Err…quick question.” Seulgi chipped in after finding herself some left over pizza. “Why is Eunbi with you?”

 

“Oh! She’s the one who brings me to the hospital and she also called Sakura for me.” Wendy replied calmly still trying to keep Taeyeon naughty hand away from her injured back.

 

“Oh, that’s so nice of her.”

 

“Yeah, the perfect match for our hamster here. How do you think Irene will react when she found out you like her little sister?” Taeyeon teased again. Sakura body became stiff while Seulgi eyes bulge open, shocked.

 

“You-you..you like Eunbi?” Seulgi stutter.

 

“Stop being ridiculous Tae and no! No, I don’t like Eunbi like that okay.” Wendy said sternly, glaring at the smirking Taeyeon.

 

“But why?” Wendy was dumbfounded by Seulgi reaction.

 

“What do you mean by why?”

 

“I mean…she’s nice and pretty. So…we’re not gonna stop you from pursuing her. But I don’t know about Irene though.” Wendy mouth agape. Couldn’t believe Seulgi actually convinced by Taeyeon stupid teasing.

 

“See! Even Seulgi already gave her blessing. So…go get her already.” Taeyeon slap Wendy back resulting her friend to let out a loud cried.

 

“Arkkk!!! Dude, that hurt! Get your hand off of my back. And…I already told you guys, I don’t like Eunbi like that.”

 

“Come on! Just admit it already.” Taeyeon once again slap the injured girl back.

 

“YAH!!! Are you crazy? It really hurts you idiot. Do you want to die?” Wendy shouted.

 

“You can’t even stand up straight, so how will you kill me?” Taeyeon laughed mockingly.

 

While the two blonde were busy bickering and Seulgi was busy eating while watching the show, Sakura stay rooted on her spot feeling slightly relief Wendy didn’t tell the two about her crush on Eunbi but at the same time she’s also felt uneasy about the idea if Wendy really did like Eunbi.

 

***

 

The next day, Wendy was all alone inside the dorm while her three friends goes to their class like usual leaving a boring hamster pouting and sulking alone inside her room. Knowing it’s almost lunch time and imagining the crowded cafeteria make Wendy let out a soft groan. She was hungry indeed and Seulgi told Wendy that their dorm chef said if she wanted to eat something just give them a call and they will send it to her room. But the bear forgot one important thing before she left Wendy. She forgot to tell Wendy the chef phone number and to make it more worse, Seulgi even forgot to ask for the phone number from the chef. Wendy cursed her bear friend for her stupidity.

 

She couldn’t even stand up straight but she have too. She needs too. Her rumbling stomach keep asking her to do it. Her stomach demands to be fill with some delicious food. She took a deep breath and held it in as she pushed herself up from her bed slowly. Swinging both of her legs to the side, she inhaled and exhaled couple more times before slowly standing up on her feet but still she hunched slightly because of the pain.

 

“Okay Wendy! You can do it. The kitchen is not that far. You can do it!” After giving herself an encouragement, Wendy took a small step followed by another small step until she was out from her room and into the dorm long and huge corridors. She heaved a heavy sighed and continued her journey along the corridors.

 

Halfway of her slow and painful journey, Wendy felt a sharp pain on her back like someone shoot an arrow to her back. Her knee buckled and she slumped down on the ground. With one hands on her back Wendy whimpered, biting her lower lips trying to sustained the pain. “Damn! Maybe this isn’t a good idea after all.” Wendy murmured. “Ugghhhh… I can’t go on like this nor going back to the room. Huhh…maybe I should lay down and take a rest. Just a quick rest.” Wendy nodded her head, confirming her decision. She lay down on the hard cold floor with her front body and sighed softly when she felt the pain slowly reduced.

 

Not longer than five minutes laying on the hard cold floor, Wendy saw two shoes appeared in front of her eyes. She slowly lift up her head and saw Irene with brows lifted looking at her confusedly.

 

“What are you doing?” Irene asked, puzzled looking at her rival sprawl in their corridors.

 

“Hye…Irene!” Wendy replied sheepishly and waved her hand.

 

“Why are you…sleeping in our dorm corridors?”

 

“Well…you see…my room was hot…and this floor is so cold and comfortable, I just couldn’t help myself. Nice shoes by the way.” Irene know Wendy was lying. The girl made up story was ridiculous. Wendy really was a terrible liar.

 

“You couldn’t get up, aren’t you?” Wendy carved a defeated grinned and nods her head. “Why did you leave your room in the first place?”

 

“I’m hungry and I want to inform the chef about it. But in the middle, my back was hurting so…I took a little rest. What are you doing here?”

 

“ I forgot my book.” Irene sighed, couldn’t believe what she was about to do next.

 

“Come on! I’ll help you get back to your room. Can you stand up?” Irene crouched down and hesitate whether to touch her rival hand or not.

 

“I think I can…” Wendy replied weakly, pushing herself slowly from the floor. After debating for few seconds, Irene grab Wendy arm and help the hamster up on her feet. Wendy was slightly surprised that Irene willingly wanted to help her and she couldn’t help but smiled watching Irene put her arm around her shoulder.

 

Irene saw the smiled forming on her rival face and she quickly spoke, explaining herself. “Don’t get the wrong idea. I’m not helping you because I wanted too. It’s because-”

 

Wendy cut in. “Because you don’t want me dirtying our floor corridors. I know! I get it. Don’t need to worry. I won’t tell a single soul.” Irene cleared and nods her head.

 

“Let’s go!”

 

“B-but my lunch…”

 

“I will inform the chef, okay? So just…start walking. You’re not a feather.” Irene said gruffly and starts moving, bringing Wendy to her room. A goofy grinned escape from Wendy lips, looking at the girl around her arm.

 

Just like Irene said, after putting the injured girl on the couch, she went to their dorm chef and even brings Wendy lunch to her. “Here!” She put the tray on Wendy coffee table. Wendy eyes sparkle at the sight of her lunch food.

 

“Thank you Joohyun!”

 

“Stop calling me that!”

 

“Sorry!” Wendy chuckled.

 

Irene huffed. “I go now!” Irene announce and was about to walk away but Wendy quickly held her wrist.

 

“Wait! Stay here. Have lunch with me.”

 

“What?” Irene replied incredulously. Feeling Wendy has lost her mind.

 

“I know… you probably think I’m being ridiculous…” Irene nodded her head. “But...by the time you go back to the school, you don’t have time to take your lunch. And I don’t want you to get sick or worse, fainted later because of it. Plus, this food is enough for us two. And…I’m bored! Please…stay!” Wendy pleads, clasping both of her hands together.

 

Irene didn’t replied and stay rooted at her spot. She know Wendy’s right but she don’t want to stay and have lunch with her number one rival. Her pride is much more important to maintain than her empty stomach.

 

“If you don’t want to have lunch with me…I will tell the whole school that you help me.” Wendy threaten, smirking in the process. Irene gasped in horror.

 

“You wouldn’t!”

 

“Oh, yes I would.”

 

“Are you blackmailing me?” Wendy shrugged her shoulders.

 

“If that what you call it…is it working?” Irene glared at the grinning hamster. Regretting terribly for helping her.

 

Wendy chuckled. “Yup, it’s working! Come and sit here.” Wendy tap the empty space beside her. “Have lunch with your awesome enemy.” Irene scoffed. Wendy is really impossible and a huge prick.

 

“Come on…you don’t want the students-”

 

“Fine!” Irene exclaimed, plopping herself beside Wendy harshly. “Just…don’t you dare tell anyone or even dare to mention about this…ever again.”

 

“Deal!”

 

So in the end, the two well-known enemies had lunch together. With few teasing and little bickering exchanging between the two, the lunch date was splendid and fun but of course only in Wendy’s opinion. Her boring day suddenly turn upside down when Irene came to the picture. Irene presence makes her happy even though her rival didn’t know about it. And she like to keep it that way.

 

***

 

Eunbi sat on the toilet sink listening to some random song on her playlist from her phone. She let out a soft audible sighed, feeling her mood was gloomy today. She felt like some part of her was missing.

 

I miss you~~ I miss your smile~~

 

Hearing that particular lyrics in that song, an image of smiling Wendy came flashing right in of her eyes. The way Wendy smiles happily with her dimples visible on her slightly chubby cheeks keeps popping inside her mind and that made Eunbi felt slightly terrified. A fluttering feelings starts to creep out inside her body and her heart suddenly beats erratically fast just by thinking about her sister rival. Then, she ask herself…did she miss Wendy? Did she...without her knowing, fall in love with her sister rival? Eunbi quickly shook her head, shoving the thoughts away.

 

“I’m must be going crazy! I need some fresh air.” Eunbi jump down from the sink and rushed out from the toi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter