Chapter 12

Last Chance

Tae-Kyung’s point of view

 

I sat beside Mi Nyu’s bed as Shinwoo talked with the doctor about her condition and Jeremy paced outside the door.

 

I stared at Mi Nyus sleeping face not knowing what thoughts should be going through my head.

 

Why can’t my eyes be better? Why’d Shinwoo have to get there first? What’s going on between those two? Are they already together? Does she know how she feels about him yet or not? Does HE know how she feels about him? Am I really just a third wheel? How can she suddenly fall out of love with me? I though she loved me…

 

A thousand questions ran through my head as I stared at her…all of them without an answer. The questions were killing me and I felt like I needed to get away from them. I was slowly going insane staring at Mi Nyu as a thousand unanswered questions nagged at my mind.

 

I quickly stood and walked to the door.

 

"What’s up?" Shinwoo stopped his conversation to ask me.

 

"I need fresh air." I answered then closed the door after me.

 

"Where are you going?" Jeremy asked as he stopped pacing to stare at me.

 

"To the roof…I need fresh air." I answered again and walked away quickly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He Yi’s point of view

 

My eyes fluttered open to see my environment had completely changed. I was no longer in a thick and natural forest; I was surrounded by beeping machinery in a foreign bed and small white room.

 

I reached for my head, It felt so light.

 

Am I in a hospital? I don’t remember what happened after I…I fainted.

 

"What am I doing here?" I asked aloud.

 

"You had to get that stupid head of yours checked out." I heard a grumpy voice from beside my bed. Tae-Kyung?

 

I turned my head with my winning smile in place, ready to win Tae-Kyungs heart.

 

But instead of my perfect Tae-Kyung I saw Go Minam slouching in the hospital chair next to my bed.

 

I frowned and it became awkward.

 

Go Minam adverted his eyes away from me, "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." I answered curtly and began twirling my hair.

 

I heard Go Minam sigh beside me, "You should thank my sister." He stated.

 

I looked at him, "And why should I do that?" I asked bewildered.

 

Go Minam turned his head away and scoffed quickly before looking back at me and sarcastically saying, "Maybe because she sprained her ankle and still carried you instead of leaving your behind?"

 

"What happened? Why was she carrying me?" I asked bewildered as I tried to remember.

 

Go Minam raised an eyebrow curiously, "You fainted…Remember?"

 

"N—" I froze as the lost memories came flooding back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

 

I feel faint…

 

I looked back at Mi Nyu who was struggling. If she faints I’m not carrying her…I’ll come back with help later if that happens…

 

 

 

Suddenly my eyesight -out and my body fell, tumbled, and rolled. I couldn’t feel the pain but I knew I would feel it later…

 

My body stopped rolling and I lay on the ground, my mind slipping into unconsciousness quickly. Only my sense of hearing remained.

 

I felt my center of gravity shift and a warmth on my stomach.

 

What?

 

I struggled to open my eyes, my vision was blurry and spinning but I could make out that I was on Mi Nyu’s back.

 

Mi Nyu? Why’s she carrying me? I thought she was only nice to the ANJELL guys…

 

I’m starting to realize just how nice she is…maybe if we could be friends I could change…

 

My eyelid closed themselves and I felt myself drift away…

 

 

~~~PRESENT TIME~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How is she?" I heard myself ask.

 

"Mi Nyu? She’s fine…She’s probably sleeping in the next room over." Go Minam said as he point a thumb to his left, my right.

 

She’s in the next room over? So that means…"What’s wrong with her?"

 

"Minor sprained ankle…"

 

"I need to go." I said as I pulled my legs out from under the blankets and onto the ground but Go Minam stopped me.

 

"What? I want to see how she is." I stated. Why won’t he let me pass?

 

"We need to talk first." He said grimly.

 

I sat back down and crossed my arms, "What about?"

 

"Us."

 

"There is no ‘us’. There never was." I stated.

 

The muscles on Go Minams neck tightened "Then why’d you agree to go on that date with me?"

 

I felt myself scoff, "Are you really asking that? I mean isn’t it obvious?" I stood and stared him in the eyes.

 

Go Minam stared back wide-eyed.

 

"Because you were pestering me. I got sick of you chasing me. So I figured I would crush your hopes and you’d move on…but look at you. You’re pathetic. You’re still chasing after me." Go Minam remained speechless. So I continued and gave the final strike. The one that would really make him give up.

 

"I will never like you. You’re not a man…You’re just a silly boy who’s chasing after my shadow. Give it up. I only see Tae-Kyung. And compared to him you’re nothing but a cheeky brat." I walked past him, not giving him a chance to defend himself.

 

"Wait!" I heard Go Minams voice say angrily. I stopped and turned around to look at his tensed back.

 

"You’re sick of me chasing you? Huh?" He let out a strained laugh, "What a joke! You honestly never saw me as a man?" His voice cracked with anger, his fists were clenched and trembling. His whole body was tense from anger.

 

He turned around to face me, his eyes burning with a look that scared me. I felt myself freeze in terror at the murderous aura that Go Minam was giving off.

 

He stepped towards me, "You thought of me as a ‘Cheeky brat’? A ‘Silly boy’?" He said ruefully. As he got closer I backed away slowly until I had nowhere to go, my back against a wall.

 

"Go Minam, What are you doing?" I heard my voice tremble.

 

He continued to slowly walk towards me, his eyes burning a hole into me.

 

He stopped only a few inches between us, and leaned in to look me in the eyes. Looking like he was gonna kiss me.

 

Oh no! He’s gonna kiss me?! I squeezed my eyes shut wanting it to be over as soon as possible.

 

"Ha…On a closer look…You’re not that pretty." Go Minam scoffed then pushed off the wall then turned his back to me.

 

I felt tears begin to streak down my face. I covered my mouth so my sobs would be silenced and ran out of the room as fast as I could!

 

When I got out to the hall I was lucky that there weren’t many people around.

 

I can’t let anyone see me like this! Tears continued to fall. I need to find somewhere were I can be alone for awhile! I began to run up the stairs that led to the roof…

 

 

 

 

 

I'm so sorry it took that long for me to update! >.< I've just been REALLY busy!

And I was sick with a cold! But I'm finally starting to get better~!

I hope you all like this chapter and comment and subscribe!!!

Thank you!! :D

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!