Chapter 6

The General and His Pet

"That's it huh?" Asked Dongwoo as he and Jinyoung parked outside the safe house in the city. "No one's here," said Jinyoung as he looked around. "No, it doesn't look like it," said Dongwoo. "Is the building owner in?" He asked. "Doesn't look like it," said Jinyoung. "Everything looks fine though," he added. "We're not going in then?" Asked Dongwoo. "No," said Jinyoung. "Kris was planning on making Jinho's house the newest safe house," he said. "After the building owner got suspicious of everyone coming through," he said.

"So we're declaring this place hostile?" Asked Dongwoo. Jinyoung nodded. "Until everything gets sorted out with the owner," he said. "For now we'll redirect everyone to Jinho's place, granted they agree to it," he said. "I'm sure they will," said Dongwoo. "Let's head back then," said Jinyoung. Dongwoo nodded and Jinyoung started the truck, heading back to Jinho's pack house.

 

~



"Wyatt, Yuto," said Jinyoung when they arrived and got out of the truck. "Hey there," said Wyatt. "Returning from a tracking mission?" Asked Jinyoung. "Yeah," said Wyatt. "It's been a rather interesting one," said Yuto as they headed inside the house.

"Oh, you're back!" Said Jinho. "For a little bit, we'll be leaving in a few hours," said Jinyoung. "Ah, I see," said Jinho. "I wanted to discuss something with you though, if you don't mind," said Jinyoung. "Hey Wyatt, Yuto," said MJ as he walked into the livingroom from the kitchen. "Hello," said Wyatt. Yuto nodded in greeting.

"We can talk out back then," said Jinho. "After you," said Jinyoung as he nodded. Jinho went to grab his shoes, putting them on before going out the backdoor. Jinyoung followed after him.

"What is it?" Asked Jinho as they went to stand on the dock. "The safe house in the city's been declared hostile," said Jinyoung. "Oh?" Asked Jinho as he blinked in surprise. "You don't have to move, luckily," Jinyoung added quickly. "I'm going to redirect traffic to your house here, until things get worked out," he said. "Worse comes to worse we lose that safe house," he said. "But we'll gain another one from you, if you are willing," he said.

"I'll have to discuss it with everyone first," said Jinho. "But I'm fine with it being temporary for the moment," he added. "I'll tell Kris then," said Jinyoung. "And redirect all traffic here," he said. "I'll contact you when we come to a decision," said Jinho. Jinyoung nodded.

"How long are your packmates going to be here?" Asked Jinho. "Not too much longer," said Jinyoung. "They'll probably leave when we do," he added. "Wyatt never likes to be around other packs and Yuto just goes along with him," he said. "Ah," hummed Jinho. "Sorry if they came by unannounced," said Jinyoung. "No worries, just wasn't expecting them is all," said Jinho. "I'll tell everyone to let you know they're coming then," said Jinyoung. "Thank you," said Jinho.

 

~



"Ah," said Dongwoo. "We should get going," he said as Jinyoung checked the time. "Oh, right we need to get going," said Jinyoung as he went to get packed and make sure the room was clean for the next person. "At least take dinner with you to go," called Jinho. "If it's alright with you," Jinyoung called back. "I got it," MJ called from the kitchen. Dongwoo went to get the containers of food, going to put them in the truck as Jinyoung finished packing and cleaning the guest room.

"We'll get going too then," said Wyatt as he came outside with Yuto. "You ran here?" Asked Dongwoo as he turned to Wyatt and Yuto. "We were just here in the states, so yeah," Wyatt said, shrugging. "We'll see you when you get done with the territory run then," he said. "Have a safe trip," said Dongwoo. "You too," said Wyatt before he left with Yuto.

"I never noticed it but," said Jinyoung as he came outside with his bag and placed it under the backseat in the truck. "They have changed so much since Minseok left," he said. "He was their youngest," hummed Dongwoo. "That's true," said Jinyoung. "I hope that where ever he is now, he's fine," he said. "I'm sure that he's happier now," said Dongwoo.

"We'll drop the containers off when we come back on the way to Boston," said Jinyoung as he got in the driver's side of the truck. "Did you put out word about where to go when people come to Chicago?" Asked Dongwoo. "Just sent a message to Mashiho and Yedam," said Jinyoung. "They'll put the word out for the hunters, and I've sent word out to Seungwoo and Gongchan back home, so that they can inform our respective information networks," he said.

"Hello?" Asked Changkyun as he picked up the phone. "Changkyun?" Asked Jinyoung. "Yeah, what's up?" Asked Changkyun. "It's Jinyoung, I'm doing a territory check and we're stopping by your place next," said Jinyoung. "Alright, I'll let the others know you're coming," said Changkyun. "Are you not home?" Asked Jinyoung. "I'm in South Korea right now with Jungkook for a small vacation," said Changkyun. "But there should be someone home," he added. "Alright, thanks," said Jinyoung. "Have a safe drive," said Changkyun. "I will, have a nice vacation," said Jinyoung before he hung up.

"Well, now it's all the matter of getting there," said Dongwoo. "Pretty much," said Jinyoung as he changed lanes.

 

~



"What do you think of the next territory?" Asked Dongwoo as they sat in the truck bed eating dinner after stopping at a rest stop. "It's different," said Jinyoung. "The way the pack is run is not different but there's other species in the pack that are there without much a choice," he said. "But Changkyun is not a bad person for doing what he did," he said.

"He had his reasons for letting others in right?" Asked Dongwoo. "Kind of?" Asked Jinyoung. "Every person that joined was from a pack decision," he said. "So everyone is on board with whoever joins," he said. "If it involves certain people then they always make the final decision on things," he said. "Ah," said Dongwoo. "Kind of like our respective parts of the pack," he said. "Pretty much," said Jinyoung. "If it really involved Kris, then that's when he'd step in," he said. "Most of the time it never goes to him, but if it really did, then," he said, shrugging.

"Do you think Chanyeol's going to be there?" Asked Dongwoo. "I don't know," said Jinyoung as he finished eating, taking a sip of his drink. "I haven't seen him in a long time though," he said. "I know he shared his territory with them but he's been silent for years now," he said. "We'll have to ask about it when we get there," said Dongwoo. "I know," said Jinyoung.

"Well," said Jinyoung as he hopped out of the truck bed. "I'm done," he said. "What about you?" He asked, turning to Dongwoo. "I'm done," said Dongwoo as he nodded, moving to get out of the truck, taking the container from Jinyoung. "I'm going to make sure these are washed," he said. "I'll wait on you here then," said Jinyoung. Dongwoo nodded and went to wash out the containers. Jinyoung closed the tailgate before walking around to the driver's seat and opening the door, grabbing his phone from the dock and checking it for any new messages as he sat down in the driver's seat. He responded to texts from the others, keeping it short and simple as he waited on Dongwoo.

Dongwoo walked over after thoroughly washing the containers, putting them in a compartment under the back seat before climbing into the truck on the passenger's side and sitting down before closing the door. "Anything interesting?" He asked. "Not really, just responding to the others," said Jinyoung. "They're passing on the word now," he said. "That's good," said Dongwoo.

"Well," said Jinyoung as he started the truck, putting the phone back on the dock. "Let's continue our journey then," he said. "Yay," Dongwoo said with slight sarcasm, earning a chuckle from Jinyoung as he backed out of his parking spot before driving off, heading towards their next destination.