Chapter 14

Last Chance

Jeremy’s point of view:

 

"Where is everyone????" I whined while strolling through another white hall.

 

"All these hall look the sammmmee! I don’t have a clue where I am!" I complained.

 

"I’m hungry! Someone save meeeee!!!" I yelled to the empty hall.

 

I quickly looked around expecting someone to magically come around a corner and save me but unfortunately I wasn’t that lucky.

 

I rounded another corner—BAM!

 

I fell onto my backbone, "Owwwie!" I put whine into my voice as I pursed my lips and rubbed my rear end.

 

"Jeremy?"

 

Is it a crazy fan who is desperately in love with me again?! Wait...no I recognized that voice… "SHINWOO!!! MY SAVIOR!!!" I tackle-hugged him.

 

"Your savior?" He questioned. As he gently pulled my arms from around him and leaned away from me.

 

"I was so scared! I was lost! I didn’t know where I was! All these halls look the same!" I clasped his two hands between mine and bombarded him in complaints.

 

"Then I guess you don’t know where I can find the roof?" Shinwoo observed as he slowly examined his surroundings, "I need some fresh air…" Shinwoo said absently.

 

He wasn't paying attention to me! I puffed my cheeks and put a cute pout on my lips...Hmm?..."Hey how come you’re face is red?" I asked curiously and Shinwoo turned even redder as he averted his eyes away.

 

Hehe what’s he been up to?

 

"So how’s Mi Nyu?" I asked slyly and Shinwoo quickly looked at me awkwardly then away, which told me whatever it was Mi Nyu was involved.

 

"She’s still sleeping…where’s the roof?" Shinwoo said as he smoothed his voice, trying to change the subject.

 

"Right next to you smart one." An obnoxious voice from behind me spoke.

 

Both Shinwoo and I looked over to the sudden appearance of a third person.

 

I scowled. It was Go Minam. He was pointing between Shinwoo and me. We both looked to see a door that looked like all the rest, only different was there was a sign with an illustration of stairs on it.

 

"Imagine that…" Shinwoo whispered as his eyes widened slightly. He was probably internally slapping himself for not knowing that led to outside.

 

"I wouldn’t go out there though," Go Minam continued, "I saw Tae-Kyung and He Yi go up there…"

 

"Oh really?" Shinwoo said thoughtfully as he examined the door. "Then maybe we should give them some privacy." He concluded.

 

Something seemed off…

 

Shinwoo seemed more withdrawn and absent-minded than usual, and Go Minam seemed tense and somewhat…angry?

 

I beamed my bright smile, it looks like they need some ‘Jeremy therapy’!!

 

"Hey let’s go get some ice cream then!!"

 

"No." Shinwoo and Go Minam said as one voice.

 

I changed my tactics; okay asking didn’t work so how about begging…

 

I put on my best puppy dog face and stared into their eyes, "Pwetty pwease? I really want some ice cweam…" Heh…baby talk…ALWAYS works.

 

"Sorry but that’s not gonna work today Jeremy." Shinwoo said unaffected by my efforts and then he WALKED AWAY! Can you believe it?! He just walked away like he had never seen us in the first place! I was about to go after him and pull his stupid back here and nag some manners into him until Go Minam grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back, I looked at him questioningly and he just shook his head, his eyes never leaving Shinwoo’s back.

 

"Just let him go…he needs to be alone." He said like he knew some big secret (which really pissed me off to be perfectly frank) and I let my gaze follow Shinwoo as he turned a corner…. What was that about?

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

He Yi’s point of view

 

I shoved the entrance to the roof open and instantly the wind whipped at my face and the sunray came down on me, making me squint as I took a step forward. The entrance door closed itself as I released my hold on it. I looked back as I heard the door slam shut.

 

"Why are you here fake fairy?" Tae-Kyung’s voice said from across the roof.

 

Tae-Kyung was leaning against the railing, facing me with his usual scowl in place and a small shiny trinket in his right hand.

 

I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and tried not to look him in the eyes.

 

"What’s wrong with you?" He asked with just a little bit of concern showing in his voice.

 

"Nothing, I’ve just had a bad day." I answered.

 

"Do you always cry when you have a bad day?" Tae-Kyung asked.

 

"Do you always scowl?" I asked back.

 

I saw a sliver of a smile, "Heh most of the time yes." He answered with charisma.

 

My eyes widened at the unexpected gift of his smile and I felt the corners of my lips tug up. Is this the real Tae-Kyung?

 

"Why are you out here?" I asked feeling Tae-Kyung’s presence calm me.

 

Tae-Kyung frowned, "I needed to get away from Mi Nyu’s room..." He answered honestly but didn’t seem comfortable so he changed the subject "And what about you, why are you up here?"

 

I decided to skip the part about Go Minam, "I couldn’t let people see me like this." I answered honestly and motioned towards my face which I was sure was red from fear and embarrassment and my eyes were pink and puffy from my tears.

 

"Yeah you do look pretty scary." Tae-Kyung teased with a genuine smile. I was completely amazed, I didn’t know he knew how to smile! Let alone make a joke!

 

He was smiling but something seemed off…like he was hiding something. My eyebrow perked up precariously.

 

"Tae-Kyung…"

 

"Mm?"

 

"Is something bugging you?" I asked hesitantly, not wanting to see his smile disappear.

 

But it did. Tae-Kyung frowned and the aura became heavy.

 

He didn’t answer me.

 

"Is it Mi Nyu?" I asked.

 

He didn’t move or say anything; his glare fixed onto the ground.

 

"Is it really over between you two?" I pushed him to answer.

 

Tae-Kyung swallowed loudly and spoke. His voice was grudging and curt, "I guess so." He sounded like he had to force the words out.

 

"Are you okay?" I looked at him with concerned eyes.

 

Tae-Kyung’s words spilled out of his mouth unfiltered by his brain, "How could I be? When she’s being stolen away from me by someone else?" His voice was honest and hurt.

 

I didn’t know how to answer that.

 

He continued….

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mi Nyu’s point of view:

 

 

I snuck out of my hospital room with one goal: find Shinwoo and…Well I’ll figure it out when I get that far.

 

Okay! Where would Shinwoo be? I suddenly felt like a secret agent since I wasn’t even sure if I was allowed outside of the hospital room…hehe I’m so bad.

 

When Shinwoo was leaving the room he said that he needed fresh air so…outside maybe? Or…THE ROOF!!

 

Back home Shinwoo would always go onto the roof to get fresh air and drink his tea! So that must have been where he went! I concluded with a smile on my face! Freeing proud of my detective skills~!

 

 

 

I never found the roof to my dismay, I puffed my cheeks and frowned as I sat down in a bench of the inside garden. I gave up, AISH! How can I not find him in such a small hospital?!…Okay actually this hospital was really big. I mean an inside garden? What, did they take me to the most expensive hospital they could find? I looked up letting my mind slip away into the skies, I could see straight to the sky, birds flew stories above me and past them were soft puffy clouds they looked so far away... I counted the numbers of stories just to amuse myself… I ended up always losing count after twelve and gave up on that idea too... looking closer people were looking down on me from the balconies above. I smiled back to a grandma on the second story, she must be people watching, I can imagine a hospital could be really boring…

 

"Mi Nyu?" I heard my name called by a familiar voice from behind me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 He Yi’s point of view:

 

He continued, "I see her and I have no clue what I should be thinking! I want to hate her and just forget all about her yet some part of me just won’t let her go! …I don’t even care if she’s miserable with me, I just don’t want to feel so lonely." His voice strained and cracked on the last word, like it pained him to admit that he was vulnerable and lonely.

 

It pained me to see Tae-Kyung so hurt and confused…but I also was so grateful to see this whole other side to him…I wanted to know more but I couldn’t take the pain in my chest. I looked for whatever distraction I could, and I found it in his hand.

 

My eyes focused on the shiny dangling trinket "What’s that in your hand?" I asked and pointed at the trinket in his hand. I felt like such a coward avoiding the real serious stuff and I immediately regretted opening my big fat mouth.

 

He looked down at it and I couldn’t identify what he was feeling, "Hers…or at least it would have been—"

 

He let out a deep sigh as he looked at the necklace with a sad smile; "Maybe it’s because I only bought one necklace instead of two…" he scoffed at himself then scornfully said, "Who am I kidding? Our relationship was cursed from the beginning."

 

Tae-Kyung looked up at the sky with sad eyes, as if he was lost and was looking for the answer in the clouds.

 

He finally said, "Maybe it’s time I let go…" then slowly looked to me, wondering what my response would be.

 

I couldn’t think of a good response for that…I had mixed feelings.

 

I just wanted to see him happy again and I didn’t know what could make him happy just yet…If only I did know; I would do anything to make him smile instead of look at me with such sad and vulnerable eyes…all because of some other girl.

 

"I…" I searched for some words to say. But I wasn’t good at comforting people; I was only good at hurting them. God how I regret never working on my comforting skills. I gave up on words; words were meaningless, I knew. I said meaningless words all the time, yes most of the time my empty words are hurtful but I usually never meant them. Actions however were useful and meaningful, that I learned from my technique in bullying which I had perfected over the year…geez why does everything have to relate to that? I wish I was a better person…maybe I can start now.

 

Using my actions I walked towards Tae-Kyung, he looked at me suspiciously but he didn’t tell me to stop or do any other indication for me to stop…so I didn’t. I walked straight up to him and stopped before him for a second, he looked down at me dully, wondering what I was doing. To be honest, I didn’t quite know myself. What am I doing?

 

A short silence fell over us as I was thinking, apparently his patience was thin today because he couldn’t take the silence any longer,

 

"What are you going to do fake fairy?" he asked dully.

"Comfort you."

"And exactly how are you going to do—?"

I didn’t let him finish his sentence before I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer and feeling his warmth through my clothes, I smile. His whole body was tense and I suspected that even when he wasn’t caught off guard that he felt tense. His smell filled my nostrils, what is this cologne? It’s so soft and warm…Tae-Kyung’s muscles relaxes slowly, very slowly, until he returned my hug gently, his hands felt like they were barely touching me, as if he was afraid to break me. To be honest I was suspecting him to push me away…he must be in more distress than I thought.

 

I suddenly got curious about what kind of expression was on his face? Was it soft like his scent? Or was it uncomfortable and cold as usual?

 

I leaned my head back to where I could see his face, his beautiful lips weren’t scowling and his eyes looked into mine, they were soft and something hidden was glistening behind them? I felt like he was fighting himself about something, there was some hidden pain in that smile of his, like he was hurting inside. I felt my body heat from his gaze…it was so warm though.

 

After a few seconds he started to lean closer, his perfect lips inching closer to mine. My face heated at the closeness and I realized I really wanted to kiss him, GOD DID I WANT TO KISS HIM! So I leaned in too, and closing my eyes I waited for his lips to touch mine…

 

After an awkward moment passed I opened my eyes again, the warmth in Tae-Kyung’s eyes had gone away and he was frowning, instead he looked hurt. His hands slowly slid off my back and swayed to his sides as he stepped back, his eyes never leaving mine with that distressed look on his face.

 

I wondered what thoughts were going through his head as I stared back at him, feeling something weird that I couldn't describe.

 

"I…" Tae-Kyung started but paused…His words cut off my his own throat and his eyes looked like they were moistening, what was going on in his head? Then he tore his eyes off me and after a few seconds when he looked back he was the same Tae-Kyung I had just seen just a few minutes ago, "Thanks for comforting me" He smiled, "I should go check on Mi Nyu now." He was obviously hiding something.

 

Desperately I reached out and my hand grabbed at his shirt, he looked back at me, my eyes searched his but found nothing, "Yes?" Tae-Kyung asked innocently, as if nothing out of the ordinary had just happened.

 

I didn’t know what to say…I was at a loss of words. I just frowned and lowered my head. "Nothing…" I said feeling a tinge of disappointment as I released his shirt. He ruffled my hair and walked away before I was able to see what kind of expression he wore, and then he was gone.

 

I just stood there in shock, too many things had just happened; I couldn’t grasp it all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mi Nyu’s point of view:

 

My eyes widened as they fell on the familiar figure in the shadows of a tree, "Shinwoo?" my question came out as a soft whisper.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'm sooooooo sorry I haven't updated in forever! I realize that I've probably lost alot of readers and I hope that none of you are disappointed with this new chapter

I've been going through a tough time in my life and have also been really busy ^^ SORRY! I'm back though and although I won't be able to update once a week like I used to, hopefully I will be able to do it like once a month at least!

Please continue to support me and remember :) comments are love (cause seriously I need to know that at least one person is still reading this! So please comment so I don't get discouraged! XD)

Thank you! <3