Chapter 1

The General and His Pet

"You know, Seungwoo's supposed to be back," said Dongwoo as he walked over to Jinyoung who was leaning against the porch railing looking out into the front yard. "Really?" Asked Jinyoung. "I knew Kris didn't want him gone for too much longer but I expected them to be back a few weeks from now," he said.

"They got the alliance formed, so Kris wanted Seungwoo back here," said Dongwoo. "I guess that means someone's going to be doing another stateside run soon," Jinyoung said with a deep sigh, moving away from the railing to face Dongwoo. "It's not Byungchan, I already know that," he said, shaking his head. "He does the Europe runs mostly, so I guess it's us," said Dongwoo. "Most likely," hummed Jinyoung, moving around Dongwoo to head inside to grab his phone to see what was up in the group chats. Dongwoo followed after him.

"Where is everyone?" Asked Jinyoung. "Sunwoo's out with the other pack," said Dongwoo. "And Gongchan's in Toronto to check on the information network," he said. Jinyoung hummed in response.

"Well," said Dongwoo. "What are you going to do now?" He asked, as Jinyoung turned to look at him. "I don't know yet," said Jinyoung. "But I guess we'll make a trip into Toronto to see Yuto," he said. "I bet he'll be thrilled," Dongwoo said with a chuckle, earning an amused snort from Jinyoung. "Let's go then," said Jinyoung before he left with Dongwoo.

 

~



"I swear I better not be in some kind of trouble," said Yuto when he saw Jinyoung enter the Starbucks with Dongwoo behind him. "No no," said Jinyoung. "I heard that Seungwoo was back is all," he said. "Ah, he stopped by earlier," said Sejun as he was cleaning the machines. "Wooseok's with our pack now," he said. "So he was introduced to Yuto," he said. "Oh, that bear 'shifter," hummed Jinyoung. "Interesting," he said.

"You know him?" Asked Dongwoo. "He's part of Youngbin's information network," said Jinyoung. "Sandeul talks about him sometimes," he said. "Ah," said Dongwoo. "The usual then?" Asked Yuto. "Please," said Jinyoung as he went to pay for the drinks. Yuto processed the order and handed back the change. "It'll be a few minutes," he said.

"Where's the dogs?" Asked Jinyoung as he went to wait for their drinks. "Hui and them? It's some sort of anniversary today, so they're spending it somewhere out in the forest by Chani's place," said Sejun as he started on their drinks. "I wish I was able to go but it's something they wanted to do themselves," said Yuto. "I see," hummed Jinyoung.

"Where's MK and them been?" Asked Sejun. "Busy, Sunwoo's been taking them out on tracking missions, I have a feeling they'll be sent into Europe soon," said Jinyoung. "Hongjoong keeps saying how hard it is to go east," hummed Sejun. "Even Yunho's having trouble," he said. "Damn, something needs to be done soon," said Jinyoung. "MK has managed to get passed Austria but he's been radio silent for a few months now," he said.

"You see Gongchan today?" Asked Dongwoo. "No," said Yuto. "He hasn't stopped by yet," said Sejun. "I assume there's other places for your information network guys to meet up," he said. "Yeah," said Jinyoung. "But I expected a few people to stop by," he said. "Nah," said Yuto. "Not when Hui or Chani isn't here at least," he said. Sejun handed them their drinks before going to clean the other machines, and Jinyoung drank his coffee while Dongwoo went to sit by the windows to watch the traffic outside.

"A rare slow afternoon," said Jinyoung. "It's good, we mostly get traffic in the mornings," said Yuto as he shrugged. "It also means that we can keep an eye on those entering," said Sejun. "We don't want any incidents happening with the vampires," he said. "Right," said Jinyoung as he nodded, looking at his phone when he got pinged for an email.

"God damn it," said Jinyoung as he sighed. "I was right," he said, and Dongwoo looked over in curiosity. "We gotta look at the northern US territories," said Jinyoung. "Damn," said Dongwoo. "We'll keep things going here," said Sejun. "Yeah, I know you will," said Jinyoung. "But Seungwoo's here so I'm not too worried," he said.

"Best timing too, Byungchan's in the states right now from what I've heard," said Sejun. "I'll see you around then," said Jinyoung. "Have fun," said Sejun. Yuto waved. "Come on Dongwoo," said Jinyoung as he took a big gulp of coffee before leaving the store. Dongwoo followed after him.

 

~



"You're leaving as I return then," said Sunwoo as Jinyoung entered the house. "Pretty much," said Jinyoung. "How's things on your end?" He asked. "Just fine," said Sunwoo. "Changyoon's getting tired of all the tracking missions we're being sent on but," he said, shrugging. "MK's radio silent, I'm sure their side of the pack needs cash right now," said Jinyoung. "They do, but it doesn't mean they won't complain," Sunwoo said with a chuckle. Jinyoung shook his head in amusement.

"Did you see Seungwoo today?" Asked Sunwoo. "No," said Jinyoung. "But I'll stop by to welcome him back," he said. "Did Gongchan see him?" He asked. "Yeah, said hi, all that jazz," said Sunwoo. "Cool," said Jinyoung before he went to pack. "I am happy I don't have to pack, I just need my damn passport," Dongwoo said with a sigh as he went to look for it. Sunwoo shook his head in amusement before going into the kitchen to find something to eat.

 

~



Wooseok opened the door when the doorbell rang, blinking when he saw who it was. "Oh! Come on in," he said, moving to let Jinyoung and Dongwoo inside. "Seungwoo around?" Asked Jinyoung. "Yeah, he's taking a shower," said Wooseok. "He'll be out in a few minutes," he said. "Can sit and wait in the livingroom if you want," he said.

"We're actually in a hurry," said Jinyoung as he scratched the back of his head. "I'm needed to check on the northern territories in the states, only came by to welcome you back before leaving for the states," he said. "Ah, I see," said Wooseok.

"Mingi around?" Asked Dongwoo. "No, Yeosang is in Europe trying to go farther east," said Wooseok. "Mingi's with him," he said. "Darn," said Dongwoo. "Radio silence is a pain, I know," said Wooseok. "Wooyoung's frustrated because Jongho and Hongjoong are also out there," he said.

"Well, either Wyatt and Yuto #2 go out or Changyoon and Seungyoon get sent out to find them," said Jinyoung. "Wyatt and Yuto #2 are following a lead in Asia right now, I think," said Seungwoo as he came downstairs after getting dressed. "I dunno, I never pay attention to what's going on," he said. "I see," said Jinyoung.

"What brings you to my pack house?" Asked Seungwoo. "Just stopped by to welcome you back is all," said Jinyoung. "Ah," said Seungwoo. "Thanks, I guess," he said. "Stone faced Seungwoo is still stone faced Seungwoo it seems," Jinyoung said with a teasing grin. Seungwoo shook his head. "Only outside the pack," he said. "As per usual," said Jinyoung.

"When you reach Detroit say hi to Byungchan for me," said Seungwoo as Jinyoung prepared to leave. "Will do," said Jinyoung. "It's good to have you back kid," he said. Seungwoo chuckled lightly. "Yeah, it's good to be back," he said. Jinyoung waved before he walked over to the Jeep with Dongwoo, getting into the driver's seat while Dongwoo sat in passenger.

Seungwoo waved to them as Jinyoung started the jeep and backed out of the driveway, driving off towards the states.