Chapter 10

The General and His Pet

"You're leaving then?" Asked Doyoung as Jinyoung checked on the truck one last time to make sure that things were still good. "Yeah," said Jinyoung. "Continuing west from here?" Asked Doyoung. "Yep," said Jinyoung. "Tell JR that we said hello," said Doyoung. Jinyoung nodded. "Will do," he said.

Dongwoo walked over with Jinyoung's duffle bag, going to put it under the backseat on the driver's side before closing the door. "No trouble with getting my clothes washed?" Asked Jinyoung as he turned to Dongwoo as he walked over. "No, but we should go clothes shopping before heading back this way," said Dongwoo. "Great," Jinyoung said with sarcasm. "At least you don't have to go shopping for clothes," he said. Dongwoo let out a light chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck in a sheepish manner.

"Well," said Doyoung. "Have a safe trip," he said. "Will do," said Jinyoung. "Keep things in check yeah?" He asked. "Especially with Kisu and Jisung," he added. "I don't know how much this has changed the both of them but," he said, shrugging. Doyoung nodded, moving away from the truck as Jinyoung brought down the hood, patting the truck before moving over to get in on the driver's side. Dongwoo got in the passenger seat, closing the door. Jinyoung waved to Doyoung as he started the truck. He backed out of the driveway and drove off, heading towards their next destination.

 

~



"Hello?" Came JR's voice after Jinyoung called him. "JR?" Asked Jinyoung as he put the phone on the dock. "Yeah, who's this?" Asked JR. "It's Jinyoung, Kris ordered a territory check and you're next," said Jinyoung. "Oh, yeah come on over," said JR. "Minhyun's there I think, but I'll be there soon with Jinyoung," he said.

"The Jinyoung who lost his mate?" Asked Jinyoung. "The one and only," said JR. "Though, he goes by Junior now," he added. "Alright, that should make things easier for us," Jinyoung said with a chuckle, earning a laugh from JR. "I'll see you there then," said JR. "Have a safe trip," said Jinyoung. "You too," said JR before he hung up.

"So, this relative you supposedly have," said Dongwoo. "Who is it?" He asked. "I just spoke to him," said Jinyoung. "Wait, really? It's JR?" Asked Dongwoo. "From whose side of the family?" He asked. "He's directly from me, from my own son," said Jinyoung. "I don't know how many generations he is ahead of me but," he said, shrugging. "I was there for the birth of my first grandson before I had to leave," he said

"So you had a living relative this entire time?" Asked Dongwoo. "I didn't even know I had a relative from my human side until recently to be fair," said Jinyoung. "I always thought it was my brother and I but," he said, shrugging. "He was apparently the last of my line as a human anyway, since my only son was human," he said.

"JR's a turned werewolf though?" Asked Dongwoo. "I never had any kids as a werewolf," said Jinyoung. "And Yedam never found a wife before and after he was turned," he said, shrugging. "So, it'd make sense," he said. "Ah," hummed Dongwoo.

 

~



Minhyun was standing outside the apartment building when they got there, keeping his arms crossed over his chest as he watched the cars driving by. "Did JR tell you we were coming?" Asked Jinyoung as he stepped out of the truck after parking. "Yeah, he did," said Minhyun. "Though, I think we were expecting it after the move," he said, letting his arms fall to his side.

"Any more trouble since moving?" Asked Jinyoung as Minhyun led them inside and up to the apartment. "No," said Minhyun. "I believe they were empty threats," he said. "If it was empty threats you wouldn't have moved," hummed Jinyoung. "That's true," said Minhyun. "However we couldn't take that chance," he said.

"Forks was declared hostile anyway," said Aron as Minhyun entered the apartment with Jinyoung and Dongwoo. "It was?" Asked Jinyoung. "Vampires now have free reign of the town," said Aron. "Eunki was here a few days ago to get a confirmation," he said. "Karma," Jinyoung said with a snicker.

"How are they handling it?" He asked. "Fine I'd say," said Aron. "There's been a small blood den that popped up there, with Mashiho's approval of course," he said. "There's been talk about making the area basically becoming Italy or something," he said. "The tribe can't do a thing," he said. "They only drove us out because we were werewolves," he said. "They didn't say anything about vampires," he said.

"The one thing they didn't want is now on their doorstep," hummed Jinyoung. "And since Mashiho declared Forks off limits to hunters due to the tribe being complete , they can beg for help all they want, they won't get it," said Dongwoo. "Exactly," said Aron.

"So after everything, what's been going on?" Asked Jinyoung as they sat down in the livingroom. "Nothing much has happened to be honest with you," said Aron. "As I've said we've been left alone," he said. "Everyone gets sent out to do things, and JR's returning with Junior currently," he said. "Everyone else has been out, except the two of us," he added. "I see," said Jinyoung.

"How's Junior been since losing his mate?" Asked Dongwoo. "Manageable," said Minhyun as he sighed. "At least, when he started hunting," he added. "Before that he would be out for hours at a time unless he was sent out by Kris or something," he said. "Him and Mark have been through so much," hummed Aron.

"When is JR going to be here?" Asked Jinyoung. "In a few hours, we have a room open for you, if you want to get some rest before then," said Minhyun. "We can do that," said Dongwoo as he nodded. Jinyoung nodded in agreement. Aron nodded and got up. "I'll take you to the room then," he said. Jinyoung and Dongwoo nodded, getting up and following Aron into the room they were given for the night.

 

~



"Do you think he knows?" Asked Dongwoo. "JR?" Asked Jinyoung. Dongwoo nodded. "I don't know," said Jinyoung. "It's possible," he said. "I'm sure he has some idea of what his ancestors were like," he said. "I never put a lasting impression on my kid though, but I'm sure he told stories of what's now translated as the "wolfman," he said. "I see," said Dongwoo.