Chapter 15

The General and His Pet

There was always something that Jinyoung felt whenever he went to check on a new territory. Half the time he was sure it was going to be fine, but the other half he knew that something was going to happen. It was why Kris usually trusted his instincts in the first place.

"You're oddly tense," said Dongwoo as Jinyoung packed up the truck to get ready to leave. "My instincts are screaming at me to keep away from Albany but I know that if I don't check it I won't be able to declare this run a success," said Jinyoung.

"It's because of Jun isn't it?" Asked Dongwoo. "It seems so," said Jinyoung. "But I think it's best we get it over with, and not risk it going to JR," he said. "Right," hummed Dongwoo.

"You're leaving then?" Asked Jaehyun as he walked over. "For now," said Jinyoung. "We'll come around on the return trip before going straight to Toronto," he said. "Alright," said Jaehyun. "Just let us know you're coming," he said. "Will do," said Jinyoung.

 

~



"Hello?" Asked Taeil once he picked up the phone. "Taeil?" Asked Jinyoung as he put the phone on the dock. "Yes, who's this?" Asked Taeil. "It's Jinyoung, Kris ordered a territory check and I need to stop by to make sure things are alright with you," said Jinyoung. "You're heading over now?" Asked Taeil. "Yes," said Jinyoung. "Though, if you say no we'll head straight to New York City," he added.

"Never had a territory check before, what do you do?" Asked Taeil. "Just make sure things are okay, seeing if you are doing anything to catch the humans' attention or not," said Jinyoung. "That's it?" Asked Taeil. "Yeah," said Jinyoung.

"Alright, come on over," said Taeil. "We're on our way now," said Jinyoung. "From where?" Asked Taeil. "Ithaca," said Jinyoung. "Jaehyun's territory?" Asked Taeil. "Yes," said Jinyoung. "Alright, see you in a few hours," said Taeil before he hung up.

"That was easy," said Dongwoo. "I'm sure there is a hidden incentive behind the welcoming demeanor," said Jinyoung. Dongwoo hummed in response. "I'd say that you're crazy but you've never been wrong about these kinds of situations before," he said. Jinyoung hummed in response, shrugging as he changed lanes.

"Didn't Byungchan say there was another pack here?" Asked Dongwoo. "I believe so," hummed Jinyoung. "But Taeil was the one to make the territory public, so I don't know," he said, shrugging. "Hm," hummed Dongwoo.

 

~



Taeil opened the door after Jinyoung rang the doorbell, nodding in greeting. "Come on in," he said, moving to let them in before closing the door behind him, turning to face Jinyoung and Dongwoo.

"You're alone?" Asked Jinyoung. "Jihoon and Minhyuk are at work," Taeil said, shrugging as he walked passed them and over to the couch where he sat down, causing Jinyoung and Dongwoo to go join him, the both of them sitting in different chairs.

"What caused the two of you to come check out my territory?" Asked Taeil. "It's a normal territory check," said Jinyoung. "Usually Byungchan and Seungwoo or Subin and Seungsik would do the runs in the US but they were busy so Kris sent us two," he said. "We're just here to make sure that you aren't exposing yourselves to the humans," he said. "After this we need to check New York City and Boston," he said. "I see," said Taeil.

"By the way," said Jinyoung. "Is there another werewolf pack here?" He asked. "Hm? Yeah," said Taeil. "Why didn't they make their territory public? I don't know the answer to that," he said. "Do you know who their pack leader is?" Asked Dongwoo. "I believe his name is Yonghoon," said Taeil. "Apparently they have some sort of ties with Dongmyeong but I'm not completely sure about that just yet," he said. "Hm," hummed Jinyoung.

"They wouldn't happen to be hiding a person by the name of Jun in their ranks would they?" Asked Dongwoo. "Is he someone important?" Asked Taeil. "He's been targeting contract bound animal humans," said Jinyoung.

"That's bad then," said Taeil. "Pretty much," said Jinyoung. "I can call up Yonghoon to see if he can come over," said Taeil. "I'll say it's for pack things or something," he said. "Fine with me," said Jinyoung. Dongwoo nodded in agreement.

 

~



"What do you need Jinyoung?" Asked Hwanhee as Jinyoung called him via Skype. "Is Dongmyeong there?" Asked Jinyoung. "He is, what do you need him for?" Asked Hwanhee. "I just need to speak to him regarding the pack he was with before joining yours," said Jinyoung. "It's that important huh? Let me see if I can get him in here," said Hwanhee before he left the view of the camera.

"What did you need?" Asked Dongmyeong as he came to sit in front of the camera, rubbing his eyes to wake himself up a bit. "Did we wake you? Sorry about that," said Jinyoung. "No no, it's fine, I need to let Xion sleep anyway," said Dongmyeong as he shook his head, letting his hands rest in his lap once he was awake enough to focus on the call.

"Well, does the name Yonghoon ring a bell?" Asked Jinyoung. Dongmyeong blinked, straightening up as he focused his attention on Jinyoung. "What about him?" He asked. "Apparently he's here in Albany, and such," said Jinyoung. Dongmyeong hummed in response. "That's not news to me, I got to see him and the rest of the pack when they landed in Boston," he said. "Something about starting a new life in the states or something," he said.

"Did you hear about the werewolf trying to get the contract bound animal-humans that belonged to various people?" Asked Jinyoung. "Jun? Yeah I know about him," said Dongmyeong. "What, is he after you and your pet?" He asked. "Could say that," said Jinyoung.

"I don't know him personally but," Dongmyeong said, shrugging. "There's another motive behind that," he said. "Kanghyun says he holds some serious grudges," he said. "Apparently he changed plans and is going after you now," he said. "What information do you have on him?" Asked Jinyoung.

"He's a pure blood," said Dongmyeong. "That's all I have on him really," he said. "That narrows it down actually," hummed Jinyoung. "I know why he's after me now," he said. "Thanks for wanting to talk," he said. Dongmyeong nodded before hanging up.