Chapter 12

The General and His Pet

"Papa!" Came a voice, causing Jinyoung to turn to the voice. "Hey kiddo," said Jinyoung as he leaned down in front of his son. "What's up?" He asked. "Mommy says to never give up!" Said Jinyoung's son. "Momma says you're not feeling happy," he said with a pout. "So I ran over to cheer you up!" He said throwing his arms wide as he grinned. Jinyoung laughs. "Alright alright," he said, tousling his son's hair. "Let's go see what mommy's cooking," he said, getting up and picking up his son, putting him on his shoulders. "Yay!" Shouted Jinyoung's son.
 

~



Jinyoung sat up in surprise, rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands as he took deep breaths to calm himself down. "The hell is with these dreams?" He asked, letting his hands fall into his lap.

"You okay?" Asked Dongwoo as he sat up, looking at Jinyoung. "Mm fine," mumbled Jinyoung. "What dream did you have this time?" Asked Dongwoo. "My son," said Jinyoung. "But the last time that happened was when Seungwoo came to me about his family," he said. "And it turned out alright in the end," he said.

"What are we doing today?" Asked Dongwoo. "Going to see what's going on in Forks," said Jinyoung. "Youngbin's in town, as are Changyoon and Seungjoon," he said. "Changyoon and Seungjoon are only passing through, and they were asked by Youngbin to ask if I could come over," he said. "I see," hummed Dongwoo.

"Breakfast is ready," said Minhyun as he knocked on the door. "We'll be out in a minute," called Jinyoung as he moved to get up, walking over to his duffle bag to get a change of clothes. "I'll see you in the kitchen then," he said to Dongwoo before leaving the room to go take a shower. Dongwoo rubbed the back of his neck with a small chuckle before getting up and heading out of the room and going to the kitchen to get his share of food.

"Oh, hello Junior," said Dongwoo as he noticed that Junior had joined them for breakfast. "Hello," mumbled Junior before he took a sip of coffee, looking through his phone. "Jinyoung in the shower?" Asked JR. Dongwoo nodded.

"What are your plans today?" Asked JR. "We're going to Forks," said Dongwoo. "Youngbin needs Jinyoung for something," he said, shrugging. "Since he asked Changyoon and Seungjoon to see if he could head to Forks for something," he said.

"Changyoon and Seungjoon?" Asked JR. "They're part of the sub-pack Jinyoung controls," said Dongwoo. "Jinyoung has the final say in most things, but he otherwise leaves them alone," he said. "And of course, whatever Kris says goes," he added. "I see," said JR.

"You're considering it?" Asked Jinyoung as he entered the kitchen after his shower. "I'm thinking about it," said JR. "It's a lot to take in," he said. "If things are going where they think they will go, it's just a precaution," said Jinyoung. "If it works out, we'll be back for the contract and I'll leave you be," he said, shrugging. "I mean, other than checking on territories and things of course," he added. "Right," said JR.

 

~



"Well, I should get going," said Jinyoung as he got up, stretching. "Leaving me here?" Asked Dongwoo. "For the moment," said Jinyoung. "I don't think they'd appreciate an animal-human hanging around the premises," he said. "It's Youngbin," said Dongwoo. "But I know nothing about how this blood den is run," said Jinyoung. "I'll be fine, just stay here," he said. Dongwoo hummed, shaking his head. "Fine," he said. "I'll be back soon," said Jinyoung before he left, heading to Forks.
 

~



"You needed me for something?" Asked Jinyoung as he walked into the blood den to spy Youngbin leaning against the wall with Changyoon and Seungjoon standing off to the side having a quiet conversation.

"Just needed to talk to you about Jun," said Youngbin. "What else do you have for me?" Asked Jinyoung. "He's hiding in Albany," said Youngbin. "Great, that's the spot I'm headed to next," Jinyoung said with a deep sigh. "What else you got for me?" He asked.

"Your past is coming back for you," said Youngbin. "Ah..." Hummed Jinyoung. "I see you got that immediately," said Youngbin. "There's only one reason my past would come back for me," said Jinyoung. "Someone survived," said Youngbin as he raised an eyebrow. Jinyoung nodded.

"You have a backup plan for your pet?" Asked Youngbin. "Already taken care of," said Jinyoung as he shrugged, putting his hands into his jacket pockets. "Good to hear," said Youngbin. "Just be wary of what happens next," he said. "Always will," said Jinyoung as he nodded.

"We're getting a new general huh?" Asked Changyoon as he turned to Jinyoung. "Not yet," said Jinyoung. "But if all works out well, we won't be seeing a new general anytime soon," he said.

"Is that why Dongwoo isn't with you right now?" Asked Seungjoon. "He's spending time with his new contract holder before I head back, yeah," said Jinyoung said, scratching the back of his head. "It's going to be hard for him, when we leave," he said. "He'll have to deal with it though, right?" Asked Youngbin. "I can't reveal who his new contract owner is yet, we don't know who is listening in," said Jinyoung. "Makes sense," said Seungjoon.

"So who's occupying the reservation?" Asked Jinyoung as he turned to Youngbin. "Kookheon and his pack," said Youngbin as he shook his head in amusement. "Really?" Asked Jinyoung. "They wanted werewolf hunters? Yedam sent those two and their pack," said Youngbin. "Vampire hunters aren't allowed in this area," he said. "Must be paying them a lot to have them stay," remarked Jinyoung. "I heard it was almost the entire reservation's income from all the local businesses," said Youngbin. "They're really desperate to keep werewolves out," said Jinyoung.

"I think after what Yugyeom did, they'd have a good reason to," said Youngbin. "That was years ago though, they're still holding onto that grudge?" Asked Jinyoung. "Apparently," said Youngbin.

"Is that it?" Asked Jinyoung. "I suppose," said Youngbin. "Just be careful from now on," he said. "Why the concern hm?" Asked Jinyoung. "I'd hate to lose my most famous informant," said Youngbin. Jinyoung chuckled, shaking his head. "Of course," he said.

"I'll see you two back home then," said Jinyoung as he turned to Changyoon and Seungjoon. "You don't want company?" Asked Changyoon. "I got this," said Jinyoung. "I'll be fine with just Dongwoo," he said. "Just go home, I'll finish this and I'll be home before you know it," he said. "Just be careful," said Seungjoon. "I will," said Jinyoung. "Don't tell the others yet," he said. "I want to see what happens before the reveal of Dongwoo's new contract owner," he said. Changyoon nodded.

"I'll see you then," said Jinyoung. "See you," said Youngbin. "Have a safe trip," said Changyoon. "Same to you two," said Jinyoung before he left, heading back to Seattle.