Chapter 17

The General and His Pet

The first thing Jinyoung could feel was a burning sensation in the back of his throat. The first thing he could hear that was in his mind was the sounds of his wolf whining, wanting him to wake up. The second thing he could hear was the sounds of Dongwoo muttering to himself somewhere behind him and San, MK and Yunho having some sort of slightly muted conversation in front of him.

Jinyoung's eyes opened as he gasped, sitting up rather abruptly as he finally came to his senses. "What the hell did you do?!" He asked, gaining Dongwoo, MK, Yunho and San's attention.

 

~Earlier that day~



When MK appeared Jinyoung was finishing up declaring the territory safe, discussing things with Yonghoon and Taeil as they formed an alliance. Taeil wanted to discuss making his house one of Kris's safe houses but Jinyoung advised against it for now, to wait until Kris contacted him about it.

"Believe me, it's a little bit easier to wait," said Jinyoung. "Due to me thinking that you won't be needed," he said. "But I'll put word in for you," he said. Taeil nodded.

"I think for it to happen we'd have to have someone north of you," said Jinyoung. "Up in Montreal," he added. "Ah, I see," hummed Taeil. "Keep at it though, who knows, someone may occupy Montreal soon," said Jinyoung as the doorbell rang. Minhyuk had gone to get it, returning with Yunho before heading back to his room.

"Ready?" Asked Jinyoung as he looked up at Yunho. Yunho nodded. "We found that building, I set up a vantage point on the roof looking in," he said. "MK has a different vantage point, and Dongwoo will be with me while San will come in when you say the word," he said. "Alright," said Jinyoung as he stood. "Good luck," said Taeil. "Yeah, yeah," said Jinyoung as he left with Yunho.

 

~



Yunho positioned himself on the roof using an open skylight as his vantage point as he set up his rifle, making sure it was loaded. Dongwoo was beside him, drumming his fingers on his knees as he waited for the confrontation to start. MK was on the other side with his own rifle, covering the blind spot that Yunho had while Yunho was doing the same for MK.

MK signaled that Jinyoung had entered the building and Yunho got ready, balancing his rifle on a crate he had found as he waited for the signal. San was on standby, watching the confrontation from inside as he hid himself above the room.

"I never thought I'd find the day that you'd show up so willingly," came a voice as Jun walked into view. "It didn't take long to figure out why you were after me," said Jinyoung as he shrugged, looking at Jun. "I figured someone had survived the slaughtering of Seungwoo's home pack," he said.

"Why did you do it?" Asked Jun. "I simply followed through the process of declaring a territory hostile," said Jinyoung. "They had the chance to dispute the claims but their cockiness caused their deaths," he said.

"You think I wanted to kill a pack off for no reason?" Asked Jinyoung. "They were turning their children into soldiers," he said, looking up at the skylight where he could just barely see the end of the barrel to MK's rifle.

"Alas," said Jinyoung as he looked back at Jun, rolling his shoulders a bit. "Let's get this fight over with hm?" He asked. "Bring it," said Jun as he changed, launching himself at Jinyoung. Jinyoung leaped into the air, changing as he did so and meeting Jun halfway, slamming into each other. Jinyoung wasn't going down without a fight, snarling as he grabbed Jun by the throat and threw him off to the side.

Jun skidded into a pole, grunting as he slammed into it. He turned back to Jinyoung and rushed forward, catching Jinyoung off guard as he grabbed Jinyoung by the throat and yanked back, pretty much ripping his throat out.

San jumped down from his hiding spot, landing in front of Jun. "Oh boy," he said. "You've made a big mistake puppy," he said, rushing forward and slamming Jun into a wall. "Good thing your death will be quick," he said, throwing Jun into view of Yunho's rifle as Yunho took a shot, the bullet landing in just the right spot to paralyze the wolf. Footsteps above quickly let San know they were coming down to finish the job as San went over to Jinyoung who lay bleeding out on the floor.

"Hah! He'll be dead soon," spat Jun as he returned to human form, being sprawled out on his stomach. "There's no use," he spat. "Shut up you," said Yunho as he entered the building, walking up to where Jun was, grabbing his pistol and shooting Jun in the head to finish the job.

"San! Do something!" Said Dongwoo as he rushed at the vampire, causing San to take a few steps back. "I can't," said San as his expression turned blank. "Turn him!" Said Dongwoo. "Do something, please," he pleaded, falling to his knees in front of Jinyoung who was struggling to breathe.

MK came down as San looked at Yunho, unsure of what to do. "Do it," said Yunho. "But," he said, turning to Dongwoo. "If he goes insane as soon as he wakes up, I will kill him myself," he said. Dongwoo nodded. San shook his head and went over to a now human Jinyoung, taking his wrist and biting into it, pumping as much venom into his veins as possible.

Yunho shook his head, going over to Jun's body and taking a picture of the now dead wolf, emailing it to get paid. He went to get rid of the body, setting it on fire outside before returning.

 

~



The first thing Jinyoung could feel was a burning sensation in the back of his throat. The first thing he could hear that was in his mind was the sounds of his wolf whining, wanting him to wake up. The second thing he could hear was the sounds of Dongwoo muttering to himself somewhere behind him and San, MK and Yunho having some sort of slightly muted conversation in front of him.

Jinyoung's eyes opened as he gasped, sitting up rather abruptly as he finally came to his senses. "What the hell did you do?!" He asked, gaining Dongwoo, MK, Yunho and San's attention.

Yunho walked over, keeping a hand on the holster attached to his pants. "You're awake," he said. "I thought I was dead," said Jinyoung as he rubbed his neck, feeling smooth skin instead of a scar across it like he thought there would be. "San turned you," said Yunho. "That would explain the burning sensation in the back of my throat," said Jinyoung as he looked around the room.

"There's a working bathroom over there," said Yunho as he pointed. "So go get cleaned up," he said. Jinyoung nodded and got up, going to clean up. "I guess I'm done here," said MK. "It seems so," hummed Yunho as he turned to MK. "Thank you for the help," he said. "I'll see you back in Toronto," he said. MK nodded, leaving soon after.

"Ugh, how does Seungsik handle it?" Asked Jinyoung as he returned, dressed in some new clothes. "He's been alive long enough to not be fazed by it anymore," said San as he shrugged. "I'll take you hunting, and we'll be on our way," he said. Jinyoung nodded.

"Can you finish the territory check for me?" Jinyoung asked, turning to Yunho. "Where were you headed next?" Asked Yunho. "Boston then New York City," said Jinyoung. "Sure," hummed Yunho as he nodded. "Have a safe trip home," he said. Jinyoung nodded and Yunho left.

"Go back to Taeil's house, and tell him I won't be back for another couple hours," said Jinyoung as he turned to Dongwoo. Dongwoo nodded. San left with Jinyoung, and Dongwoo headed back to Taeil's house to wait on them.